More Killzone 2 Tech Stuff - Deffered Shading

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mohammadnb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mohammadnb
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

hi

Still wanna know how the killzone 2 development team are working on this upcoming PS3 exclusive shooter ? Then you are in luck, here is another released pdf document which shows how deffered shading in games like Killzone 2 is done.

what do you think guys ??

more Pic here

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Why is this important again? Also do you actually understand what they were talking about?
mohammadnb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mohammadnb
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

Why is this important again? Also do you actually understand what they were talking about?ithilgore2006

No .. but maybe someone explain to us this

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]Why is this important again? Also do you actually understand what they were talking about?mohammadnb

No .. but maybe someone explain to us this

ill explain whats going on and what needs to happen.

1. Guerrilla is showing off useless things that otherg ames have ALREADY doneto promote their technical NOT masterpiece game.

2.someone should send them a letter to STHU and telling themnicely that showing these things to casuals in hope of making them believe that "omgz teh PS3 is AWSOME!11 they have somethign called DEFFEEEEREEERD RENDERING DURRRRRRRRRR"

3. set casuals should stop making cet threads about it. ESPECIALY cows who seem to mostly not know what the hell they are looking at.

Driftwood111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Driftwood111
Member since 2005 • 577 Posts

This game will never be as beautiful as Bioshock.

If Hermits were to post the technical features of Crysis it could last all Year.

It's just a desperate attempt to impress Cows.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
I think they are trying to do the Crysis marketing approach ... bragging about the tech constantly to avoid any thoughts on the gameplay (luckily enough Crysis has had good reviews on gameplay) ... but will Killzone 2 follow suit? KZ1 didnt,
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 A-LEGEND

I think they are trying to do the Crysis marketing approach ... bragging about the tech constantly to avoid any thoughts on the gameplay (luckily enough Crysis has had good reviews on gameplay) ... but will Killzone 2 follow suit? KZ1 didnt,Meu2k7

I dont even understand why they are trying. crysis was the only game i remember who did this, and its as though Guerilla is directly trying to compare.Bungie didnt even do it. all they did was talk about it in podcasts for their fans, not to promote itto everyone. and Halo 3 is a hell of alot more impressive tchnicaly than KZ2. who are they trying to impress. its also as if they are totaly ignoring that their first game flopped like no other and making the sequal as if its the sequel to the best game ever. If i were them i would keep the mouth shut and careful not to overhype.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]I think they are trying to do the Crysis marketing approach ... bragging about the tech constantly to avoid any thoughts on the gameplay (luckily enough Crysis has had good reviews on gameplay) ... but will Killzone 2 follow suit? KZ1 didnt,A-LEGEND

I dont even understand why they are trying. crysis was the only game i remember who did this. Bungie didnt even do it. all they did wa talk about it in podcasts for their fans, not to promote to everyone. and Halo 3 is a hell of alot more impressive tchnicaly than KZ2.

Please elaborate. (Seriously, I'm just curious to know your point of view, not meaning to hate or anything.)

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Seriously, why are they doing this? It's really pointless and why should we care?
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]I think they are trying to do the Crysis marketing approach ... bragging about the tech constantly to avoid any thoughts on the gameplay (luckily enough Crysis has had good reviews on gameplay) ... but will Killzone 2 follow suit? KZ1 didnt,A-LEGEND

I dont even understand why they are trying. crysis was the only game i remember who did this, and its as though Guerilla is directly trying to compare.Bungie didnt even do it. all they did was talk about it in podcasts for their fans, not to promote itto everyone. and Halo 3 is a hell of alot more impressive tchnicaly than KZ2. who are they trying to impress. its also as if they are totaly ignoring that their first game flopped like no other and making the sequal as if its the sequel to the best game ever. If i were them i would keep the mouth shut and careful not to overhype.

:lol: Wow, this is from the developers conference where people who can actually understand what this means can view what's being done with Killzone 2. It's not for you, it's not for me. It's mainly set towards people like those in B3D or the actual game developers.

Don't know why you're getting so worked up, even bringing Halo 3 into.

But, since you did you're going to have to explain why Halo 3 is "a hell of a lot more impressive technically" than Killzone 2.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Seriously, why are they doing this? It's really pointless and why should we care?Supafly1

Game developers conference: developers sharing info on technologies and working methods amongst each other.

It's not pointless, and you don't have to care since we're not the ones that this presentation is aimed at.

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

Wow, so much hate. They released a pdf from GDC for anyone to view, so what?

It's not even on killzone.com so I doubt they're using it to promote the game.

What about the Bioshock art pdf called "Breaking the mold" that was released, is that bragging as well? Of course it isn't, it's nice that they release this kind of stuff for people who are interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts
is that source engine
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

is that source enginetmgwarrior72

Looks like it, also says 'GDC '04' at the top right. From the looks of things someone posted this to show people how deferred shading was used in games.

-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Maddog-
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

Hey, I like the PS3 and all....but what is it with PS3 games and always having to go behind the scenes to show just how good and high tech work is going into it, yet the 360 just pumps out great looking games..without talk?

Its like they want everyone convinced the PS3 is superior.

Who cares...aslong as it looks great and more importantly PLAYS great.

The one who talks about it..usually isn't the good one, the one good, doesn't need to talk.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]I think they are trying to do the Crysis marketing approach ... bragging about the tech constantly to avoid any thoughts on the gameplay (luckily enough Crysis has had good reviews on gameplay) ... but will Killzone 2 follow suit? KZ1 didnt,Nightflash28

I dont even understand why they are trying. crysis was the only game i remember who did this. Bungie didnt even do it. all they did wa talk about it in podcasts for their fans, not to promote to everyone. and Halo 3 is a hell of alot more impressive tchnicaly than KZ2.

Please elaborate. (Seriously, I'm just curious to know your point of view, not meaning to hate or anything.)

boy i really dont want to do this. its going to turn the thread into a war.

ok, Much higher resolution Textures, much more detailed lighting (Global HDR. yes we know other games have done this but not nearlyas sophisticated) Destructable Vegetation with physics. Environmental detail such as water which rivals bioshock, (kill a fish in the water it bleeds and fogs it up as it goes down stream. subtle details such as this.) Much more things going on, on screen ALL on a scale of 16 KM FULLY modeled. Hell if you want to you can take a banshee fly up through the volumetric clouds and into the upper atmosphere where day becomes night and stars appear. and easily a dozen more littel details i dotn even remember.

Killzone 2 has a much more realistic art style which does make it "look" better to our eyes. but technicaly, i would have to say no. but i dont see how it compares when halo 3 does all that killzone two doesnt on 16 km and not in a linear level.

i cant comment on the AI. but killzone does seem to have igher poly models. but then again halo 3 is pushing much more geometry on its scale. like i said you cant compare the two. i dont mean it as "omg halo 3 pwns it yocant compare" but you cant compare because of the difference in the way it was created.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 A-LEGEND
kill this thread now. i have done a horrible thing :?