Microsoft Sucks! Free XBLG for the chinese till March '15?

• 85 results
#1 Edited by B4X (3789 posts) -

linkage

"The Xbox One will launch in China on 23rd September, Microsoft has announced, and will ship with two free games and free access to Xbox Gold through March 2015."

Fucking Americans got jack shit.

Let's give everyone freeshit but our most loyal supporters. :Microsoft

#2 Posted by lostrib (35050 posts) -

Actually that makes quite a bit of sense...

#3 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3017 posts) -

Chinese are more loyal. They built the xbones with their hands.

#4 Posted by Chutebox (36762 posts) -

Damn, what are the free games?

#5 Edited by B4X (3789 posts) -

Americans Built it with their money.

#6 Posted by B4X (3789 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Damn, what are the free games?

Powerstar Golf and Neverwinter Online

#7 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

$599.99! lawl no.

They should be given 4 years of xbl to make up for that ripoff price.

#8 Edited by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

Such a shame that it "only" costs the equivalent of 600$.

#9 Posted by B4X (3789 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

I have no Clue why they're that price? Damn consoles are built there. Maybe the Chinese partnerships are ridiculously priced?

That price does not FIT that region. I have a feeling Sony and Nintendo won't be an exception? They will be on par.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (39409 posts) -

Well, considering the price..

#11 Posted by Daious (1159 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

Damn consoles are built there. Maybe the Chinese partnerships are ridiculously priced?

It shouldn't be priced that high. People buy things at such a large mark down there. TVs, for instance, are dirt cheap. Maybe its a tax of some sort because China recently allowed consoles to be sold (maybe some sort of regulation?). Maybe its priced so high because it has 2 additional games and live for 6 months. Who knows

#12 Posted by B4X (3789 posts) -

You guys have a point...

Still Americans got jack shit...free.

/whatever

#13 Edited by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@b4x: No idea on why the price is so high, but the freebies are clearly a way to "bait (in a good way) people in, given the pricing. Problem is (and Sony and Nintendo will also suffer from this) that pirated/blackmarket consoles can be aquired for half that price, right now. Give it another year or two and they'll be even cheaper.

Dem pirates yo! China has now loads of people that can more or less afford consoles, but not with prices starting at $600. The big 3 will almost need to work together to create a proper "console culture" per say.

#14 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

LOL @ $599 pricetag. It's gonna tank really hard there.

#15 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

Well at least the chinese save some money on that heft 600$ price tag, Don't know if they'll buy it though.

#16 Posted by Chutebox (36762 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Holy shit, in freaking CHINA? I don't get it.

#17 Posted by Chutebox (36762 posts) -
@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:

You guys have a point...

/whatever

Bought mine used for 500 bucks. Got a couple games and extra plug and play controller too!

#18 Posted by lostrib (35050 posts) -

@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:

You guys have a point...

/whatever

why would they?

It's the Chinese they really need to convince to buy their console

#19 Edited by B4X (3789 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@b4x: No idea on why the price is so high, but the freebies are clearly a way to "bait (in a good way) people in, given the pricing. Problem is (and Sony and Nintendo will also suffer from this) that pirated/blackmarket consoles can be aquired for half that price, right now. Give it another year or two and they'll be even cheaper.

Dem pirates yo! China has now loads of people that can more or less afford consoles, but not with prices starting at $600. The big 3 will almost need to work together to create a proper "console culture" per say.

True. Even if China enforced stricter regulations on pirating I feel it would have little to no effect. They deserve the right with pirating IMO...with the way their Government allows their society to basically be the slave workforce of the world. I feel bad for their people. There are just so many Chinese that need jobs to feed their family. It allows them to be exploited....../sad

#20 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@Chutebox: Not sure either. I'm guessing there is some legal BS behind this. Or just MS shooting themselves in the foot. One or the other...

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (43048 posts) -

I wonder if this is the cost of doing business there... The government may have lifted the ban only to slap a bunch of charges onto the price. Who knows?

Still, it seems like games will be cheaper.

#22 Posted by B4X (3789 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Chutebox: Not sure either. I'm guessing there is some legal BS behind this. Or just MS shooting themselves in the foot. One or the other...

It could be a tariff imposed by the Chinese government. If I had to guess. I think pockets are getting lined at the expense of the people. Common practice in China.

#23 Posted by Alcapello (823 posts) -

Oh my, how embarrassing...is this really what the chinese wants to deal with after the console ban age? How offensive, why not just let Sony take care of business there stop making a fools of yourselves.

#24 Posted by B4X (3789 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:

You guys have a point...

/whatever

Bought mine used for 500 bucks. Got a couple games and extra plug and play controller too!

I paid $223.00 for my second X1 total. I did trade in my X360 though for $150.... :\

I went to BestBuy Friday and they gave me that in store 50 dollar gift card promotion on top of the original deal.

I bought 50 dollars in Amazon gift cards.

They also gave me $303.00 for an 4gb Xbox Slim.. due to computer error.

I think I'm going to stay away from BestBuy for awhile. Till the dust settles. :p

#25 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1581 posts) -

Here in tier 2 countries there'll a bundle with FIFA 15 and Forza 5 for 400 euros. Know why? Because MS needs to play nice with others since they didn't launch early like the PS4.

as for teh chinese, whatever. It's PC gaming land there, liek South Korea. You could price the xb1 or the ps4 at 300, and they'll barely sell. I'm sure of this.

#26 Posted by Alcapello (823 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:
@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:

You guys have a point...

/whatever

I paid $223.00 for my second X1 total. I did trade in my X360 though for $150.... :\

I went to BestBuy Friday and they gave me that in store 50 dollar gift card promotion on top of the original deal.

I bought 50 dollars in Amazon gift cards.

They also gave me $303.00 for an 4gb Xbox Slim.. due to computer error.

I think I'm going to stay away from BestBuy for awhile. Till the dust settles. :p

Sound like you got it all figure out

#27 Posted by Alcapello (823 posts) -

Microsoft got unlucky with this one imho.

If the ban was lifted during 360 glory day, this could have built trust and relation with the chinese for this gen, however, once microsoft stumble into china and the chinese boy get disappointing, the repercussions will be like pearl harbor all over again.

#28 Posted by B4X (3789 posts) -

@alcapello: I kinda feel bad..:\

I like my money though.

#29 Edited by B4X (3789 posts) -

If the ban was lifted during 360 glory day, this could have built trust and relation with the chinese for this gen, however, once microsoft stumble into china and the chinese boy get disappointing, the repercussions will be like pearl harbor all over again.

#30 Posted by Daious (1159 posts) -

@b4x said:

@alcapello said:

I was going to post a picture of a history book and a link to information on pearl harbor but your gif will suffice.

#31 Posted by magicalclick (22510 posts) -

China charges tax.

#32 Edited by SolidTy (42557 posts) -

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@alcapello said:

I was going to post a picture of a history book and a link to information on pearl harbor but your gif will suffice.

Yes, everyone should know it was the Germany bombing Pearly Harbors with their Mitsubishi A6M Zero planes, not China.

#33 Posted by getyeryayasout (7221 posts) -

#34 Posted by Bishop1310 (1009 posts) -

@b4x said:

linkage

"The Xbox One will launch in China on 23rd September, Microsoft has announced, and will ship with two free games and free access to Xbox Gold through March 2015."

trying to introduce a console into a market that is typically not easy to grab?... this is a smart move. The world doesn't revolve around Americans you ignorant fuck.

#35 Edited by B4X (3789 posts) -

@b4x said:

linkage

trying to introduce a console into a market that is typically not easy to grab?... this is a smart move. The world doesn't revolve around Americans you ignorant fuck.

#36 Posted by slimdogmilionar (521 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

$599.99! lawl no.

They should be given 4 years of xbl to make up for that ripoff price.

The price is gonna be high for all consoles, earlier this month I was reading that the Chinese are adding crazy taxes on consoles.

#37 Posted by cainetao11 (17012 posts) -

Its no different than what Bungie did with destiny on ps4. Approach a new customer base with bonuses. Its typical business.

#38 Posted by Syn_Valence (1348 posts) -

Its no different than what Bungie did with destiny on ps4. Approach a new customer base with bonuses. Its typical business.

Did you just compare cows to the Chinese???

#39 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4221 posts) -

Know what else it's got? A permanent region lock.

Xbone destined to fail in China just as it's destined to fail everywhere else in tier 2.

#40 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6192 posts) -

Put down your chop sticks and pick up that sweet, sexy Xbox One Controller!!!!!

#41 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4221 posts) -

I figured Justin wouldn't take the news of the Xbone's price and region locking well.

#42 Edited by FastRobby (1324 posts) -

@b4x said:

linkage

Are you serious? The Americans have always gotten things first, cry babies... Microsoft made a billion dollar deal with the NFL, do you see me giving a fuck?

#43 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Desmonic said:

I have no Clue why they're that price? Damn consoles are built there. Maybe the Chinese partnerships are ridiculously priced?

That price does not FIT that region. I have a feeling Sony and Nintendo won't be an exception? They will be on par.

Because it's Microsoft there actions aren't supposed to make sense.

You know if you're this upset you could always Jump Ship, Sony will forgive you for your Xbot ways and Nintendoians will accept anybody.

#44 Posted by clr84651 (5392 posts) -

It's called a job to make an income, not loyalty. They didn't do it free. They build PS4s too.

#45 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

I don't see the problem....silly them but they are trying to sell Xbox's

#46 Posted by SecretPolice (21561 posts) -

Seems like the least of things to fret about.

#47 Edited by Heil68 (43607 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

#48 Posted by jsmoke03 (12786 posts) -

@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:

You guys have a point...

/whatever

well if americans stop giving them money for online, then maybe they would give americans free stuff.

#49 Edited by B4X (3789 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:

You guys have a point...

/whatever

well if americans stop giving them money for online, then maybe they would give americans free stuff.

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (17012 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Did you just compare cows to the Chinese???

No I compared the two business strategies of Bungie to PS audience and Microsoft to the Chinese gaming audience. But Chinese Cows? They're going to be funny