Microsoft planning exclusive TV shows on Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7626 posts) -
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

TVs were invented for TV shows. Video game consoles were invented for video games. What the fvck is wrong with Microsoft? :lol:

timbers_WSU

and yet you play games on your TV even though it is supposed to be for TV shows only. I guess some products can do more then one thing.

And I bet he watches movies on his PS3 as well. Cows are so dumb.

Even worse the latest Nielson report showed that PS3 users used the PS3 for watching movies more then the 360 users. Also 360 played more online and SP games then PS3 users. Link
#52 Posted by Moriarity_ (1332 posts) -
Too bad nobody I knows even watch tv anymore. They either pirate it or just don't watch at all.
#53 Posted by RR360DD (13098 posts) -
New Xbox gets games AND its own TV shows and cows spin this as bad :lol: Maybe Sony should start applying some strategy for once, they do own columbia / TV studios after all.
#54 Posted by Mr720fan (2795 posts) -

bpoole is an upset cow, very upset over the recent rumors, he believe the always on or you cant play games tho lol. Anyway, SOny will follow suit, the xbox is going to offer a full variety of experiences, for casuals, hardcore gamers, and media like this. Also the rumor of durango having windows 8 as the OS is a great one, very easy indie game development and of course devs will give xbox first choice. THANK YOU MICROSOFT for making these cows cry!! DESPERATE COW IS DESPERATE!! Oh yeah loving life right now,

#55 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Have you all noticed this trend? Cows get owned in a thread and they up and vanish. All we had to do is say "Netflix" and their whole argument is shot and they move on. They are not even motivated to try and make an argument. That is how you know Cows are just fake. Their only arguments anymore are their own BS. They can never argue facts or truth.

#56 Posted by MonsieurX (31981 posts) -

bpoole is an upset cow, very upset over the recent rumors, he believe the always on or you cant play games tho lol. Anyway, SOny will follow suit, the xbox is going to offer a full variety of experiences, for casuals, hardcore gamers, and media like this. Also the rumor of durango having windows 8 as the OS is a great one, very easy indie game development and of course devs will give xbox first choice. THANK YOU MICROSOFT for making these cows cry!! DESPERATE COW IS DESPERATE!! Oh yeah loving life right now,

Mr720fan
Such a bad fakeboy.
#57 Posted by Giancar (19076 posts) -
Heroes.. Such a potential wasted, heck most videogames have a better writing than that =/ (including Bayonetta, GoW, Geow, and so on)
#58 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
So lems are the ones really stuck watching movies instead of playing games? Lol karma is a b1tch lemrats
#59 Posted by Vatusus (5440 posts) -

A rebooting of Heroes starting after season 1, pretending season 2 and the others never existed, would please me greatly

#60 Posted by Peredith (2289 posts) -

New Xbox gets games AND its own TV shows and cows spin this as bad :lol: Maybe Sony should start applying some strategy for once, they do own columbia / TV studios after all.RR360DD

Xbox has no gaemz. And my TV gets TV Shows, or I'll just torrent the exclusive Xbox ( :lol: ) TV shows. I can't believe I just typed that :?

#61 Posted by Mr720fan (2795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

MonsieurX

Such a bad fakeboy.

No answers after you have been owned I see, keep following me around, I know you love me, you said it!!!

#62 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -
So lems are the ones really stuck watching movies instead of playing games? Lol karma is a b1tch lemratskuraimen
Don't know how to read a graph I see. No surprise. Cows are the ones watching (and playing) movies. Turns out Lems even play more single player games. Now go look at the graph again. Maybe this time you can learn how to read it.
#63 Posted by Mr720fan (2795 posts) -

Cows are so upset I love it, I will also love when Sony follows suit like pachter said they will...

#64 Posted by Mr720fan (2795 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]So lems are the ones really stuck watching movies instead of playing games? Lol karma is a b1tch lemratstimbers_WSU
Don't know how to read a graph I see. No surprise. Cows are the ones watching (and playing) movies. Turns out Lems even play more single player games. Now go look at the graph again. Maybe this time you can learn how to read it.

plus xbox has more AAA's, AA's. and A's, a ton more arcarde games AAA, AA, and A but xbox has no gamezzzzzzzzzzzz hahaha

#65 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]So lems are the ones really stuck watching movies instead of playing games? Lol karma is a b1tch lemratsMr720fan

plus xbox has more AAA's, AA's. and A's, a ton more arcarde games AAA, AA, and A but xbox has no gamezzzzzzzzzzzz hahaha

You have to talk slow with kuraimen. His fanboy goggles makes him stupid sometimes. I wonder if he has mowed enough lawns to get his first PS3?
#66 Posted by MonsieurX (31981 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

Mr720fan

Such a bad fakeboy.

No answers after you have been owned I see, keep following me around, I know you love me, you said it!!!

Answers to your stupid posts? :|
#67 Posted by jsmoke03 (13332 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slow_Show"]

"Oh good, more Heroes!" said no one, ever.

jg4xchamp
Would like to see that Pushing Dasies guy do a new TV show. Dude only worked the first season of Heroes, and that was the only entertaining season before it ended all stupid.

if heroes ever came close to season 1 then i might consider getting live just because of that. that strike really killed heroes. they couldn't get back on track.
#68 Posted by casharmy (6704 posts) -

At first :lol:it was a joke.  But now :| it really is a joke

#69 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1630 posts) -

Atleast try to ressurect a GOOD show :lol:

#70 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

Instead of investing into new IPs for gamers to enjoy, MS has allegedly set it sights on securing exclusive TV shows. For starters, MS is looking to resurrect the show "Heroes" to appear exclusively on Windows/Xbox devices. Seems like the only logical thing they could do with a cablebox console since cable is on its way out the door.

Link

BPoole96
oh yay....
#71 Posted by heretrix (37636 posts) -

I'm not seeing a problem with this. They already have shows on the damn thing.It's a logical next step.

#72 Posted by RR360DD (13098 posts) -

So are they gonna copy SONY. Sony had that tv show The Tester, on PSN. Wasnt a bad show.Nengo_Flow
Nah they're competing with Netflix and Amazon who are starting to do their own exclusive TV shows.

#73 Posted by Jankarcop (10863 posts) -

Xbox is not for gamers.

#74 Posted by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

Oh man. :lol:

That explains how the Xbox 360 tanked hard. Looks like the next Xbox is gonna do it even harder.

#75 Posted by trollhunter2 (1304 posts) -

:lol:

#76 Posted by trollhunter2 (1304 posts) -

This is Sony's fault with all those exclusive movies.Jack-Burton

better than having no games on the console ;)

also lol at the movies. I guess that puppeteer, journey, ratchet and clank, sly cooper, little big planet, heavenly sword, god of war, the last of us, uncharted, infamous, Demon's Souls, gravity rush, Jak and daxter etc are movies:?

#77 Posted by charizard1605 (62628 posts) -
Of all the TV shows Microsoft could have chosen to start with, they start with HEROES?
#78 Posted by trollhunter2 (1304 posts) -

It seems that MS didnt learn from their mistakes. People want games, new IP and new experiences.

Just leave this TV show crap and invest money in new IP. Period:roll:

#79 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16655 posts) -

wow, lol.

I can't believe people still want this system to come out, granted it's a fairly small number I suppose because everyone I talk to doesn't even care about it.

#80 Posted by mitu123 (154668 posts) -

That's unexpected...

#81 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16655 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Fixed.

MonsieurX

do PS4 get its own exclusive shows? nope, fixed even more

Is it anny good?

I wonder if major nelson will be a recurring character.

I bet the show is about the continued enslavement and abuse of rare, maybe it's a period piece.

oh wait it, Heroes.... lol.

#82 Posted by narutosup (1572 posts) -
Lol Heroes.
#83 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]So lems are the ones really stuck watching movies instead of playing games? Lol karma is a b1tch lemratsMr720fan

And yet the majority of these games are from defunct studios. Such great games and studios should have had continued support. Not shoved off in favor of Kinect, ads and media. That's what happens though when a brand goes too mainstream though. It turns into Beiber Fever. Microsoft doesnt care about selling things made by Infie Built, Bizarre Creations and Indie Built. They care about selling dashboard ads of Nicki Minaj holding brass nuckles like she is some kind of thug. And in the meantime, they put a ban on avatar weapons because it might offend their new target market.
#84 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9538 posts) -

[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

Xbox 360 has no games, they only got TV shows :lol:

CanYouDiglt

And yet it is the PS3 with the smallest game library of all systems and also behind the 360 in critic scores.

Keep living in the past. 360 has been shit for a while now.

#85 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9538 posts) -

Heroes, but only with scrub actors and even worse writing. :lol:

#86 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7626 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

Xbox 360 has no games, they only got TV shows :lol:

StrongBlackVine

And yet it is the PS3 with the smallest game library of all systems and also behind the 360 in critic scores.

You do know that last year which was only 3 1/2 months ago the 360 had more higher rated games then the PS3 for 2012?
#87 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9538 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]And yet it is the PS3 with the smallest game library of all systems and also behind the 360 in critic scores.CanYouDiglt

You do know that last year which was only 3 1/2 months ago the 360 had more higher rated games then the PS3 for 2012?

The last 3 years overall were not good. Even a diehard lem like you must admit M$ dropped the ball after a great start.

#88 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Oh?

You got a link saying the next Xbox won't launch with any games?

ReadingRainbow4

I don't need a link. Looking at the past few years in regards to kinect and a lack of compelling exclusives is enough. I hope the next Xbox is great. Lots of good games, lots of great IPs, exclusives, third party support, etc. But I just don't see it happening, as much as I'd like to believe otherwise.

careful, you might get called a cow.

Now now. I'm the only Xbox owner cow here. Don't you know? I even got called one by some jackass telling me Lift London was working on a new new IP. Then when I showed him that Lift London was a mobile gaming studio specializing in Windows RT, I was all kinds of cow. Then when I showed him Soho worked out of the same building and was working on more interactive television shows for the Xbox 360 to follow up on their Sesame Street and Nat Geo series, I was an even bigger cow. I believe his name is Eddie Murphy.
#89 Posted by Jack-Burton (2433 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]This is Sony's fault with all those exclusive movies.trollhunter2

better than having no games on the console ;)

also lol at the movies. I guess that puppeteer, journey, ratchet and clank, sly cooper, little big planet, heavenly sword, god of war, the last of us, uncharted, infamous, Demon's Souls, gravity rush, Jak and daxter etc are movies:?

If you Cry any more i'll be washed away in a sea of tears pal.
#90 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7626 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

The last 3 years overall were not good. Even a diehard lem like you must admit M$ dropped the ball after a great start.

I just said that last year which was only 3 1/2 months ago the 360 had more higher rated games then the PS3 and your reply is the last three years were not good. I am not even talking this site for the scores but MC would be the same. Do you even try to think about what you type or is it blah blah MS sucks blah blah.
#91 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
they might as well stop selling it as a gaming console
#92 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -
So are they gonna copy SONY. Sony had that tv show The Tester, on PSN. Wasnt a bad show.
#93 Posted by Mr720fan (2795 posts) -

they might as well stop selling it as a gaming consoleAcidThunder

well its going to play games, but its also going to be alot more, i think this upcoming gen is going to prove that.

#94 Posted by RR360DD (13098 posts) -

PS4: nokia-3310-139-p%5Bekm%5D200x300%5Bekm%5

720: apple-iphone-4-16gb-1009069.jpg

"I just want my gaemz" :cry: Enjoy cows

#95 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

If the games were there to back it up I wouldn't care about this. But they aren't.

This is just wrong MS.

#96 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Whats worse is sony will be copying that model by years end... They like to let others pave the way and then make the uninspired copy cat version of the same thing. Cant wait!

Wasn't Kinect a ripoff of the Eyetoy? And even better, wasn't the whole Xbox controller layout a ripoff of the Duelshock? I'm just saying. Ripoffs are a two way street unless you live in fanboy land.

Sony operates it's entire online infrastructure based on xbox lives success.... A controller that is significantly different and a kinect/eye toy comparison don't really compare.

The controller is not significantly different. Its exact the same. Just slightly different analog stick positions, triggers added to R and L and a bit bulkier. Edit--Wait a minute. Hold up. I think I just found the big difference. Yep. I was right. They changed the shapes on the buttons into letters. Now that's some serious innovation if I say so myself.
#97 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
OMG exclusive shows? RIP Sony.
#98 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Kinect, exclusive cancelled TV shows...sounds like shit.

StrongBlackVine

Just depends what show, really. Sarah Connor Chronicles, or Firefly? Yes, please.

Sarah Conner Chronicles was great. I liked Serenity, but never watch TV show. Don't  expect Microsoft to produce those kinds of shows.

Ya I have that Sarah Connor tv show on my vita along with Battlestar Galactica,Caprica Eureka,Smallville and I have been watching Fringe on it lately.
#99 Posted by Mr720fan (2795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]So are they gonna copy SONY. Sony had that tv show The Tester, on PSN. Wasnt a bad show.RR360DD

Nah they're competing with Netflix and Amazon who are starting to do their own exclusive TV shows.

cows cant grasp that MS beat the living sh*t out of SONY and dont really view them as a threat, they know the devs will deliver the games, why no go after the whole thing, and they will, and they will succeed. 100 million 720 sold, 100 million 360 sold with the addition of mini. THANK YOU MICROSOFT!!!!

#100 Posted by RR360DD (13098 posts) -

If the games were there to back it up I wouldn't care about this. But they aren't.

This is just wrong MS.

whiskeystrike

Oh?

You got a link saying the next Xbox won't launch with any games?