MONSTER RUMOUR! - Nintendo 'Fusion'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hanman9 (371 posts) -

http://gaminrealm.com/2014/01/21/nintendo-next-gen-system-specs/

Buckets of salt before required....

#2 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7256 posts) -

Buckets of salt for heaps of bullshit.

#3 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4835 posts) -

lol

#4 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

lol

#5 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4610 posts) -

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (29708 posts) -
#7 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24996 posts) -
#8 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26325 posts) -
#9 Edited by Desmonic (13517 posts) -
#10 Posted by hanman9 (371 posts) -

In 5-6 years, it could be affordable. Although i still think it's BS. Still, one can hope.

#11 Edited by silversix_ (14124 posts) -

That would be the first good Nintendo news since the rumors of Revolution back in 03 or whatever

#12 Posted by l34052 (3133 posts) -

Maybe internally they're working on the next console but they certainly wouldnt be releasing info like this just yet while the current console is only a year or so old .

#13 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6187 posts) -

This seems like a hype feeler they put out to see how much response they could drum up if it actually would come to be.

I think we would still be faced with the same Nintendo problems with devs scared to put a game out on it.

What do you think Peach?

#14 Edited by charizard1605 (56257 posts) -

LOL

#15 Edited by Heil68 (43594 posts) -
#16 Posted by osan0 (12644 posts) -

its complete nonsense..good for a laugh though :P.

#17 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

#18 Edited by Martin_G_N (1703 posts) -

Interesting specs, but with lots of holes in it. Nintendo is not capable of releasing a console this powerfull, not until 2020 at least. This is BS.

A powerfull GPU that needs a 500W+ powersupply is not gonna happen in a Nintendo console.

DDR4 as unified memory on a GPU that powerfull sounds weird, and only 4GB. Should be GDDR5 or 6 if available. The 2 GB DDR3 is for the WiiU I assume.

WiiU hardware for BC is just wasted costs.

PowerPC CPU does'nt sound smart if your goal is low power consumption. A complete APU solution from AMD would be smarter.

#19 Posted by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

Dude those specs kinda feel unreal, especially for Nintendo... of course you never know how much progress technology will make in like 4-5 years... but yea... those news are bullsh1t

#20 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6024 posts) -

Fake, though I must admit that controller concept is pretty damn awesome, and I can imagine that Nintendo's next generation system will likely feature a similarly designed controlled.

#21 Posted by mariokart64fan (19385 posts) -

@Martin_G_N: WHAT WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON , IF SONY AND CAN MAKE A CONSOLE THIS POWERFUL TODAY WHY CANT NINTENDO CARE TO EXPLAIN , THIS IS COMING 3 YRS FROM NOW THE USUAL 5 YR LIFE SPAN OF NINTENDO CONSOLES MIND YOU , SO WHY NOT? WHAT DOES IT SCARE YOU KNOWING YOUR BELOVED PS4 X1 HAVE 8 YRS ON THE MARKET LEAVING NINTENDO 5 more yrs and still theywill have a console out when the next ones come , is that what scares you to know what i said is actually about to happen ?

i ve been saying ms took to long w 360 along time ago , , now its gonna bite both them and sony in the long run , , , ,

this sounds about right 2-3 yes time wii 3 comes out , -wiiu will be 5 yrs by then , if ms and sony decide 8 yrs again to come up with ps5 and what ever , its their doing not nintendos , and frankly im all for it , i could use another console would be a nice substitute for ps4 if they just keep wiiu out and sell this for people who like the better visuals and such sell wiiu to those who dont care , and want games, either way , nintendos a step ahead now, thanks to the decision making on sony and ms last gen

#22 Posted by Desmonic (13517 posts) -

@Martin_G_N: WHAT WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON , IF SONY AND CAN MAKE A CONSOLE THIS POWERFUL TODAY WHY CANT NINTENDO CARE TO EXPLAIN , THIS IS COMING 3 YRS FROM NOW THE USUAL 5 YR LIFE SPAN OF NINTENDO CONSOLES MIND YOU , SO WHY NOT? WHAT DOES IT SCARE YOU KNOWING YOUR BELOVED PS4 X1 HAVE 8 YRS ON THE MARKET LEAVING NINTENDO 5 more yrs and still theywill have a console out when the next ones come , is that what scares you to know what i said is actually about to happen ?

i ve been saying ms took to long w 360 along time ago , , now its gonna bite both them and sony in the long run , , , ,

this sounds about right 2-3 yes time wii 3 comes out , -wiiu will be 5 yrs by then , if ms and sony decide 8 yrs again to come up with ps5 and what ever , its their doing not nintendos , and frankly im all for it , i could use another console would be a nice substitute for ps4 if they just keep wiiu out and sell this for people who like the better visuals and such sell wiiu to those who dont care , and want games, either way , nintendos a step ahead now, thanks to the decision making on sony and ms last gen

...I.....I don't even......wut?

Reading this felt like watching someone walk towards their own insanity. This isn't even trolling, this is just....f*ck I don't even know what this is, but it's bad. Like addicted to harcore drugs bad.

Dafuq....

#23 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24996 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@mariokart64fan said:

...I.....I don't even......wut?

Reading this felt like watching someone walk towards their own insanity. This isn't even trolling, this is just....f*ck I don't even know what this is, but it's bad. Like addicted to harcore drugs bad.

Dafuq....

Dude he's been off the deep end for awhile now. let him have his fun.

#24 Posted by Desmonic (13517 posts) -

Dude he's been off the deep end for awhile now. let him have his fun.

Yeah, it would seem like it :S

Ah well...regardless it's too soon for us to even think about next-gen consoles. This gen has barely started.

#25 Edited by superbuuman (2705 posts) -
#26 Posted by jhcho2 (4380 posts) -

Unfortunately, assuming this news is accurate, Nintendo won't be able to release this for at least another 4 years, unless they intend to screw over all those who bought a Wii U. And if that were the case, it would be very entertaining indeed

#27 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8654 posts) -

It is full of salts, but I kind of like where the next handheld will be. Then again, they need it to be cheap, efficient, and fun so I'm expecting PSVita like specs for under $200 for the next handheld and dropped 3D all together.

#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

I thought this was something about Metroid Fusion HD or something. Now that would have been awesome.

#29 Edited by Ghost120x (3751 posts) -

I think the next handheld specs will be close to what the vita is offering now, which isn't a bad thing.

#30 Edited by Epak_ (6765 posts) -

I hope Nintendo would do something radical, like release a beastly console to compete with PS4 and Xbone.

#31 Posted by emgesp (2104 posts) -

6GB's of ram in a console coming out in 3 yrs time? Yeah, that totally makes sense. LOL, only an idiot would believe this rumor.

#32 Edited by _Matt_ (8876 posts) -

At least put some effort into thinking up the codenames to make it seem more legit.

Could not stop laughing at the dodgy codenames. And the specs are amusing too.

#33 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5149 posts) -

Good for the TC for linking Shokio's site, and not that fraud site that plagiarized the article from them.

You do realize that Sony has already said that the PS4 is not going to last as long as the PS3 and they arent going to wait 7 years to announce PS5 right?

#34 Posted by sailor232 (4469 posts) -

Remember Nintendo never learn from their mistakes, look forward to another under powered system with a different controller that only suites Nintendo's first party. I'm expecting something similar to the Xbox One for Nintendo's next gen device but with maybe less ram, 6gigs ddr3, still no hard drive.

#35 Posted by lglz1337 (3226 posts) -

sheep still alive ?

#36 Posted by remiks00 (1732 posts) -

Preorder Canceled

#37 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2754 posts) -

How much is the real question here and will it have 3rd party support??

How about the online part ??

How about the hard drive ??

Will is have a wild control setup ??

These are the questions that nintendo has gotten wrong in the past. Unless the leadership is changed I doubt the right choices will be made on these important issues.

#38 Edited by DocSanchez (1576 posts) -

The same rumours about how Wii U was going to be all powerful etc etc etc?

I've heard them all before. It's not going to happen.

#39 Posted by AtariKidX (6211 posts) -

It's not going to happen.........because this it will be the end of the WiiU.

#40 Edited by Martin_G_N (1703 posts) -

Okey!!? First of, Nintendo's priorities will have to change if this will in fact be the next Nintendo console within a few years. Secondly, looking at the previous Nintendo consoles, they're tech department is a joke. Nintendo had no problems this gen to make a console as powerfull as the PS4 and X1, since they are not as technically advanced for it's time like the X360 and PS3 was. But no way is Nintendo capable, or willing to make a console 3 times as powerfull within the next 3-5 years.

#41 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

lol @ "gaminrealm.com" breaking some news.

TC, is that your website you're trying to generate clicks on?

#42 Posted by Giancar (19051 posts) -

lol @ "gaminrealm.com" breaking some news.

TC, is that your website you're trying to generate clicks on?

TBH, I saw it posted first in Neogaf, maybe TC stole the story? Anyways, lulzy story.

Btw, I think mariokart64fan needs a SW hug, lets give him some! =)

#43 Edited by hanman9 (371 posts) -

@Giancar: Actually....... The original specs report came from Gaminrealm.com, then submitted to N4G.com by Shokio. Nintendonews.com then blantantly plagiarised the article claiming the material came from their own sources.... Claiming the credit and the clicks.

Here's Shokio's proof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCJFIgsybYw