Mirror's Edge (Reboot) - New Screenshot posted by EA

• 71 results
#1 Edited by Basinboy (11379 posts) -

Noticed this on FB - got posted to my wall somehow.

I so hype

Sauce: Mirror's Edge Facebook Fan Page

#2 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9878 posts) -

Dat bloom.

#3 Posted by Aljosa23 (25861 posts) -

That's concept art.

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (25863 posts) -

Im so hyped for this! PLZ release it this year PLZZZZZ

#5 Posted by Basinboy (11379 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

That's concept art.

shhhhhhh ;)

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (42961 posts) -

It's crazy we're getting a sequel. I'm all for it, but it's been a while.

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (12314 posts) -

EA will find a way to fuck it up.

#8 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5765 posts) -

More like "Concept Art" . Saw it few hours ago already on gameinformer . This is probably some kind of tease for new trailer or gameplay video at E3 .

#9 Posted by lundy86_4 (44172 posts) -

More Mirror's Edge is fine by me. I still own the first... May have to give it another run-through.

#10 Edited by freedomfreak (42961 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

May have to give it another run-through.

:ic:

#11 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1751 posts) -

Reboot? Why a reboot?

#12 Posted by lundy86_4 (44172 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Wow, I didn't even do that on purpose. Glorious.

#13 Posted by BloodyTides (189 posts) -

not a screenshot but ok lol

#14 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

@StrifeDelivery said:

Reboot? Why a reboot?

Seriously. If it's true, it's pretty goddamn stupid. The original game was ok, it just had crap combat. It would have probably been better with no combat, but that's just me.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (47440 posts) -

Want! So much want!

#16 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16029 posts) -

The first game was ambitious but severely boring once you knew what to expect, hopefully they change it up.

Larger levels are needed for one, you could run through the courses in mirrors edge way too fast.

#17 Posted by PS360Wii4eva (297 posts) -

Looks very much like Frostbite 3.

#18 Posted by hehe101 (629 posts) -

can't wait

#19 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1751 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

Reboot? Why a reboot?

Seriously. If it's true, it's pretty goddamn stupid. The original game was ok, it just had crap combat. It would have probably been better with no combat, but that's just me.

I'm not certain what there is to reboot. It's not a long-standing series and from the look of the concept art, there doesn't seem to be any radical changes to warrant a reboot. Of course, I could be wrong; we'll just have to wait and see on potential news.

#20 Edited by finalstar2007 (25863 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

More Mirror's Edge is fine by me. I still own the first... May have to give it another run-through.

I still have the game too.

honestly this trailer was the reason why i bought and played the game.. that OST was my main reason for buying the game and im glad it did not disappoint!

dem nostalgia

Loading Video...

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (44172 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

I still have the game too.

honestly this trailer was the reason why i bought and played the game.. that OST was my main reason for buying the game and im glad it did not disappoint!

dem nostalgia

That shit was great. So unique, and the fluidity was excellent. Hopefully they work on a decent story for the next game.

#22 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2299 posts) -

reboot? it looks exactly like the first one.

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (25305 posts) -

It's not really a reboot, it's just a long awaited sequel. DICE created the first game right before EA had them slaving on the Battlefield games.

#24 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3223 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

#25 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Surprised how many people didn't know it was a reboot. I mean the trailer showed her getting her tattoos which she already had in the original game.

I couldn't give a toss about the story and characters anyway, they were positively awful in the original game so reboot it all you want. but please for the love of God fix the level design.

Also yeah that's concept art, not a screenshot

@heretrix said:

Eh sequel or reboot it make no difference really. Were people really that invested in the story that they wanted to know what was gonna happen next?

Also the game needs combat, it just needs to be all hand to hand and done better. No more forced gunfight scenarios and shitty chases designed to try make you speed up. Let the game flow more naturally in its level design and cut out all the garbage. From the sounds of previews, that's exactly what they're doing

#27 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Uh wut?

#28 Edited by nethernova (4243 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Surprised how many people didn't know it was a reboot. I mean the trailer showed her getting her tattoos which she already had in the original game.

So your first thought would be "Oh, it's a reboot" and not "Oh, it's a prequel"?

#30 Posted by lostrib (42020 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

I couldn't give a toss about the story and characters anyway, they were positively awful in the original game so reboot it all you want. but please for the love of God fix the level design.

Also yeah that's concept art, not a screenshot

@heretrix said:

Eh sequel or reboot it make no difference really. Were people really that invested in the story that they wanted to know what was gonna happen next?

Also the game needs combat, it just needs to be all hand to hand and done better. No more forced gunfight scenarios and shitty chases designed to try make you speed up. Let the game flow more naturally in its level design and cut out all the garbage

well there's a difference between a reboot and a prequel

#31 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i want to know what they are doing different with this "reboot"

#32 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

i want to know what they are doing different with this "reboot"

hopefully they make it fun.

#33 Posted by wolverine4262 (20107 posts) -

Very clearly not a screenshot. You should change the topic title.

#34 Posted by Basinboy (11379 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

Very clearly not a screenshot. You should change the topic title.

And deprive others of correcting me and upping their post count?

#35 Posted by wolverine4262 (20107 posts) -

@Basinboy:

Well thanks for deceiving and disappointing me then.

#36 Posted by Basinboy (11379 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@Basinboy:

Well thanks for deceiving and disappointing me then.

Anytime :P

#37 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@nethernova said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

So your first thought would be "Oh, it's a reboot" and not "Oh, it's a prequel"?

Well either or really, I was more referring to people expecting a sequel instead

#38 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1132 posts) -

First game was meh. Dice should focus on battlefront 3.

#40 Edited by foxhound_fox (90562 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

That's concept art.

Indeed.

Suggests to me they are just starting development now.

#41 Posted by remiks00 (2450 posts) -

Why are they rebooting the game?

#42 Posted by remiks00 (2450 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@freedomfreak said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Wow, I didn't even do that on purpose. Glorious.

#43 Edited by foxhound_fox (90562 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Why are they rebooting the game?

I honestly don't see why. Unless they are planning on turning it into a shooter.

#44 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Seen as some people seemed unaware that it's a reboot, here are some details about the game so everyone knows what type of game it's going to be this time:

• Core goal of the reboot is to create an open world, living breathing city for you to explore.
  • Part of this open world environment includes a persistent, “always online” component. The open world is considered a multiplayer “playground” where other plays can drop-in/drop-out seamlessly, freely choosing their level of interaction with other players and the game world. A comparison to Journey‘s online feature was given as the closest example.
  • Other general multiplayer components include co-op and competitive modes, such as time trials
  • Mirror’s Edge 2 will include many AI opponents, some on equal footing to Faith. Among these are the standard cannon fodder Protectors, melee combat expert Sentinels, and armoured gun wielding Enforcers. We’ve been told that Faith does not have guns.
  • Heavy revisions have shaped the combat away from useless gunplay and one button combats (like the nut-punch) to a deeper system that emphasises speed and fluidity.

Also the release date for the game is set for 2016, so don't hold your breath

@foxhound_fox said:

I honestly don't see why. Unless they are planning on turning it into a shooter.

They're doing the opposite of that. They're basically making the game what they wanted ME1 to be. Sure a sequel may have done the trick but why bother when the story and characters are utter garbage the first time? Make Faith a better character this time round I say

#45 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3251 posts) -

^This "persistent online" stuff, made popular by the souls series, is gonna in every game. Just another way to instill some sort of DRM that takes away features if you opt to play offline.

But still I can't wait for this game! I hope they keep the same tone as the first one. So good!

#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@ninjapirate2000 said:

^This "persistent online" stuff, made popular by the souls series, is gonna in every game. Just another way to instill some sort of DRM that takes away features if you opt to play offline.

But still I can't wait for this game! I hope they keep the same tone as the first one. So good!

That's jumping to cynical conclusions.

I think it could work well. Find someone running around and challenge them to a free form race to a certain point on the map. Choose your own path to it

#47 Edited by cainetao11 (19196 posts) -

Got the original off Steam for 5 bucks. Loved it on 360, had to buy.

#48 Edited by remiks00 (2450 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Seen as some people seemed unaware that it's a reboot, here are some details about the game so everyone knows what type of game it's going to be this time:

• Core goal of the reboot is to create an open world, living breathing city for you to explore.
  • Part of this open world environment includes a persistent, “always online” component. The open world is considered a multiplayer “playground” where other plays can drop-in/drop-out seamlessly, freely choosing their level of interaction with other players and the game world. A comparison to Journey‘s online feature was given as the closest example.
  • Other general multiplayer components include co-op and competitive modes, such as time trials
  • Mirror’s Edge 2 will include many AI opponents, some on equal footing to Faith. Among these are the standard cannon fodder Protectors, melee combat expert Sentinels, and armoured gun wielding Enforcers. We’ve been told that Faith does not have guns.
  • Heavy revisions have shaped the combat away from useless gunplay and one button combats (like the nut-punch) to a deeper system that emphasises speed and fluidity.

Also the release date for the game is set for 2016, so don't hold your breath

@foxhound_fox said:

They're doing the opposite of that. They're basically making the game what they wanted ME1 to be. Sure a sequel may have done the trick but why bother when the story and characters are utter garbage the first time? Make Faith a better character this time round I say

Thanks Sean, it really put things in perspective. Sounds like it's going to be a better game tbh.

@cainetao11 Yeah, I recently purchased it off Orgin for 5.99. Orgin has a 70% sake going on.

#49 Posted by IgGy621985 (4936 posts) -

Reboot in this case = they'll try to make you forget about the original Mirror's Edge which was a commercial flop.

Therefore, I expect a lot of QTEs, tits, ass and hip-hop.

#50 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9281 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Useless multiplayer, lots of microtransactions, DRM, Day 1 DLC, and so on.