Mid end GPU will max out watchdogs ultra settings

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58460 Posts

Confirmed by Ubisoft

The reality seems to be, chumlings, the PS4/XboxOne is unable to match mid end pc, let alone a high end one.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

and by "mid-range" the rig has a $400 GPU. WTF lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ok, i suspected that would be the case, but good to know. thanks man.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I just hope it's well optimized Ubi while I love their games have a habit of screwin the pooch when it comes to the PC stuff.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Gue1 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nvidia+Geforce+670&oq=Nvidia+Geforce+670&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58460 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I have a 760, that's 100 more than 670 almost.

Basically Playstation 4 and a half.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Lol pc elitist snobs sure can't stop talking about the wimpy consoles. Go play 1 of your 1,000 games.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

lol not even the devs play on console.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

Good!..Knew this 7950 was a worthy investment almost two years ago!

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Gue1 said:

They don't sell 670's any more. It's equivalent would be the 760, which is 250 dollars. So ya...

@ladyblue said:

Lol pc elitist snobs sure can't stop talking about the wimpy consoles. Go play 1 of your 1,000 games.

I'm sorry that a thread was made about PC performance. Won't happen again.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Didn't they say like a week or two ago that you needed a high end gpu to max it out?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

As I said before . Devs often post fake requirements to sell latest hardware .

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NFJSupreme

@neogeo419 said:

Good!..Knew this 7950 was a worthy investment almost two years ago!

yep. Mine's at 1100mhz. Honestly I could probably keep it this entire console gen but I wont. Just waiting on the real next gen to arrive when GCN and Kepler are finally ushered out the door

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LadyBlue

@melonfarmerz said:

@ladyblue said:

Damn right!

@uninspiredcup said:

Confirmed by Ubisoft

The reality seems to be, chumlings, the PS4/XboxOne is unable to match mid end pc, let alone a high end one.

Lol sure, this is about pc hardware performance... you elitist hermits can't think things through.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NFJSupreme

@ladyblue said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@ladyblue said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Confirmed by Ubisoft

Lol sure, this is about pc hardware performance... you elitist hermits can't think things through.

It is. He just decided to through a jab in there. This is system wars right?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@Gue1 said:

Geforce 760 is 250 bucks and which is equivalent of 670 in terms of power and such PC is required to run the game in ULTRA settings . For high settings 150 bucks GPU will be more than OK .

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

@NFJSupreme: Same mhz..and same thoughts as you..I believe it would come close also to making it through the cycle..But I know the itch will be too hard not to scratch!

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LadyBlue

@NFJSupreme said:

@ladyblue said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@ladyblue said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Confirmed by Ubisoft

It is. He just decided to through a jab in there. This is system wars right?

That's his entire post lel... he doesn't even discuss anything about the article. Just don't complain when console players start making threads trolling pc. lol

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

a 760 will run this game abysmally at max settings. the proof will be in the pudding in a week or so.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NFJSupreme

@m3dude1 said:

a 760 will run this game abysmally at max settings. the proof will be in the pudding in a week or so.

lol all it has to do is run it at 30fps. Isn't that what the PS4 runs it on? I'm pretty sure it can do that. Max settings with all the bells and whistles at 30fps compared to what ever butchered version of the game that even the devs refuse to play on PS4. Hmmm which is better...

Avatar image for bigdogtwentytwo
BigdogTwentyTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigdogTwentyTwo
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Confirmed by Ubisoft

The PS4 is more then 50% more powerful then the xbone. The PS4 is way more capable. You cant lump the PS4 in with the dissapointment that is the xbone. PS4>>>>>xbone.

I also DARE you to find me a 400$ PC that has comparable specs to a PS4

Power per dollar NOTHING touches the PS4

A 400$ PS4 will godzilla crush any 400$ PC in raw power

never mind the fact that due to the closed nature of consoles and optimization, a console with weaker power can out perform stronger PCs etc

So PS4 WILL be able to compete with PCs for a long time

PS4 is amazing. Its time to admit that. Just look at Infamous (best looking game ever) and its only scratching the surface of PS4. Things will get better on PS4

PS4 also has GPUGPU and hUMA capability which NO current PC has, so PS4 will be very future proof (even more so)

Youre going to be sorely disappointed if youre expecting PC games to look much better then PS4 games.

Hell, the GPU you need to max out Watch Dogs costs 400$ alone. LOL thats already the full price of the PS4. SO mega fail

Plus we all know Ubisoft games are unoptomized pieces of shit on PC. Dont expect too much playing it on your PC that no one cares about hermit

PS4 is the best bet for convenience/price/power

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NFJSupreme

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Confirmed by Ubisoft

The PS4 is more then 50% more powerful then the xbone. The PS4 is way more capable. You cant lump the PS4 in with the dissapointment that is the xbone. PS4>>>>>xbone.

never mind the fact that due to the closed nature of consoles and optimization, a console with weaker power can out perform stronger PCs etc

PS4 is amazing. Its time to admit that. Just look at Infamous (best looking game ever) and its only scratching the surface of PS4. Things will get better on PS4

PS4 also has GPUGPU and hUMA capability which NO current PC has, so PS4 will be very future proof (even more so)

Youre going to be sorely disappointed if youre expecting PC games to look much better then PS4 games.

Hell, the GPU you need to max out Watch Dogs costs 400$ alone. LOL thats already the full price of the PS4. SO mega fail

Plus we all know Ubisoft games are unoptomized pieces of shit on PC. Dont expect too much playing it on your PC that no one cares about hermit

that koolaid you are drinking sure does look good. Also with all that said enjoy 900p and 30fps.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Gue1 said:

200+ dollars

670 is discontinued. Its between a 760 and a 770 so 200-300.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By melonfarmerz

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

I've seen this post a solid 5 times from different users. Again and again, different posters keep posting walls of texts with a space between every single fucking sentence. They always mention GPUGPU and hUMA, which literally no other PS4 fan talks about because it's a huge stretch, and they keep using the word fail like the poster is ten. Stop creating alts man... And if you do, at least don't be careless about it. Not everyone is as blind as you.

I like how you think a PS4 is 400 dollars and that's it. You pay 60 a year for online and have way more expensive games. It's much more fair to compare a 700 dollar PC due to value over 3 years. And in that respect, PS4 gets destroyed.

And LOOOOOOL you just said "Ubisoft games are unoptomized pieces of shit on PC." Considering if you clicked on the link, a dev said midrange 250 dollar GPUs max out Watch Dogs, you're admitting that even running unoptimized garbage, a 250 dollar GPU runs a far graphically superior version at much better resolutions and frame rates.

@ladyblue This is why, in reply to your earlier comments, PC gamers are justified in taking jabs and thinking they're elite. Because of ignorant, delusional posters like this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Two things. 1- LOL a 670 is mid range now? Bitch please... 2- So much for dat superior console optimization.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

any PC where a single component costs more than a ps4 ain't "mid range"

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Two things. 1- LOL a 670 is mid range now? Bitch please... 2- So much for dat superior console optimization.

As far as I know a 760 is around the power of a 670, and a 760 is a midrange card, so yes a 670 is now midrange.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 melonfarmerz

@Pray_to_me said:

Oh my god read the comments. A 760 is 250 dollars. The 670 was 400 2 years ago.

@ladyblue here's another example for you. At least some thinking from PS4 fanboys before posting would be nice. I get that there are some console gamers who are smart and can post things that are factually accurate but when the vast majority of posters can't even type logical things half the time, can you blame the elitists?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NFJSupreme

@Pray_to_me said:

670 is discontinued. You can now get the even stronger 770 for 350 on average. US of course.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By melonfarmerz

@m3dude1 said:

1) A dev literally just said the 670, a slightly weaker card, maxes the game out...

2) Medium settings in this game will most likely match that of the PS4's graphical fidelity so I don't mind if my 760 runs this poorly, as it'll still be better than your version ;)

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LadyBlue

@melonfarmerz said:

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

I've seen this post a solid 5 times from different users. Stop creating alts man...

I like how you think a PS4 is 400 dollars and that's it. You pay 60 a year for online and have way more expensive games. It's much more fair to compare a 700 dollar PC due to value over 3 years. And in that respect, PS4 gets destroyed.

And LOOOOOOL you just said "Ubisoft games are unoptomized pieces of shit on PC." Considering if you clicked on the link, a dev said midrange 250 dollar GPUs max out Watch Dogs, you're admitting that even running unoptimized garbage, a 250 dollar GPU runs a far graphically superior version at much better resolutions and frame rates.

@ladyblue This is why, in reply to your earlier comments, PC gamers are justified in taking jabs and thinking they're elite. Because of ignorant, delusional posters like this.

That person is bonkers... you can't put us all in the same category. I see where you're coming from, but acting like him doesn't make any of the pc players look any better.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By melonfarmerz

@ladyblue: lol but the thing is, I can list 10 posters off the top of my head who are in the same category as him. And I've only been here a few months.

I get what you mean but come on, there's like 2 strictly PC gamers here that have the kind of attitude as that guy. Uninspiredcup doesn't count. Some days, he claims PC gaming is dying and that PS4 is superior and other days he's all PC master race.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

Well my 5 year old PC should have no problem running this game on high settings.

Intel i7 920 CPU, 6 gigs of Ram, GTX 680 Graphics Card ( GPU upgraded in 2012 )

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Confirmed by Ubisoft

Considering the 670 was a 2012 $450+ GPU it is no surprise the PS4 GPU is also 2012 but was more like $250 new it was mid end on 2012,now is not mid end..

That GPU is hair stronger than the 7950.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@melonfarmerz: How will your PC run Destiny, FFXV, MGSV, KH3? No settings? 4 of the most anticipated multiplatform games of the generation completely unavailable on PC!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@glez13 said:

@silversix_ said:

As far as I know a 760 is around the power of a 670, and a 760 is a midrange card, so yes a 670 is now midrange.

that is funny. if a 670 is considered mid range wtf is a 7850? Like below low end? and a 7770 the Bone uses is some free garbage given for free with a purchase of beer? 670 mid range lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@Gue1 said:

I have a 760, that's 100 more than 670 almost.

Basically Playstation 4 and a half.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/830?vs=854

Funny things the 670 actually beat in most test the 760...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Hahahaha, so the Ultra specs that were released are bullshit? Or was that just to be able to get 60fps + Ultra Settings?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 m3dude1

@melonfarmerz said:

@m3dude1 said:

1) A dev literally just said the 670, a slightly weaker card, maxes the game out...

2) Medium settings in this game will most likely match that of the PS4's graphical fidelity so I don't mind if my 760 runs this poorly, as it'll still be better than your version ;)

do you rly wanna play "the devs said" card?

Avatar image for bigdogtwentytwo
BigdogTwentyTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BigdogTwentyTwo
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

I've seen this post a solid 5 times from different users. Stop creating alts man...

That person is bonkers... you can't put us all in the same category. I see where you're coming from, but acting like him doesn't make any of the pc players look any better.

@ladyblue said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

You know who youre talking to right,

MelonFarmerz is that sterotypical delusional PC extremist

I mean he wants to add the cost of PSN+ yearly

While ignoring the yearly costs of Steam and PC part upgrades etc

Never mind that PSN+ itself offers just as many great deals and gives away free games

Youre right that he is bad

And my basic point was just about hardware so he was reaching to begin with

At least we can agree that what I say is true, correct?

Im not bonkers. I didnt say anything thats false...and im sure you agree with what I said

Youre a good poster and Im a good poster.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

ultra++++++ here i come

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@bigdogtwentytwo said:

While ignoring the yearly costs of Steam

which is how many dollars?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

@bigdogtwentytwo said:

While ignoring the yearly costs of Steam...

What?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Keyword that everyone is missing "if you have the CPU to match"......This is a Ubisoft title we are talking about. That CPU means 75% of the performance meaning. Name me one Ubisoft title that uses a CPU effectively? 9 Out of 10 Games...the CPU is the bottleneck for Ubi games due to to their unwillingness to create a multi-thread friendly engine.

I bet the reason why the consoles run the game so low is not because the GPU can't handle it, it because engine is bottlenecked by the CPU (and that isn't a good thing for PC gamers either).

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By melonfarmerz

@bigdogtwentytwo: Fucking lol. You heard it here first everyone. Steam has yearly costs. PSN practically pays for itself

I'm not a PC elistist homie. I have a 360, PS3 and I'm getting a PS4 real soon. I'm just a realist. Not a blind fanboy like you. Even the hardcore fanboys here aren't as blind as you.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 melonfarmerz

@m3dude1 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@m3dude1 said:

do you rly wanna play "the devs said" card?

Touche. Ubisoft is probably lying. But if they say I can max the game out, I probably won't be running it at 20fps on high...

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@glez13 said:

@silversix_ said:

that is funny. if a 670 is considered mid range wtf is a 7850? Like below low end? and a 7770 the Bone uses is some free garbage given for free with a purchase of beer? 670 mid range lol.

Yes it is.. There is a 770 you know.. and a 780, 780 Ti, 7970 and 290x.. Those are high end. 670 and 7850 are mid to low-mid range.. I would say 7870 and 7950 are mid range.. But even they will work the consoles at 1080p. 280x, 290x, 780 and 780Ti is high end for super high resolutions and framerates. 1440p, 120 fps... no compromises.. That sort of thing

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 m3dude1

any dx11 card can max out the game, they say nothing about how shittily it will run with said maxed settings.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By melonfarmerz

@StrongBlackVine said:

@melonfarmerz: How will your PC run Destiny, FFXV, MGSV, KH3? No settings? 4 of the most anticipated multiplatform games of the generation completely unavailable on PC!

Are we actually trying to play the "I have X exclusives! Oh but I have Y exclusives" game?

And 2 of those games interest me so you know what I'll do? When those games come out, and if the reviews are good, I'll do something magical. Are you ready for this? I'll BUY a PS4! Because you see, unlike most of you fanboys, who think the PS4 is the messiah of gaming, I prefer PC because the exclusives are way better IMO. I have thousands of hours in games like DOTA and SC2 but if I see a console game I like, I'll actually BUY it.

That's right, believe it or not, most PC gamers CAN play RDR and GTA and TLOU. They simply choose not to limit themselves to a 7 year old box.