Mist Of Pandaria Cinematic vs Cyberpunk 2077 trailer: Production Quality

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

your pic here

That hair

V3rciS

That skin.. that eyes

Ooh, the damage control has already begun. princeofshapeir

Lol of course it's so convenient to compare the budget of a multinational EMPIRE to a small Polish studio with a small fixed budget available!

Hair is a lot more difficult to render. Oh, didn't I forget to say that the hair actually moved? Realistic CGI images are not rare anymore. The difficulty lies in rendering them under complex conditions.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Ravenshout

This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.UCF_Knight
You are blind. I just want to insist on the truth.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Hair is a lot more difficult to render. Oh, didn't I forget to say that the hair actually moved? Realistic CGI images are not rare anymore. The difficulty lies in rendering them under complex conditions.

Ravenshout

You make it sound as if they tried to make the most realistic CG ever and failed. Theys aet out to make a CG trailer for the game and the idea for the trailer was to have static models, they didn't leave them static for lack of technical ability or money. It's intended to be that way

There is so much pointlessness in this thread

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#104 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

your pic here

That hair

V3rciS

[ That skin.. that eyes

Ooh, the damage control has already begun. princeofshapeir

Lol of course it's so convenient to compare the budget of a multinational EMPIRE to a small Polish studio with a small fixed budget available!

Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.Ravenshout

No, you just want everyone else to agree with you

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 princeofshapeir
This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.UCF_Knight
You don't need to be a fanboy to realize that Blizzard has the best CGI trailers in the industry. We're not even talking about their games here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out. princeofshapeir

OR they could have done it that way because that's how they wanted to do it :?

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.Ravenshout

I haven't even seen the Cyberpunk trailer. lol I just enjoy watching egotistical people shoving something in everyone's face when nobody really cares. What are you gaining out of this thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.princeofshapeir
You don't need to be a fanboy to realize that Blizzard has the best CGI trailers in the industry. We're not even talking about their games here.

I haven't even seen anyone say differently. Ravenshout just makes it sound like that's what people are saying. Blizzard definitely have some of the best CG in the industry

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ravenshout

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.seanmcloughlin

Because Blizzard/Square Enix make better CG than a small Polish studio can pull off. They have better CG artists. It's well-known. Why can't you accept that?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
why are we discussing the quality of CGI?
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 UCF_Knight
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.princeofshapeir

You do have to be a fanboy to take an opinion and force it in everyone's face when nobody really cares. A trailer is nicer than another, yay, let's make a thread about it and call everyone idiots! *high five*
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
In terms of production quality, Blizzard, that's not even comparable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"] You are blind. I just want to insist on the truth.

Ravenshout

Because Blizzard/Square Enix make better CG than a small Polish studio can pull off. They have better CG artists. It's well-known. Why can't you accept that?

I have accepted that. I have never said anything to the contrary in all the times you've brought this up. In fact I've said this exact post several times. No one else said they're better than Blizzard or Square either, you just keep imagining that they do when they say they like the Cyberpunk trailer.

Point out where I said they did better CG than Blizzard or Square, I would really like to see it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-59b71619573a1

why are we discussing the quality of CGI?BrunoBRS

Because Ravenshout is terribly insecure about it

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ravenshout

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.seanmcloughlin

I haven't even seen anyone say differently. Ravenshout just makes it sound like that's what people are saying. Blizzard definitely have some of the best CG in the industry

Here's a better thread for both of us:http://asia.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29339866/dark-souls-is-difficult.I can't beat the big-ass Gargoyle without grinding.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out. seanmcloughlin

They purposely made a CGI render of a half-naked woman the focal point of the teaser. Whether it's because they didn't have the budget to produce something more or whether that was their real intention, the MoP cinematic is still far more detailed while having more stuff on screen.
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out. princeofshapeir

Nope what I actually say is... If you think what CD projekt achieved with such a limited budget is if not better than MoP cinematic, then at least a decent rival... it's already way too impressive rather than millions thrown by Blizzard only for the purpose of CGI rendering. If I had that amount of money I could also recruit the best artist and get the best machines to create the ultimate CGI movie. SO FUKING WHAT?

Look what they did with a limited budget.... that's what's so impressive about it.

Anyway I think there's no point in discussing here... 1 is the Cyberpunk hate/basher the other one is Blizzard fanboy/wanker. QQ some more. Also kiddo I was playing Blizzard games long before you discovered the controller.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out. princeofshapeir

They purposely made a CGI render of a half-naked woman the focal point of the teaser. Whether it's because they didn't have the budget to produce something more or whether that was their real intention, the MoP cinematic is still far more detailed while having more stuff on screen.

Yeah I know it is, I agreed to that. Why do you people keep making it sound like I didn't? :?

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]This thread is nice. Blizzard fanboys needed a sanctuary to protect each other from the rest of System Wars.UCF_Knight

You do have to be a fanboy to take an opinion and force it in everyone's face when nobody really cares. A trailer is nicer than another, yay, let's make a thread about it and call everyone idiots! *high five*

I never called anyone an idiot. It's just apparent that the MoP cinematic is technically superior to the Cyberpunk teaser, and most of the people in this thread who say otherwise are WoW/Blizzard haters.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 princeofshapeir

Anyway I think there's no point in discussing here... 1 is the Cyberpunk hate/basher the other one is Blizzard fanboy/wanker. QQ some more. Also kiddo I was playing Blizzard games long before you discovered the controller.

V3rciS

Aaaand that's all I got out of your post.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] Yeah I'm not impressed. Most Blizzard games suck anyway so yeah.

*Valve

Are you beginning to insult my prophet infidel?
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out. seanmcloughlin

Either way it's clear that the MoP one is technically superior. I don't know why people try to prolong this with conspiracy theories about why it is inferior technically when the answer is already there.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 UCF_Knight
I never called anyone an idiot. It's just apparent that the MoP cinematic is technically superior to the Cyberpunk teaser, and most of the people in this thread who say otherwise are WoW/Blizzard haters. princeofshapeir
If they're Blizzard haters there will be no reasoning with them anyway. If there are unbiased people that are genuinely confused, even if you do show them the light there will still be countless people on this forum that disagree. I'm veering off into existentialism here, but this thread is pointless. When you make a thread to tell people they're wrong, you gain nothing.
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

princeofshapeir

Still you're wanking on Blizzard products...

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Ravenshout

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

V3rciS

You are just a hater purified.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

V3rciS

I tried to have a reasonable discussion yet you resort to petty insults in desperation. Not much else to say. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Two things: first, the entirety of the teaser was a slow-motion sequence with the girl sitting in the exact same position the entire time. It was like they purposely chose such a scenario because their budget wasn't big enough for a much more exciting trailer and instead had to rely on smoke and mirrors to make the cinematic seem much more than it really was. Second, you're already reverting to the excuse that CDPR is far smaller than Blizzard while maintaining the argument that the Cyberpunk teaser looks better than the MoP cinematic. You're already conceding that the Cyberpunk trailer isn't as technically astonishing by pointing that out. glez13

Either way it's clear that the MoP one is technically superior. I don't know why people try to prolong this with conspiracy theories about why it is inferior technically when the answer is already there.

Of course it's technically superior. Everyone told TC that two or three threads ago