Most cowardly characters in gaming

• 52 results
#1 Posted by MrYaotubo (2635 posts) -

Not something we usually discuss perhaps because there aren´t all that many(at least really obvious ones)but I´m curious. Main characters or otherwise.

I´d say that Guybrush Threepwood was a huge coward and the only one I can think of,any others?

#2 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I don't know if I'd label Guybrush Threepwood as a coward.

He was scrawny, weak, and pathetic, but he could introduce himself to any pirate, and always come up with something witty to say.

He's a hero to socially-inept, basement-dwelling hermzits everywhere.

#3 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

the guy in mgs who was a really scared.

#4 Edited by Chutebox (36598 posts) -

The one who peed himself?

#5 Edited by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

the terrible character in mgs who always shits his pants

#6 Posted by Roler42 (591 posts) -

Sundowner

#7 Posted by cainetao11 (16867 posts) -
#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

@Chutebox: yeah. i get the feeling his character was in mgs1, and a similar character in mgs4.

he was pretty scared of a few things, iirc.

#9 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Hard to think of anyone else after remembering the MGS pisser but I know who the bravest is...

#10 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13420 posts) -

Johnny Sasaki from MGS. Why the hell Meryl married him I'll never know. I know snakes old but they went through a lot more together and it was painfully obvious they still had feelings for each other, yet another example of mgs4's shit writing.

One of the strongest female leads in a video game get's to get married to a dude that's known for his irritable bowels, wtf Kojima.

#11 Posted by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

@Chutebox: yeah. i get the feeling his character was in mgs1, and a similar character in mgs4.

I think he's in 1, 2 and 4 and he shits himself in every game

#12 Posted by Chutebox (36598 posts) -

And he of all people eventually marries meryl.

#13 Posted by jg4xchamp (47313 posts) -

The enemies in Arkham Asylum and City? Like yeah whatever plot wise blah blah blah, but the fact that they made them terrified in game is kind of dope. I like watching them get super jumpy and nervous after you start picking people apart.

Shitty way of doing this: Ninja Gaiden 3....fucking begging for mercy...the enemies...begging for mercy? such horseshit.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

He doesn't exactly look heroic, but man, what a dick.

#15 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Most recently the 3rd conduit turd in inFamous.

#16 Edited by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

Master Chief is a Master Coward. Since 2001 he hasn't removed his armor scared of being shot in his own base 100% controller by troops.

#17 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Luigi is also quite cowardly.

With that said though, he is my gaming husbando.

#18 Edited by Arach666 (23018 posts) -

There´s no character in gaming anywhere near as cowardly as Fwiffo. Just read about his species and Fwiffo himself and tell me there´s another videogame character on that level.

#19 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8107 posts) -

How has nobody mentioned Captain Qwark?

#20 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Master Chief is a Master Coward. Since 2001 he hasn't removed his armor scared of being shot in his own base 100% controller by troops.

I'll dispense with the hour long lecture series and just say that the answers to that are found here:

#21 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -
#22 Edited by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

I'll dispense with the hour long lecture series and just say that the answers to that are found here:

Funny cuz i bought this book loooooong ago and never read it

#23 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -

THere is no other prime example fitting the context of this thread...

#24 Posted by jg4xchamp (47313 posts) -

He's just such a bad character. His purpose in that plot line was literally to just be shit with very little redeeming him.

Still never understood what Telltale thought they were doing with him if the plan wasn't just "we need someone to be responsible for all the road blocks these people deal with, so lets make a patsy'

#25 Posted by Shift05 (599 posts) -

#26 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

He's just such a bad character. His purpose in that plot line was literally to just be shit with very little redeeming him.

Still never understood what Telltale thought they were doing with him if the plan wasn't just "we need someone to be responsible for all the road blocks these people deal with, so lets make a patsy'

Literally said that line almost verbatim in the "worst characters of gen 7 cast" ... His sole purpose for 1's and 0's was to be a walking talking disaster for some cheap scenarios... pretty much nailed it champ.

I do like that Telltale thought so little of him that they actually made him even more a vag in tough situations than Clementine...

#27 Posted by hehe101 (602 posts) -

Louis from L4d1 all he cared about was his pills

#28 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -
#29 Edited by nicecall (428 posts) -

Dr. Whitman from Tombraider 2013. Huge coward. Also i think Elliot from Jagged Alliance 2, the guy the queen beat up all the time when you kept taking land from her.

#30 Posted by foxhound_fox (87658 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

My favourite part of that novel is when they first finish the augmentations and John is just discovering his new power in the gym. The way it is written is just amazing. Should be a movie.

#31 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@silversix_ said:

My favourite part of that novel is when they first finish the augmentations and John is just discovering his new power in the gym. The way it is written is just amazing. Should be a movie.

He destroyed those ODSTs, winced reading it.

#33 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5309 posts) -

It's hard not to be one after everything he's been through.

#34 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Otacon no doubt.

#35 Posted by GreySeal9 (24055 posts) -

Johnny Sasaki from MGS. Why the hell Meryl married him I'll never know. I know snakes old but they went through a lot more together and it was painfully obvious they still had feelings for each other, yet another example of mgs4's shit writing.

One of the strongest female leads in a video game get's to get married to a dude that's known for his irritable bowels, wtf Kojima.

lol. Truth.

#36 Posted by flashn00b (2905 posts) -

NPC rangers (Earth Defense Force series)

I'd like to think that the EDF needs to employ a commissariat because of the in-game cowardly banter.

#37 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6985 posts) -

I don't know if he was a coward, but Slippy from Star Fox 64 really was an awful pilot and was constantly on the run. "Fox, get this guy off me." GMAFB.

#38 Posted by MrYaotubo (2635 posts) -

@treedoor said:

I don't know if I'd label Guybrush Threepwood as a coward.

He was scrawny, weak, and pathetic, but he could introduce himself to any pirate, and always come up with something witty to say.

He's a hero to socially-inept, basement-dwelling hermzits everywhere.

Yeah,you´re probably right,I just couldn´t think of anyone but him,some good ones in this thread though,mainly the MGS guy and especialy that captain Fwiffo alien thing.

#39 Edited by bobbetybob (19174 posts) -

Let's see:

Begs you to rescue him

Let's you summon him twice and is useless in one of the fights

Kills the firekeeper, who is a mute women trapped behind bars

Buggers off to another realm

When you do fight him he triple teams you with his two loser friends

Verdict: Douchey the Cowardly Knight.

#41 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11114 posts) -

Captain Hook on KH1. I know he's an animated character first and foremost but I just finished Neverland and I remember thinking "what a little ****" when he sees the crocodile and runs to his quarters.

#42 Posted by gamecubepad (6096 posts) -

Solid Snake is always hiding and sneaking around like a kitty. Toad is afraid. See Spot. See Spot run fast. He's afraid.

#43 Edited by lamprey263 (23140 posts) -

Wheatley

#44 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3849 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

The one who peed himself?

it takes a lot of balls to create Metal Gear REX.

#45 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (527 posts) -

/ thread

#46 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

#47 Posted by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

Ashley from RE4

#48 Posted by finalstar2007 (24947 posts) -

100% to Captain Qwark!

whats worse is that he always drops on the moments when the bosses have been defeated by Ratchet and Clank and ends up claiming victory as if he actually beat them.

#49 Edited by hippiesanta (9805 posts) -

the Fabulous, fantabulous Nigel West Chicken

#50 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3369 posts) -

I nominate good old Rincewind and his glorious incompetence.