Most worstest most aspect of Fallout 4

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Most worstest most aspect of Fallout 4 (59 votes)

The character is voiced (i.e. you no longer role-play as you) 8%
The dumbed down responce system 19%
Karma system non-existent 10%
No intricate of well thought out reaction to player decisions 17%
You get power armor within the first 20 minutes 7%
It runs terrible on console 0%
It looks terrible 8%
It's a poor pc port (even though it's from a pc originated franchise and pc made Bethesda) 5%
The AI is still broken 0%
The game balance is still broken 5%
Takes 10 mintues to walk across the map 0%
Insult to Fallout 1/2 14%

Now that the dust is settled and gamespot overrated it, what aspect do you hate most about fallout 4?

Pic below: Proper RPG

No Caption Provided

• 
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I like the game, but the GUI is simply terrible on PC. After 20 hours in the game, I still can't get used to it. Here's hoping some modders will fix that crap.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

" The character is voiced (i.e. you no longer role-play as you)"

I actually like this. It makes conversations flow more naturally if both participants are actually talking.

"The dumbed down responce system"

Yeah, I liked the more complex conversational trees of the previous games.

"Karma system non-existent"

No, because karma systems are generally BS. Far too binary a system for morally complex issues (like in F:NV) and I'm not a fan of the morals of the developer being defined in the game world as "wrong" or "right" (like in Fable 3). Give me a system of choices and consequences (like Witcher 3) any day.

"No intricate of well thought out reaction to player decisions"

I know what each of those words mean individually, but I have no idea what you were trying to say when you put them together in that particular order.

"You get power armor within the first 20 minutes"

That seemed weird to me, but since Power Armor is more like a vehicle that you need to fuel and maintain I think this is well balanced.

"It runs terrible on console"

I don't have it on console. Runs great on my main rig and my gaming laptop.

"It looks terrible"

I don't think so.

"It's a poor pc port (even though it's from a pc originated franchise and pc made Bethesda)"

So you're saying it runs terrible on everything?

"The AI is still broken"

It's not flawless (just like every other true open world game) but I wouldn't call it broken.

"The game balance is still broken"

How so? I love that they dropped the scaled enemy levels. If you meet something that's too strong, leave.

"Takes 10 mintues to walk across the map"

More like 40 according to 8-bit bastard's time lapse video.

"Insult to Fallout 1/2"

One could make that argument about all the Bethesda-made Fallout games. Personally I think both have merit. There's room for games like Fallout 4 and Wasteland 2 in the current generation.

-Byshop

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Wow, talk about a butthurt and out of touch hermit...

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Most wostest most aspect? Are you trolling? That makes no sense.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IgGy621985

@Bigboi500 said:

He isn't right regarding most of the points, but the PC port is actually terrible. Not in terms of performance (which is great), but in terms of the GUI.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

guys i think he's having a seizure...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I agree with the sentiments about the UI on PC. Thankfully, this is usually one of the first things modders fix and UI tweaks don't affect game balance so I have no qualms about running them on my first playthrough.

-Byshop

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

It's a very good game but it's feels as much like Borderlands as it does Fallout.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bigboi500

@IgGy621985 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

He isn't right regarding most of the points, but the PC port is actually terrible. Not in terms of performance (which is great), but in terms of the GUI.

Not really, his view of the game comes from a person who only sees things from a PC standpoint. The game is selling like gangbusters on consoles, and praised by console fans, including me. Now, from those in that club, it might seem legit, but from everyone else? Not so much.

He also proves that weak-assed trolling is all this board is good for anymore.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Can't really decide. For each change they did for the better there is another for the worse and still stuff yet to fix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I didn't really see the point in making the main character voiced.. The majority of the time he only ever really says 3-4 words per sentence and it usually amounts to, yes, no and maybe.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Even with a Titan X when you get near towns, just by looking in their general direction you will go from 60+ to like 30ish fps most of the time. Then there is the whole RAM speed affects performance thing.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

People that say that Fallout 4 is a bad game must be kicked in the balls. For me, the best Fallout 4 game to date after F1/2. Period. I didn't come up with this conclusion at first. But more I play more I like it. The combat is super fun. Headshots are no longer solution to everything. Shooting at extremities is much more tactical now. To disable protectron you only need to shoot his both hand weapons. After that he overheats and enters into nuclear fusion and dies with a funny huge explosion. If you shoot both his legs, it crawl on his hands like terminator lol. If you shot at super mutant hand, their accuracy will fall considerably. If you fight deathclaws always shoot legs first to slow down the bastard. The combat is much harder and unforgiving now on hard + difficulties. The secondary quest are awesome. Some of them rival Witcher 3's, but don't hand hold you like the latter so the game doesn't become gps simulator. Even leveling up, you still stay considerably vulnerable without power armor and will die easily if in face to face combat. And power armor consumes lots of precious fusion cores, so you always reserve it for special occasions. Stealth is much more harder and gratifying now. Stats matter. VATS became very useful. Melee combat has been nerfed down a bit, but ninja perk makes it awesome again. 10/10 Don't listen trolls. Get it. NOW.

PS. Main character voice is good too. Don listen his uninspired drivel.

PS. Install this mod now and thank me later

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/619/?

It replaces short dialog options with full text ones. EXCELLENT MOD.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

"Most worstest"

You don't even try anymore, do you?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p:

No he does not.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's just not a very good game in any capacity. The complete lack of roleplaying in an rpg is just lolwut, as you mentioned the watered down response system just kills any sense of good/ evil, you're whisked down a predetermined path no matter what, it's really the most linear Bethesda game yet.

Gordon said it best.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

No its not. If you play with SLI or Crossfire it doesn't work. The UI is bad I agree, I had to spend 20 minutes editing the 3 different ini files before I was somewhat happy with the configuration.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

item duplication glitch, wish I never heard of it, use it to duplicate YOU ARE SPECIAL books, crafting base items, or any item you can drops for the most part

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

What the **** are you on

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#21 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

My complaints definitely go with poor dialog choices and getting a power suit early within the game. The power suit system is quite annoying to be honest though and I wish it didn't exist.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

This bothers me, you feel more like you are a third party in the conversation instead of the one doing the actual talking. It is pretty unimmersive to me. But at the same time, dialogues dont happen often enough. Also being forced to go out of first person doesnt help matters.

This sucks, and I think everyone can attest to that. Arguably the most offensive thing about the dialogue wheel system.

This is a good thing. Binary Alignment systems were never good. Though, I do think they should have implemeneted the reputation system from New Vegas.

Cant expect that from a Bethesda game now, can we? The player MUST be able to complete absolutely every quest and play without any reprecussions or consequences.

Doesnt bother me as much as the bandits in power armor with a nuke launcher does. Bethesda should just remove the nuke launcher.

Not a console gamer.

"It looks terrible"

Just played through Alpha Centauri. Graphics dont bother me much.

"It's a poor pc port (even though it's from a pc originated franchise and pc made Bethesda)"

I think the game has memory leaks. That is already a very bad sign. The lousy PC UI doesnt help either.

"The AI is still broken"

Yeah, the AI is pretty bad.

My biggest concern. The perk system is an abomination. Due to how spread apart perk ranks are, specialization is nigh impossible. The perks are also terribly balanced in themselves, with Blitz its possible to teleport accross an entire room, killing everyone in a single blow. Thanks to Rooted taking every single shot will do next to no damage as well. Melee is hilariously overpowered, and Intelligence is a dump stat, as is Charisma. Seriously, players level up faster as a dumb character with idiot savant than they do as a smart character with idiot savant.

A small world size isnt too bad. But I would honestly prefer it if Bethesda just gave us a World Map. And then points of interest.

"Insult to Fallout 1/2"

It might be best if Bethesda stopped pretending to make fallout games.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@clone01 said:

@speedfreak48t5p:

No he does not.

Didn't think so.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I'm fine with most things in the game.

The thing that bothers me most is how you loot bodies! Why did they change it? I keep trying to back out and end up opening the pip boy. It's annoying!

Not to mention there's no world changing choices like in The Witcher.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

I like the game, but the GUI is simply terrible on PC. After 20 hours in the game, I still can't get used to it. Here's hoping some modders will fix that crap.

Oh, they will. It's my only major complaint at the moment.

So far there are mods that turn the dialogue wheel into a list with full lines, and another mod that increases the size of inventory windows (when trading & looting), so that more items are listed. They've been pretty good.

I had thought that a fix wouldn't be possible until official mod tools, but now I'm not so sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I was loving the game until this very moment... lvl 42, 50 hours in .. most of the map unlocked... but ain't even done early story missions.

But anyway trying to do a certain faction mission "Butcher's Bill" ... crashes whenever I go near the place. thanks bethesda -_- seems to be quite afew bugs like this to do with colliding quest locations.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

"Most worstest"

I actually thought that was kind of cute.

Anyway I'd look forward to this thread more if we were guaranteed a higher supply of Bethesda apologizing from people who can't accept the reality that Bethesda makes shallow video games, but the last 2 weeks? feels like it's been solid bash Bethesda hour, takes some of the fun out of the thread. Forum needs new blood.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I feel like you could fill a list of 100 worst aspects of Fallout 4 without much hassle.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IgGy621985

@clyde46 said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

No its not. If you play with SLI or Crossfire it doesn't work. The UI is bad I agree, I had to spend 20 minutes editing the 3 different ini files before I was somewhat happy with the configuration.

Had no idea regarding SLI. From what I have read so far, SLI is more a hassle, than a real benefit in games. What is your experience with it?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:
@clyde46 said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Had no idea regarding SLI. From what I have read so far, SLI is more a hassle, than a real benefit in games. What is your experience with it?

So far, only play Eurotruck and GTA5 which both worked well. Fallout flat out does not work with SLI. My second 980Ti idles even when in game.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It's not the ugliest game, but it's pretty ugly. Like New Vegas, it looks like a last-generation game.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Bugs are the only thing annoying me. Otherwise I love it and have none of the complaints you listed. People seem to hate each and every game that comes out these days. Why torture yourself?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Shit graphics (runs poorly for how it looks as well), dumb down rpg elements and atrocious UI are my three primary complaints. Still a 9/10 worthy but not my GOTY as i've originally thought its gonna be.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Where's the "All of the above option"?

Bethesda owning the Fallout IP is horrible. I haven't played FO4 in 2 days now. It's the same old shit as FO3 except even more shallow and the weapon variety is abysmal. It only takes 15ish minutes to go from east to west boundaries without sprinting. If I wanted to build my own base I'd buy Minecraft.

I know franchises come and go, but this just plain hurts.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Go play Fallout 2 for the 800th time then. Spare me the I know true, proper RPGs; the reviewers opinion is wrong, mine is correct bullshit. Those old RPGs are tired, like your argument. Not many want to keep playing that old shit anymore. I love going back to games but hating on new releases because of old games? That's bitch-shit. I have fun with what is out now. I don't care what you think is proper RPG or not. I cant have fun in FO2 anymore, but I can in FO4. If you cant your problem is YOU not GS or the game.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

Only the bugs, bugs and more bugs. Game is still good though.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mark1974

@cainetao11 said:

Go play Fallout 2 for the 800th time then. Spare me the I know true, proper RPGs; the reviewers opinion is wrong, mine is correct bullshit. Those old RPGs are tired, like your argument. Not many want to keep playing that old shit anymore. I love going back to games but hating on new releases because of old games? That's bitch-shit. I have fun with what is out now. I don't care what you think is proper RPG or not. I cant have fun in FO2 anymore, but I can in FO4. If you cant your problem is YOU not GS or the game.

Damn!! While that may seem a bit harsh, it sounds to me like the absolute truth right there! cainetao11 is absolutely right on this one. Bravo! Get over yourselves people! Can we all just chill with this hating on everything nonsense for a damn second! Make something better and then you can feel free to talk this self righteous tripe. I hate when people use the word "entitled" but for many of you it seems to fit. How about supporting the video game art form you love and advocating for it? You are your own worst enemy. Ok dramatic rant over... Carry on.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts
@khoofia_pika said:

What the **** are you on

we definitely know he's not hooked on phonics..... THAT'S for sure

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I am so thankful I am generally an easy to please gamer. Reading the complaints are hilarious. We are playing fucking video games. There are people trying to get away from murderers and find refuge in any country that will let them and we are complaining about UI in a game. Bottom Line? As a whole, is the experience of playing Fallout 4 fun to you personally? If not, don't play it. If so, be thankful. LOL

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bigboi500

@mark1974 said:
@cainetao11 said:

Damn!! While that may seem a bit harsh, it sounds to me like the absolute truth right there! cainetao11 is absolutely right on this one. Bravo! Get over yourselves people! I mean a previous poster talked about how shit, dumbed down and atrocious it all is and still gave it a nine out of ten. Can we all just chill with this hating on everything nonsense for a damn second! Make something better and then you can feel free to talk this self righteous tripe. I hate when people use the word "entitled" but for many of you it seems to fit. How about supporting the video game art form you love and advocating for it? You are your own worst enemy. Ok dramatic rant over... Carry on.

Strongly agree with both you guys. Nobody on this forum or out in the real world care what a few jaded snobs think when it comes to a hobby about enjoyment. Thinking their so-called "higher standards" makes them better than anyone else seems like over-compensation for insecurities in their own personal lives more than critical objectivity.

What a bunch of jokers. :)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

Fallout 4 is incredibly fun to play. I can't get enough... I have zero issue with this game at all, despite its ocassional bugs.

That said... I voted - dumbing down the conversation... I do miss the many choices in fallout 3/nv

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

It appears the simplified conversation system, followed closely by proper gamers displeasure at the soiling of the series are the main complaints.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mark1974

@uninspiredcup said:

It appears the simplified conversation system, followed closely by proper gamers displeasure at the soiling of the series are the main complaints.

"over-compensation for insecurities in their own personal lives" sounds like the real story here to me Uninspiredcup, you need to read between the lines.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

It's decent,hasnt really hooked me though

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Pretty much this. Most of what he said is false anyway.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Fallout 3 and 4 aren't really Fallout games. Anyone who's played the classic Fallout games know this. What Bethesda did instead was create a Fallout/post-apocalyptic themed Elder Scrolls game.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Hmm I have quite a few hours on the ps4 version and have yet to have performance issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Worst thing is still the story and dialogues. It feels so... soulless. That said, i think it was another very enjoyable Bethesda game. I enjoyed the gameplay. After about 50 hours i got bored to the repetitive sidequests, and rushed through the main story on Minutemen path. I saved the game on the story-junktion, so i might still try other paths too.

@PernicioEnigma said:

Fallout 3 and 4 aren't really Fallout games. Anyone who's played the classic Fallout games know this. What Bethesda did instead was create a Fallout/post-apocalyptic themed Elder Scrolls game.

yes they are. i've spent countless hours on Fallout 1&2 back in the days, and these new titles do justice to the old ones. i'm really happy that it's gone first person, instead of being regressive isometric. Isometric style also greatly limits freedom, since you have to make the gameworld out of "blocks"; pre-defined areas you can visit, and then render random small "blocks" for random encounters in the gameworld. You can make a lot more impressive impact with third-person exploration.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

"Most worstest"

I actually thought that was kind of cute.

Anyway I'd look forward to this thread more if we were guaranteed a higher supply of Bethesda apologizing from people who can't accept the reality that Bethesda makes shallow video games, but the last 2 weeks? feels like it's been solid bash Bethesda hour, takes some of the fun out of the thread. Forum needs new blood.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something when you call a foreign dude's thread title 'kind of cute'...

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@Maroxad said:

This bothers me, you feel more like you are a third party in the conversation instead of the one doing the actual talking. It is pretty unimmersive to me. But at the same time, dialogues dont happen often enough. Also being forced to go out of first person doesnt help matters.

This sucks, and I think everyone can attest to that. Arguably the most offensive thing about the dialogue wheel system.

This is a good thing. Binary Alignment systems were never good. Though, I do think they should have implemeneted the reputation system from New Vegas.

Cant expect that from a Bethesda game now, can we? The player MUST be able to complete absolutely every quest and play without any reprecussions or consequences.

Doesnt bother me as much as the bandits in power armor with a nuke launcher does. Bethesda should just remove the nuke launcher.

Not a console gamer.

"It looks terrible"

Just played through Alpha Centauri. Graphics dont bother me much.

I think the game has memory leaks. That is already a very bad sign. The lousy PC UI doesnt help either.

"The AI is still broken"

Yeah, the AI is pretty bad.

My biggest concern. The perk system is an abomination. Due to how spread apart perk ranks are, specialization is nigh impossible. The perks are also terribly balanced in themselves, with Blitz its possible to teleport accross an entire room, killing everyone in a single blow. Thanks to Rooted taking every single shot will do next to no damage as well. Melee is hilariously overpowered, and Intelligence is a dump stat, as is Charisma. Seriously, players level up faster as a dumb character with idiot savant than they do as a smart character with idiot savant.

A small world size isnt too bad. But I would honestly prefer it if Bethesda just gave us a World Map. And then points of interest.

"Insult to Fallout 1/2"

It might be best if Bethesda stopped pretending to make fallout games.

You can't do every quest....it becomes more like New Vegas in the last third of the game where doing quests for one can turn other factions hostile. However, the faction systems are no where near New Vegas quality.

The Minutemen are stupid, they never turn against you no matter how many of them you kill. Its the games fallback faction when you get kicked out of the three others.