FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

What is most alive and realistic open-world game?

Realistic means even in fantasy world it makes sense why they do so or act like that. Watch Dog is good exaple that you can have good graphics and open-world with people but it feels so fake because you can´t jump, AI is too stupid and stuff like that. InFamous Second Son has good graphics and lighting but world also feels so fake and dead. People just stand and wait till you come so then enemy AI can shoot you. TOO FAKE.

I say STALKER is most alive and real open world game of all time. Second is mostly Red Dead Redamption. No, Far Cry 4 looks great but fake. You cannot ride, shoot and fly like that.

I say STALKER is most alive and realistic open world game of all time.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Destiny has the most lively open world ever seen in a video game. Its so alive that leafs and grass move with the direction of the wind, that is unseen in a game nowdays.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

GTA5, Red Dead Redemption and The Elder Scrolls games.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@silversix_ said:

Destiny has the most lively open world ever seen in a video game. Its so alive that leafs and grass move with the direction of the wind, that is unseen in a game nowdays.

But animals and AI? Do they sleep, do they eat, do they do their own missions, do they search, do they kill, do they hunt, do they trade sell or buy? Do they give you missions? Its all in stalker, you living like real life. I feel its so fake when you just have fake enemy AI running around and shooting you, its like Corridor shooter game. And what about day and night? In night everyone tries to stay in base because in night bloodsuckers comes out meanwhile in day everyone goes hunting and stuff like that.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

stalker looks like a wasteland and if they ever fix all the glitches i might get around to playing it

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreedomFreeLife

@ghostwarrior786 said:

stalker looks like a wasteland and if they ever fix all the glitches i might get around to playing it

glitches??? what the hell are you talking about? glitches were fixed after they released game. They updated game long time ago. I played a lot and never had any problem. I dont see any glitches.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Sunset

@silversix_ said:

that game sucks I regret ever buying destiny.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Dead Rising.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Unity

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

What you're looking for is a sim....

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd say Termina from Majora's Mask. Every single character has a set schedule they live out through the last three days and you can effect and manipulate the events of their lives.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Ok Sniper

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@freedomfreak - I see what you did there

Anyhow, I'm going to say Boiling Point Road to Hell

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#14  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Shenmue. It might be 15 years old this month, but its open world still feels more alive than most of the open-world games since then.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Morrowind: Elder Scrolls 3, I talk shit about current elder scrolls games being shit and broken buggy messes but ES3 was the most "alive" game I have played to date, even more so than current gen games.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#16 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

I don't wanna humor you. But I love STLAKER's open world as well.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Are you serious, man? Destiny has one of the most static worlds i have ever seen in a video game. It's not even open world! Every time you try to explore a bit of what you see in the horizon, you either die or get stopped by an invisible wall :?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Looks like most people dont understand what is alive open world game. Just because you have open world game but AI who just shoot you and do nothing else does not feel alive and real. Alive world means that AI is doing something, not just standing and do nothing. World with just enemy AI running around and trying to kill you is not alive.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

RDR is first to come to mind, need a sequel announced soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Stalker looks too much like Metro and boy oh boy does Metro suck so definitely not Stalker.

Gotta go with Shenmue. Older game but a lot of character was put into the areas of the game. It feels very lived in.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Fallout 3.

A fairly realistic setting and AI that interacts with you. Glitches and whatnot, but to me it's been the most realistic game I've played. New Vegas as well.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

FC4 seems very alive to me. Just tracking the honey badger is a hoot. I really can't get myself to shoot the critters. Saved my butt a few times. ;)

Also.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbaoepzNyIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbaoepzNyI

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

GTA V

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Heirren said:

Stalker looks too much like Metro and boy oh boy does Metro suck so definitely not Stalker.

Gotta go with Shenmue. Older game but a lot of character was put into the areas of the game. It feels very lived in.

Well it's more like Metro looks like STALKER as STALKER came out in 2007, although I'm pretty sure TC is posting modded screenshots

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Not STALKER

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I think Unity gets it with the most dense population I've ever seen in a video game.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Captain Toad. Each level is its own world. And the main character has all the expressions you'd expect from a hero. It is very much alive.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

GTA V

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@Heirren said:

Metro is corridor shooter but STALKER is open world game. Its like Fallout 3 but 1000 time better.

@jun_aka_pekto said:

FC4 seems very alive to me. Just tracking the honey badger is a hoot. I really can't get myself to shoot the critters. Saved my butt a few times. ;)

Also.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbaoepzNyIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggbaoepzNyI

Sorry but i dont agree. First Animals are like random and AI is bad. Those people who just sitting are doing nothing else. In Stalker AI is natural. You can be allie, nature or allie, there are also factions where you can join. ONCE YOU KILLED STALKER, HE WILL BE DEAD A WHOLE GAME. DOES NOT RE-SPAWN!!!! Also all animals are different. They dont just attack you for no reason. Also you can attack your own allie and become a enemy.

Lets compare:

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

The gunplay in unmodded guns still suck. How come a seasoned pro (the main character) can't shoot worth dick when in the real world, even kids can?

Just google "kids with AK-47."

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

STALKER is indeed impressive. NPCs sit , talk , hunt , eat , interact and so on. They feel like other players in the same game but they aren't .

@jun_aka_pekto said:

The gunplay in unmodded guns still suck. How come a seasoned pro (the main character) can't shoot worth dick when in the real world, even kids can?

I finished STALKER games without mods. I really liked the gunplay in the game. The only thing that sucks is your starting pistol .

@ghostwarrior786 said:

There are no glitches in STALKER. At least not for the last 5+ years.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I haven't played GTAV yet, but it looks like a more alive world than any game I've played (including RDR and Skyrim). What makes me feel like I'm in a world which is living is being surrounded by NPCs that seem to have a purpose themselves. The amount of people walking aimlessly around in many games, or the massive stretches of lifeless plains in some games almost make me feel isolated.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@silversix_ said:

Are you serious, man? Destiny has one of the most static worlds i have ever seen in a video game. It's not even open world! Every time you try to explore a bit of what you see in the horizon, you either die or get stopped by an invisible wall :?

of course i wasn't serious-.- destiny is as dead as it gets. if there was a 'the most static world of the year award', Destiny would've won it hands down.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

STALKER is NO WHERES near that "category".

STALKER is a fucking dead open world game. I don't mean that in a bad way. That's just how it is. There are stalkers running around doing stuff, but they have very basic AI and they aren't even very common in the world anyways.

I have to say Assasin's Creed Unity. There really is no contest.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 parkurtommo

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I don't think I want to. :P

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FreedomFreeLife

@parkurtommo said:

STALKER is a fucking dead open world game. I don't mean that in a bad way. That's just how it is. There are stalkers running around doing stuff, but they have very basic AI and they aren't even very common in the world anyways.

Then you really havent played STALKER GAME ever. Unity AI just walks and do nothing else

NPCs sit , talk , hunt , eat , interact and so on. They feel like other players in the same game but they aren't .

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Sky

Rim

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Also.....

Sorry but i dont agree. First Animals are like random and AI is bad. Those people who just sitting are doing nothing else. In Stalker AI is natural. You can be allie, nature or allie, there are also factions where you can join. ONCE YOU KILLED STALKER, HE WILL BE DEAD A WHOLE GAME. DOES NOT RE-SPAWN!!!! Also all animals are different. They dont just attack you for no reason. Also you can attack your own allie and become a enemy.

You take a couple shots at allies in Far Cry 3 and they'll turn on you. It takes a little more time to make allies in far Cry 4 shoot you. But, they will....eventually.

While you're stuck with being a Golden Path member in Far Cry 4 versus being able to pick factions to join (in STALKER), that's not necessarily a bad thing. It doesn't matter what faction I'm in because enemies are made to be shot and allies are merely cannon fodder. They're there to take a bullet for me. No more, no less. The hell would I care what faction I'm in.

In the real world, I see some deer at one moment. The next moment, they're gone. So, animals being random doesn't bother me. In Far Cry 4, Animals don't always attack especially if you keep some distance.

I find it strange that the STALKER games have very few vehicles considering an APC would provide the best way to counter mutants outside. I mean common sense says I should have armored vehicles. Not having them seems absurd especially with a history of being part of the Cold War Soviet Union. We all know one thing they had in abundance were armored vehicles.

Far Cry 4 may have an excess of just about everything. But, I find it more fun that way. The gyrocopter may seem overkill in the game. But, I'm having much more fun with it than anything in STALKER. I have CoP on my laptop. But, other games are keeping me from playing it. I may resume eventually.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Stalker 3 pack is on sale on GOG.com today... winter sale

I own Stalker Shadow of Chernobly

Which 1 should I be playing? SHould I buy the other 2 off the 3pack, or is Shadow the game TC is referring to?

I always hear people say this is a better version of Fallout 3... well that is something I am interested in!

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

What the hell is with you and STALKER?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 parkurtommo

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@parkurtommo said:

Then you really havent played STALKER GAME ever. Unity AI just walks and do nothing else

NPCs sit , talk , hunt , eat , interact and so on. They feel like other players in the same game but they aren't .

STALKER CoP is like one of my favorite games on PC. You're asking what game feels most alive. That is basically asking what game gives off the best illusion. And that would be Assassin's Creed Unity. The crowds are visually present and sound real, they react to what you do and what guards do, etc. It feels like a city.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 parkurtommo

@enzyme36 said:

Which 1 should I be playing? SHould I buy the other 2 off the 3pack, or is Shadow the game TC is referring to?

I always hear people say this is a better version of Fallout 3... well that is something I am interested in!

CoP is good too. Stay away from Clear Sky.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@enzyme36 said:

BUY BOTH. CLEAR SKY IS ALSO VERY GOOD

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

GTA V. Absolutly no contest.

Loading Video...

STALKER's open world is riddled with bugs, inconsistencies, and weird shit. It's also pretty empty and generally is pretty boring.

With the exception of games made with Bethesda's engine, most NPCs in open world games are there for show and STALKER is no different. Bethesda's actually has AI routines that try to mimic needs/wants and some sort of a life cycle, but it usually leads to a lot of weird stuff and stuff not working. I give them props for trying. Kingdom Come Deliverance is going that direction too. Star Citizen is utilizing some more contextual based AI behavior to make the world feel more alive but it's really not giving each AI personality, needs, wants, and goals.

The open world AI of the new game Limit Theory is programmed in such a way where they all have goals and attempt to achieve them based on their procedurally generated personality that has a lot of various variables. It's going to be really sweet to see.

That said, GTA V does the best job of creating the illusion of a truly living world. The AI is all contextual based on their locations, they don't have personalities or anything, but they make it look like the world is full of life. It does its job better than any other games.

STALKER's tries to give AI personality and purpose, but it still randomly generates a lot of it and generally their actions are just scripted to make it look like they are living. It would be much more impressive if it wasn't so buggy and inconsistent.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Also.....

You take a couple shots at allies in Far Cry 3 and they'll turn on you. It takes a little more time to make allies in far Cry 4 shoot you. But, they will....eventually.

While you're stuck with being a Golden Path member in Far Cry 4 versus being able to pick factions to join (in STALKER), that's not necessarily a bad thing. It doesn't matter what faction I'm in because enemies are made to be shot and allies are merely cannon fodder. They're there to take a bullet for me. No more, no less. The hell would I care what faction I'm in.

In the real world, I see some deer at one moment. The next moment, they're gone. So, animals being random doesn't bother me. In Far Cry 4, Animals don't always attack especially if you keep some distance.

I find it strange that the STALKER games have very few vehicles considering an APC would provide the best way to counter mutants outside. I mean common sense says I should have armored vehicles. Not having them seems absurd especially with a history of being part of the Cold War Soviet Union. We all know one thing they had in abundance were armored vehicles.

Far Cry 4 may have an excess of just about everything. But, I find it more fun that way. The gyrocopter may seem overkill in the game. But, I'm having much more fun with it than anything in STALKER. I have CoP on my laptop. But, other games are keeping me from playing it. I may resume eventually.

The thing is... Far Cry 4 map is not realistic. Second it loooks fake. Third, Far Cry 4 is like rambo, shooting at enemy, blowing everything up what makes this game even more fake.

There is no cars because it takes place where is hell, radioation and mutants.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

What the hell is with you and STALKER?

He's replacing SNIPER

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

STALKER is indeed impressive. NPCs sit , talk , hunt , eat , interact and so on. They feel like other players in the same game but they aren't .

I finished STALKER games without mods. I really liked the gunplay in the game. The only thing that sucks is your starting pistol .

There are no glitches in STALKER. At least not for the last 5+ years.

STALKER's gunplay is really weak. People love the hell out of it because it's so different, but there is a reason nobody else actually utilizes that gunplay.

At first the gunplay seems awesome. Guns feel "realistic" as they have a lot of recoil and they jam. Bullets aren't laser accurate and it takes multiple shots to bring down guys with the weak guns. Firefights seem drawn out as once you get close enough for the guns to be effective then everything becomes super deadly.

However I feel the guns revolve too much around RPG stats, enemies also rely too much on HP and armor values as well as fudged accuracy/damage numbers. The end result is a very inconsistent experience. The gunplay itself is widely confusing and not realistic in the slightest most of the time. Guns either don't have enough firepower for the model and caliber or ammunition they shoot, or they are just too good at everything. The weapon jamming and whatnot is pretty unrealistic too and it's forced pretty heavily. Distance seems to have a massive impact on bullet damage for a lot of the guns. It just doesn't feel right.

It annoys me as somebody who owns multiple firearms and enjoys sims how unrealistic STALKER is despite this attempt to be super realistic. It just comes off as artificial difficult and "try hard" by the developers.

As for glitches that's just downright incorrect, Even with the patches the AI is extremely inconsistent and there is weird bugs and behavior states that riddle the game. Some very poor AI waypointing too and numerous bugs in quests.

In general I feel that PC gamers praise the STALKER series so much because it's not on the consoles and it's the only exclusive, modernish shooter series they can point to and say "look at how hardcore we are!" without people going "lol simulators". I feel it's way overpraised. It's an alright game with a great atmosphere, but the gameplay is way too incosinstent, the gunplay is weak

Now a game with spectacular gunplay is Insurgency on Steam. While they exaggerate recoil a bit (as a gaming convention to keep people from being too good with the guns), the velocity of the round, power of the round, and general characteristics of the ballistics and feel of the weapon are very good. I own an SKS in real life and in Insurgency the SKS there feels just like mine. It's and impressive feat.

BTW these are all my opinions. I'm not trying to tell people that their opinion is wrong. I feel like since this is System Wars that I must clarify this. I still enjoy playing STALKER but I always have to have some mods to change up the weapon properties to be more realistic. This of course makes the games much more difficult as these mods rarely touch the AI and AI is super deadly and still braindead at the same time leading to a lot of really weird encounters.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

GTA V

My only issue with GTA V is the wildlife.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'll echo @Wasdie and say GTAV.

You'd think in a time with such advanced technology, we'd have more games that actually try and recreate a living, breathing world.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jun_aka_pekto

@FreedomFreeLife said:

The thing is... Far Cry 4 map is not realistic. Second it loooks fake. Third, Far Cry 4 is like rambo, shooting at enemy, blowing everything up what makes this game even more fake.

There is no cars because it takes place where is hell, radioation and mutants.

The only post-nuclear holocaust area in STALKER is the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and the city of Pripyat. The rest of the world still goes on. No reason why a full-blown army can't incinerate the place and everything in it.

Far Cry 4 looks great. Me, the player as being Rambo? Why do you think I want to play it? If I wanted a sim, ARMA 2/OA is a couple of mouse clicks away.

Fake...... Seriously, every video game we play is a fake. Why do you think we want to get lost in them?