Most advanced game engine (must see)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -
#2 Posted by supercubedude64 (6504 posts) -

Very cool. Heh, they could use that engine for a Max Payne get the hell out of an exploding building sequence

#3 Posted by foxhound_fox (87691 posts) -
Its a cool idea... but it definitely is no CryEngine 2. I wouldn't call this engine "advanced."
#4 Posted by supercubedude64 (6504 posts) -

Its a cool idea... but it definitely is no CryEngine 2. I wouldn't call this engine "advanced."foxhound_fox

It's definitely some of the most advanced fire I've ever seen in a game.

#5 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

Its a cool idea... but it definitely is no CryEngine 2. I wouldn't call this engine "advanced."foxhound_fox

True, but for a console engine, it's very impressive.

#6 Posted by bobbetybob (19180 posts) -
Yeah it looks amazing, I just hope they have similar engines in the Wii version, I'd happily sacrifice the graphics for the physics, the fire and stuff.
#7 Posted by shaggygrosser (5871 posts) -
the propagation technique is pretty good, but the fire itself looks like complete donk.
#8 Posted by foxhound_fox (87691 posts) -
It's definitely some of the most advanced fire I've ever seen in a game.supercubedude64

But that doesn't make the engine advanced. BioShock had some pretty cool water effects but it never was an advanced engine overall.
#9 Posted by thrones (12178 posts) -

[QUOTE="supercubedude64"]It's definitely some of the most advanced fire I've ever seen in a game.foxhound_fox

But that doesn't make the engine advanced. BioShock had some pretty cool water effects but it never was an advanced engine overall.

It was modified Unreal Engine 3.

#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (87691 posts) -
It was modified Unreal Engine 3.thrones

No MSAA... not very advanced...
#11 Posted by shoeman12 (8744 posts) -
wow, that's awesome, but it would be even better with smoke.
#12 Posted by Dante2710 (63137 posts) -
that was pretty sweet, i hope this game doesnt end up sucking
#13 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
Great frame rate! lol Other than that, it was pretty impressive.
#14 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -
The graphics were more impressive than the actual physics/effects. It's nice to see the environment effects actually affect other things now, but I wonder how hard it would be to set a flammability value, and as an object is on fire the value increases to the breaking point, and when that happens the object breaks in one of several ways...the rest is all standard stuff.

It looks cool, but not really an impressive engine. I hope the game turns out good (hope they don't show off too much more of the enemies/horror parts/etc.).
#15 Posted by PSBox3SixWi (1341 posts) -
Finally! Fire that doesn't suck at being fire.