More console to PC this time around?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by scatteh316 (4983 posts) -

What you reckon?

PS4 and Xbone using x86 style CPu's and normal GPU's ( Especially in PS4 ) should mean that porting to PC is soooo much easier this time around.

It will make it easier for developers to target as many people as possible.

This could potential reduce the amount of 'console' exclusives this time around.

Good thing or bad?

#2 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

A lot of sony's console exclusives are from first party devs

#3 Posted by commander (8262 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

What you reckon?

PS4 and Xbone using x86 style CPu's and normal GPU's ( Especially in PS4 ) should mean that porting to PC is soooo much easier this time around.

It will make it easier for developers to target as many people as possible.

This could potential reduce the amount of 'console' exclusives this time around.

Good thing or bad?

I think the porting will happen the other way around this time.

Consoles are too weak.

#4 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6681 posts) -

I assume tha twe will see less games being on one or two platforms this gen, unless they are 1st party exclusives.

#5 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -

It's already happening, how many console exclusives are there any more? Destiny and MGS are the only two I can think of that aren't made by first party developers.

#6 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16802 posts) -

You must mean more multiplats. Sure. Depends on what kind though. A number of traditional console genres like fighting games and sports games I have either no interest in or I would rather play on a console.

For games in the same vein as Uncharted/Tomb Raider or KZ games, sure. I actually enjoyed KZ2 and KZ3 once I bought a keyboard and mouse adapter.

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151861 posts) -

Don't tell PC gamers covet console games...say it ain't so.

#8 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

why?

#9 Posted by Blabadon (27622 posts) -

Hopefully. More games for more people is always good

#10 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151861 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

why?

Mostly because some appear arrogant here as though console gaming is beneath them. Note: I said some. I have seen others that don't do that.

#11 Posted by gameofthering (10393 posts) -

I'd prefer it if most games were multi-platform, if the system could support it.

#12 Posted by nicecall (432 posts) -

hope they bring more to pc so i can illegally download them j/k (or maybe not)

#13 Posted by Willy105 (24572 posts) -

@lostrib: Yeah....but they are Sony first party devs. They can be skipped for better games.

@nicecall: Steam made piracy an inferior way of playing PC games. It's not as big an issue as it used to be, it's like thinking that PC gaming is more expensive and that you have to pay almost a thousand dollars to play games. It's not.

#14 Posted by steamistrash (427 posts) -

That's just mainstream garbage from known publisers they're will be exclusive pc games though from publishers that arent mainstream console publishers.

#15 Posted by nicecall (432 posts) -

I disagree about steam... if anything it made piracy a better option at times. Waste 10 gigs downloading a game off steam with your money, or spend that same 10 gigs on a torrent with no money. The cost of bandwidth is so high, it leaves very little left over to buy a game if you have to download it also. If a game doesnt have a physical copy form of itself, i always pirate it. I live in a remote area, my isp is almost 2 dollars a gig so bandwidth is quite precious and when i spend 150 per month in isp costs, i have to use money wisely when downloading. Spending 20 dollars of bandwidth costs to download a 10 dollar game doesn't make sense to me.

#16 Posted by Ripsaw1994 (166 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

why?

Mostly because some appear arrogant here as though console gaming is beneath them. Note: I said some. I have seen others that don't do that.

Console games are like any other games, if its good its good. ( Doesnt mean i want to limit myself with shit tier hardware when i can afford better.)

#17 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151861 posts) -

@ripsaw1994 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

why?

Console games are like any other games, if its good its good. ( Doesnt mean i want to limit myself with shit tier hardware when i can afford better.)

Gameplay > tech

Consoles aren't shit either.

#18 Edited by BattleSpectre (6531 posts) -

Yeah we've seen it with Titanfall, we'll see it with a lot of other games. Well maybe not so much with Sony exclusives...

#19 Posted by commander (8262 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ripsaw1994 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

why?

Gameplay > tech

Consoles aren't shit either.

they are 5 year old stinking shit

#20 Posted by clyde46 (46992 posts) -

@nicecall said:

I disagree about steam... if anything it made piracy a better option at times. Waste 10 gigs downloading a game off steam with your money, or spend that same 10 gigs on a torrent with no money. The cost of bandwidth is so high, it leaves very little left over to buy a game if you have to download it also. If a game doesnt have a physical copy form of itself, i always pirate it. I live in a remote area, my isp is almost 2 dollars a gig so bandwidth is quite precious and when i spend 150 per month in isp costs, i have to use money wisely when downloading. Spending 20 dollars of bandwidth costs to download a 10 dollar game doesn't make sense to me.

Move to a first world country then.

#21 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Yeah, probably.

Lots of Japanese support has been coming to the PC lately as well. I'm betting much more will come given it should be relatively cheap to port. That is unless every worthwhile Japanese dev has shifted their entire focus to phones before the end of this gen.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151861 posts) -

@evildead6789:

Get back to me when you become a gamer....

#23 Posted by commander (8262 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@evildead6789:

I don't play games without dynamic shadowing, or at 30 fps for that matter

#24 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@evildead6789:

That's unfortunate

#25 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (987 posts) -

Ya I'm hoping this is the case this generation as well. It's a major reason I built a pc this time around instead of buying a console. Well that and I'm sick of the kids/trolls you get in abundance on console multiplayer.

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151861 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@evildead6789:

Your loss....

#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151861 posts) -

@ribstaylor1 said:

Ya I'm hoping this is the case this generation as well. It's a major reason I built a pc this time around instead of buying a console. Well that and I'm sick of the kids/trolls you get in abundance on console multiplayer.

I built a PC for gaming as well....but I'm hoping it offers more than console games. I will pick console over PC any time...though it might mean there is no reason to buy an X1. We'll see.

#28 Posted by nicecall (432 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@nicecall said:

cool answer slick

#29 Posted by clyde46 (46992 posts) -

@nicecall said:

@clyde46 said:

@nicecall said:

cool answer slick

You expect me to care about how you have to torrent games and how much you pay for your internet? Sorry you live in hillbilly nowhere, I suggest you move to a civilised country.

#30 Posted by nicecall (432 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@nicecall said:

@clyde46 said:

@nicecall said:

cool answer slick

You expect me to care about how you have to torrent games and how much you pay for your internet? Sorry you live in hillbilly nowhere, I suggest you move to a civilised country.

your rich and im poor, i feel bad and your much better then i am for sure. i wish i was great like you, thanks for putting me down cause your the top dog here

#31 Edited by steamistrash (427 posts) -

only pc has next gen version of deadfall adventures.

the games only on 360/pc lol but the 360 version is heavily watered down in comparison.

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (31157 posts) -

@steamistrash said:

only pc has next gen version of dreamfall adventures.

the games only on 360/pc lol but the 360 version is heavily watered down in comparison.

lol quake sucks

#33 Posted by steamistrash (427 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@steamistrash said:

lol quake sucks

come play me and get owned :)

#34 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@steamistrash said:

@MonsieurX said:

@steamistrash said:

lol quake sucks

come play me and get owned :)

You sound like a casual

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (31157 posts) -

@steamistrash said:

http://q2s.tastyspleen.net/

Download quake 2 install the demo,then the patch then the client.

then start the game go into multiplayer menu and go into the address hook and type in this ip address 67.228.69.114:27916 hit enter button /exit address book hit enter on refresh server....server will pop up to ip u just entered into the address book hit enter then will see you there casual.

Heewee confirmed

Sup mods

@WadeFan , @super600

#37 Posted by adamosmaki (9736 posts) -

Any more console games on pc wont happen considering almost anything that isnt first party nowdays is on pc anyway ( yes yes we are missing a few titles like red dead but those are the extreme minority )

#38 Edited by steamistrash (427 posts) -

pc will get plenty of exclusives :)

#39 Edited by SakusEnvoy (4341 posts) -

The question, I think, is whether Japanese devs will put most of their games on PC. The hardware being similar will be a huge help, but most Japanese devs still aren't accustomed to targeting PC hardware for mainstream games. The non-first party "console" exclusives right now are few in number and, aside from Destiny, consist mostly of Japanese games - Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid.

Of course, on 3DS and Vita, most Japanese developed games will never see the light on PC either.

#40 Edited by MonsieurX (31157 posts) -

@steamistrash said:

lol quake is terrible heewee,get over it

#41 Posted by commander (8262 posts) -

@steamistrash said:

I think you're forgetting dark souls II that is coming to the pc

Dayz?

Not to mention we were playing next gen games for years now, only you had the previous gen ports lol

#42 Posted by steamistrash (427 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@steamistrash said:

lol quake is terrible heewee,get over it

LOL noob never played quake 2 internet deathmatch before.

#43 Edited by super600 (30860 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@steamistrash said:

http://q2s.tastyspleen.net/

Download quake 2 install the demo,then the patch then the client.

then start the game go into multiplayer menu and go into the address hook and type in this ip address 67.228.69.114:27916 hit enter button /exit address book hit enter on refresh server....server will pop up to ip u just entered into the address book hit enter then will see you there casual.

Heewee confirmed

Sup mods

@WadeFan , @super600

I already know who that user is.

#44 Edited by kipsta77 (1017 posts) -

Most multiplats will be lead platform on PC this gen, as we've already witnessed with AC4, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2 and BF4.

Develop for PC > Port to console.