Microsoft REALLY wants Japanese gamers..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ambli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ambli
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

As shown by their latest jab aka propaganda at the Ps3 via this new catalouge.

Link

Stop messing with Japan, focus where your core is.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Stop messing with Japan, focus where your core is.Ambli
I think that's exactly what they are doing.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
lol, that's pretty funny.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Will this Propaganda work in Japan?

Too bad this isn't a Sony ad, the hate that sony would get would make this thread about 20 pages long.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerfist

Will this Multiplayer Propanda work in Japan?

Too bad this isn't a Sony ad, the hate that sony would get would make this thread about 20 pages long.

SolidTy

probably yeah:P

Funny how MS gets a free pass in this most of the time. I would love to see a statement from Sony to counter this though. Gotta love the childish fight between the two.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

SolidTy

Well, they have the comfort that they aren't forced to do it (at least not in Japan), and I think their own propaganda had already taken its toll way before.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Salt_The_Fries

Well, they have the comfort that they aren't forced to do it (at least not in Japan), and I think their own propaganda had already taken its toll way before.

They being the Japanese People, PS3, or Xbox? Being forced to pick up the propaganda, or buy a PS3?... I don't quite understand.

Yeah, SW is more EPIC when this kind of info gets the fans here angry, but since this is not Sony doing it, it will just be eh, whatever. It's funny though.

Maybe I will be wrong and this thread will explode...but probably not.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

killerfist

Funny how MS gets a free pass in this most of the time. I would love to see a statement from Sony to counter this though. Gotta love the childish fight between the two.

I would like to read the statement too, because it's like a Soap Opera for us gamers, lol. :)But even better, it would be funny if Nintendo said something about this ad for some reason and possibly said something bad about Sega, so Sega could get involved.

Then we gamers could get a good old fashioned 4 way wrestling match out of the deal...shown on PayPerView LIVE at E3! :)

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

I don't see what the problem is.... MS is trying to market their machine in Japan...... So what?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

They being the Japanese People, PS3, or Xbox? Being forced to pick up the propaganda, or buy a PS3?... I don't quite understand.

Yeah, SW is more EPIC when this kind of info gets the fans here angry, but since this is not Sony doing it, it will just be eh, whatever. It's funny though.

Maybe I will be wrong and this thread will explode...but probably not.

They = Sony. Sorry for confusion about the deixis :)

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killerfist

[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

I would like to read the statement too, because it's like a Soap Opera for us gamers, lol. :)But even better, it would be funny if Nintendo said something about this ad for some reason and possibly said something bad about Sega, so Sega could get involved.

Then we gamers could get a good old fashioned 4 way wrestling match out of the deal...shown on PayPerView LIVE at E3! :)

lol

Sega does what neither-of-them don't:P

This ad gets more pathetic each time I look at it btw.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#12 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

seems pretty silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
well if you think about it, if ms controls japan and NA, they basically control everything (all the other regions will eventually follow)
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

MS has really taken Japan by storm this time, the fact that they have 1 mill sold there, means that most developers will want a share, especially considering most games do not even sell half a million

HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

If SonyBS propagandaget's a free ride from cows, why do you think lems are gonna complain about Microsoft propaganda. It's a self perpetuating problem....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy

If SonyBS propagandaget's a free ride from cows, why do you think lems are gonna complain about Microsoft propaganda. It's a self perpetuating problem....

HGAT

It's not about Lems or Cows, it's about the majority of posters here in SW that seem to rabidly go after bad Sony news more than Bad M$ news, or Bad Nintendo news. There will always be a faction that goes after it, but Sony's bad woes are more fun to read about, I think.

It's strange, but Sony is loved to be hated as a company. Sony is the HEEL of the gaming world. Forget factions.

My statement is actually trying to coax more posters like yourself to comment on this for the entertainment value, but this thread won't be an epic one, if I was a betting man. We'll see if this news makes it to next week. :)

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

The 360 is doing poorly in Japan and MS wants to change that. You can't really blame them for trying. :roll:

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Salt_The_Fries

hahaha true...sony would give a book instead of a pamphlet. i think japanese gamers are more informed than that. plus if lemmings think cows are bad here....cows are bad in japan....1 million 360's sold in jpn...even at half the price and with rpg exclusives....or timed exclusives...

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

As shown by their latest jab aka propaganda at the Ps3 via this new catalouge.

Link

Stop messing with Japan, focus where your core is.

Ambli
Hopefully they lose at the end of the day the XBOX360 is a nigh on impossible to own due to break downs. I swear if my mates 360 carries on the way it is im going to smash it to bits! 1st it wouldnt play Gears of War 2 for an extended amount of time due to some weird disc error. 3 copies of the game later it turns out, after reading some forums this a common problem with the game. Now Left 4 Dead has suddenly stopped working! What the hell man i swear im gonna smash it to bits on top of that he's such a fanboy he wont even touch my PS3..... WELL AT LEAST IT BLOODY WORKS Ms can go jump off a cliff with this console! If people are going to buy one get the Elite only. Really is a joke the amount of people who keep buying this trash is ridiculous i swear out of all the consoles in all time Lems are the most rabid and stupid Fanboys out there. Thank god i own a decent PC so i can play all the great titles the 360 has on that. Im waiting for his copie of Halo Wars to stop working now, oh thats a good game mind Halo Wars quite like it but if his 360 messes that up i am going to launch it outta his window and then run over it with my DAMN car.
DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts

The front page pic is funny. They make a cute character to atract the japanese, them plaster x's all over her, because everyone knows japanese do love them x's. Honestly, that makes me think the guys who made this add where in the US and mailed it to JP.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
The more JRPGs the less I care. I think a lot of 360 gamers feel the same way.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
What happenes when the girl on the cover gets a RROD? :( Yeah this is pretty pathetic... and Sony would have a 10 page hate topic on how pathetic they are, people who say its just business, well its about as business as that chart Sony showed comparing prices, they might have shown unnecessary add-ons, but I mean, this ad compares Tales of Vesperia PS3/360, which is ultimately guaranteed better on PS3 due to the new things they are adding, so its pre-emptive damage control to bring up like XBL or achievements...
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Who cares? They just want to make money...:?

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Well at least they make some valid poins. Unlike sony and a certain list adding up all *optional* extras you can buy for an X360 and claiming the ps3 is cheaper.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Keeping it classy MS.
MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts

I don't see what the problem is.... MS is trying to market their machine in Japan...... So what?

whatisazerg
If sony was doing this I bet you wouldn't say the same thing!
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

The front page pic is funny. They make a cute character to atract the japanese, them plaster x's all over her, because everyone knows japanese do love them x's. Honestly, that makes me think the guys who made this add where in the US and mailed it to JP.

DarkyC

In Japan "x" = "batsu," meaning "no," "false," etc ... The machine screams "don't buy me" and apparently, so does the cute character they created.

W1ckedGo0se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 W1ckedGo0se
Member since 2008 • 1246 Posts

^But Batsu Means "Discipline; Punishment; Penalty"... iie Means "No"... I'm so confused...

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

Unbelievable ... people need to step back...and understand what this is..

The top right hand corner has the retailers name in the orange circle...Under POWERED BY says Messe Sanoh

This is nothing more than a co-op flier specifically built for a "retailer" Messe Sanoh..This is not "MS propaganda" it's a marketing tool that the retailer built and spilt the costs of manufacturing with MS...Sure MS had to approve the concept, but to call this "MS propaganda" is comical ...This is no different than a Best Buy ad that has a price comparison on the cover...of course it's going to favor the 360..That was the intent the "RETAILER" decided to do..

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Hillarious link.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

That cover scares me......................her tail is a usb

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

SolidTy

Only 'cause Cows defend Sony to the death. Lemmings accept MS is a dirty dealer, Cows like to believe Sony is Jesus' secret love child.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

The top right hand corner has the retailers name in the orange circle...Under POWERED BY says Messe Sanoh

This is nothing more than a co-op flier specifically built for a "retailer" Messe Sanoh..This is not "MS propaganda" it's a marketing tool that the retailer built and spilt the costs of manufacturing with MS...Sure MS had to approve the concept, but to call this "MS propaganda" is comical ...This is no different than a Best Buy ad that has a price comparison on the cover...of course it's going to favor the 360..That was the intent the "RETAILER" decided to do..

masiisam

Yeah, I remember seeing afew of these things when I was in Tokyo. I remember seeing afew from a store that only sells PS3 stuff. That I am pretty sure is saying that the PS3 is better than the 360 and Wii.

EDIT:

Led_poison

I think it is HDIM.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
Wut? MS what are you doing?! :?
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Cows like to believe Sony is Jesus' secret love child.-Snooze-
But it is :|
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

They just dont want Sony to succeed in Japan, they know they have no chance there.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]Cows like to believe Sony is Jesus' secret love child.IronBass
But it is :|

I can also do dual 1080p and 4D grphics becuase of the power of Graysku- i mean blu-ray and the cell working together, with more CPUs than the 360 and Wii combined! It will also totally pwn you $4000 Gaming PC eventhough none of your games work in it becuase of piracy and installs and having to upgrade every 7 minutes!!! :P
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

Chaos_HL21

Yeah, I remember seeing afew of these things when I was in Tokyo. I remember seeing afew from a store that only sells PS3 stuff. That I am pretty sure is saying that the PS3 is better than the 360 and Wii.

EDIT:

Led_poison

I think it is HDIM.

I am just disappointed the web site is calling it the way they are...If it was "MS Propaganda" it would not have a retailers name on it...and I would be shocked that it would have any mention of a PS3/Wii.......The bullet point would state price point.... for example "starting at ----" and distribute them nationwide

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

SolidTy

I'm lost here. If all the Xbox 360 logos were changed to PS3 logos... what exactly are we supposed to be complaining about?

indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts

so what happens when the anime girl gets RROD?

ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

"Sega does what Nintendon't" was cool and this is propaganda? Talk about hypocrisy. I have no problem with a console fighting a losing battle - heck I rooted for the TG16, 3DO, Jaguar, Saturn, Dreamcast, and even the ill-fated PCFX. They all died tragically in respective markets but they offered *choice*, and that's what I care.

GabeBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GabeBlack
Member since 2005 • 1821 Posts

Its not about the now. Its about the future.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

waynehead895

I'm lost here. If all the Xbox 360 logos were changed to PS3 logos... what exactly are we supposed to be complaining about?

It's not a complaint, it's an observation. This thread died already, I just brought it back to life to answer you. In the other scenario, it's page 1 hate fun, 20+ pages long at Sony's expense. No biggie, just the way it is. Remember when Sony put those little papers that compared 360 to PS3, my lord, how much everyone here complained.

It's more entertaining, the longer the thread, but something about Sony doing wrong really gets this place going. Remember the Models and the Ads and how Sony was blasted for that. It's funny, but it's crazy how Sony is so hated.

TBH, all three companies are just doing whatever, so it doesnt' bother me, I am only making an observation on SW posters. So to answer, if the logos were reversed, this thread would have 20 pages here in SW, instead of the 3-5 pagesthis thread died at before I made this post.

It's not a complaint though, just an observation. :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

-Snooze-

Only 'cause Cows defend Sony to the death. Lemmings accept MS is a dirty dealer, Cows like to believe Sony is Jesus' secret love child.

So you have noticed it too...at least you figured out the why. I think you may be right, I don't have the answer, It's just an observation.

MerisYaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MerisYaki
Member since 2008 • 967 Posts

Sony keeps pumping shooter after shooter to try to capture the western gamers.