Microsoft want generic shooters, not creative titles (proof)

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

The title "rime" a title currently for the Playstation 4 was apparently pitched to Microsoft first. Sadly, it wasn't a first person shooter designed for tellytubby gangsters on xboxlive talking about your mother while shooting ethnic people in the face, so they turned it down.

Is this factually based proof Microsoft has 0 interest in creative interesting titles?

Eurogamer, like gamespot but good

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Was promised proof, found no proof

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Considering the XBone doesn't even work well with a 50hz signal properly, and hell, Kinect on the 360 had a hard time detecting black people..

In Microsoft-Land, XBox is for white middle class Americans. The cream of the crop in the videogame industry demographics. Nothing else matters to them. It is and seems to always have been WalMartBox 'MuricaFuckYeah.

Just like they did with 360, they will pay only lip service to anything that doesn't fit that model. There's just not as much of a carrot to troll Sony fans with cross-plat JRPG announcements anymore. There's no more 'BOOM' to doing it.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

MS gotta love dem shootbangs

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Project Spark's very existence kind of disproves that entire theory.

Microsoft does have a thing against single player only games though. They want everything to be connected and other mulitplayer buzzwords. It's a toxic mentality that limits the games that are going to be on their system.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Wasdie said:

Project Sparks very existence kind of disproves that entire theory.

Not a game.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wasdie  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

@Wasdie said:

Project Sparks very existence kind of disproves that entire theory.

Not a game.

How is it not a game?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Microsoft does have a thing against single player only games though. They want everything to be connected and other mulitplayer buzzwords. It's a toxic mentality that limits the games that are going to be on their system.

Hmmm. That's rather up in the air. A "me-too" title for LBP was certainly a generation in the making lol

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Unlike the PS4 and it's top quality creative titles, such as Killzone Shooty Gun, Olde Fashioned London Shooter, Infamous Pretend These Super Powers Aren't Basically Just Guns and of course, upcoming Naughty Dog megaton, Uncharted And The Quest for Shooting Motherfuckers

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Shewgenja said:

@Wasdie said:

Hmmm. That's rather up in the air. A "me-too" title for LBP was certainly a generation in the making lol

It's like Mario, without the content. Or good. Also not a game.
These apps should be sold on googleplay.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@Wasdie said:

To be fair, Microsoft has an edge over their competitors in online infrastructure especially now with the push to get Azure integrated into Xbox. I see it as one of the strategies to distinguish their platform.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Wasdie said:

It's like Mario, without the content. Or good. Also not a game.

These apps should be sold on googleplay.

That doesn't make it not a game. You opinion here isn't fact.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wasdie  Moderator

@hoyalawya said:

@Wasdie said:

To be fair, Microsoft has an edge over their competitors in online infrastructure especially now with the push to get Azure integrated into Xbox. I see it as one of the strategies to distinguish their platform.

I understand why they are doing it I just disagree it's the right direction and it will cost them more of the market than they believe it will.

Look at how well Skryim has done on all platforms. There is a healthy market for single-player only games. Microsoft is foolish to be focusing just on network connectivity.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Single player games generally arent system sellers. Nobody is gonna rush out and buy expensive hardware for some game they will beat in a week. However they will do it for a game that they expect to give them months of entertainment.

Hell even most my PC builds/upgrades coincide with some MMO i want to play. And i rarely ever pay full price for single players games, usually wait for them to hit the bargain bin... with the exception of RPGs since those usually offer a ton of content for the money.

Frankly i think MS is just concentrating on giving gamers what they want.... and maybe my buying habits are toxic to the industry, but the value proposition is fantastic for my wallet.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wasdie  Moderator

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

Single player games generally arent system sellers. Nobody is gonna rush out and buy expensive hardware for some game they will beat in a week. However they will do it for a game that they expect to give them months of entertainment.

Hell even most my PC builds/upgrades coincide with some MMO i want to play. And i rarely ever pay full price for single players games, usually wait for them to hit the bargain bin... with the exception of RPGs since i know those usually offer tons of gameplay per dollar.

Frankly i think MS is just concentrating on giving gamers what they want.... and maybe my buying habits are toxic to the industry, but the value proposition is fantastic for my wallet.

Since when did single player games not become system sellers? If a game is good people will buy it and the platform its on. Simple as that.

Microsoft isn't giving gamers what they want, its giving gamers what they believe gamers want. That doesn't benefit the gamer. They could support all types of games but they are choosing not to.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

Project Spark is an app.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/project-spark/735aaf10-e354-4645-9cb4-c9f2fc391ec5

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

The title "rime" a title currently for the Playstation 4 was apparently pitched to Microsoft first. Sadly, it wasn't a first person shooter designed for tellytubby gangsters on xboxlive talking about your mother while shooting ethnic people in the face, so they turned it down.

Is this factually based proof Microsoft has 0 interest in creative interesting titles?

Eurogamer, like gamespot but good

Loading Video...

Rime looks great and I hate the One lost it, but when you look at new IPs like Quantum Break (gameplay directly affects an entire season of a television show included with the game, time altering elements, from a great dev) and Sunset Overdrive (open world third person shooter) and then Fable Legends (RPG 4 player co-op) and then Project Spark (game creation) Killer Instinct (Fighting game) Kinect Sports (motion control, family oriented) and then you add Halo 5, Titanfall, Gears of War 3 and Forza Horizon (racing) thats a pretty damn diverse lineup IMHO.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Project Spark is an app.

it's a game..get over it

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

No one cares about an indie game called Rine

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lawlessx said:

it's a game..get over it

My friend, is notepad a game? Come now.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Project Spark is an app.

it's a game..get over it

I don't thing he's going to get over it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@lostrib said:

Was promised proof, found no proof

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

They did similar shit with Heavy Rain. Only that time the reason was the game content and story was too subjective for Microsoft and their family friendly image.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Is this factually based proofMicrosoft has 0 interest in creative interesting titles?

As supposed to fictionally based proof? The word proof implies fact by default or else it would not be proven.

P.S your thread sucks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

They did similar shit with Heavy Rain. Only that time the reason was the game content and story was too subjective for Microsoft and their family friendly image.

too subjective?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

it's a game..get over it

Anything's a game if you play with it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lostrib

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

it's a game..get over it

;)

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Wasdie said:

It does coincide with their previous "always online" policy everyone hated

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Dumb conclusion, and there is already a thread on this.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Couldn't agree with that more. Neglecting offline play denies 'sure thing' sales because everyone can play the product and not just people with stable internet connections or people that are in the right location for fibre BB

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lawlessx

@lostrib said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

it's a game..get over it

;)

oh jesus lol

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Came in thread expecting proof,I am disappoint.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Wasdie said:

Hell even most my PC builds/upgrades coincide with some MMO i want to play. And i rarely ever pay full price for single players games, usually wait for them to hit the bargain bin... with the exception of RPGs since i know those usually offer tons of gameplay per dollar.

Since when did single player games not become system sellers? If a game is good people will buy it and the platform its on. Simple as that.

Microsoft isn't giving gamers what they want, its giving gamers what they believe gamers want. That doesn't benefit the gamer. They could support all types of games but they are choosing not to.

I think gamers prioritizing multiplayer over single player is a trend thats been happening for quite some time.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

SONY is a sanctuary for developers.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

This proof explains games like Killer Instinct, Project Spark, Below, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, D4, and a whole bunch of other titles coming for Xbox One that are totally generic shooters

Sony, on the other hand, only develops creative non-shooter games such as Killzone, Uncharted, and The Order.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Project Spark is an app.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/project-spark/735aaf10-e354-4645-9cb4-c9f2fc391ec5

Wth does that even mean. Is not a game? Games are technically applications.

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/bbbb3182-12e9-4cbd-a222-f922fb67bec8

As for your topic, kinda strange considering the launch big title for PS4 was a FPS and MS has yet to publish a shooter for xbox one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 uninspiredcup

So many Microsoft fanboys.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:

Project Spark is an app.

It is both

Category: Game

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edidili

@uninspiredcup said:

Nice comeback bro

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lawlessx
@uninspiredcup said:

So now anyone that doesn't agree with your warped mindset is a fanboy?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@StriateEnd said:

@bobbetybob said:

Unlike the PS4 and it's top quality creative titles, such as Killzone Shooty Gun, Olde Fashioned London Shooter, Infamous Pretend These Super Powers Aren't Basically Just Guns and of course, upcoming Naughty Dog megaton, Uncharted And The Quest for Shooting Motherfuckers

Killzone SF, The Order and Uncharted 4. Then take a look at the rest of Sony's first party library. Only a small fraction are shooters breh. You can bet your arse the PS4 will have a diverse set of exclusives as the years go by. Just like EVERY Sony console/handheld.

What's retarded about that? I was obviously exaggerating to an extent but a lot of the electricity powers made the games feel like bad third person shooters at times.

I'm sure the PS4 will have unique exclusives as the years go by, but they sure aren't starting out with many.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 uninspiredcup

My friends, this is "conceptual" proof. A principle in action. Instead of looking at it objectively, what we have are xbox favored users trying to pimp off apps as games and listing other action games like killer instinces as if they too are groundbreaking indie titles. Utterly ludicrous.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, this is "conceptual" proof. A principle in action. Instead of looking at it objectively, what we have are xbox favored users trying to pimp off apps as games and listing other action games like killer instinces as if they too are groundbreaking indie titles. Utterly ludicrous.

Project spark is a game

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By edidili

@uninspiredcup said:

No idea why you're trying so hard to downplay project spark. Is it because it can run on tablets too? Is it because it is getting distributed from a store?

The game you originally posted doesn't look like a monster either. Looks like it can run on my phone. Chill out with these double standards.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No interest in Xbox One games because, you know, I'm totally not a telletubby gangsta.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No interest in Xbox One games because, you know, I'm totally not a telletubby gangsta.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Already had a thread on this.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50  Edited By mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

I'll play my shooters on my Xbox and I'll play games like this on my iPhone. Keep it, PS4.