Most money you are willing to pay for the next gen consoles?

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -
$899
#52 Posted by AM-Gamer (3583 posts) -

If its powerful and backwards compatable id go up to about $800.00 . It really concerns me when people will say they will only pay $400.00 for a console thats probalby going to last them at least 5 or more years yet will go buy a I pad for $630 dollars that will obsolete within 1 year. Thats the problem with the console industry people want Avatar graphics for a bargain price.

#53 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I probably gonna go PC gaming for next-gen first. In terms of release entry prices however anything above $299.99 is a no go for me so Sony better go cheap this coming gen if they hope to survive. Make the machine powerful, but not FIVE HUNDRED AND NINTY NINE US DOLLARS powerful.game_masta14

I don't want you as a Sony gamer if you want a budget console at launch. Stick with your PC...

#54 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I've already got one...clyde46

PC is not a console. It lacks the quality games.

#55 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

$500 at launch would be OK for Sony if they have a killer a launch game lineup. Not really planning on get the NextBox right now so I don't know.

My only issue is that will probably be redesigned slim model a couple of years down the line and I would want to trade for it.

#56 Posted by Evo_nine (1648 posts) -

considering you will need a $1000 graphics card to get close to the next gen consoles, ill be happy to pay up to $1000.

Anything less is a bonus.

#57 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7674 posts) -
Depends, but likely $450 is my limit. I'll just wait for a year too and possibly buy the console used.
#58 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7674 posts) -

If its powerful and backwards compatable id go up to about $800.00 . It really concerns me when people will say they will only pay $400.00 for a console thats probalby going to last them at least 5 or more years yet will go buy a I pad for $630 dollars that will obsolete within 1 year. Thats the problem with the console industry people want Avatar graphics for a bargain price.

AM-Gamer
alot of ipad consumers are in that middle age range who wouldn't even game to begin with.
#59 Posted by N1K0LA191 (66 posts) -

Same, 399.99 with a 449.99 max for a bundle with a game or two and a headset or something. But anything more than that would be absolutely insane.

#60 Posted by El_Garbanzo (276 posts) -

Up to 600-700 if it's a truly next gen. Current gen garbage (wii u) would not get a dime from me

#61 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
I'll probably wait 3 years like I did with the last gen consoles. Only reason I got the Wii U is because i never had a Wii.
#62 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -
$599 US Dollars
#63 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -
$599 US DollarsBPoole96
*Shivers*
#64 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3697 posts) -
£400... Seeing as I just bought a GPU worth £350 that ill upgrade in 2 years, £400 for a console that will be around for 5-6 years is more than justifiable.
#65 Posted by Sushiglutton (5226 posts) -
Ps3 was like $900. Around $1k for ps4 is max I guess. But I likely wait a year or two.
#66 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
I don't think I will be buying any more consoles, sticking with PC now.
#67 Posted by Addict187 (621 posts) -
$599 US DollarsBPoole96
This, but I will bet my right nut they will be $499. Plus there still selling 360 and ps3 for $299 so in what fantasy world would lead anyone to think the PS4-720 could lunch at $299 And for everone that says they wont pay more then $300 grow up be a man and get that credit card out. quit being ****
#68 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

£300. And that goes for all the systems, including the Steam Box. Except the Wii U. Nintendo will never get my money for that piece of garbage.

#69 Posted by Selkc (203 posts) -

meh 600 to 650

#70 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

$0.00

#71 Posted by PAL360 (26723 posts) -

450 euros.

#72 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

$400 for the new Playstation

$500 for the new Steam Box

#73 Posted by IFBB-PRO (211 posts) -
Lol at people who are only willing to spend 300 dollars on a console and at the same time expecting it to be powerful! I don't mind spending even 600 dollars on it specially if the ps5 or Xbox 4 won't come for 8 years or so. 600 is extremely reasonable for console thats supposed to last for 7to 8 years. The Only people who will complain about it are teenagers with limited budget. Don't expect to pay for civic and get Ferrari quality! If 600 is too much in the beginning all you have to do is wait for price drop. That's how it is with all the other high end electronics .
#74 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]For PS4, i can do $399.99 for a basic bundle (I'd pay more for a BC unit, if given the option). Can't do anymore than that because i want a few games too, not to mention other possible accessories. You?

Yeah.. $400 would be my limit and it would have to come with a bundled game. I have no plans of buying any of these consoles on days one, but I might pre-order just to see if I could sell one for a profit on EBay. There were people paying $600+ for the Wii U on Ebay before it even got released. I'm sure they feel like suckers right about now since you can find them everywhere at retailers.
#75 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

The title hurt my brain:?

#76 Posted by Wasdie (49628 posts) -

$400 for me. Unless there is an absolutly sweet deal at $500, $400 is my upper limit.

I don't spend time on my consoles like I used to so I can't really justify anything higher than $400. From the rumors it sounds like they should be launching with a base SKU at $400. I don't think Sony or Microsoft will go higher price with their console.

Now-a-days when regular people buy electronics they can get quite a bit of bang for their buck. Tablets are really cutting into a lot of markets. Why get your 2 kids 1 $400 console when you can get them 2x $200 tablets with $5 games? You really have to think thing through today. Consoles have their place, but if they aren't priced appropriately, they don't fit in very well and are easily replaced.

I'll tell you right now, if I didn't enjoy games as much as I did, I would just get a tablet for my kids instead of a new game console (let's be honest, that's where the majority of console sales come from).

I won't be getting a console until probably late 2014. Got to let the bugs be sorted out and some games actually be published for the system that I can't get on my PC.

#77 Posted by ForsakenWicked (3730 posts) -

[QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]'Bout tree fiddy. PhazonBlazer

About that time I noticed that the Asian man trying to sell me a video game console was actually a eight story tall crustacean!

Lol, I love that South Park episode. Back to topic, I doubt I'll be getting any consoles in the future, but if I do, I won't be paying more than $400.
#78 Posted by slipknot0129 (5488 posts) -

About fur fiddy.

#79 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -
i wont be willing to pay a dime until a price cut and some decent games start to roll in i haven't purchased a wii u yet for that very reason
#80 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
$500 for a console that looks to cost $600.
#81 Posted by genfactor (1462 posts) -
Unless it's a Nintendo system, I use a formula to determine whether or not a console is worth the price. If the retail value of all of the available AAAE titles is equal to 10 times the cost of the console, then the console is worthy of purchase no matter what the price.
#82 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -

$400 for me. Unless there is an absolutly sweet deal at $500, $400 is my upper limit.

I don't spend time on my consoles like I used to so I can't really justify anything higher than $400. From the rumors it sounds like they should be launching with a base SKU at $400. I don't think Sony or Microsoft will go higher price with their console.

Now-a-days when regular people buy electronics they can get quite a bit of bang for their buck. Tablets are really cutting into a lot of markets. Why get your 2 kids 1 $400 console when you can get them 2x $200 tablets with $5 games? You really have to think thing through today. Consoles have their place, but if they aren't priced appropriately, they don't fit in very well and are easily replaced.

I'll tell you right now, if I didn't enjoy games as much as I did, I would just get a tablet for my kids instead of a new game console (let's be honest, that's where the majority of console sales come from).

I won't be getting a console until probably late 2014. Got to let the bugs be sorted out and some games actually be published for the system that I can't get on my PC.

Wasdie
I agree, I can see my wife getting me one this Christmas or next year with better Black Friday deals.
#83 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18363 posts) -
$300
#84 Posted by GamespotSux_IKR (67 posts) -

$800 uh :cool:

#85 Posted by Supabul (3855 posts) -

I want powerful systems so make them expensive

#86 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

400 Bottle caps

#87 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

400 Bottle caps

True_Chaos_UK

What's the exchange rate there?

#88 Posted by freedomfreak (39206 posts) -
I don't know. 500euros? Maybe 450.
#89 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

$400

#90 Posted by new_gamer244 (268 posts) -

Like usual...in israel it will cost like 1000$ with taxes:/

only now the ps3 cost 450$ here which is still way high than it cost in usa.

i will pay about 450$ if they put in 8gb ram.

#91 Posted by M8ingSeezun (1979 posts) -

$400 and nothing over.

That's the price my PS3 80gb fat was when I bought it.

#92 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

Depends how good the products are, 360/PS3 was my first experience with "consoles" and I enjoyed them enough to throw alot of money into them.

Generally speaking, consoles will always play second fiddle to my computer.

I'm researching a PC upgrade as we speak.

If 720 focuses on "Kinect 2.0" and PS4 focuses on "tablet controller" I might just walk past both of them and not get anything.

I want what I want.

Which is an old-school, hardcore, gaming experience.

Not games with 14 hours of cutscene.

Not tablet controller.

Not jumping around in my livingroom.

Not b*tch ass Mario and b*tch ass Master Chief.

But real, meaty games that don't play themselves and don't compromise with the Mickey Mouse demographic.

If the 720 or PS4 can provide that, then I'll be there.

If they can't, then they'll get the middle finger and I'll move on.

#93 Posted by JMR09 (504 posts) -
About $400 sounds reasonable to me, assuming they will be a significant upgrade. Maybe even $500, but that's pushing it.
#94 Posted by Boddicker (2522 posts) -

$400 for a baseline model and $450 for the "elite" model.

#95 Posted by Boddicker (2522 posts) -

Depends how good the products are, 360/PS3 was my first experience with "consoles" and I enjoyed them enough to throw alot of money into them.

Generally speaking, consoles will always play second fiddle to my computer.

I'm researching a PC upgrade as we speak.

If 720 focuses on "Kinect 2.0" and PS4 focuses on "tablet controller" I might just walk past both of them and not get anything.

I want what I want.

Which is an old-school, hardcore, gaming experience.

Not games with 14 hours of cutscene.

Not tablet controller.

Not jumping around in my livingroom.

Not b*tch ass Mario and b*tch ass Master Chief.

But real, meaty games that don't play themselves and don't compromise with the Mickey Mouse demographic.

If the 720 or PS4 can provide that, then I'll be there.

If they can't, then they'll get the middle finger and I'll move on.

ZombieKiller7

Pretty much where I stand on next gen consoles.

#96 Posted by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

EU700 for a PS4

EU600 for the nextbox

So that's already like 1.3k plus I also want to get a Wii U at some point and might upgrade my TV so in overall next gen hardware only would cost me 2300 - 2500 euros. Damn I know that a lot... gotta start saving some money already!

#97 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -
The highest I'm willing to go is $400.
#98 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24919 posts) -

$350

$400 is pushing to the stay away from zone.

#99 Posted by AM-Gamer (3583 posts) -

Wasdie

You would rather get 2x tablets for $200 that will be obsolete in 6 months over a console that will be both MS and Sony's top priority for the next 5 years? And who cares if you get 5 free games on a tablet when there all mindless time fllers. This is the kinds of things that concern me and could eventually lead to the downfall of quality gaming. Its amazing that people would even put tablets and consoles in the same league. A product that has a 5 to 10 year life cycle that is sold at a loss vs a product that is sold for 2 to 3 times what it cost to make and is virtually worthless in 1 to 3 years.

#100 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25597 posts) -
£400 ($630+) or more if I want it enough. Everything we need should be included in that this time around, no wifi, headsets, HD cables, etc sold seperately. Same goes for online gameplay because XBL Gold is getting less appealing each year but that's for another thread.