Microsoft says F*** you...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (3942 posts) -

...give me my money!

Microsoft has said that it's "hugely appreciative" of those who picked up an Xbox One at launch, but clarified that it "can't offer a retroactive refund" to those upset about this week's price cut.

Speaking to OXM about the price drop, Xbox UK marketing director Harvey Eagle said that the company is "hugely appreciative of people that have supported us since launch. What I would say is that mainly the consoles that were bought in the run-up to launch did come with a game included, and this offer is timed to celebrate the launch of Titanfall.

"Unfortunately we can't offer a retroactive refund to people, but we thank them very much and we're hugely appreciative of them being on board since the beginning."

Microsoft announced earlier this week that Xbox One would be receiving a permanent price cut this Friday, dropping the price from £429.99 to £399.99. For a limited time, the console will also include a free digital copy of Titanfall or FIFA 14.

Understandably, though, the news upset some fans who paid full price for the console at launch.

"Currently waiting to get onto support," wrote VideoGamer.com user Karlius. "Complaining about being part of the xbox one beta and having paid £30 for the privilege. Lets see how this goes lol."

http://www.videogamer.com/news/microsoft_cant_offer_retroactive_refund_to_xbox_one_buyers_upset_by_price_cut.html

now that the hardcore audience are in we lower the price after 3 months AFTER 3 months LMAO for the casual nerds that don't care about gaming.

MS begging begins plz get in!

#2 Posted by StormyJoe (5864 posts) -

@lglz1337:

Cows: XBox One is too expensive.

MS lowers the price.

Cows: MS screwed everyone over by lowering the price!

LOL!

#3 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12208 posts) -

People aren't entitled to free content or money just because they purchased a piece of hardware early.

#4 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5787 posts) -

the positive press just keeps rolling in for m$. they should at least offer some xbl game to hush the disgruntled.

#5 Edited by Wasdie (50356 posts) -

I'm not sure why people get so upset when a product they buy gets a price cut after they purchase it. You buy it knowing that the retailer or the manufacturer can drop the price at any time. It's disappointing to know that you paid a bit more, but you knew that going in.

If you're an early adopter of a new product you should expect things like this to happen, not get upset when they do. That's the whole risk of being an early adapter. If Sony were to slash the price of the PS4 by $100 I wouldn't get upset despite paying full price for mine. It's not my decision to make. I just want them to be successful so that games continue to be made for the console.

#6 Posted by misterpmedia (3783 posts) -

Please understand.

#7 Edited by Crypt_mx (4184 posts) -

You knew what you were doing when you bought the Xbox, everyone is well aware that the price may drop after launch, but that shouldn't be your concern.

If you build a gaming PC one month, the next month it may be considerably cheaper. It's just the risk you take when you buy ANY technology. Obviously the people who bought the xbox at full price thought it was worth it and wanted to support MS on day one, but now they are complaining? Cmmon internet, the Xbox price drop is a GREAT thing for people in the UK, and bundling it with Titanfall is even sweeter.

#9 Edited by darkangel115 (1931 posts) -

That goes to show the immaturity of gamers. I mean i can't buy a car when its brand new, then 3 months later complain about the price because the dealership slashed a few thousand off the price. It goes to show that people here aren't even old enough for basic things like making purchases or understanding how businesses work.

#10 Edited by NFJSupreme (5384 posts) -

You would complain if they didn't cut the price.

#11 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@juarbles said:

xboners deserve to be taken advantage of because of their lack of intelligence.

You seem to lack intelligence so you must be a "xboner"

#12 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@Wasdie: well said! I can't agree more!

#13 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (28194 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I'm not sure why people get so upset when a product they buy gets a price cut after they purchase it. You buy it knowing that the retailer or the manufacturer can drop the price at any time. It's disappointing to know that you paid a bit more, but you knew that going in.

If you're an early adopter of a new product you should expect things like this to happen, not get upset when they do. That's the whole risk of being an early adapter. If Sony were to slash the price of the PS4 by $100 I wouldn't get upset despite paying full price for mine. It's not my decision to make. I just want them to be successful so that games continue to be made for the console.

Well said. Being an early adopter is a risk you take.

#14 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

what a bunch of whiny assholes

#15 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

This is why you don't buy a console day 1 especially when there aren't any good games on it.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

#16 Edited by kuu2 (7639 posts) -

Anyone complaining is foolish. The Euro market got a free pack in game at launch and now there has been a price cut on the console which happens all the time. People are angry for buying a product early????

Sounds like a first world problem which no one cares about.

#17 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337:

MS lowers the price.

LOL!

So true, man. But seriously, first adopters will always pay more as all devices get eventual price cuts. It is what it is. shrugs.

#19 Edited by MBirdy88 (8565 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337:

MS lowers the price.

LOL!

I agree with you.... its kinda pathetic at this point.

It shouldn't matter when a price drop happens, this happens in retail all the time for various reasons. the people who bought it at its original value knew what they were doing. and should have no reward. this is a business not a charity. the product was "right for them" at the price they paid.

I can't see how lowering the price and offering titanfall as a limited time deal is somehow anything other than a good promotion and the company actually being SMART for doing so. Promoting what will be on the biggest next gen games of the yea?

Lets be honest here, the cows are only up in arms because they know they don't have a "killer title" this year... something that you can't get on X1. I mean dont get me wrong, a multiplat is a multiplat ... and that does WEAKEN the whole Titnfall deal since lemmings can play on 360 and hermits can play the best version.

BUT.... love seeing the cows, who still have no good games, and hyping infamous ... just because its the only game for ages.... even though the industry quite clearly cares little for it beyond its graphics cry about this to try and cover the fact:

X1 is about to have a fantastic game, that you scrubs who payed £350 for a launch console will not get and that there is sitll no signs of something fantastic releaseing anytime soon unique or at least not available on X1.

#20 Edited by clyde46 (46992 posts) -

Haters gunna hate.

#21 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Wasdie said:

STFU 3 months after purchase? who expects that? thats less than half the previous record, and the previous record included 2 games an a controller to early adopters.

Honestly this "thats the risk you take" garbage has to stop

Thats like going skydiving knowing the risk of death is 1 in one million, then they shove you out of the plane and say "hey, 99% of our customers die" then being like "well thats the risk" Shut up. No intelligent person would expect this risk.

#22 Edited by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@BeardMaster said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Wasdie said:

STFU 3 months after purchase? who expects that? thats less than half the previous record, and the previous record included 2 games an a controller to early adopters.

Honestly this "thats the risk you take garbage has to stop"

Thats like going skydiving knowing the risk of death is 1 in one million, then they shove you out of the plane and say "hey, 99% of our customers die" then being like "well thats the risk" Shut up.

Bunch of bitchy little girls

#23 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

People defending Microsoft make me laugh. Their price cut indicated to me that they finally realised the price was too high in the UK so they panic cut it. The fact that MS tries to bullshit people with this limited time titan fall offer is stupid. No this is going to be the price from now on,

Basically all the early adopters got for their preorders and supporting Microsoft is a slap in the face. Can't wait for them to unbundle the Kinect and curb stomp the early adopter again with a fragmented Kinect install base and false promises, because that's what you can expect with this sort of attitude.

#24 Edited by lglz1337 (3942 posts) -

@lostrib: he is right after 3 months price cut is a big fuck you in the face of your hardcore audience! fact

#25 Edited by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: he is right after 3 months price cut is a big fuck you in the face of your hardcore audience! fact

I honestly just wanted to use the line from Burn Notice

#26 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8788 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Just like you apparently.

#27 Edited by Shewgenja (9964 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Agreed. A fool and their money are easily parted.

#28 Edited by Snugenz (12277 posts) -

Cows, fighting for lemming rights since 2002, why they do that?, no fucking idea.

#29 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6382 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337:

MS lowers the price.

LOL!

All of those people who bought launch XBONES and complained to Microsoft are Sony fanboys?
The conclusions that fanboys draw on these forums fucking amaze me sometimes.

#30 Edited by blackace (21228 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the positive press just keeps rolling in for m$. they should at least offer some xbl game to hush the disgruntled.

Well, Nintendo did it with the 3DS. They gave everyone 10 free DD games from their store, which was nice. Microsoft had already included teh Fifa 14 game in the XB1, so they already got more then what U.S. gamers got for the full price system. This is why many gamers don't buy these systems at launch. Same thing happened with the PS3. Just 4-5 months after the PS3 launch, Sony dropped the price. They didn't give anything to the early adopters either. Many gamers held off on XB1 because they wanted to get it with Titanfall. This is why the bundles will probably sell very well.

@lglz1337 said:

Sony did the same thing with the PS3 several times. They added more memory and lower the price. So I guess Sony did a big FU for their hardcore fans as well. lol!! FACT!!

Yet cows still ran out and bought PS4 still. lol!! I think Kaz/Sony have had their #%&! up cow's butts since 2006.

#31 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (6382 posts) -

This is a huge mess. If these people were going to complain, why did they buy a launch console? 3 months is the shortest time for a price cut in the history of the gaming industry, yes, but price cuts are inevitable. I bet PS4 is going to get a price cut around the holiday season and some people will complain.

#32 Edited by donalbane (16369 posts) -

If you expect to get a refund every time hardware value depreciates, don't ever buy a PC. You will cry tears of blood.

#33 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337:

MS lowers the price.

LOL!

Cows got screwed paying $600 for the PS3 yet screamed they can't pay for online.

Cows now pay for online and scream it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Cows in a nutshell

#34 Posted by kuu2 (7639 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

This is a huge mess. If these people were going to complain, why did they buy a launch console? 3 months is the shortest time for a price cut in the history of the gaming industry, yes, but price cuts are inevitable. I bet PS4 is going to get a price cut around the holiday season and some people will complain.

Actually the original Xbox was faster.

#35 Edited by mems_1224 (47792 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

Underrated show. It had a good run

#36 Edited by Sushiglutton (5390 posts) -

Technology dropping in price as time goes by? Understandable if this is a shock to the early su.. I mean adopters.

#37 Posted by lhughey (4254 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

People defending Microsoft make me laugh. Their price cut indicated to me that they finally realised the price was too high....

But the price wasn't too high for the people who purchased it, was it?

#38 Edited by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

@kuu2: All the time? MS didn't drop the price of the 360 for TWO whole years.

#39 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

Underrated show. It had a good run

It lost its way in the later/middle seasons but the final season was good and a nice wrap up

#40 Posted by lglz1337 (3942 posts) -

after 3 months MS agreed their console is a failure LMAO

#41 Edited by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Wrong. It hasn't even been 3 whole months yet. At least the original xbox had seemingly half a year.

United StatesNovember 2001$299 (launch price)
United StatesMay 2002$199 (-$100)
#42 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BeardMaster said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Wasdie said:

Honestly this "thats the risk you take garbage has to stop"

Thats like going skydiving knowing the risk of death is 1 in one million, then they shove you out of the plane and say "hey, 99% of our customers die" then being like "well thats the risk" Shut up.

Bunch of bitchy little girls

ehhh

i know yur trolling me. you are still a huge douche though.

#43 Posted by kuu2 (7639 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

True but we have seen recently with Sony that if you are over priced in a particular region then you drop it sooner. The PS3 also had an early price drop to gain some momentum on the sales front. MSoft has dropped the price in the UK which shows they are really wanting to compete there. They are already matching Sony here in the US so a price cut won't be needed here.

#44 Posted by kingtito (5117 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@lglz1337:

MS lowers the price.

LOL!

QTF. Cows make absolutely no sense and the TC is one of the bigger idiots on SWs. I guess the XOne was supposed to stay at full price for the next couple of years.

#45 Edited by kuu2 (7639 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Wrong. It hasn't even been 3 whole months yet. At least the original xbox had seemingly half a year.

When did it drop in the UK?

#46 Edited by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

No data available. It just says ?

#47 Posted by always_explicit (3019 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

This.

#48 Edited by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

True but we have seen recently with Sony that if you are over priced in a particular region then you drop it sooner. The PS3 also had an early price drop to gain some momentum on the sales front. MSoft has dropped the price in the UK which shows they are really wanting to compete there. They are already matching Sony here in the US so a price cut won't be needed here.

I'm gonna go two ways on this. You're right. MS did the right thing dropping the price to compete. However how much are they going to lose with the titanfall bundle? Granted it's a smart wii sports like move which is smart. But the problem is what does it mean for the sales of titan fall and how much more does ms lose because of it? Also if they're matching how did the PS4 double the sales 2:1?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/13/5409740/january-2014-npd-sales-ps4-xbox-one

#49 Posted by kuu2 (7639 posts) -
@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

No data available. It just says ?

I could have swore one of the regions cut the price literally a month after launch.

I could be wrong though.

#50 Edited by nini200 (10079 posts) -

I guess since they continue to talk about how good achievements are, they got their reward already from Microsoft:

I hope you like your super expensive controller and Achievement LOL