Molyneux says Kinect is an unnecessary addon

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

What's hypocritical about that? You can like something and still see it as an unnecessary add on, I like onion rings, but if McDonalds started including them in every meal and bumped the price up I'd still think it was a dumb move.

Not to steer this topic off course, but why is everyone's go to dining reference on this board McDonald's?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@bobbetybob said:

What's hypocritical about that? You can like something and still see it as an unnecessary add on, I like onion rings, but if McDonalds started including them in every meal and bumped the price up I'd still think it was a dumb move.

Not to steer this topic off course, but why is everyone's go to dining reference on this board McDonald's?

not only dining, but the enjoyment of the finest cuisine, enjoyment of the culinary arts.

"I'd like one Big Mac a la carte please"

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I'm sure cows will now think he is wise.

@kuu2 said:

Molyneux is now relevant to Cows??????

Shocking..........

Why does he have reason to say lie? He was the one who left M$; he wasn't fired. He was probably forced to create Fable The Journey because M$ needed some big names backing the peripheral. After all, who is better to comment on the Kinect than someone who has made games using it and not using it.

This sounds like honest opinion, not the old garbage that he was paid to say.

If he said Kinect is an important part of the Xbox One and it would be bad move to remove it would you say the same thing? Highly doubt it.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@kuu2 said:

Shocking..........

Why does he have reason to say lie? He was the one who left M$; he wasn't fired. He was probably forced to create Fable The Journey because M$ needed some big names backing the peripheral. After all, who is better to comment on the Kinect than someone who has made games using it and not using it.

If he said Kinect is an important part of the Xbox One and it would be bad move to remove it would you say the same thing? Highly doubt it.

No, because then I'd know he was crazy. This statement is rational and therefore leads me to believe he knows what he is talking about.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@kuu2 said:

Shocking..........

No, because then I'd know he was crazy. This statement is rational and therefore leads me to believe he knows what he is talking about.

lol because he's agreeing with you.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

He was working under Microsoft when he was praising Kinect, he had no choice but to think of kinect in a positive light. Now, since he's free from Microsoft, of course he's going to be truthful now.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

That's funny, when Kinect's biggest cheer leader (and major Kinect developer) of the past is speaking out against it, you know Microsoft is in trouble.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@IgGy621985:

Wow man. You must really like Xbox. It's all you talk about.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@clone01 said:

@IgGy621985:

Wow man. You must really like Xbox. It's all you talk about.

Care to explain?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By clone01

@IgGy621985:

What's there to explain. You obsess over it on these forums. Kind of sad one would have such an unhealthy attachment to a piece of plastic.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 IgGy621985

@clone01 said:

@IgGy621985:

What's there to explain. You obsess over it on these forums. Kind of sad one would have such an unhealthy attachment to a piece of plastic.

I'm really not sure whether you're joking or you're really serious, but where exactly did you see I'm obsessed over Xbox on these forums? :-/

90% of the time I write about PC games and PC gaming, and I actually want to purchase PS4 instead of Xbox One.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 clone01

@IgGy621985:

Actually, my apologies. You are correct. I'm thinking of another troll user with a name similar to yours. Carry on. My bad.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 IgGy621985

@clone01: No probs mate.

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

YES **** KINECT!

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CrownKingArthur

hilarious

Loading Video...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CrownKingArthur

whoa shit, silent bob already put that in the op. well, i guess that's a different kind of funny. project milo vid is very highly recommended watching, especially after reading old pete's comments on kinect today.

no honour.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@getyeryayasout:

You might have a point if this doof didn't have a history of claiming whatever he was working on was god's own gift to gamers, and then trashing it later.

This guy claims that if Godus fails God Games will fail, and he did so after he screwed up Populous. It is such a simple freaking premise to, which was half of it's charm. The game is like seven months late and it doesn't even have enemies. The main game might not even include enemies. Enemies might only be part of a mini game. This is after the atrocity that was Curiosity. PM is the antithesis of credibility. He is only famous because he spouts such outlandish nonsense it is guaranteed to cause an uproar and generate farmable clicks for tabloid gaming media.

Thank The Keeper Subterranean has more affection for his legacy then he does. Gaming would be best off if he moved on to hawk advanced sponge technology on the home shopping network, and allowed fans to revitalize the tattered glory of Bullfrog.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Can't believe he's saying this. lol Of all people.

Right now, including Kinect seems like a bad choice but I think it will pay off in the end.

Through, gaming wise, I still think it's bad.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@getyeryayasout: Based on what?

I mean seriously, The Curiosity cube tried to get people to spend thousands of dollars to chase a "life changing prize" that turned out to be a small piece of the micro-transaction pie in Godus. Godus is a crowed funded game he pitched with no mention of 'Pay to reduce the god awful tedium" micro-transactions, and the community found out about their inclusion via the curiosity cube prize. On top of that, Godus has a twenty dollar price tag, and has managed to only add "8%" to the game in the past six months (which is a bald faced lie, given that it has removed features, like enemies) dispite the fact that the game is seven months late.

And the fun part? He is attacking EA over the micro-transaction in DK mobile.

Seriously, can you give me one valid reason why you think he has a shred of credibility?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 CrownKingArthur

@getyeryayasout: i know! but both times he was peter molyneux!

i just find this kind of thing hilarious.

yeah of course one can change their mind, but if i were molyneux i wouldn't go to press with something like this.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By IgGy621985

@CrownKingArthur said:

whoa shit, silent bob already put that in the op. well, i guess that's a different kind of funny. project milo vid is very highly recommended watching, especially after reading old pete's comments on kinect today.

no honour.

The best part of the video is how Pete emphasizes the project to the fucking roof, and now he says this crap :-D

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Give this man a break! It's not his fault that his company was bought by MS, and as a former game developer for the company, he was forced to do PR talk to get paid. Sadly Project Milo was never released, and was probably in development hell and now that he's free from MS, he is free to speak whatever he please, only this time he isn't getting paid for it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

hard to disagree when kinect is such shit for gaming applications

i don't think they will release a kinectless sku though.

too bad.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

I agree it made the One more expensive and deviated resources from making a more powerful and capable machine. Now it is forever attached to kinect which half-works and the PS4 is cheaper and better.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

How has Molyneux ever been relevant??

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

Kinect was garbage before MS bought it. Why do you think both Sony and Nintendo passed on the gimmick? LOL. I said MS would focus on Kinect this generation and they made a mistake. Have fun talking on Skype for $500 dollars.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Molyneux is crazy, but he's right. Kinect has largely been a useless gimmick. The best value of the Kinect isn't even gaming related. And why the hell would I use voice commands/gestures over a remote which is more efficient, to feel like I'm in Minority Report? The games have all sucked. There hasn't been an amazing gaming use of Kinect yet. Microsoft likes to cling to failures though. Bing, Windows Phone, Kinect. All on the same level.