Microsoft pumps Xbox game names onto Windows Surface

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

So, does this leave 3DS & Vita shaking in their boots? :o :P

Anyway, does anyone here use Surface for gaming and if so, how is it?

The Story.

---

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-16-microsoft-pumps-xbox-game-names-onto-windows-surface

Microsoft pumps Xbox game names onto Windows Surface

Skulls of the Shogun! Toy Soldiers! ilomilo! Gunstringer!

Familiar names such as Toy Soldiers, Skulls of the Shogun, The Gunstringer and ilomilo are beginning to pop up on Microsoft's new Surface tablet.

Many of the games already have versions for Windows Phone or Xbox 360. As Windows 8 titles, all come with Gamerscore, Achievements and the ability to try each as a free demo.

We knew last year that Windows PC classics such as Solitaire and Minesweeper would be included in the list (you can get 5G for being blown up by a mine).

Newer franchises such as time-stealing puzzler (and Eurogamer 9/10 recipient) Wordament are also available.

The full line-up lies below (thanks, OXM).

• Toy Soldiers (not available on Windows RT)
  • 4 Elements: Special Edition
  • Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Rocket Riot 3D
  • Reckless Racing Ultimate
  • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
  • Microsoft Mahjong
  • Microsoft Minesweeper
  • Taptiles
  • Adera
  • Pinball FX2
  • Wordament
  • Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
  • Ilomilo+
  • Skulls of the Shogun (launches end of January)

Surface tablets run Windows 8, which includes full integration with your Xbox profile and Gamertag, along with its own Games Marketplace.

Microsoft recently announced 60 million sales of Windows 8 in the operating system's first 10 weeks.

#2 Posted by clyde46 (47836 posts) -
Arcade titles.....
#3 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

Arcade titles.....clyde46
:shock: I had no idea - thanks for ummm, nothin. :P

#4 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
I really want to try one of these...My friend got the new windows phone and I have to say it's very nice
#5 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -

oooohhhhh *looks at my futur of XBL thread* Just call me Nostrodomus... :P not really, but I can see it happening on ALL windows devices... Where the eff is Heil? Locked and loaded biatches!

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

I really want to try one of these...My friend got the new windows phone and I have to say it's very niceHarlockJC
Nice, I've never been much of a fan of handheld gaming but perhaps in the near future I may give this a try. Also, if I didn't get a Galaxy 3 for free, I'd likely would have went for the windows phone.

#7 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

oooohhhhh *looks at my futur of XBL thread* Just call me Nostrodomus... :P not really, but I can see it happening on ALL windows devices... Where the eff is Heil? Locked and loaded biatches!

TheEroica

That last part cracked me up - thanks, I needed that today since I'm nursing one heck of a hangover. :oops:

#8 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28787 posts) -
I really want to try one of these...My friend got the new windows phone and I have to say it's very niceHarlockJC
I've a friend who owns an IT company and got it to try and raved about it. Yet to get my hands on one through. In all honesty I'm pretty underwhelmed by things like the ipad, other than for the most cursory of things.
#9 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

SecretPolice

That last part cracked me up - thanks, I needed that today since I'm nursing one heck of a hangover. :oops:

Happy to help brother... Ya know what cures a hangover? [spoiler] a pulled pork sandwich served out of a dirty ashtray for breakfast. [/spoiler] Was that mean??? I kid I kid!!! :P Hangovers are the worst... two glasses of water and 4 ibuprofen before bed usually set me straight for morning though.
#10 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

TheEroica

Happy to help brother... Ya know what cures a hangover? [spoiler] a pulled pork sandwich served out of a dirty ashtray for breakfast. [/spoiler] Was that mean??? I kid I kid!!! :P Hangovers are the worst... two glasses of water and 4 ibuprofen before bed usually set me straight for morning though.

:lol:

[spoiler] I just threw up a little in mah mouth [/spoiler]

Hmmm, perhaps a bloody mary with lunch - mmm, I can almost taste it already. :P

#11 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]That last part cracked me up - thanks, I needed that today since I'm nursing one heck of a hangover. :oops:

SecretPolice

[spoiler] I just threw up a little in mah mouth [/spoiler]

Hmmm, perhaps a bloody mary with lunch - mmm, I can almost taste it already. :P

:lol: there it is!!! Purge the poison! Bloody mary sounds good... maybe ill partake myself. No work today for me... snow day!
#12 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26630 posts) -

>Arcade Titles.

%E0%B2%A0_%E0%B2%A0.jpg?1246548281

Tell me again when they decide to put Gears of War on a Handheld.

#13 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

>Arcade Titles.

%E0%B2%A0_%E0%B2%A0.jpg?1246548281

Tell me again when they decide to put Gears of War on a Handheld.

LegatoSkyheart

Crawl, walk, run is the normal progression dontchaknow? :P

#14 Posted by Heil68 (48417 posts) -

TheEroica
So 360 has even *less* exclusives. I didn't think that was mathematically possible.
#15 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
The better question is: Does anyone in the world uses the Surface? lol
#16 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.
#17 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

Heil68
So 360 has even *less* exclusives. I didn't think that was mathematically possible.

It is called smart business. It is still a Microsoft product at the end that is exclusive to the Microsoft / 360 name. You really think Microsoft cares about a few Cows on a message board? Microsoft and the 360 is successful for a reason. You are just to stupid to realize it.
#18 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.kuraimen
Now both XBLA and Kinect count :shock:

Make up your mind already. :P

#19 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.SecretPolice

Lems in their desperation have always counted kinect so they are now an AAE less lol
#20 Posted by Heil68 (48417 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]

timbers_WSU

You are just to stupid to realize it.

#21 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.SecretPolice

I am amazed people still respond to him. He doesn't even have a PS3. But I here his Mother gave hum a used Walkman for Christmas.
#22 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Heil68"] So 360 has even *less* exclusives. I didn't think that was mathematically possible.

You are just to stupid to realize it.

I gave your Mom the finger.....
#23 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.timbers_WSU

I am amazed people still respond to him. He doesn't even have a PS3. But I here his Mother gave hum a used Walkman for Christmas.

Your mom gave me pleasure for Christmas.
#24 Posted by Heil68 (48417 posts) -
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] You are just to stupid to realize it.

I gave your Mom the finger.....

#25 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

I am one of the few people here who has a Surface RT. In terms of gaming, it's still pretty weak. There are a lot of good titles that do not feature Xbox integration, like Soulcraft or Great Big Wargame, but other than that, it's mostly casual games. One game I do recommend on the marketplace is Adera, however. It's an adventure game like Myst. It also features Xbox Live integration.

#26 Posted by RR360DD (13102 posts) -

Having free trials for all their games is good stuff. Not enough games have them on iOS

#27 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.kuraimen

Lems in their desperation have always counted kinect so they are now an AAE less lol

But cows, in their desperation, always say 360 lacks exclusives whilst ignoring all Kinect games. :o Weird huh? :P

#28 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

Heil68

65% less yes... ;) isnt sony leaning towards bring their barn busters to gaikai? 6 and one half dozen I say...!
#29 Posted by Heil68 (48417 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]

TheEroica

65% less yes... ;) isnt sony leaning towards bring their barn busters to gaikai? 6 and one half dozen I say...!

PS4 will be out by then and the true next gen starts, when Sony muther fuking says so! Awww yeahhh!
#30 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

I am one of the few people here who has a Surface RT. In terms of gaming, it's still pretty weak. There are a lot of good titles that do not feature Xbox integration, like Soulcraft or Great Big Wargame, but other than that, it's mostly casual games. One game I do recommend on the marketplace is Adera, however. It's an adventure game like Myst. It also features Xbox Live integration.

The_Capitalist

Nice informative post and I thank you.

#31 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"] So 360 has even *less* exclusives. I didn't think that was mathematically possible.

PS4 will be out by then and the true next gen starts, when Sony muther fuking says so! Awww yeahhh!

Wooot woot! 720 will curb stomp the ps:death while kaz watches!
#32 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10895 posts) -
Why don't you just say Windows 8? These titles have been confirmed for Windows 8 for like 4 months now.
#33 Posted by SecretPolice (23917 posts) -

Why don't you just say Windows 8? These titles have been confirmed for Windows 8 for like 4 months now.ShadowDeathX
Dunno, ask Tom yourself, I'm sure he will respond directly....

By Tom Phillips PublishedWednesday, 16 January 2013

:P

#34 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

I just noticed the 360 lost Gunstringer as an exclusive. LOL lems are owned again.kuraimen

yeah. you should have stayed in this thread.

#35 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3205 posts) -

Glad to see Microsoft entering Post-PC era with focus on mobility foremost. Windows 8 and Surface is nice entry.

#36 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

Glad to see Microsoft entering Post-PC era with focus on mobility foremost. Windows 8 and Surface is nice entry.

Mr_BillGates
Nope, M$ is always about money, Go back to 2007 and try to remember what happened with HALO 2, Shadowrun, Gears The horrible ports were used to attract XP users to Vista, This is the same situation but this time it won't be big games, It's just some arcade games that no one cares about.