Minecraft: Do You Dig It?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Haahaha..dig.. That's a joke of mine... hahahaaaa.. mine.. because the game..

Okay. Let's craft this into a proper thread..

craft...

God, that's good. It is, right?

So, who here is (still) into Minecraft? Every platform,except Nintendo platforms, has it. Are you into it? You never cared for it? What do you say about one of the most popular games of all time? SAY IT.

I di.. like Minecraft quite a bit. Hell, I started playing it again. Got a nice house, surrounded by mountains. Working on a basement for all the dwellers. You know how it is. Yeah, I like Minecraft. Suck a shit, I love Minecraft.

Cringe away, System Warriors.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I saw that vid before. No wonder why Notch bailed. He probably had Microsoft draw up a fake document saying he wasn't allowed at the cons anymore.

As for the game. I love it. Although Kuu2 did try to grief my world one time. lol.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
@FoxbatAlpha said:

I saw that vid before. No wonder why Notch bailed. He probably had Microsoft draw up a fake document saying he wasn't allowed at the cons anymore.

As for the game. I love it. Although Kuu2 did try to grief my world one time. lol.

Kuu be griefing? Kuu, that's WORK THAT WENT INTO THIS MAN'S CREATION!!

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

minecraft plzzzzz die

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
@ProtossX said:

minecraft plzzzzz die

Did you like my puns?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Never really got the appeal of the game, sorry but for me is just dumb.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

No, creation type games are not my thing. I dont mind playing, exploring other peoples creations but I dont have time nor paitence or even the desire to do it myself.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
@madsnakehhh said:

Never really got the appeal of the game, sorry but for me is just dumb.

No, its fine. I don't care. I'm over it. Pft. Somebody against Minecraft, like whatever. Doesn't affect me. Never has, never will. Just saying.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoxbatAlpha

@freedomfreak said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Kuu be griefing? Kuu, that's WORK THAT WENT INTO THIS MAN'S CREATION!!

Yeah that crazy bastard and someone else jump in, checkin the place out and whatnot. Next thing I know mass looting and windows start breaking. It was like the LA riots all over again.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
@Heil68 said:

No, creation type games are not my thing. I dont mind playing, exploring other peoples creations but I dont have time nor paitence or even the desire to do it myself.

Would you explore me?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah that crazy bastard and someone else jump in, checkin the place out and whatnot. Next thing I know mass looting and windows start breaking. It was like the LA riots all over again.

Seems the power of jelly compelled him.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha

@Heil68 said:

@TheEroica would like to have a word with you on "creation games".

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxbatAlpha

@freedomfreak said:
@Heil68 said:

Would you explore me?

lol,

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
@FoxbatAlpha said:

lol,

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@Heil68 said:

Would you explore me?

yes and we would then become one in flesh and soul. It would be magical and coincidentally more enjoyable than playing minecraft. :P

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

I only play it a few times a month now but i am still adding to the same map i have had for years its a huge castle that stretches between 3 mountains, maybe i got carried away though when i decided to build a powered minecart track from a remote tiny jungle island in the middle of the ocean all the way back to my castle just because i liked the look of it and had a suden urge to build treehouses, it seemed like a good idea at the time, fast forward 21 hours and i had basically made a track that stretches for miles in a straight line and takes 6 minutes to complete the journey one way........i will NEVER be doing that again! :P

Everytime i make the journey though i'm glad i did it :D

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
@Heil68 said:

yes and we would then become one in flesh and soul. It would be magical and coincidentally more enjoyable than playing minecraft. :P

Aaahhh Yeaaahhhh

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freedomfreak
@naz99 said:

I only play it a few times a month now but i am still adding to the same map i have had for years its a huge castle that stretches between 3 mountains, maybe i got carried away though when i decided to build a powered minecart track from a remote tiny jungle island in the middle of the ocean all the way back to my castle just because i liked the look of it and had a suden urge to build treehouses, it seemed like a good idea at the time, fast forward 21 hours and i had basically made a track that stretches for miles in a straight line and takes 6 minutes to complete the journey one way........i will NEVER be doing that again! :P

You remind me of me and my brother. It was with the 360 version. We both played local(splitscreen), he'd be working the mines, and I'd be using the resources to build our city. Shit was so good.

It's cool. Just seeing it all laid out in front. It's like "Yes, I spent a ridiculous amount of useless time into this, but by God, it looks amazing."

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@naz99 said:

You remind me of me and my brother. It was with the 360 version. We both played local(splitscreen), he'd be working the mines, and I'd be using the resources to build our city. Shit was so good.

It's cool. Just seeing it all laid out in front. It's like "Yes, I spent a ridiculous amount of useless time into this, but by God, it looks amazing."

Lol, yes i managed to convince my mate to help me build it with me first we took it in turns but then i setup 2 player local co-op (which is not damn easy to do on the PC as there is no splitscreen) so we could get it done faster he ended up putting so many hours into it he bought it for his Mac so he could play it with me from home.

That minecraft folder is precious to me me, it is my most important save game and its always the first thin i copy over or save if im formatting, compared to some peoples structures on minecraft it is noobish by comparison but it is the biggest thing i have ever built or created in or out of a game, i don't play it often anymore but i wont ever not play it and i will never delete that map :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

Creation games like minecraft are simply on another level... Not a better level, a different level.

Thing is, we're so used to having the creativity brought to us, I can see folks not really getting the highly contagious and satisfying concept of creating your world as the creator... Its task oriented and requires a little patience but it's a genre that takes the player to a vastly different place than the tradition video game.

Some folks like to mind dump... FPS, action, platforms, racers, he'll, even rpgs, despite the management.

Some folks like to come away with a sense of creative progress... Apples and oranges.

I don't blame @Heil68: for his lack of mincrafting @FoxbatAlpha: I blame him for support UBIsoft :P and their cookie cutter games.... Damn it Heil.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
@naz99 said:

Lol, yes i managed to convince my mate to help me build it with me first we took it in turns but then i setup 2 player local co-op (which is not damn easy to do on the PC as there is no splitscreen) so we could get it done faster he ended up putting so many hours into it he bought it for his mac so he could play it from home.

That miecraft folder is precious to me me, it is my most important save game and its always the first thin i copy over or save if im formatting, compared to some peoples structures on minecraft it is noobish by comparison but it is the biggest thing i have ever built or created in or out of a game, i wont ever not play it and i will never delete that map :P

Nice.

Yeah, I'm kinda the same. I won't say that what me and my brother built is an exceptional piece of work that requires all forms of resources in Minecraft, but it's a big project that took hours and hours to build, and mine. But yeah, it stands there, looking tall, and it's brilliant enough for me to keep it in my precious purse lol.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@TheEroica said:

Creation games like minecraft are simply on another level... Not a better level, a different level.

Thing is, we're so used to having the creativity brought to us, I can see folks not really getting the highly contagious and satisfying concept of creating your world as the creator... Its task oriented and requires a little patience but it's a genre that takes the player to a vastly different place than the tradition video game.

Some folks like to mind dump... FPS, action, platforms, racers, he'll, even rpgs, despite the management.

Some folks like to come away with a sense of creative progress... Apples and oranges.

I don't blame @Heil68: for his lack of mincrafting @FoxbatAlpha: I blame him for support UBIsoft :P and their cookie cutter games.... Damn it Heil.

Creativity and survival wrapped in a nice non-Ubi package. I think you have next weeks topic for the show!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak
@TheEroica said:

Hmmm, yes. It does require a certain "I have ****-all to do" :p

I do notice you played it with your young'uns?

Last time I checked, your stats didn't stack up to mine. Tsk tsk tsk, Eroica.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I love Minecraft. I've put a crazy amount of hours into that game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@freedomfreak: we have so many scattered world's now... My favorite way to minecraft is survival... I have a home representing each point I was at in the game... A mud house, A stone temple, a wooden lakeside place... Hell I even made a copy of the house I actually live in... Complete with torture ro... Er, bonus room.

My kids like creative mode, but I just get more from creating on a cycle like survival mode offers. Harvesting my tree farms and hoing those fields of wheat. Lol... Seriously though there is a comfort with the tasks and seeing the progress after a few days work.

Currently I'm building a palace into the side of a mountain... I started inside and then slowly changed the outside mountain look to a four level mega mansion...

Are you building on Xbox? Now I'm gonna jump in and wreak havoc! Can't stop till freedom has been defeated!

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Yeah, I liked it when it was new, it was actually very enthralling. Now there are much better alternatives, Terraria, for example.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Game never interested me.....

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

No. i downloaded the demo to see what the big hype is all about.. played it for like 10 minutes and was like wtf is this garbage? yep its not for me.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I played it for the first time on the 360 and I liked it enough to put in hours into it to create a huge world with skyscrapers made of diamonds and a huge roller coaster that went underground and back up. But I stopped playing and never played it again even after they release a creation mode and all those updates. It was like Forrest Gump that ran and ran and for no particular reason he stopped running. I just stopped playing.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FoxbatAlpha

@freedomfreak said:

@TheEroica said:

Hmmm, yes. It does require a certain "I have ****-all to do" :p

I do notice you played it with your young'uns?

Last time I checked, your stats didn't stack up to mine. Tsk tsk tsk, Eroica.

Damn, now I want to compare stats. GT: Fragbuddy

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

its a decent tool for children. thats about it.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I like it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#34 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Never interested me.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

wow that video. Couldn't even watch it for a full minute.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It was fun for maybe 30 min, then it just gets boring.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I find it incredibly annoying that there are zombies and shit.

It's like trying to play with LEGO during a zombie apocalypse.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I'm glad consolites are obsessed with PC's leftover scraps. Actually, Inferior versions of said scraps to make matters worse.

Always behind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

The game was awesome fun a few years ago when I started out playing it, the whole sense of new mechanics and unexplored territory was very appealing. Played the heck out of it for a while on and off, but nowadays I just find it overrated and quite dull. Nothing really new to captivate me and too lazy to mod or really build anything extravagant. :( Wish their updates were more frequent and would add more than just more blocks or new biomes that basically add nothing atm.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Never played Minecraft, but I recently worked a contract on one of their products. And it fucking sucked.

Therefore, I hate Minecraft.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freedomfreak
@TheEroica said:

we have so many scattered world's now... My favorite way to minecraft is survival... I have a home representing each point I was at in the game... A mud house, A stone temple, a wooden lakeside place... Hell I even made a copy of the house I actually live in... Complete with torture ro... Er, bonus room.

My kids like creative mode, but I just get more from creating on a cycle like survival mode offers. Harvesting my tree farms and hoing those fields of wheat. Lol... Seriously though there is a comfort with the tasks and seeing the progress after a few days work.

Currently I'm building a palace into the side of a mountain... I started inside and then slowly changed the outside mountain look to a four level mega mansion...

Are you building on Xbox? Now I'm gonna jump in and wreak havoc! Can't stop till freedom has been defeated!

Yeah, I'm the same. I've messed around with creative mode, but it's just pure building then, which is fine if you want to. Go pure Lego mode, but I prefer building and gathering the resources myself. Hold the fort. All that stuff.

I am, although my creations are offline lol.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Damn, now I want to compare stats. GT: Fragbuddy

Shall add.

@funsohng said:

I find it incredibly annoying that there are zombies and shit.

It's like trying to play with LEGO during a zombie apocalypse.

Set mode to peaceful. Nobody will bother you.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Never played Minecraft, but I recently worked a contract on one of their products. And it fucking sucked.

Therefore, I hate Minecraft.

Couldn't have been hard to model though lol. I assume that wasn't the assignment, was it?

There, I went full tormentos, and it feels horrible.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 funsohng

@freedomfreak: I'd still have to mine stuff. F*ck that shit. I want to be an architect, not a miner. Also I hate crafting stuff. Imagine LEGO where you have to craft your own block.

So yeah, I hate both "mine" and "craft" parts to ever like this game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak
@funsohng said:

I'd still have to mine stuff. F*ck that shit. I want to be an architect, not a miner. Also I hate crafting stuff. Imagine LEGO where you have to craft your own block.

Creative mode, funsohng. Every item of the game at your disposal, and you can fly around and shit.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 funsohng

@freedomfreak said:
@funsohng said:

I'd still have to mine stuff. F*ck that shit. I want to be an architect, not a miner. Also I hate crafting stuff. Imagine LEGO where you have to craft your own block.

Creative mode, funsohng. Every item of the game at your disposal, and you can fly around and shit.

It's still not on Steam

HAH.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 freedomfreak
@funsohng said:

It's still not on Steam

HAH.

Steam lameing out like a mofo. But there's like 50 knock-offs on there.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I prefer terraria.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Couldn't have been hard to model though lol. I assume that wasn't the assignment, was it?

Ugh... lol. Yep that was the assignment. And you're absolutely right. It shouldn't have been hard at all, it should have been the easiest modeling job of all time actually... NOPE. lol.

There is always some asshole out there that will make things difficult for no reason. Wasted my time, wasted the companies time, went way over budget. The kind of job that should have been done in a day or two, instead it went on for nearly a month.

Just glad it's behind me, but it's amazing how people can make the most simple things so overly complicated. This dude was like the Hideo Kojima of art directors haha.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

So, who here is (still) into Minecraft?

My 7-yr old. She's into Minecraft and its clones. She plays the games on the Mac or PC and at the same time play Minecraft videos on her iPad.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Nah. I've seen some footage of it but I really don't get the appeal.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

its fun in short bursts. But i cant play it for hours upon hours like alot of people do.