More low sales from a WiiU Game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

In comparison to the 3DS version of Mutant Mudds but it is more than Steam, PSV and PS3 combined.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/02/mutant-mudds-sales/

Mutant Mudds developer says Wii U version sold more than other platforms combined

16Mutant Mudds Deluxe creator says the Wii U version has outsold three other released platforms so far.By Ashley King ON FEBRUARY 13TH, 2014 IN NEWSIn a world where people shout from the highest rooftops that the Wii U is dead and Nintendo should give up on it, an interesting tidbit from Jools Watsham, creator of Mutant Mudds Deluxe has shown that it’s not entirely true. Watsham has just finished the release of his game on multiple platforms, including Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Steam, PS3 and PS Vita. According to Watsham, the most successful version of the game is Nintendo 3DS, but the Wii U version is more successful than all the other versions combined. Apparently Nintendo fans really like his game!While the developer hasn’t given any concrete details as to how many sales have occurred on each platform, the game has been available on Steam since November of last year and on the two Sony consoles since December. The Wii U version was released in June, meaning it’s had nearly a six month head start in order to rack up sales.

Argue it out people...... Im just here for cake. I apologies for the bad set up of the Topic of discussion as im using my tablet.

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (29548 posts) -

Never head of the game,so...yay?

#3 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

Not all that surprising. Renegade Kid has built his brand around Nintendo platforms, so it makes since that any fans that they/he has would be on those platforms. Releasing months (4-7 months earlier) also helps skew the numbers. In other news, Lighting Returns ps3 outsells its 360 counterpart.

#4 Edited by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
#5 Posted by charizard1605 (56064 posts) -

Never head of the game,so...yay?

It's a great retro platformer, check it out on the eShop

#6 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6961 posts) -

Good game, I guess. I have too many other 3ds games to get to first though.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (56064 posts) -
#9 Edited by DocSanchez (1566 posts) -

I've got the game on steam. It is a nice retro style platformer, but as far as new platforms go it's no spelunky.

#10 Edited by MrYaotubo (2637 posts) -

I´m sure that some of these really,really obscure games will sell better on the WiiU than on other platforms,mostly because almost no one even knows about these games in the first place but with so little to play on the WiiU these little obscure games will be easier to find I guess.

#11 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -

I´m sure that some of these really,really obscure games will sell better on the WiiU than on other platforms,mostly because almost no one even knows about these games in the first place but with so little to play on the WiiU these little obscure games will be easier to find I guess.

I really doubt that has much at all to do with it. People who like platformers are going to buy a Wii U, so it makes sense that a platformer would perform best on that platform. Rayman Legends sold best on the Wii U. Likewise, games from genres that are more popular on other platforms, like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, fail horribly on the Wii U.

#12 Edited by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

Never heard of it? Maybe I'll check it out on Steam.

#13 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3481 posts) -

Aw yeah, Nintendomination.

#14 Edited by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

@DocSanchez: Worth getting for play through? Cant remember the last platformer I played.

#15 Posted by DocSanchez (1566 posts) -

@dobzilian: I suppose it depends how much you like platformers and retro games. I hate telling people how they should spend their money in case they waste it.

#16 Posted by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

Well, when you have so few games in a platform I guess every piece of sh*t sells

#17 Edited by KBFloYd (13189 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Well, when you have so few games in a platform I guess every piece of sh*t sells

i see we have another thread title unhappy costumer..

#18 Posted by stuff238 (617 posts) -

Wow. A terrible 16 bit styled game sells better on the wii u. Who cares?

The only reason it sold better on wii u is because nintendo fans have no games and are desperate to play anything right now. Since they suffer from massive game droughts whenever ANY game comes along, they hype it up and claim it's a 10/10. If this game came out on any other system, it would get its true score of 1-5/10 because the other systems have higher standards.

#19 Edited by Wild_man_22 (580 posts) -

@MrYaotubo:

Makes sense actually, I got into shin megami tensei. Because devil survivor released on the 3ds, back then their was literally nothing else to play.

I also got into monster hunter because of the wii-u drought.

#20 Edited by KBFloYd (13189 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

Wow. A terrible 16 bit styled game sells better on the wii u. Who cares?

The only reason it sold better on wii u is because nintendo fans have no games and are desperate to play anything right now. Since they suffer from massive game droughts whenever ANY game comes along, they hype it up and claim it's a 10/10. If this game came out on any other system, it would get its true score of 1-5/10 because the other systems have higher standards.

developers care that why renegade kid is making more games for 3ds and wiiu...

when sega saw sonic racing outsell playstation and xbox they made a deal with nintendo.

#21 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

@DocSanchez: I'll play any genre of game part from those date rape simulators which are big with princess gomez. Not played a Retro Platformer in a while and need a change from RPGs. All good, all we do on these boards is share opinions lol, Will have a nose afterwards on 3DS .

#22 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4804 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

whenever ANY game comes along, they hype it up and claim it's a 10/10.

Uhhh... yeah bro. lol

Did you just confuse sheep with cows? Most sheep don't even hype their big exclusives 10/10. Hell, most sheep don't even hype their games at all. And I don't see anybody hyping this game a 10/10.

I mean, if you feel like making up stories to tell yourself at night that's cool. A strong imagination can be a great thing! Just keep it to yourself though.

#23 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24919 posts) -

Played the Demo on my 3DS.

It's great.

#24 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

The games I want on the WiiU are Bayonetta 2 an X. But for some reason I get this niggling thought that if the WiiU tanks SOOO hard that these exclusivity contracts may dry up and burn because of the prediction of incredibly low sales. However, if I had too those are the two games that will eventually convince me to drop money on a WiiU