Microsoft will drop a megaton bomb at E3? Well.....

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

I'm making the prediction right now, MS will announce an updated X1 console. This console will come equipped with a 2TB HD, 16 GB RAM, 4 GB HBM memory, a modified Radeon Fury nano and a CPU with roughly double the performance. The price point will be $499.99.

This will launch later this year with a new Gears game and a super version of Quantum Break and you will need either a high end PC or this upgraded X1 to max them out @ 1080p. Of course if you want to keep your existing X1 then you can still play these games but at low to med settings and 720p.

The cool thing is even if you decide to just buy it for the X1 version, the same game will work for the upgraded X1 if you upgrade in the future only with modified graphics. Also, when you buy those games, you will get the PC version for free. So for example you decide to get the new Gears for the X1. Well then you will get that game plus the PC version for free. Then when you upgrade to the X1 in the future, you can not only play that Gears but your updated X1 will auto detect and you can max the graphics. :o

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

lol...

First off, even if it were true, price will easily be over $5,000.

Secondly, this would piss off all Xbox loyalists and make them switch to the PS bandwagon. Microsoft should be fighting to keep every last fanboy they have, because they have no one else besides diehard fanboys like CrapGamer and MisterXMedia.

Third, SONY can easily counter Microsoft's console with their own custom-designed hardware by the genius Mark Cerny, who single-handedly outsmarted Microsoft's entire engineering team. I guarantee you, if MS decides to play hardball, SONY will outengineer them 10000000000x harder than they did with the PS4. I'm talking about 200 petaflop performance CPU + GPU at only a $600 price point while Microsoft would need to sell consoles at $5 million each to reach that performance.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Not happening

Also Sony mentioned the possibility of hardware upgrades way before Microsoft did. The Xbox news is just getting more traction because it came from Phil Spencer. I don't think it will happen any time soon, but if it does it is not something that Sony is not prepared for. They have a counter for anything Xbox does.

Game. Set. Match.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Since we are predicting stuff that will obviously be true:

GTA VI will be announced at E3 as a NX exclusive staring Mario and Star Fox.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Is that you MisterXMedia?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I don't think MS is interested in losing more money

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib

@Xplode_games said:

So for example you decide to get the new Gears for the X1. Well then you will get that game plus the PC version for free. Then when you upgrade to the X1 in the future, you can not only play that Gears but your updated X1 will auto detect and you can max the graphics. :o

Worst buying decisions ever

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Your specs are loco bro.

I am however hoping that this is true in terms of a hardware refresh. No reason MSoft can't make this happen.

uwgt2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uwgt2z
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

Sony would be helpless against this since they're pouring what little cash and resources they have into their crappy VR gimmick which is going to bomb hard

@notafanboy said:

l

Third, SONY can easily counter Microsoft's console with their own custom-designed hardware by the genius Mark Cerny, who single-handedly outsmarted Microsoft's entire engineering team. I guarantee you, if MS decides to play hardball, SONY will outengineer them 10000000000x harder than they did with the PS4. I'm talking about 200 petaflop performance CPU + GPU at only a $600 price point while Microsoft would need to sell consoles at $5 million each to reach that performance.

The only people Mark Cerny has ever outsmarted were Sony's own dumbass fanbase, then again a wet paper napkin could outsmart the Playstation fanbase so that's not much of an accomplishment.

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#10 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

Xbox mini will probably be a thing this year.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@notafanboy said:

lol...

First off, even if it were true, price will easily be over $5,000.

Secondly, this would piss off all Xbox loyalists and make them switch to the PS bandwagon. Microsoft should be fighting to keep every last fanboy they have, because they have no one else besides diehard fanboys like CrapGamer and MisterXMedia.

This whole idea is far fetched in my opinion but the idea that Sony can answer a move like this and sell the console cheaper than MS is absolutely living in denial of financial facts about these companies. Sony (SNE) has a market cap of 31.04B. MSFT has a market cap of 419.75B. Now as I started I certainly do not believe MS will do this thing TC is suggesting. But if one company could afford this move it is not Sony who are loving the revenue from the PS4 that is helping dig them out of the debt hole the company is in. MSFT is not in debt as a company. Sony doesn't want to lay out the billions it would take to do something like this in their current state, and frankly I don't believe MS do either, even though they could spend the money easier.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Princess peach is a meth head prostitute.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@cainetao11: Neither company is about to put out a product that loses money. It should be quite obvious to everyone by now that Xbox does not have access to Microsoft's "warchest". At this point Sony is likely spending a lot more on gaming than Microsoft is so overall wealth of two entities is not much of advantage for Xbox at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Digital only Xbox one.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I kind of understood the whole upgrade system as a way to future proof future consoles.

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

Gears of War 4 is 1080p on X1

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@razik said:

That's only if you buy the upgraded X1.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

While I'm not sure Microsoft will be the ones to do this, I don't think this idea is as crazy as people think.

We've had patents from Nintendo for an SCD (Supplemental Computing Device), which effectively acts as an upgrade for a console.

This honestly to me seems like an interesting idea. Rather than releasing a brand new console every 5-6 years, instead you release a new model of the current one, and alongside it an SCD to allow people who owned the original to update their systems without having to pay full price again.

In fact, I think this might be the next necessary step honestly, and we could even be looking at a future where actual new consoles will no longer be a thing.
I mean it makes sense, people always want their consoles to be backwards compatible (even if it's rarely used), doing this would mean the library of games just stays with them forever. It also means we'd no long have to wait over 3 years after consoles launches for big games to finally start coming to them.

Consoles are already so PC-like, it just makes sense that this would be the next step.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Will m$ finally gonna use all their gazillions of dollars lems are talking about for gaming? We've been waiting since last gen,

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

And just like the past three E3s the only bombs being dropped will be from everyone collectively shitting themselves in laughter.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib

@Xplode_games said:
@razik said:

That's only if you buy the upgraded X1.

what upgraded X1?

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Microsoft hasn't had a bomb do damage in many years.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

The fury nano itself is like 600$

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

That sure is a mega bomb that will blow in their face if they do it.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrongBlackVine

@razik: They already said Gears 4 campaign will be 1080p/30fps. MP will be 60fps, bit they did not state a resolution.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Microsoft drops Megatons every year. They have a fleet of B-52s.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

I'm making the prediction right now, MS will announce an updated X1 console. This console will come equipped with a 2TB HD, 16 GB RAM, 4 GB HBM memory, a modified Radeon Fury nano and a CPU with roughly double the performance. The price point will be $499.99.

This will launch later this year with a new Gears game and a super version of Quantum Break and you will need either a high end PC or this upgraded X1 to max them out @ 1080p. Of course if you want to keep your existing X1 then you can still play these games but at low to med settings and 720p.

The cool thing is even if you decide to just buy it for the X1 version, the same game will work for the upgraded X1 if you upgrade in the future only with modified graphics. Also, when you buy those games, you will get the PC version for free. So for example you decide to get the new Gears for the X1. Well then you will get that game plus the PC version for free. Then when you upgrade to the X1 in the future, you can not only play that Gears but your updated X1 will auto detect and you can max the graphics. :o

16GB of ram WTF for? Radeon Fury Nano paired with a CPU roughly double in performance to the XBO Jaguar? For what to see it bottleneck to hell and beyond.?

Some people can't build a system even if they had a complete computer part store at their feet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cainetao11

@StrongBlackVine said:

@cainetao11: Neither company is about to put out a product that loses money. It should be quite obvious to everyone by now that Xbox does not have access to Microsoft's "warchest". At this point Sony is likely spending a lot more on gaming than Microsoft is so overall wealth of two entities is not much of advantage for Xbox at all.

All that is conjecture. Xbox is not a separate entity from Microsofts funds as neither are Sony's camera or insurance divisions. I believe I said quite clearly I do not believe MS would do this sort of thing but the bottom line of this is IF one company COULD, MS could much easier than Sony. Denying that simple fact of financials of these companies is as absurd as TC's prediction to begin with.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I'm predicting the lamest E3 ever for MS. They'll talk about cross platform, cross play, cross buy. It's going to be a mess.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Megaton flops you mean. The last flop was Floplo 5 and the one before that was Titanflop.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@cainetao11 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

All that is conjecture. Xbox is not a separate entity from Microsofts funds as neither are Sony's camera or insurance divisions. I believe I said quite clearly I do not believe MS would do this sort of thing but the bottom line of this is IF one company COULD, MS could much easier than Sony. Denying that simple fact of financials of these companies is as absurd as TC's prediction to begin with.

You are talking about IF, while I am talking what they are actually doing. IF Microsoft was going to going crazy and try spend their way to domination they would have done it by now. I'm not denying their financial superiority...I'm saying hasn't helped then beat Sony and probably never will.

Why aren't they dropping the Xbox One to $199 and buying their way back into competition? Because companies want to make money on investment no matter how they have.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cainetao11

@StrongBlackVine said:
@cainetao11 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

You are talking about IF, while I am talking what they are actually doing. IF Microsoft was going to going crazy and try spend their way to domination they would have done it by now. I'm not denying their financial superiority...I'm saying hasn't helped then beat Sony and probably never will.

And you are replying to me about WOULD when I answered someone about COULD because that poster made a point about which company could do this move with Xbox needing to charge more for the console than Sony if it happened. If one company is digging itself out of a financial hole and the other is flush in the black it's quite obvious which could do it. You're trying to make this into an argument I never posed.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I'm predicting the lamest E3 ever for MS. They'll talk about cross platform, cross play, cross buy. It's going to be a mess.

I don't see what they can even announce at this point. They barely have any studios and the ones they do have are stuck working on 1 franchise each and 3rd parties won't be giving them anymore timed exclusives.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Who wants to bet it turns out to be not a mega ton announcement.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I don't see what they can even announce at this point. They barely have any studios and the ones they do have are stuck working on 1 franchise each and 3rd parties won't be giving them anymore timed exclusives.

That's the thing. They won't announce much when it comes to new games. It'll be all about the new universal platform and how current and old games will be a part of it. Then they'll show new footage of games already in production.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NotAFanboy

@cainetao11 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

The problem with your asinine argument is that Microsoft (And every company worth billions of dollars) is run by people who value money over fanboy wars.

Do you really think Microsoft is going to spend $70 billion on a small, very insignificant division because they want to feel superior to SONY? Get real. The Xbox division probably has an annual budget no bigger than $25 million a year.

In any big company with multiple divisions, each division is treated as a separate business. If it's not performing up to snuff, then the division gets canned. The only advantage having a parent company gives you is no debt from capital borrowing (Since you are using the parent company's cash to operate). Aside from that, you are assigned a budget based on your performance and get canned if you're a loss-maker (Recent studio closures ring a bell?).

Right now, Microsoft has been subsidizing Xbox losses, because they believed that the division would eventually become extremely profitable once they knock-out SONY and become the defacto name in gaming. This is becoming less and less believable among both executives and investors, and the possibility of MS leaving the console market is increasing by the year. SONY has learned their lesson with the PS3 and a reasonable man would bet that SONY won't be making the same mistake EVER, denying MS the chance of making in-roads in SONY's turf like they did last gen.

Contrary to current cow beliefs, I don't think Xbox ONE will be Microsoft's last console. Microsoft will try 1 last time to win the market next gen, but that will only happen if SONY screws up like they did with the PS3. If SONY doesn't mess up with the PS5, which they probably won't, then the next xbox won't do any better than the current xbox and that is when Microsoft will call it quits.

Even their cash cow Xbox LIVE seems to be hurting. Microsoft opening up their network to competitor networks is proof that there weren't that many players on Xbox LIVE and they are worried the remaining players will leave to more populated networks. A friend of mine who owns the Xbox ONE keeps complaining that it takes forever to find matches because hardly anyone is on Xbox LIVE anymore.

Furthermore, I sincerely doubt the overinflated 20 million current sales estimate from VGChartz. I suspect Xbone sales to be closer to 15 million. This isn't fanboy wars. This is just business.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Lol, sounds awesome!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Better yet: XboxOS can now be run on any PC and can play any and all Xbox One games.

Imagine the fallout of a move like that...

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

This 100%. They're going to push unification between their platforms similar to Apple's products.

They're going big into the XBox app. They'll show some DX 12 stuff. Maybe announce/show off a game running on DX 12 looking and performing well.

That and some of the usual E3 guff.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cainetao11

@notafanboy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

The problem with your asinine argument is that Microsoft (And every company worth billions of dollars) is run by people who value money over fanboy wars.

Do you really think Microsoft is going to spend $70 billion on a small, very insignificant division because they want to feel superior to SONY? Get real. The Xbox division probably has an annual budget no bigger than $25 million a year.

In any big company with multiple divisions, each division is treated as a separate business. If it's not performing up to snuff, then the division gets canned. The only advantage having a parent company gives you is no debt from capital borrowing (Since you are using the parent company's cash to operate). Aside from that, you are assigned a budget based on your performance and get canned if you're a loss-maker (Recent studio closures ring a bell?).

Right now, Microsoft has been subsidizing Xbox losses, because they believed that the division would eventually become extremely profitable once they knock-out SONY and become the defacto name in gaming. This is becoming less and less believable among both executives and investors, and the possibility of MS leaving the console market is increasing by the year. SONY has learned their lesson with the PS3 and a reasonable man would bet that SONY won't be making the same mistake EVER, denying MS the chance of making in-roads in SONY's turf like they did last gen.

Contrary to current cow beliefs, I don't think Xbox ONE will be Microsoft's last console. Microsoft will try 1 last time to win the market next gen, but that will only happen if SONY screws up like they did with the PS3. If SONY doesn't mess up with the PS5, which they probably won't, then the next xbox won't do any better than the current xbox and that is when Microsoft will call it quits.

Even their cash cow Xbox LIVE seems to be hurting. Microsoft opening up their network to competitor networks is proof that there weren't that many players on Xbox LIVE and they are worried the remaining players will leave to more populated networks. A friend of mine who owns the Xbox ONE keeps complaining that it takes forever to find matches because hardly anyone is on Xbox LIVE anymore.

Furthermore, I sincerely doubt the overinflated 20 million current sales estimate from VGChartz. I suspect Xbone sales to be closer to 15 million. This isn't fanboy wars. This is just business.

Now go back and read your first post. Asinine? Stating MS would have to charge more for this ridiculous theoretic mid gen console upgrade than Sony when financially they could take the capital loss easier than Sony. You ask do I really think MS would do this? Are you retarded or just haven't retained a word I have posted? I have repeatedly said I don't believe they would do this.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NotAFanboy

@cainetao11 said:
@notafanboy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Now go back and read your first post. Asinine? Stating MS would have to charge more for this ridiculous theoretic mid gen console upgrade than Sony when financially they could take the capital loss easier than Sony. You ask do I really think MS would do this? Are you retarded or just haven't retained a word I have posted? I have repeatedly said I don't believe they would do this.

Microsoft engineers aren't as smart as SONY engineers. That doesn't even include Mark Cerny, whose genius rivals Newton and Einstein. It would take them 10000000000x the amount of money to make a console half as strong as SONY if SONY isn't trying hard.

The current Xbone cost over $9 billion in R&D while SONY only spent $1 million in R&D. That's a $9,000 to $1 ratio.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

If it isn't a publishing deal to bring Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Team Fortress 3 and Half-Life 3 as console exclusives on X1/W10 & Steam, then it won't be big enough to be a Megaton.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I predict Halo 6 will be shown and it'll be release in 2017. It have to since they have nothing but Gears and Halo. Sad but it's truth. They probably won't even be exclusive.

2015 Halo 5

2016 Gears 4

2017 Halo 6

2018 Gears 5

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Really man lol? I don't think so....

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

My more realistic expectations of Microsoft at E3 are for them to announce a new IP and another awesome collection of games releasing later this year (like Halo MCC and Rare Replay).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cainetao11

@notafanboy: Okey doke your off in space now. Say hi to L. Ron Hubbard

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Legend002 said:

I predict Halo 6 will be shown and it'll be release in 2017. It have to since they have nothing but Gears and Halo. Sad but it's truth. They probably won't even be exclusive.

2015 Halo 5

2016 Gears 4

2017 Halo 6

2018 Gears 5

Not going to happen. They are still focusing on updates for halo 5 if you follow the community blog and they will probably focus a bit on halo 5 still and definitely halo wars 2 at E3. There may be a tiny sneak peek into what's next for the halo universe at E3, but I expect they will save that for the E3 after E32016 or sometime before then.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: remember when backwards compatibility was going to convince everyone with a 360 to get a bone?

Teh megatunz.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Quantum Break looks miles ahead of any other console game ever made. They don't need to make such a drastic change. I expect an Xbox Slim, slim to minimal chance of being upgradeable.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Kinect 3.0