MLB The Show - another great Sony exclusive

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45060 Posts

Where's the love for this franchise? It's been consistently awesome since its existence. I know it's baseball, but a fun game nonetheless! Also, since MLB 2K is gone, it's the only baseball game on the market.

PS4: 1 X1: 0

PS3: 1 360: 0

VIta: 1 3DS: 0

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

...not exclusive

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Not a fan of sports games but that's great for people that want it.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Kinect Sports Rivals will smash it.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

It's the main reason I own a playstation 4. its the reason I bought a ps3 too even though the 360 was better for everything else minus bluray and some of the ps3 exclusives. now not so much. the ps4 is better at everything and plus I have mlb the show so no reason to own two consoles this gen for me.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

Thread says "Sony Exclusive." It is a Sony exclusive, as it comes exclusively to Sony platforms. I think clicking on System Wars releases a chemical that makes people forget what words mean.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Hopefully it's better than last years

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

Thread says "Sony Exclusive." It is a Sony exclusive, as it comes exclusively to Sony platforms. I think clicking on System Wars releases a chemical that makes people forget what words mean.

I thought it was established that there is no company exclusive? It's either exclusive or it's not. No such thing as MS exclusive or Sony exclusive, at least that's what I thought was established years ago.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@kingtito said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

I thought it was established that there is no company exclusive? It's either exclusive or it's not. No such thing as MS exclusive or Sony exclusive, at least that's what I thought was established years ago.

And for the first time.... We agree on something..This game isn't exclusive.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

Nobody cares about 'Sony exclusives' plus it doesn't count. Otherwise people can say then for games on Windows and Xbox that it's a Microsoft exclusive.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@kingtito said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

Exclusive -- an exclusive right or privilege.

Sony has an exclusive right to MLB The Show, as they both own the company that makes it and the IP, itself.

Titanfall on the other hand is not owned by Microsoft, and it can also be played on PC's that aren't developed by Microsoft. EA and Respawn have stated the sequels will most likely come to ps4. But the first TItanfall is exclusively run on Microsoft operating systems, so it can be considered a Microsoft exclusive.

It's correct to call MLB The Show a Sony exclusive, but it would be incorrect to call it a ps4 exclusive, just like it's correct to call Titanfall a Microsoft exclusive (assuming it can't be run on Linux or Mac, I believe it's only run on Windows or Xbox), but it would be incorrect to call it an Xbox One exclusive.

It may have been argued in another way, but if so, the word has been used incorrectly.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

And for the first time.... We agree on something..This game isn't exclusive.

It is exclusive to Sony platforms, just like the thread says. That's the meaning of the word. It's not a ps4 exclusive, and it would be wrong to call it that, but that topic creator didn't say that. He used the word correctly.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

What was wrong with last years?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@W1NGMAN- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Nothing...at least not as he is implying.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

So does everybody who owns a Xbox console, Nintendo console or handheld, or PC also own at least one Sony platform that they can play the game on? Furthermore, the game isn't identical on all platforms.

I understand System War's asinine definition of exclusive, but it doesn't change the fact that you won't be playing the game on anything but a Sony platform. To me that's good enough to call it an exclusive. I didn't make the dumb rules of the board though. I don't really participate in the stupid meta game.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

Kinect Sports Rivals will smash it.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

So does everybody who owns a Xbox console, Nintendo console or handheld, or PC also own at least one Sony platform that they can play the game on? Furthermore, the game isn't identical on all platforms.

I understand System War's asinine definition of exclusive, but it doesn't change the fact that you won't be playing the game on anything but a Sony platform. To me that's good enough to call it an exclusive. I didn't make the dumb rules of the board though. I don't really participate in the stupid meta game.

I guess it's only the moderators that are allowed to use their brains. Last time I checked with Merriam-Webster, they sadly informed me Gamespot System Wars didn't have authority to change the definition of a word.

Now, on the other hand, citing MLB 14 as a reason the ps4 is superior isn't a valid argument against the Xbox One because it's not exclusive to that specific platform, just like TItanfall isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

But, like the thread states, it is exclusive to Sony platforms. That is irrefutable fact. Thank you, Wasdie, I thought I was the only reasonable person in this thread.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MonsieurX

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

In that sense,should we consider 360,X1 and PC(since there's barely any games that is playing on a mac\linux) Microsoft Exclusives?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

It is exclusive to Sony platforms, just like the thread says. That's the meaning of the word. It's not a ps4 exclusive, and it would be wrong to call it that, but that topic creator didn't say that. He used the word correctly.

No man there is no such thing as company exclusive the term here is not valid that is all,i say the same thing to lemmings who claiming that Titanfall is MS exclusive because you need a 360,xbox one or PC which runs windows.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@MonsieurX said:

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

In that sense,should we consider 360,X1 and PC(since there's barely any games that is playing on a mac\linux) Microsoft Exclusives?

Assuming you can't run Titanfall on Mac or Linux, Titanfall is exclusive to Microsoft platforms, as it can only run on an OS published by Microsoft.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

I guess it's only the moderators that are allowed to use their brains. Last time I checked with Merriam-Webster, they sadly informed me Gamespot System Wars didn't have authority to change the definition of a word.

Now, on the other hand, citing MLB 14 as a reason the ps4 is superior isn't a valid argument against the Xbox One because it's not exclusive to that specific platform, just like TItanfall isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

But, like the thread states, it is exclusive to Sony platforms. That is irrefutable fact. Thank you, Wasdie, I thought I was the only reasonable person in this thread.

This is absolutely nothing to do with being smart or using your brains. This has been discussed many times and it was decided a long time ago that company exlcusive doesn't exist in SWs. Don't be such a pompas ass dude.

These rules have been in place a long time even if you decide not to use them. It doesn't mean those that do aren't allowed.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@tormentos: @MonsieurX: Personally I don't really count the PC games as directly competing against the consoles when it comes to games. The vast majority of the market isn't ever going to consider building a PC to play games. I consider them two separate markets. The high sales of the PS4 and the Xbox One (it is selling well despite being behind the PS4) as proof that the markets are separate. So go ahead. However I don't make the rules here, I just think the ones we have are dumb but it's what everybody ended up agreeing on.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@kingtito said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

This is absolutely nothing to do with being smart or using your brains. This has been discussed many times and it was decided a long time ago that company exlcusive doesn't exist in SWs. Don't be such a pompas ass dude.

These rules have been in place a long time even if you decide not to use them. It doesn't mean those that do aren't allowed.

*Pompous ;)

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@tormentos said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

No man there is no such thing as company exclusive the term here is not valid that is all,i say the same thing to lemmings who claiming that Titanfall is MS exclusive because you need a 360,xbox one or PC which runs windows.

But why? That doesn't really make any sense. MLB The Show only releasing on the three Playstation platforms is the exact definition of a company exclusive. As long as it's not used as a reason to claim superiority of the ps4, specifically, why can't the fact that it only releases on Sony platforms be used in a discussion?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@tormentos said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

But why? That doesn't really make any sense. MLB The Show only releasing on the three Playstation platforms is the exact definition of a company exclusive. As long as it's not used as a reason to claim superiority of the ps4, specifically, why can't the fact that it only releases on Sony platforms be used in a discussion?

Check the OP!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Everyone knows SONY is synonymous with world class exclusives. I'm getting this fucker day 1. :D

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Because that is the way it was crafted here..

There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3. PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/?page=1#js-message-0

It i like that because lemmings use to hold to games like Witcher,Oblivion and other that were on 360 and PC but not on PS3,so they were call on it by cows,so the rules stayed,it work both ways,and since i have been very strict with this one with lemming i can't have it both ways.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos
@Wasdie said:

@tormentos: @MonsieurX: Personally I don't really count the PC games as directly competing against the consoles when it comes to games. The vast majority of the market isn't ever going to consider building a PC to play games. I consider them two separate markets. The high sales of the PS4 and the Xbox One (it is selling well despite being behind the PS4) as proof that the markets are separate. So go ahead. However I don't make the rules here, I just think the ones we have are dumb but it's what everybody ended up agreeing on.

I know Wesdie you know i would love to scream is a exclusive,but i have been very vocal about games that are in different platforms like xbox one PC with Titanfall,so i can't have it both way either works for all or don't work for any,so i decide that it doesn't work for any.

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Because that is the way it was crafted here..

There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3. PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/?page=1#js-message-0

It i like that because lemmings use to hold to games like Witcher,Oblivion and other that were on 360 and PC but not on PS3,so they were call on it by cows,so the rules stayed,it work both ways,and since i have been very strict with this one with lemming i can't have it both ways.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online

@MonsieurX said:

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

why would a PC game be considered Microsoft? the only thing that is MS on a PC is Windows...

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

people who don't consider mlb the show exclusive are dumb nitpickers. It's made by Sony..... It's like saying Windows isn't exclusive to microsoft because it's on stuff that microsoft wants it to be.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Because windows is required to play the game. Therefore it is considered a windows platform. Does not matter who the publisher is, they are developing in an microsoft created environment. Can you play those games on Mac? what about Linux?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX

@SolidGame_basic said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Wasdie said:

@MonsieurX said:

...not exclusive

why would a PC game be considered Microsoft? the only thing that is MS on a PC is Windows...

That's the point.

Enjoy playing PC games without Windows

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online

@MonsieurX: @spitfire-six: But Microsoft doesn't have an exclusive right to sell those games (unless they actually own it). Developers can sell on Mac or Linux if they want to. On the other hand, Sony has the exclusive right to this franchise, it cannot be put on any other system unless they say so.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I didn't say I agree with it just explaining the logic train. I think this was the debate with titan fall because even though they don't own it they had it exclusive to Microsoft platforms. You cannot buy the game on any other platform.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@MonsieurX: he mentions the game is on ps4, ps3, and vita.

I see no foul play here. It's a solid argument for the playstation brand as a whole, seeing that 2k left a pretty big, baseball-sized hole in the Xbox lineup.

The op is playing fair.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Where's the love for this franchise? It's been consistently awesome since its existence. I know it's baseball, but a fun game nonetheless! Also, since MLB 2K is gone, it's the only baseball game on the market.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir here. The MLB The Show franchise is one of the primary reasons why I'm a PS3/PS4 owner. I have a friend who actually dislikes baseball IRL but loves this game & buys it every year. That kind of appeal is surely one of the hallmarks of a great sports video game.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

lol baseball

lol sports games

lol real sports

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts

I agree that The Show is technically not exclusive, but having games on multiple Sony systems is not the same as having a game on MS consoles and PC. Licensing is the big issue here. To put a game on a Sony platform you have to be licensed by them. You have to use their API and have permission from them to put it on that system. You also have to share your profits with them. The same is true on a Microsoft console. The same is not true on PC though. If I want to put out a PC game, on Windows, I can do it without ever involving MS in any way. I wouldn't have to use DirectX. I wouldn't have to apply for a license and I wouldn't have to give MS a penny of my profits. In the sense of PC gaming, Windows is simply an OS. PC is a completely open environment that Microsoft has no control over in the same way it does XBOX. In fact, I would almost argue that Steam is more of a PC platform than Windows is because of the licensing system involved. It is simply false to say that a game like Titanfall is Microsoft exclusive. I wouldn't doubt that Microsoft would have been more pleased if EA kept the game only on their consoles and not on Windows.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chikenfriedrice

@StrongBlackVine said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

It was my least favorite installment of The Show....seemed like the PS3 couldn't handle it...frame rate issues etc

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

It was my least favorite installment of The Show....seemed like the PS3 couldn't handle it...frame rate issues etc

It felt like more of the same too. They need to inject some new life into that series other than pretty graphics. I just hope the load times aren't stupidly long like every Show game from last gen.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chikenfriedrice

@mems_1224 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

It felt like more of the same too. They need to inject some new life into that series other than pretty graphics. I just hope the load times aren't stupidly long like every Show game from last gen.

Right....I'm not hating on the series, I think it's great just hoping it gets better.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#42 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I think this is the year I finally pick one up. MIGGY on the cover is just too much for my Tiger boner to resist.

And yes, I realize Tiger boner sounds horrible, and for that, I'll never mention those two words together again.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Blabadon: Fellow Tigers fan huh? From Michigan or just a fan?

Anyways I am proud of those following the rules here and saying the game isn't exclusive. Good for you! I have been a fan of The Show for years. He'll Last year I got the PS3 and Vita version. I must admit I'm worried about the PS4 version. With the delay and lack of footage/gameplay I am thinking the game is being rushed to next gen. Of course I will buy it but I'm still worried.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

How is it not a Sony exclusive??? Is it coming to PC? NO! Is it coming to the 3DS? NO! Is it coming to the WiiU? NO! Is it coming to the 360? NO! Is it coming to the Xbox One? NO! Is it on IOS, Windows or Android phones? NO! Is it on PS3? YES! Is it on PSVita? YES! Is it on PS4? YES!! Therefore, IT IS SONY EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lem butthurt here is getting worse and worse!!!

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#45 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Oh, we suddenly have Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony exclusives? Are we changing the rules again?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I'll give you that one. At least it's not another god damn indie.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

MLB The Show = The best sports game on earth.

Day 1

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

This is reason #2 why I bought a PS4.

Reason #1 being Destiny!

Can't WAIT to play some NEXT-GEN Baseball in May!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Ownage provided by a baseball game?

Yeah, no.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

Can't wait to pick up the new mlb The Show. It's a pretty good series, though I'd love to see a dev come out of no where and knock a baseball video game out of the park... EA's MVP2005 has yet to be eclipsed from a gameplay perspective.