MOH: Warfighter - Basilan Single Player Gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

Gameplay

Glad to see they're keeping the same pacing from the original MOH, which I think had one of the best paced single player campaigns this gen.

#2 Posted by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

Another FPS military game.......cool..........

Let me guess, standard run of the mill online game modes, 6 hr single player campaign, and maybe a terrible survival mode thrown in?

#3 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10675 posts) -

Gameplay

Running on the 360 and it looks pretty good.

Glad to see they're keeping the same pacing from the original MOH, which I think had one of the best paced single player campaigns this gen.

AcidSoldner

I didn't know that the Xbox 360 can render such an amazing looking game native at 1080p.

Danger Close must have unlocked the hidden super power of Xenos and Xenon. WOOOOW

-----------

Danger Close has only shown PC footage of this game and this trailer just keeps doing that.

#4 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]

Gameplay

Running on the 360 and it looks pretty good.

ShadowDeathX

I didn't know that the Xbox 360 can render such an amazing looking game native at 1080p.

Danger Close must have unlocked the hidden super power of Xenos and Xenon. WOOOOW

-----------

Danger Close has only shown PC footage of this game and this trailer just keeps doing that.

Is it? I watched it on my crappy laptop, so no HD, and from the button prompts I just assumed it was 360.

My bad :P

#5 Posted by finalstar2007 (25301 posts) -

1 Month after release and this game will be at $20

#6 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Poor animations.
#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8208 posts) -

finalstar2007
Yeah, but it's still better than Call of Dooty.
#8 Posted by a92fernandez (122 posts) -

This game is barely worth a rental.

#9 Posted by finalstar2007 (25301 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

speedfreak48t5p

Nope.. nice try tho.. nothing beats CoD

Go play the first MoH then tell me if its really good, you'll be lucky to move for 1 minute without getting sniped, MoH is actually Snipe of Honor.

#10 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -
this looks like another cinematic run of the mill military FPS I better wait for Arma 3. now this will be true military game.
#11 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Looks terrible, the gameplay feels generic, completely uninspired and unoriginal, all seen before in CoD games...

Then there are the visuals, they look just as bad, empty, bland, and further degraded by that annoying blue-ish filter. There's simply no redeeming factors to what I just saw, just EA desperately trying to grab a piece of the CoD's pie by copying its elements...

But with a product like this, good luck to them. BO2 will kill Warfigher in sales...

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="speedfreak48t5p"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Nope.. nice try tho.. nothing beats CoD

Go play the first MoH then tell me if its really good, you'll be lucky to move for 1 minute without getting sniped, MoH is actually Snipe of Honor.

I played the original. Generic as a shooter can get. Even that was better than MW3.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

A by the numbers gameplay sequence. Enter a room, kill all the props and rinse repeat

Also Frostbyte 2 has some pretty fugly water. In BF3 it's the same

#14 Posted by murat8 (10358 posts) -
Not a big fan of military single player games but, that does look pretty nice.
#15 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

A by the numbers gameplay sequence. Enter a room, kill all the props and rinse repeat

Also Frostbyte 2 has some pretty fugly water. In BF3 it's the same

seanmcloughlin

Everything else looks good graphically at least.

#16 Posted by Jebus213 (8893 posts) -

Looks terrible, the gameplay feels generic, completely uninspired and unoriginal, all seen before in CoD games...

Then there are the visuals, they look just as bad, empty, bland, and further degraded by that annoying blue-ish filter. There's simply no redeeming factors to what I just saw, just EA desperately trying to grab a piece of the CoD's pie by copying its elements...

But with a product like this, good luck to them. BO2 will kill Warfigher in sales...

Rocker6
But......MoH came before Cawa Dooty and stories based on real lifes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#17 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Rocker6

MOH: 1999

COD: 2003

Lol.

#18 Posted by Jebus213 (8893 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

mitu123

Lol.

and look at what they've been trying to do since 2010... MoH coming before CoD is pretty much irrelevant at this point since the series has taken a completely different direction....
#19 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16589 posts) -

My biggest complaints about Medel of Honor 2010 was the complete lack of story until the endgame, and the TERRIBLY buggy scripting problems.

#20 Posted by 2Chalupas (5157 posts) -

My biggest complaints about Medel of Honor 2010 was the complete lack of story until the endgame, and the TERRIBLY buggy scripting problems.

JangoWuzHere

Also the fact that it was only 3 hours long. It has to be one of the shortest campaigns of the gen.

#21 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

2Chalupas

Also the fact that it was only 3 hours long. It has to be one of the shortest campaigns of the gen.

Battleship is shorter.

#22 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

mitu123

Lol.

I'm well aware of that, but how is it relevant?

I'm commenting on current market trends...

Both MoH 2010 and Warfighter (judging by the shown footage and info) are heavily inspired by modern CoD games, copying many of their elements as an attempt to compete. Today, when someone says MoH, older installments like Allied Assault are the last thing on my mind, honestly...

#23 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

mitu123

Lol.

Moh AA was the first MOH with the COD like big set pieces. Devs of that game went on to form IW and made COD.
#24 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -
and this game is market as "authentic". lol WTF??
#25 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Lol.

Both MoH 2010 and Warfighter (judging by the shown footage and info) are heavily inspired by modern CoD games, copying many of their elements as an attempt to compete. Today, when someone says MoH, older installments like Allied Assault are the last thing on my mind, honestly...

Damn, you outsmarted me!

#26 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] MOH: 1999

Lol.

mitu123

Damn, you outsmarted me!

I'd write up a witty response, but I'm too tired, so I'll just settle by saying "great"! :P

#27 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
*yawn* Boring gameplay. I don't see why someone who likes a great military FPS should spend $60 for this inferior version of COD.
#28 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -
*yawn* Boring gameplay. I don't see why someone who likes a great military FPS should spend $60 for this inferior version of COD.Zensword
No one should ever pay that much for such a generic campaign (CoD or otherwise) period. I'm sure the MP will be decent but still not worth the full price of admission.
#29 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
looks to be and play just like the bf3 campaign... guess its going to suck like that and the first one.
#30 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

The more sober approach to warfare is kinda cool in MoH, though the first game (as in the 2010 one) had severaly limited gameplay. I'm hoping the linerity isn't as heavy handed this time round. The gunplay looks pretty good, courtesy of Frostbite 2.

In the end, looks better than I though, but still not that interesting.

#31 Posted by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -

I enjoyed the campaign in first MOH much more than I thought I would. It started pretty weak, but after a while it became really good. The map where you hide behing small house and have to repell the huge invasion is still one of the very best set pieces in FPSes this gen. THe latter missions were all excellent too and the ending was pretty damn suprising. Plus it had great realistic atmosphere (unlike COD), despite still being at core a full arcade experience. As a whole it wasn't anything special and was too short, but I had fun with it and hope to have it again with sequel.

#32 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

love the first MoH.

This one looks even better.

#33 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I enjoyed the campaign in first MOH much more than I thought I would. It started pretty weak, but after a while it became really good. The map where you hide behing small house and have to repell the huge invasion is still one of the very best set pieces in FPSes this gen. THe latter missions were all excellent too and the ending was pretty damn suprising. Plus it had great realistic atmosphere (unlike COD), despite still being at core a full arcade experience. As a whole it wasn't anything special and was too short, but I had fun with it and hope to have it again with sequel.

AdrianWerner

Hah, every time someone brings up MOH campaing, they mention that invasion part. I thought the campaign sucked, but yeah, I loved that moment, a great setpiece indeed...

Sadly, besides it, I saw nothing notable or memorable, so one good moment couldn't save the whole game...

#34 Posted by o0squishy0o (2764 posts) -

and this game is market as "authentic". lol WTF??SNIPER4321
Its embarrassing they show real life "snipers" whose actual role in the armed forces would bore the hell out of a gamer. RL: Lie in a hole for days and lie in your own **** : MOH - *camp* for 5 mins, jump off a roof, do a tripple back flip and headshot someone. Must say I am completely fooled by it..

#35 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

Looks okay. Still have it on pre-order.

#36 Posted by CTR360 (7112 posts) -
maybe i buy it this christmas looks good
#37 Posted by G-O-A-T (244 posts) -

god it looks so boring

#38 Posted by koospetoors (3245 posts) -

Another FPS military game.......cool..........

Let me guess, standard run of the mill online game modes, 6 hr single player campaign, and maybe a terrible survival mode thrown in?

ristactionjakso
But didn't you know, they're trying to make this one better by interviewing military personnel and giving the guns real names! So its not just your mediocre 6 hour campaign, run of the mill online military shooter with a survival mode thrown in, its a more realistic standard 6 hour campaign, run of the mill online military shooter with a survival mode thrown in. Now buy the damn game, EA needs your money, all of it!
#39 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I'm going to wait for reviews on this one, the last was a disappointment.

#40 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (780 posts) -
I guess I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed it and am looking forward to picking this up in October.
#41 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -
I want it, I don't know but it just seems far more solid than CoD to me, same goes for Bad Company, I just enjoy those games much more than CoD. I'm no EA fanboy but it seems they're actually paying attention to how games should be made, the soldiers themselves telling other soldiers that Generals make bad decisions is pretty good.