Microsoft planning exclusive TV shows on Xbox

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

Would like to see that Pushing Dasies guy do a new TV show. Dude only worked the first season of Heroes, and that was the only entertaining season before it ended all stupid. jg4xchamp

He's doing Hannibal, you should watch it because it's shockingly excellent to the point where three episodes in I still can't believe it's actually on NBC. 

If MS were smart they'd bring back Terriers before Reed Hastings pulls his head out of his ass and picks it up for Netflix. 

#2 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -
I actually don't have a Hulu account. Should probably get on that. jg4xchamp
Could be wrong, but i don't think you need one for Hannibal.
#3 Posted by nunovlopes (2607 posts) -

These are excellent news. It means MS is completely focused on broadening the XBox market as much as possible, by adding more services to it, keeping it casual and turning it into much more than a gaming device. Maybe I'll now by an XBox. I see no point in owning a console if they're really nothing more than gimped PCs. That's why I never bought a 360/PS3. Not worth it just to play a couple of worthwhile exclusives. Yeah yeah, I know I'm missing on quality exclusives, but I'm also missing on many PC games I don't have time to play.

#4 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

Instead of investing into new IPs for gamers to enjoy, MS has allegedly set it sights on securing exclusive TV shows. For starters, MS is looking to resurrect the show "Heroes" to appear exclusively on Windows/Xbox devices. Seems like the only logical thing they could do with a cablebox console since cable is on its way out the door.

Link

#5 Posted by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -
Will only care if they get some note worthy TV show, but ...I mean...there are way too many TV piracy sites these days, and when you don't have that you have stuff like HBO GO and Netflix. And both of those have some pretty impressive TV Shows for instant streaming on those.
#6 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6315 posts) -

... Why don't they just focus on games? Leave that to video streaming services.

#7 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

"Oh good, more Heroes!" said no one, ever.

#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (43750 posts) -

That would be interesting, but brutally hard. Netflix have done it, but they have the market to do so.

#9 Posted by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -

Slow_Show
Would like to see that Pushing Dasies guy do a new TV show. Dude only worked the first season of Heroes, and that was the only entertaining season before it ended all stupid.
#10 Posted by Karpetburnz (548 posts) -

Xbox 360 has no games, they only got TV shows :lol:

#11 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7519 posts) -

Karpetburnz
And yet it is the PS3 with the smallest game library of all systems and also behind the 360 in critic scores.
#12 Posted by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Would like to see that Pushing Dasies guy do a new TV show. Dude only worked the first season of Heroes, and that was the only entertaining season before it ended all stupid. Slow_Show

He's doing Hannibal, you should watch it because it's shockingly excellent. 

If MS were smart they'd bring back Terriers before Reed Hastings pulls his head out of his ass and picks it up for Netflix. 

Hmm will do. How many episodes into the season are they? like 2?
#13 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

oh good lord

#14 Posted by Karpetburnz (548 posts) -

[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

CanYouDiglt

And yet it is the PS3 with the smallest game library of all systems and also behind the 360 in critic scores.

:lol:

#15 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Why Heroes, that's terrible.

#16 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

Hmm will do. How many episodes into the season are they? like 2?jg4xchamp

Three. Should be all on Hulu.

#17 Posted by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -
I actually don't have a Hulu account. Should probably get on that.
#18 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Xbox; anything BUT games.

#19 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

Instead of investing into new IPs for gamers to enjoy, MS has allegedly set it sights on securing exclusive TV shows. For starters, MS is looking to resurrect the show "Heroes" to appear exclusively on Windows/Xbox devices. Seems like the only logical thing they could do with a cablebox console since cable is on its way out the door.

Link

BPoole96
Huh... interesting... I can't imagine this will work out though...
#20 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -

Lol at Sony fanboys turning this into a negative.

Not sure how people can say "Microsoft isn't focusing in New IP's" when they have no idea what the 720 is going to bring to the table.

#21 Posted by getyeryayasout (7753 posts) -
It makes some sense. They have some of the best, most accurate user information in history thanks to XBL. MS knows what we watch, how we watch it, what we listen to, and what we play, right down to the number of button presses. Time to turn that knowledge into cash.
#22 Posted by nyzma23 (931 posts) -

Why not microsoft have lot of money ,in fact sony also have tv channel called SET 

#23 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

I mean since they can't make games I guess picking up canceled TV shows that ran themselves into irrelevancy is the next logical step. 

Good on you lems.

#24 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

I actually don't have a Hulu account. Should probably get on that. jg4xchamp

Don't think you get jack for regular Hulu, Hulu Plus if I'm not mistaken you have to pay to watch shows or certain shows.

In the end you can't go wrong with Netflix, except I'm missing out on Game of Thrones season 3 and Defiance since Netflix won't put ether on there....fml :evil:

#25 Posted by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I actually don't have a Hulu account. Should probably get on that. Ballroompirate

Don't think you get jack for regular Hulu, Hulu Plus if I'm not mistaken you have to pay to watch shows or certain shows.

In the end you can't go wrong with Netflix, except I'm missing out on Game of Thrones season 3 and Defiance since Netflix won't put ether on there....fml :evil:

GoT is HBO, why in the blue hell is HBO gonna let that right go to Netflix when they have HBO Go? Plus I'm pretty sure Netflix would have to pay some good f*cking money for HBO shit.
#26 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Who really would care enough to buy an xbox for exclusive TV shows

#27 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Hey, hey Microsoft. Videooooogaaaaaaaames.
#28 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I actually don't have a Hulu account. Should probably get on that. jg4xchamp

GoT is HBO, why in the blue hell is HBO gonna let that right go to Netflix when they have HBO Go? Plus I'm pretty sure Netflix would have to pay some good f*cking money for HBO shit.

Old Netflix probably could've got away with buying a contract for GoT, I think they had a few HBO and even the majority of Starz shows when they first were starting out....now they are just pricks.

#29 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -

Slow_Show
No kidding. Heroes sucked.
#30 Posted by Peredith (2310 posts) -

TVs were invented for TV shows. Video game consoles were invented for video games. What the fvck is wrong with Microsoft? :lol:

#31 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7519 posts) -

TVs were invented for TV shows. Video game consoles were invented for video games. What the fvck is wrong with Microsoft? :lol:

Peredith

and yet you play games on your TV even though it is supposed to be for TV shows only. I guess some products can do more then one thing.

#32 Posted by Peredith (2310 posts) -

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

CanYouDiglt

and yet you play games on your TV even though it is supposed to be for TV shows only. I guess some products can do more then one thing.

Microsoft: "Yo dawg, I heard you like to watch TV, so we turned your console into a TV so you can watch TV on your console while watching it on a TV"

Xzibit.png

How can lems defend this sh!t :lol:

#33 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
This is Sony's fault with all those exclusive movies.
#34 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7519 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

Peredith

Microsoft: "Yo dawg, I heard you like to watch TV, so we turned your console into a TV so you can watch TV on your console while watching it on a TV"

Xzibit.png

Latest Nielson report

Seems 360 users are the real gamers and like everyone says PS3 users just like movies.

#35 Posted by dommeus (9394 posts) -

Heroes crashed and burned after the first season.

#36 Posted by worldsucknow (229 posts) -

tv shows has what to do with gaming again? Unless it's a tv show about upcoming games for xbox who cares lol

#37 Posted by nervmeister (15292 posts) -
This is Sony's fault with all those exclusive movies.Jack-Burton
Yes. That's right. Try calling those games "movies" to get your anal itch to go away.
#38 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

lol I like seeing MS moving away from games, its great news for gamers.

#39 Posted by NFJSupreme (5380 posts) -

X_CAPCOM_X

I'm going to ask you a question that will blow your mind.  Are you ready?

[spoiler] Why can't they do both? [/spoiler]

#40 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7519 posts) -

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

NFJSupreme

I keep thinking the same. Lets take this gen for example in how the 360 has the most apps and entertainment options but yet still had the best library according to scores and had more games then the PS3. Microsoft was not only able to do both with the 360 but was the best at both.
#41 Posted by SecretPolice (22468 posts) -

Teh Monster Box can truly do it all - impressive MS, very impressive, just hope ya can keep this suka under $1500.00 and I'm good to go. :shock: :twisted:

#42 Posted by KungfuKitten (21204 posts) -
[QUOTE="NFJSupreme"]

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]

CanYouDiglt

I keep thinking the same. Lets take this gen for example in how the 360 has the most apps and entertainment options but yet still had the best library according to scores and had more games then the PS3. Microsoft was not only able to do both with the 360 but was the best at both.

The best library among consoles and also the most meaningless.
#43 Posted by PSP107 (11998 posts) -
I thought people always ripped about PS3 games are movies but now that MSoft is going the TV route, its okay?
#44 Posted by nervmeister (15292 posts) -
I thought people always ripped about PS3 games are movies but now that MSoft is going the TV route, its okay?PSP107
To be fair, at least Jack-Burton isn't too thrilled (even though he still felt the urge to try taking a potshot at PS3 in the process).
#45 Posted by Heil68 (45726 posts) -

Karpetburnz
Yea, the soccer moms and kids under 12 MS is aiming for will like this though.
#46 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -
[QUOTE="Karpetburnz"]

Heil68
Yea, the soccer moms and kids under 12 MS is aiming for will like this though.

That is why Netflix is more popular on PS3 right? Like Pachter said. PS3 = 9 year olds.
#47 Posted by Heil68 (45726 posts) -
Hey, hey Microsoft. Videooooogaaaaaaaames.skrat_01
That hasn't been their focus since 2009. :(
#48 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

CanYouDiglt

And I bet he watches movies on his PS3 as well. Cows are so dumb.
#49 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

PS3 HAZ NO TV SHOWS!1!!1

SONY IS DOOOOOOOMED

?

#50 Posted by SecretPolice (22468 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

timbers_WSU

And I bet he watches movies on his PS3 as well. Cows are so dumb.