Microsoft Persuaded Rockstar to Delay GTA4 to face MGS4( i think)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revolution_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Revolution_Ali
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
well it has been confirmed by Rockstar that they would be releasing exclusive two episodes for 360 by the end of first quarter of next year.There was no Block buster game(in the 1st quarter)thatwas coming next year for 360.i know thereare some but these games (ninja gaiden 2 ,halo wars)are notyet confirmed for 2008(1st quarter)release.
So MGS4 is coming same time when the GTA4 will hit the shelves.May be one or half month difference.
And i think it will definately effect PS3's sales.
Whatdo you guys think?
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
No I don't think this is the case, I think R* delayed it at their own will.
KAWICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KAWICE
Member since 2004 • 206 Posts

I really don't think so because it would really hinder the Company of Take-Two to not have GTA out during the Christmas month. But hey man nice theory

Unholy_Smite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Unholy_Smite
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
it still comes out for the PS3 at the same time...With Wii on their rear it would have made more sense to get it out now and get your US sales above 10 million by year end and take a perm lead here.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
No way, not even MS can justify spending they money it would take to get Rockstar/T2 to pull GTA4 out of the holiday season.
KAWICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KAWICE
Member since 2004 • 206 Posts

it still comes out for the PS3 at the same time...With Wii on their rear it would have made more sense to get it out now and get your US sales above 10 million by year end and take a perm lead here.Unholy_Smite

That is not what he was getting at. He was trying to say that He belives that Microsoft might have PAID off Take-Two int. To wait and release GTA around the time that Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out so it takes away from the Shock wave of greatness (yes I hope so :D )because M$ and there 360 dose not (as of right now) have a game to deliver such a blow early next year.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
No way, not even MS can justify spending they money it would take to get Rockstar/T2 to pull GTA4 out of the holiday season. PBSnipes

50 million for exclusive downloadable content seems like alot of money to me :P
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

I think this is absolutely rediculous, and people need to take a step back into the real world whereby a company can not tell another large corporation to delay a game, losing millions in holiday sales because it's more convenient for them.

Jeez...

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ninja-Vox

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]No way, not even MS can justify spending they money it would take to get Rockstar/T2 to pull GTA4 out of the holiday season. choasgod

50 million for exclusive downloadable content seems like alot of money to me :P

Of which they get every penny + more returned. >_>

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ninja-Vox

[QUOTE="Unholy_Smite"]it still comes out for the PS3 at the same time...With Wii on their rear it would have made more sense to get it out now and get your US sales above 10 million by year end and take a perm lead here.KAWICE

That is not what he was getting at. He was trying to say that He belives that Microsoft might have PAID off Take-Two int. To wait and release GTA around the time that Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out so it takes away from the Shock wave of greatness (yes I hope so :D )because M$ and there 360 dose not (as of right now) have a game to deliver such a blow early next year.

And you dont think that's rediculous? :?

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts

Didn't Take Two have to cut their quarterly earning estimates by almost $300 million after they postponed GTA 4?

Does anyone honestly think MS paid them that much money to make up for it, if it's true that it was Microsoft's idea to postpone the game?

Edited because Take Two cut their earnings by $300 million, not $400 million.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6176074&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Conspiracy theories abound...
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

I think this is absolutely rediculous

Ninja-Vox
Agreed.
eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
I think rockstar made a great decision. Theres far fewer AAA capable games coming out near the new release date. MGS4 will damage gta sales less since the 360 fanbase is bigger.
v-vega75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 v-vega75
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
i think sony paid t2 to delay both versions because the contract they have with sony not to release the game fist on 360 since it's almost complete and the ps3 version is still lagging behind. sony know that if MS has the two best selling games out this holiday season that more people will flock to 360 over ps3 and their fall line up. the dvd9 is a lame excuse that everyone is using as the reason for the delay bu keep forgetting the the game is almost done on the 360 version. all screen and demo where played on 360 not ps3. so in reality the ps3 would have had a poblem this holiday if 360 versoin would have came out first and with their line up this season. sony would have sold less systems. SONY is the blame not MS
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ninja-Vox

i think sony paid t2 to delay both versions because the contract they have with sony not to release the game fist on 360 since it's almost complete and the ps3 version is still lagging behind. sony know that if MS has the two best selling games out this holiday season that more people will flock to 360 over ps3 and their fall line up. the dvd9 is a lame excuse that everyone is using as the reason for the delay bu keep forgetting the the game is almost done on the 360 version. all screen and demo where played on 360 not ps3. so in reality the ps3 would have had a poblem this holiday if 360 versoin would have came out first and with their line up this season. sony would have sold less systems. SONY is the blame not MSv-vega75

Or in the real world - maybe they delayed the game because it wasn't finished and they need more time to work on it? Is this idea too "out there" or something?:roll:

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts

[QUOTE="v-vega75"]i think sony paid t2 to delay both versions because the contract they have with sony not to release the game fist on 360 since it's almost complete and the ps3 version is still lagging behind. sony know that if MS has the two best selling games out this holiday season that more people will flock to 360 over ps3 and their fall line up. the dvd9 is a lame excuse that everyone is using as the reason for the delay bu keep forgetting the the game is almost done on the 360 version. all screen and demo where played on 360 not ps3. so in reality the ps3 would have had a poblem this holiday if 360 versoin would have came out first and with their line up this season. sony would have sold less systems. SONY is the blame not MSNinja-Vox

Or in the real world - maybe they delayed the game because it wasn't finished and they need more time to work on it? Is this idea too "out there" or something?:roll:

It's out there Ninja, but it's a total conspiracy theory man!

Everybody knows MS/Sony paid $300 million tocover Take Two's quarterly losses to delay it.

v-vega75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 v-vega75

[QUOTE="v-vega75"]i think sony paid t2 to delay both versions because the contract they have with sony not to release the game fist on 360 since it's almost complete and the ps3 version is still lagging behind. sony know that if MS has the two best selling games out this holiday season that more people will flock to 360 over ps3 and their fall line up. the dvd9 is a lame excuse that everyone is using as the reason for the delay bu keep forgetting the the game is almost done on the 360 version. all screen and demo where played on 360 not ps3. so in reality the ps3 would have had a poblem this holiday if 360 versoin would have came out first and with their line up this season. sony would have sold less systems. SONY is the blame not MSNinja-Vox

no it's not out their. but creating threads that it's MS that persuaded or paid T2 to delay it doesn't seem correct. being as that the 360 version was almost done and noone has seen anything on the ps3 version. plus it give the ps3 a better run for next year with mgs4 and ffx13
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ninja-Vox

no it's not out their. but creating threads that it's MS that persuaded or paid T2 to delay it doesn't seem correct. being as that the 360 version was almost done and noone has seen anything on the ps3 version. plus it give the ps3 a better run for next year with mgs4 and ffx13 v-vega75

How'd you know the 360 version was almost done? Do you think making stuff up helps your point? :?

They said they played the latest build and a holiday release wasn't acceptable; simple as that. It's not done. They need more time.

Yes, it really is that simple.

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

well it has been confirmed by Rockstar that they would be releasing exclusive two episodes for 360 by the end of first quarter of next year.There was no Block buster game(in the 1st quarter)thatwas coming next year for 360.i know thereare some but these games (ninja gaiden 2 ,halo wars)are notyet confirmed for 2008(1st quarter)release.
So MGS4 is coming same time when the GTA4 will hit the shelves.May be one or half month difference.
And i think it will definately effect PS3's sales.
Whatdo you guys think?Revolution_Ali

I think you need to play more, think less!

d3thm0nkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 d3thm0nkey
Member since 2006 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="Unholy_Smite"]it still comes out for the PS3 at the same time...With Wii on their rear it would have made more sense to get it out now and get your US sales above 10 million by year end and take a perm lead here.KAWICE

If you guys believe that then I truly am amazed at how illogical people are. Hey I heard Microsoft helped stage the moon landing.

v-vega75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 v-vega75

[QUOTE="v-vega75"]no it's not out their. but creating threads that it's MS that persuaded or paid T2 to delay it doesn't seem correct. being as that the 360 version was almost done and noone has seen anything on the ps3 version. plus it give the ps3 a better run for next year with mgs4 and ffx13 Ninja-Vox

How'd you know the 360 version was almost done? Do you think making stuff up helps your point? :?

They said they played the latest build and a holiday release wasn't acceptable; simple as that. It's not done. They need more time.

Yes, it really is that simple.

ok my mistake on it being almost done. but it is more ahead on development on the 360 version then it is on the ps3 version. so if the 360 version get ddone before the ps3 version why not bring it out first on the 360.or because of contract issue they have to release both at the same time.
mike1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mike1889
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts

New conspiracy theory!!!! Delayed so that the Wii version will be ready for simultaneous release!!!! No link exists !!! All speculation !!! More believable to me than paying millions for a game delay!!!!

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
I don't think so just because they paid R* for the content doesn't mean that now MS will persuade R* when they want to, so I think R* did this on their own will and probably maybe becasue they wanna add something else to the game?? Don't you think that's a logical reason maybe..:roll:
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#25 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Trust me, they WANT this game released for the holiday season... Only an idiot would think otherwise.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Why would they want GTAIV delayed to compete against MGS4 when GTAIV is on the PS3 anyway?

I think people read into things too much. The game's not finished, end of story.