Monster Hunter Portable 3 Spotted for PSV ... Vita to Dominant 3DS in Japan

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KevinButlerVP (2378 posts) -

Monster Hunter Portable 3 for the Vita just appeared on Play.com. if it actually is coming out, this means that the vita will probably end up dominating the 3DS in Japan.

Not only that, but With COD coming out in America, I don't see how any other handheld will be on the same level as the PSV. The tables are about to turn in the Vita's favor.

http://playstationlifestyl*net/2012/03/06/playstation-vita-version-of-monster-hunter-portable-3-appears-on-play-com/

#2 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -
isn't it already out on 3ds? idk if it will do any thing for sony now.
#3 Posted by xYamatox (5180 posts) -

As much as I want Vita to sell well, I doubt two games are going to make much of a difference. Monster Hunter is also coming on the 3DS, and I don't think American audiences will care enough about a CoD handheld.

#4 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -
...a better version of that game is on 3DS as is Monster Hunter 4, what was your point again?
#5 Posted by KevinButlerVP (2378 posts) -
isn't it already out on 3ds? idk if it will do any thing for sony now.eboyishere
Vita has dual analog sticks, even though there is an add-on for the 3DS, it is really unconformable and awkward to hold
#6 Posted by Giancar (19069 posts) -

what´s the point to hype MH games besides sales?

Don´t take me wrong, but thos egames are soooo boringgg :P

#8 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

Isnt MHP3 already out on PSP in japan?

#9 Posted by ispeakfact (5218 posts) -
Sony domination continuation.
#10 Posted by JohnF111 (14105 posts) -
How is it retailers get this info before anyone else? I wouldn't mind a Monster Hunter game though I want to see what the Japanese see in the franchise.
#11 Posted by super600 (30865 posts) -

zarshack

TC has been severly owned.:lol:

#12 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -
Old news. Isn't portable 3rd a psp game? 3DS is getting MH4 anyways so who cares?
#13 Posted by xYamatox (5180 posts) -

Giancar

I'd expect nothing less from a brony...

#14 Posted by KevinButlerVP (2378 posts) -
Old news. Isn't portable 3rd a psp game? 3DS is getting MH4 anyways so who cares? Kaszilla
DUAL ANALOG STICK better graphics too, way better than the pixelated stuff on the 3DS
#15 Posted by Giancar (19069 posts) -

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

xYamatox

I'd expect nothing less from a brony...

#16 Posted by DireOwl (3350 posts) -

Yeah right. Vita has little hope of surpassing the 3DS in western countries, let alone Japan. It seems these past few years Nintendo is in a higher league than Sony.

#17 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
A port of the psp game? Yup, that will beat out MH3G and MH4 on the 3DS. Still, not the best evidence i've seen, but should make the conference on the 9th interesting.
#18 Posted by caryslan2 (2128 posts) -

Monster Hunter Portable 3 for the Vita just appeared on Play.com. if it actually is coming out, this means that the vita will probably end up dominating the 3DS in Japan.

Not only that, but With COD coming out in America, I don't see how any other handheld will be on the same level as the PSV. The tables are about to turn in the Vita's favor.

http://playstationlifestyl*net/2012/03/06/playstation-vita-version-of-monster-hunter-portable-3-appears-on-play-com/

KevinButlerVP

You apparently forgot(or ignored) the fact that the 3DS is getting Monster Hunter 4. Also, did you forget that series like Pokemon will eventually arrive in Japan?

Things don't suddenly change just because the Vita gets one Monster Hunter game. If Monster Hunter 3G and Monster Hunter 4 both sell better then Portable 3, then there's a good chance Capcom will focus their efforts on the 3DS.

It might change things, but Monster Hunter is not done on the 3DS yet. One other thing, COD is a wildcard on handhelds. Outside the PS3 and 360 versions, the recent COD games have not posted insane numbers on platforms like the Wii, PC and DS. They sell decently on those systems, but the bulk of COD's sales are on the 360 and PS3. Just because its COD does not guarantee it will sell the Vita.

#19 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11204 posts) -

Isnt this old news? Its a port of the PSP game of the same name with HD graphics or the PSN release. Sony said before it would be coming to the PS Vita. Kind of a poor effort unless its no longer just a port and now a expansion, which I doubt.
So yeah....

#20 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

zarshack
Yes it is. And in fact, on PS3 as well with piss poor upscale, which got it bashed so badly. If anything, it will be a port of a poor upscaled version of MHP3, and will be lacking in contents compared to MHP3G which is on 3DS. EDIT: nvm, the one on 3DS is MH3G. But still, this means literally nothing.
#21 Posted by Eponique (17859 posts) -

zarshack
:o I forgot about that. The Vita is supposed to get Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G for this to be ownage.
[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Old news. Isn't portable 3rd a psp game? 3DS is getting MH4 anyways so who cares? KevinButlerVP
DUAL ANALOG STICK better graphics too, way better than the pixelated stuff on the 3DS

Vita isn't getting MHP3 in Japan because PSP already got it, so the Vita isn't going to dominate anything. Not many people care about MH in the West and the 3DS is getting the latest installments in the game (MH3G, MH4). Thread fail.
#22 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -
[QUOTE="eboyishere"]isn't it already out on 3ds? idk if it will do any thing for sony now.KevinButlerVP
Vita has dual analog sticks, even though there is an add-on for the 3DS, it is really unconformable and awkward to hold

Same goes for those tiny sticks on Vita I'm pretty sure this is a posting error for the website, I can't get the page up anymore.
#24 Posted by omho88 (3967 posts) -

The Vita needs a new monster hunter ... actually it dereves a new one .... people should get over old ports.

#25 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

3DS already has MH3G and has MH4 on the way.

#26 Posted by supa_badman (16655 posts) -

This game with dual analogs would be GLORIOUS.

#27 Posted by trugs26 (5753 posts) -

Desperate thread.

#28 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
[QUOTE="eboyishere"]isn't it already out on 3ds? idk if it will do any thing for sony now.KevinButlerVP

$250 for dual analogues? Naw I don't see many people doing it, but I will expect a slight sales bump for Vita.
#29 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2446 posts) -
So is this AtariKid's alt account??
#30 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

A port of an old game thats inferior to BOTH of the 3DS monster hunters may keep it from dipping below 10k a week, if just barely :P

#31 Posted by KBFloYd (14423 posts) -

a port of a psp game updated with analog sticks and graphics...

it will sell...but not like a new game..maybe it will beat the 3ds on release week...maybe..

#32 Posted by Blabadon (27702 posts) -
I'm thinking Sony finally learned their lesson in some way this generation. But I really need to get some more games for my 3DS, I don't have any big hitters for it either. :(
#33 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7316 posts) -
Doesn't really matter since the 3DS already has it plus the PSV is flopping in Japan.
#34 Posted by Slashless (10101 posts) -

A PSP port is what will push Vita into dominating the 3DS.

Lolkay good one.

#35 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25996 posts) -

Your "Dual Analog Sticks" argument is invalid since Monster Hunter Tri G pratically Bundled with a Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS.

3DS now has a "Second Stick". Plus it's a PSP game what difference would it make? With Monster Hunter 4 coming out why would you even bother?

#36 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11543 posts) -
Not much when the 3DS gets the main installment :wink:
#37 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11981 posts) -

Isn't the 3DS getting Monster Hunter 4 exclusively?

#38 Posted by shinrabanshou (8458 posts) -

Only MHP4th would be newsworthy.

#39 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

super600

TC has been severly owned.:lol:

Its good news for the vita, but I doubt it would mean total dominance. :P
#40 Posted by Bigboi500 (30426 posts) -

TC is spouting personal opinion as "facts" for why Vita will "Dominant" 3DS in Japan? :? :? :? :?

#41 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
portable 3rd, a limited version of MH3, versus monster hunter 3G (an expansion of MH3) and MH4. good luck with that.
#42 Posted by shinrabanshou (8458 posts) -

portable 3rd, a limited version of MH3, versus monster hunter 3G (an expansion of MH3) and MH4. good luck with that.BrunoBRS

A Portable 3rd G expansion would sell.

Portable 3rd HD, not so much.

#43 Posted by Tessellation (8807 posts) -
he forgot to take his daily pill..poor living in fantasy land...
#44 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]portable 3rd, a limited version of MH3, versus monster hunter 3G (an expansion of MH3) and MH4. good luck with that.shinrabanshou

A Portable 3rd G expansion would sell.

Portable 3rd HD, not so much.

the portable series doesn't have underwater combat. the big change MH3 implemented, and they didn't add it. because it was a PSP game. that's getting ported to every sony system possible in an attempt to keep the japanese fanbase with them.
#45 Posted by WiiMan21 (8189 posts) -

If it's only a port then it's not good, but I bet they're saving the real MH game for E3.

#46 Posted by Fire_Emblem_RD (9611 posts) -

KevinButlerVP
You forget that Nintendo has pokemon.
#47 Posted by Eponique (17859 posts) -
[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]

Fire_Emblem_RD

And 2D Mario. :o
#48 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fire_Emblem_RD"][QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]

Eponique

And 2D Mario. :o

I'm just going to put it out there that people shouldn't say nintendo has Poke'mon until it actually releases on 3DS. They are already stalling by making B/W2 on the DS. They may never give us a full 3D poke'mon which would be the only reason you need to have a 3DS.

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (59745 posts) -

A port of a game already available on the PSP, PS3, and heck even the Vita via backwards compatibility will help the vita dominate over the 3DS?

:lol:

Boy, are you cows deliciously delusional.

#50 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

A port f a game already available on the PSP, PS3, and heck even the Vita via backwards compatibility will help the vita dominate over the 3DS? :lol: Boy, are you cows deliciously delusional. charizard1605
most likely TC didn't even know it was out in japan already, seems like PS Lifestyle didn't know either with that article. TC obviously doesn't care about the game in terms of wanting to play it himself and just thought it was some sort of ownage, which got him owned by his lack of actual knowlage. :lol: