More confirmation of 720P for Xbone COD Ghost and BF4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Even in the PS3's early years, the differences between the 360 and PS3 multiplats weren't staggeringly high.

Doesn't answer the point of the question. If first party devs can get a game 1080p, and 3rd party cant, like last gen, when 360 had edge in a few multiplat games, and cows said it was lazy devs. Why isn't it the devs this time? Why is it the console manufacturer?

Because the PS3 had more raw power than the 360 for one. The power was there to be accessed. Plenty of devs managed to provide equal ports but there was a handful that put out really sub par PS3 versions.

Fast forward and we've got the Xbone with the weaker specs, rumours MS have provided weak drivers and as it now seems it's multiple devs who can't get equal versions. If BF4 isn't the same as rumoured then that's a big one imo. They've got quality devs behind that game, top graphics on PC, know their tech and provided good multiplats last gen. If even the quality devs are struggling how can you put the blame there? Even a graphically strong dev like Crytek have gone 900p and 30fps (iirc) on Xbone.

So where was the raw power advantage? 360 had the better GPU, you know what everyone is going crazy over this time? And again, Forza 5 is 1080p, so it can do it. If devs other than turn 10 aren't getting it, why isn't it the devs like with PS3? One I nothing is confirmed, its all forum talk at this point, two, it doesn't really matter, three its more hypocrite talk from cows.

I'm going to make this nice and simple for you. I'm not going into the PS3 vs 360 hardware stuff because it's been done to death and tbh you can just read up on it yourself from pretty much any thread from 06 through till today. I don't know have you've managed to miss that stuff.

1) On the PS3 most devs made equal ports. There were a handful that struggled consistently (i.e. Bethesda, Rockstar had some issues too at points). Some of the (graphically) best devs put out completely equal ports. Compare to now, good devs like Dice and Crytek are struggling. Some of the biggest multiplats are having big differences (the extent isn't completely known). Notice the difference? Obviously good devs no longer getting good results?

2) Turn 10 are the exception not the rule. Forza's lacking a plethora of next gen features and is essentially a suped up last gen title. (Hence the last gen lighting, dodgy trees, less open race tracks than other titles etc...).

Pointing to one dev who's managed a 1080p title isn't the same as last gen where Cows could point to a plethora of equal ports and a handful of bad ones.

Get the difference?

One dev's done 1080p, lots lowers res on one system. VS Lots of equal last gen ports, a few significantly worse multiplats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@tormentos said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

#truthfacts

I remember he was the father of the whole secret sauce crap for the xbox one..hahaha

Gies spit out the secret sauce and now his neck is hurting?

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

To all of this I just say "meh." With MS you are buying more than the box. When there was RROD they gave everyone a free replacement with free shipping. Something SOny would never, ever do. With this I trust they will fix it. You really think they will just go "oh well, we are just stuck at 720." Lol c'mon. They will fix it with software, hardware or do a xbox one 2.0. They will release a new version every year if they have to, just like the surface tablet or whatnot. I'll be sticking with MS. They have shown time and time again they will take care of their customers.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Some assholes on the neogaf thread got it shut down posting 4chan garbage. I hope they can recover so CBOAT can spread the #ConsumerApplicableTruthFacts

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@McStrongfast said:
@TheGuardian03 said:

Jeff Gertsmann had this to say regarding the ps4 and x1.

If it were purely an objective matter then there wouldn’t be anything to argue about. The PlayStation 4 is a more powerful console. The specs seem to say that fairly clearly and I’ve talked to enough developers that have backed that up after spending time with both. But many of them have also said that the way this will translate into shipping products will be pretty insignificant.

So at some point people are arguing if a resolution difference is significant or not. Up-close on a PC monitor there’s no contest, it’s a big deal. At distance on a TV? Probably less so. They’re also assuming that’s the only actual difference between two versions of a given game, of course.

So yeah, it’s fun to drive by and laugh at the unreleased console because it “can’t handle” higher resolutions, I guess. But I already have enough shit going on in my life, adding a bunch of speculative forum drama to the mix just isn’t on my list. If the games come out and look markedly different to the naked eye due to these reasons, then we can start cracking a billion jokes and funning it up, OK? Until then it’s just people sort of shouting numbers back and forth at each other as if that’s the only thing that matters.

I've done a practical scientific real life test. Wouldn't mind 720p too much, I haven't for the past six years, not like it's suddenly gonna become worse, but 1080p is noticeably better in my situation.

And Jeff plays in his bedroom. That bigger is better ought to be noticeable to him as well.

Although this whole thing is like...I'll buy multiplat games on Playstation instead of Xbox this gen then I guess?

For those planning on only getting an Xbox for whatever reason, your thing's worse, multiplats will perform worse to some degree that may or may not particularly matter.

No worries on my end, but I will say had I not had a hands on with the system all this talk might affect me more. But after having played Forza, Dead Risng 3, and Ryse if thats how launch games look I'll be served very well graphically as time passes and devs optimize the system more. The Xbox One gaming line up and features mean more to me than each game reaching 1080p. Some like Forza and NBA2K have already, some 900 like Ryse and the rest 720 at the start. I can live with that. But when I think of Halo 5, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Project Spark, and a full roster for Killer Instinct I just don't want a PS4 because it'll hit 1080 p more often then I want those games. But each gamer has their own criteria to go buy and thats cool. If all the rumors are true they'll blow up for a few days and then reviews will hit and some games for both systems will rock and some will flop. Such is life, lol. But let the cows circle jerk as its what they do. I've known since May the PS4 had more horsepower than the One. But with my own two eyes when I see the One's games I want them more. And certainly the One will have its 1080p games, though likely fewer than the PS4. If the game runs like a dream and is just a great game period,. I'll live with the resolution drops as I am trading it for the Ones features that I honestly want more than 1080p games. But thats just me :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

@R3FURBISHED said:

I present Infinity Ward and you present a guy who used to work for IGN who is currently trolling Major Nelson on Twitter?

Come on guy, I even said "official conformation or nothing".... Activision would equate to "official conformation"

Being skeptical of sources you don't know is healthy, but we know the sources to be quite credible. And plentiful.
You're effectively saying "only trust PR". Bet you think rumble is lastgen and the failure rate is within industry standards.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Some assholes on the neogaf thread got it shut down posting 4chan garbage. I hope they can recover so CBOAT can spread the #ConsumerApplicableTruthFacts

CBOAT makes his own threads, but I'm tired of waiting. I saw resolutiongate unfold live but I'll skip this one.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

No worries on my end, but I will say had I not had a hands on with the system all this talk might affect me more. But after having played Forza, Dead Risng 3, and Ryse if thats how launch games look I'll be served very well graphically as time passes and devs optimize the system more. The Xbox One gaming line up and features mean more to me than each game reaching 1080p. Some like Forza and NBA2K have already, some 900 like Ryse and the rest 720 at the start. I can live with that. But when I think of Halo 5, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Project Spark, and a full roster for Killer Instinct I just don't want a PS4 because it'll hit 1080 p more often then I want those games. But each gamer has their own criteria to go buy and thats cool. If all the rumors are true they'll blow up for a few days and then reviews will hit and some games for both systems will rock and some will flop. Such is life, lol. But let the cows circle jerk as its what they do. I've known since May the PS4 had more horsepower than the One. But with my own two eyes when I see the One's games I want them more. And certainly the One will have its 1080p games, though likely fewer than the PS4. If the game runs like a dream and is just a great game period,. I'll live with the resolution drops as I am trading it for the Ones features that I honestly want more than 1080p games. But thats just me :)

You can almost feel the tears on this post..

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

@tormentos: and I can almost feel your mothers tears as you fail to move out after your 40th birthday. But there it is.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Just let him be, let those guys live in the matrix, never finding out the truth. Ignorance is bliss.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Why can't he just start a new thread from scratch? The original thread was about lower resolution in CoD, was it not?

It had blown completely into 3 other topics, all based on some rumor going around about some secret that "insiders" weren't allowed to spill yet.

Just more hysteria than anything else.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ReadingRainbow4

@Netherscourge said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Why can't he just start a new thread from scratch? The original thread was about lower resolution in CoD, was it not?

It had blown completely into 3 other topics, all based on some rumor going around about some secret that "insiders" weren't allowed to spill yet.

Just more hysteria than anything else.

yeah, he should.

I don't know what all this waiting is about.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 shawn30

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Lol, hardly. Just opinion. Jeez, you take this stuff so damn serious. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

@s0ldier69 said:

To all of this I just say "meh." With MS you are buying more than the box. When there was RROD they gave everyone a free replacement with free shipping. Something SOny would never, ever do. With this I trust they will fix it. You really think they will just go "oh well, we are just stuck at 720." Lol c'mon. They will fix it with software, hardware or do a xbox one 2.0. They will release a new version every year if they have to, just like the surface tablet or whatnot. I'll be sticking with MS. They have shown time and time again they will take care of their customers.

You're defending a company knowingly selling faulty piece of shit hardware and commending them for after year(s?) of denial, offering to consumers what it was legally compelled to once the shit hit the fan.

I do not for a second believe that you are being serious.

Now I on the other hand do have a proper tale of commendable customer care.
Microsoft kept sending me new 360's complete in box with HDD, controller and everything. Free shipping. Somewhere along the way I got two games for free too. Free shipping for everything. Even an actually written, personal apology note when a shipment was late. Also I was talking to an actual person. They sent the stuff basically as soon as I contacted them, before they had even gotten to confirm that my shit was indeed broken. When my 360 broke I was happy. It was crazy. Still blows my mind almost as much as Fahrenheit's twist.

Felt like being part of a secret club or something, which is probably close to the truth. Few people knew of or were referred to this special support team. Don't know if any even existed outside of Sweden. But no one can afford to keep up such madness, and they didn't. RIP magical Microsoft support.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

NeoGAF is turning into System Wars these days. :\

@shawn30

Yeah it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Should be pretty low on people's priority lists.
If announced exclusives was the only criteria, I would've gone Xbox One first too. Probably getting One when Quantum Break's out.
Might end up getting the WiiU first, actually.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By shawn30

@Locutus_Picard said:

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Just let him be, let those guys live in the matrix, never finding out the truth. Ignorance is bliss.

Rolls eyes, lol. Silly cow.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

Originally Posted by bishoptl

...oboy. **** it, I'm out. See y'all later. It's been real.

*closes fallout shelter door, locks it firmly*

Shit's about to get real apparently.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

If you paid 500 bucks for this punch urself in the nuts

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Originally Posted by bishoptl

...oboy. **** it, I'm out. See y'all later. It's been real.

*closes fallout shelter door, locks it firmly*

Shit's about to get real apparently.

MY BODY IS READY for the meltdowns.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ReadingRainbow4

Quote#1221

Originally Posted by Proelite

Given the choice between
720p COD
and
Xbox One OS that crashes / hangs once per user session. Flaky ass multi-player.
I think 720p COD is the lesser of the two evils.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ReadingRainbow4

Apparently the xbone is having real issues with displaying games in 1080p with the esram.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 I_can_haz

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/394232567617966080

I wonder what sort of of bad news he's talking about. Hold on to your butts people.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/394232567617966080

I wonder what sort of of bad news he's talking about. Hold on to your butts people.

That guy said the issue isn't technical or OS related.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ReadingRainbow4

Prepare for an announcement delaying several multiplatform games, lol.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Goddamn. The Lemmings have been decimated

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

So anything new?

Btw trying sw mobile version, while better than the previous site, still lefts a lot to desire.

Just copy the damn Neogaf mobile forum site. With the chain quote mmaxat 2 ppsts. >=\

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 I_can_haz

News sites have started picking this up...

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12569-cod-ghosts-and-battlefield-4-runs-720p-xbox-one-claims-former-ign-journalis.html

MS's silence is doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire. Lems can deny this all they want but the chances of COD being 1080p are pretty much zero at this point.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

Another day, another 720p rumour. This generation gon' be fun.

LOLLLL man sony ps4 gifs>>>> ms xbone gifs.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ReadingRainbow4

According to Thuway BF4 is 900p on both consoles, most likely so they don't have to comment on a platform difference and keep a positive relationship with MS.

This however has me intrigued.

Ahsan Rasheed ‏@thuway1h

@miDnIghtEr20C an unannounced major game is 720p Xbone, 1080p PS4. Cannot tell you title but told mods name. Too sensitive to mention.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By I_can_haz

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

According to Thuway BF4 is 900p on both consoles, most likely so they don't have to comment on a platform difference and keep a positive relationship with MS.

This however has me intrigued.

Ahsan Rasheed ‏@thuway1h

@miDnIghtEr20C an unannounced major game is 720p Xbone, 1080p PS4. Cannot tell you title but told mods name. Too sensitive to mention.

Gee....I wonder what the unannounced title is.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 I_can_haz

The guy who leaked about COD, BF4, and KI being 720p on XB1 just wrote this article:

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/10/well-that-escalated-quickly/

Interesting read. I'm glad to see not all the gaming media are PR puppets for the big companies. I like to be told the truth as a consumer so that I can spend my money wisely. What use are the "journalists" if they are nothing but PR for the big companies that can't tell their readers the truth?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@shawn30 said:

720, 900, 1080.... if the games are great I won't care. But if its 1080p and sucks, I still won't want it. Having said that, exclusives, features, and Kinect are why I want the One. Looks great from what I have seen and actually played, but no doubt the PS4 is a more powerful graphics powerhouse. For the record I think the rumors are likely true. I wish MS would just admit it and then get on with the business of showing their games and optimizing the One for devs. I want Titanfall, Halo 5, and Quantum Break to be the best they can. But all this hiding resolutions and stuff, provided its true, is getting dumb. MS should make their stand on the quality of the games and not the damn resolution, IMHO.

Its you people I don't understand. I get the whole graphics don't mean much thing, and I would be totally fine if both ran at 720p. But the fact is that we have one console that costs 500 bucks and can only pump out 720p and another that does 1080p for 100 bucks less. it's like this gen, I picked the best version of a game, like Fallout on Xbox while getting Final Fantasy on PS3. This gen will be no different for me as I'm getting both. But when it comes to third party, I have BF4, CoD: Ghosts, ACIV, WatchDogs on preorder for PS4 and will pick up the PS4 versions of Dragon Age III, Witcher III and so forth.

I do agree with you that MS needs to stop this evasive tactic they have been doing. Just say it's 720p being upscaled to 1080p, let people know they have the DLC coming first and then show some more Forza, Ryse and Dead rising footage while talking more about whats planned for Halo 5. They need to sell their exclusive content, thats how the PS3 survived this gen and how Nintendo has survived the last several gens. MS needs to build up more of a brand name for themselves and should have taken respawn under their wing and never let bungie go. In fact they shouldn't have let Bioware go either, as it would have had a bigger effect on me.

I'm fine if the X1 can only do 720p for it's exclusive content, but I will have a PS4 for all the third party games that are going to run better on it. Them being evasive is only doing them harm, as their tactics are making me want to cancel my X1 preorder all together.Good thing for MS is that I love Forza just as much as Gran Turismo if not more.

I want continue the Tri-fecta of consoles this gen, but MS is making this harder for me so far.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

High profile unannounced game? Sounds tasty.

If the BF4 rumor is correct, I will be very pissed. Not referring to the resolution thing, but about the obligated parity we would deal with. >=/

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Where does says "they are able to extract 172 GB/s" from link http://www.psu.com/a020475/ ?

"It means we don’t have to worry so much about stuff, the fact that the memory operates at around 172GB/s is amazing, so we can swap stuff in and our as fast as we can without it really causing us much grief,” said Gilray.

Note that 7850's "memory operates" at around 153 GB/s i.e. from effective 4800 Mhz GDDR5.

----

Your interpretation in regards PS4's write memory bandwidth exceeds other dev's statements

http://www.edge-online.com/news/gaijin-games-on-why-war-thunder-isnt-coming-to-xbox-one/

How much more powerful?

AY: It depends what youre doing. GPU, like 40 per cent more powerful. DDR5 is basically 50 per cent more powerful than DDR3, but the memory write [performance] is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what youre doing.

How is that going to translate to on-screen results for the kinds of games you want to make? So to optimise War Thunder on both consoles you could hypothetically make a better, prettier version on PS4?

AY: Yep.

KY: Probably yes. But again, thats not a very big deal.

--------

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

Xbox One does, however, boast superior performance to PS4 in other ways. Lets say you are using procedural generation or raytracing via parametric surfaces that is, using a lot of memory writes and not much texturing or ALU Xbox One will be likely be faster, said one developer

But but but 40% more powerful...lol

720p vs 1080p...and that just resolution lets wait and se actual game quality i don't think the xbox one will run at the same quality either.

Surprise? Your brain can only handle Cows/PS3/PS4 vs Lems/X360/X1.

The post from AY was for PS4 vs X1 memory bandwidth context..

"40 precent more power" is a no brainier and it's stated AS IS.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Dat balanced hardware lol. And here we have KZSF running at 1080p/60fps with insane visuals, it would probably melt xbone's gpu upon running.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#187  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Maybe Sony is right about the PS4 being for the hardcore gamer.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

and so it begins.....

http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-trouble-reports-call-duty-ghosts-running-720p-compared-1080p-ps4-1442726

“From what I've read on Twitter, NeoGAF and other sources, basically, the console's ESRAM is this generation's Cell CPU. It makes games harder to develop for, which is resulting in a lot of multiplatform games being in lower resolutions, slower frame rates, and lower textures.”

Damn, there it is!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#189 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@battlefieldfan4 said:

Even in the PS3's early years, the differences between the 360 and PS3 multiplats weren't staggeringly high.

Doesn't answer the point of the question. If first party devs can get a game 1080p, and 3rd party cant, like last gen, when 360 had edge in a few multiplat games, and cows said it was lazy devs. Why isn't it the devs this time? Why is it the console manufacturer?

Because the PS3 had more raw power than the 360 for one. The power was there to be accessed. Plenty of devs managed to provide equal ports but there was a handful that put out really sub par PS3 versions.

Fast forward and we've got the Xbone with the weaker specs, rumours MS have provided weak drivers and as it now seems it's multiple devs who can't get equal versions. If BF4 isn't the same as rumoured then that's a big one imo. They've got quality devs behind that game, top graphics on PC, know their tech and provided good multiplats last gen. If even the quality devs are struggling how can you put the blame there? Even a graphically strong dev like Crytek have gone 900p and 30fps (iirc) on Xbone.

So where was the raw power advantage? 360 had the better GPU, you know what everyone is going crazy over this time? And again, Forza 5 is 1080p, so it can do it. If devs other than turn 10 aren't getting it, why isn't it the devs like with PS3? One I nothing is confirmed, its all forum talk at this point, two, it doesn't really matter, three its more hypocrite talk from cows.

I'm going to make this nice and simple for you. I'm not going into the PS3 vs 360 hardware stuff because it's been done to death and tbh you can just read up on it yourself from pretty much any thread from 06 through till today. I don't know have you've managed to miss that stuff.

1) On the PS3 most devs made equal ports. There were a handful that struggled consistently (i.e. Bethesda, Rockstar had some issues too at points). Some of the (graphically) best devs put out completely equal ports. Compare to now, good devs like Dice and Crytek are struggling. Some of the biggest multiplats are having big differences (the extent isn't completely known). Notice the difference? Obviously good devs no longer getting good results?

2) Turn 10 are the exception not the rule. Forza's lacking a plethora of next gen features and is essentially a suped up last gen title. (Hence the last gen lighting, dodgy trees, less open race tracks than other titles etc...).

Pointing to one dev who's managed a 1080p title isn't the same as last gen where Cows could point to a plethora of equal ports and a handful of bad ones.

Get the difference?

One dev's done 1080p, lots lowers res on one system. VS Lots of equal last gen ports, a few significantly worse multiplats.

Don't buy it. I've owned a ps3 and 360 most of the gen, and the difference was slight. Its hypocritical non sense that doesn't matter anyway. I'll end up with both consoles as I have for the last two gens. I haven't missed anything. I just go by what Ive seen in my own experience with the consoles. Truth is nobody has done anything yet on the new consoles, there not out yet. Good talk, see you out there guy.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

@waltefmoney said:

Ryse is the best looking next gen game.

Um,no.........Killzone Shadow Fall is the best looking next gen game.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@@@

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Apparently the xbone is having real issues with displaying games in 1080p with the esram.

32MB ESRAM + DDR3 setup is less than ideal for general case workloads i.e. one has to "thread the needle" to extract performance out of 32MB ESRAM.

MS should have saved their 1.6 billion transistor ESRAM budget for ~20 CU GPU with on-chip-package 2GB GDDR5 MCM** and 8 GB DDR3 68 GB/s.

For general case workloads, 2GB GDDR5 with 192 GB/s would be better than 204 GB/s 32 MB ESRAM i.e. the programmer can be sloppy with texture streaming with 2GB GDDR5, which is not the case for 32 MB ESRAM.

** As use in laptop PCs and PC based embedded devices. MCM = Multi-chip-module.

-----

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TBTe

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($77.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Sentey CS1-1420 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $493.93 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-27 05:41 EDT-0400)

---

Radeon HD 7870 XT (24 CUs at 925Mhz with 975Mhz Turbo, 2.995 TFLOPS) > PS4's GCN (18 CUs at 800Mhz, 1.84 TFLOPS).

Market it as a close-box $499 Alienware type PC and name it Xbox Surface.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here:

"What's amusing is the original Xbox 1 did 720p/1080i, and both the PS3 and 360 had games at 1080p - none of which match the power of the Xbox One or PS4... and bringing the PC into the debate makes these sorts of arguments look even more ridiculous.

I guess resolution is great to argue about when there aren't many games to discuss?"

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#193 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

good thing im getting a ps4, got nothing to worry about

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@danabo said:

Posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here:

"What's amusing is the original Xbox 1 did 720p/1080i, and both the PS3 and 360 had games at 1080p - none of which match the power of the Xbox One or PS4... and bringing the PC into the debate makes these sorts of arguments look even more ridiculous.

I guess resolution is great to argue about when there aren't many games to discuss?"

I guess more damage control is relevant here because there is plenty of damage control and arguments trying to draw attention away from the facts going on here...

so yes show us more of the damage control going on in other threads about this issue.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@casharmy said:

I guess more damage control is relevant here because there is plenty of damage control and arguments trying to draw attention away from the facts going on here...

so yes show us more of the damage control going on in other threads about this issue.

lol > Wii U

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@shawn30 said:

720, 900, 1080.... if the games are great I won't care. But if its 1080p and sucks, I still won't want it. Having said that, exclusives, features, and Kinect are why I want the One. Looks great from what I have seen and actually played, but no doubt the PS4 is a more powerful graphics powerhouse. For the record I think the rumors are likely true. I wish MS would just admit it and then get on with the business of showing their games and optimizing the One for devs. I want Titanfall, Halo 5, and Quantum Break to be the best they can. But all this hiding resolutions and stuff, provided its true, is getting dumb. MS should make their stand on the quality of the games and not the damn resolution, IMHO.

Its you people I don't understand. I get the whole graphics don't mean much thing, and I would be totally fine if both ran at 720p. But the fact is that we have one console that costs 500 bucks and can only pump out 720p and another that does 1080p for 100 bucks less. it's like this gen, I picked the best version of a game, like Fallout on Xbox while getting Final Fantasy on PS3. This gen will be no different for me as I'm getting both. But when it comes to third party, I have BF4, CoD: Ghosts, ACIV, WatchDogs on preorder for PS4 and will pick up the PS4 versions of Dragon Age III, Witcher III and so forth.

I do agree with you that MS needs to stop this evasive tactic they have been doing. Just say it's 720p being upscaled to 1080p, let people know they have the DLC coming first and then show some more Forza, Ryse and Dead rising footage while talking more about whats planned for Halo 5. They need to sell their exclusive content, thats how the PS3 survived this gen and how Nintendo has survived the last several gens. MS needs to build up more of a brand name for themselves and should have taken respawn under their wing and never let bungie go. In fact they shouldn't have let Bioware go either, as it would have had a bigger effect on me.

I'm fine if the X1 can only do 720p for it's exclusive content, but I will have a PS4 for all the third party games that are going to run better on it. Them being evasive is only doing them harm, as their tactics are making me want to cancel my X1 preorder all together.Good thing for MS is that I love Forza just as much as Gran Turismo if not more.

I want continue the Tri-fecta of consoles this gen, but MS is making this harder for me so far.

Im with you, also a manticore last gen with most multiplats on 360... i am however gonna wait out the reports on PSN regarding multiplayer focused multiplats. BF3 ps3 version had a lot of problems (input lag, voip), so much that i still choose the 720p version over 900p, 1080p? Its close. Not even close to canceling my x1, too many good exclusives the first 2 years. If i where MS i would lock up Titanfall as an exclusive, get as many good exclusives as possible, if they cant compete on resolution, games is the only thing left to save them from a complete fiasco.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Remember when we used to refer to the next-gen Xbox as the Xbox 720? We were foreshadowing something and we didn't even know it.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Should be a lock on topics that claim "confirmation" only to contain zero confirmation.

The only thing confirmed here is that these systems need to come out already and twitter is for attention whores'.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@@@

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

32MB ESRAM + DDR3 setup is less than ideal for general case workloads i.e. one has to "thread the needle" to extract performance out of 32MB ESRAM.

MS should have saved their 1.6 billion transistor ESRAM budget for ~20 CU GPU with on-chip-package 2GB GDDR5 MCM** and 8 GB DDR3 68 GB/s.

For general case workloads, 2GB GDDR5 with 192 GB/s would be better than 204 GB/s 32 MB ESRAM i.e. the programmer can be sloppy with texture streaming with 2GB GDDR5, which is not the case for 32 MB ESRAM.

** As use in laptop PCs and PC based embedded devices. MCM = Multi-chip-module.

-----

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1TBTe

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($77.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Sentey CS1-1420 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $493.93 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-27 05:41 EDT-0400)

---

Radeon HD 7870 XT (24 CUs at 925Mhz with 975Mhz Turbo, 2.995 TFLOPS) > PS4's GCN (18 CUs at 800Mhz, 1.84 TFLOPS).

Market it as a close-box $499 Alienware type PC and name it Xbox Surface.

So you at last admit that ESRAM + DDR3 are a problem and not a solution on the xbox one.?

And now you abandon the xbox one ship and hop into your hermit suit again..hahaha

I guess that 720p vs 1080p thing really sacred you..hahaha