Microsoft really screwed up with the new controller.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by farrell2k (6099 posts) -

The 360 controller was the best controller ever. I don't know why they bother to change something that didn't need changing. The top of the XB1 controller narrows too much, so your hands slide forward during heavy play sessions. Sony has definitely won best controller of the PC clone console race this gen.

#2 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

360 controller doesn't work on Xb1 ... eh?

#3 Edited by SolidTy (43305 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

Here's some news from May this year:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353912/xbox-one-will-not-support-xbox-360-controllers

#4 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353912/xbox-one-will-not-support-xbox-360-controllers

I don't like that. What if one want to race someone at Forza day-1. Even if they had to use a play and charge kit or something.

Is the PS4 the same?

#5 Edited by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

PS4>>X1

DS4>>>>>X1's controller

#6 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5974 posts) -

I myself like the 360 controller better than the one on the X1... The one on the X1 is not bad by any means, but its not an improvement, and actually feels worse. As for the DS4 I think its a tie between the 360 one, and depending on you're preference you may like one more than the other. But they do feel very similar in your hands.

#7 Edited by nyzma23 (929 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

PS4>>X1

DS4>>>>>X1's controller

wow you must be proud with yourself

#8 Posted by hiphops_savior (7910 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

To be fair, who the heck would still use a DS3 controller over the vastly improved DS4?

#9 Posted by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

@clr84651 said:

PS4>>X1

DS4>>>>>X1's controller

wow you must be proud with yourself

Wow, it's true!

#10 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Every time I see someone grumble about a controller I think of OJ

#11 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9789 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

umm.. why?

At least the ps4 controller has some new functions on it

#12 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -

The 360 controller is god tier. They should not have messed with perfection.

#13 Edited by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

MS made the X1's controller worse than the 360s except the D-pad. They made the X1 console worse except it can do better graphics a bit.

Sony made the PS4's DS4 better than the DS3. Sony made the PS4 better in practically every way than the PS3 except theme support.

#14 Edited by SolidTy (43305 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

I don't like that. What if one want to race someone at Forza day-1. Even if they had to use a play and charge kit or something.

Is the PS4 the same?

Yes, it's sort of the same. You need DualShock4s for PS4s now, but it's not the same with regards to batteries. You don't have to worry about a play and charge kit purchase for PS4, since like the Wii U, PS3, 3DS, DS, PSP, Vita, smartphones and more the DS4 uses rechargeable batteries. Sony added a speaker, light bar, share button, and touch pad to the DS4.

As a matter of fact, they changed the recharge port on the DS4 to use the standard smartphone port, so you can recharge your DS4 using your cellphone charger for whatever reason.

Just so you are aware, you need a new play and charge kit for Xbone as the 360 kits just won't suffice, I'm afraid.

#15 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

MS made the X1's controller worse than the 360s except the D-pad. They made the X1 console worse except it can do better graphics a bit.

Sony made the PS4's DS4 better than the DS3. Sony made the PS4 better in practically every way than the PS3 except theme support.

meh avatar ; ;

and yes, 360's D-pad was just flat out broken. Nothing like pushing right on it and getting down, up or left.... how the hell do you get left from pushing right on the pad????? but it happens lol XD

#16 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

X1 controller is awesome imo. Dpad is better, sticks feel great.

The bumpers were a little weird at first, but once you realize what they were going for, they work great. They let you press them with the side of your index finger while still holding the trigger so you can use both buttons simultaneously without the need of using your index and middle finger like on the 360 controller.

And once the impact triggers get some more use im sure those will be nice.

#17 Posted by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

@clr84651 said:

meh avatar ; ;

and yes, 360's D-pad was just flat out broken. Nothing like pushing right on it and getting down, up or left.... how the hell do you get left from pushing right on the pad????? but it happens lol XD

I really don't see how anyone can say the X1 is better than the PS4 after watching vids of the UI & hearing bad things about the controller and hearing multiplats are not as good? I've talked with some people on their PS4 cameras that own both & say the PS4 is better.

#18 Edited by navyguy21 (12879 posts) -

I kinda agree with TC to an extent. The DS4 is almost perfect, and the things that arent perfect are just my personal preference for analog stick placement. The X1 controller is also almost perfect except for the triggers/bumpers. They really did make a mistake with those. They shouldve had more defined edges like 360. Its like they are melted together now. Overall, the XB1 controller LOOKS better, but the DS4 will be perfect once i get my customized version

#19 Posted by hiphops_savior (7910 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

Is the PS4 the same?

Yes, it's sort of the same. You need DualShock4s for PS4s now, but it's not the same with regards to batteries. You don't have to worry about a play and charge kit purchase for PS4, since like the Wii U, PS3, 3DS, DS, PSP, Vita, smartphones and more the DS4 uses rechargeable batteries.

As a matter of fact, they changed the recharge port on the DS4 to use the standard smartphone port, so you can recharge your DS4 using your cellphone charger for whatever reason.

Just so you are aware, you need a new play and charge kit for Xbone as the 360 kits just won't suffice, I'm afraid.

Technically, you can use any AC adaptor with a usb port to charge your DS3.

#20 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

Is the PS4 the same?

Yes, it's sort of the same. You need DualShock4s for PS4s now, but it's not the same with regards to batteries. You don't have to worry about a play and charge kit purchase for PS4, since like the Wii U, PS3, 3DS, DS, PSP, Vita, smartphones and more the DS4 uses rechargeable batteries.

Mmm the good old 5 volt USB. I like to go for 1amp.

Quite sad that a new play and charge kit is required. I'd just keep using 1.2V NIMH rechargable batteries anyway, but still. Lithium Ion battery chemistry is superior.

#21 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6090 posts) -

I like the XB1 controller. It feels as comfortable to me as the 360's IMO.

#22 Posted by SolidTy (43305 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

Is the PS4 the same?

Yes, it's sort of the same. You need DualShock4s for PS4s now, but it's not the same with regards to batteries. You don't have to worry about a play and charge kit purchase for PS4, since like the Wii U, PS3, 3DS, DS, PSP, Vita, smartphones and more the DS4 uses rechargeable batteries. Sony added a speaker, light bar, share button, and touch pad to the DS4.

I am aware, but I was talking about the DS4 changes. I took advantage of that once a years ago when visiting a friend.

I believe after talking to Psymon a few times he hasn't owned a PS3 in years, so I didn't include PS3 and DS3 information. I was trying to answer his question about the PS4 Dualshock 4 vs. Xbone controllers.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (43305 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

umm.. why?

At least the ps4 controller has some new functions on it

Just because of small changes included in the controller like the change in rumble...but mostly just 'cause I assume. New team designed the Xbone.

#24 Posted by blamix99 (1956 posts) -

ps4 is better in every way.. my brother in law sold his xbone to buy a ps4, the xbone is failing big time..

#25 Edited by kingtito (4960 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

The 360 controller was the best controller ever. I don't know why they bother to change something that didn't need changing. The top of the XB1 controller narrows too much, so your hands slide forward during heavy play sessions. Sony has definitely won best controller of the PC clone console race this gen.

Nice opinion but not one that I agree with. The stick placements still make the PS4 controller inferior for me but that's just my opinion. I haven't had any problems with prolonged game play with the new controller.

#26 Edited by Basinboy (11169 posts) -

X1: Don't like the sticks or the bumpers

But I'll deal with it. Still have my 360 controller for use on PC multiplats.

#27 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1962 posts) -

Yes 100 million for mad catz design.

#28 Posted by AtariKidX (6275 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@psymon100 said:

Nope.

this.......sucks.XBone controller is horrible.