microsoft is f!cked 1st game publisher considering going to linux

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Windows 8 isnt going away and will improve, as more hybrid devices become available windows 7 will become alot less relevant,Plagueless

Maybe, but for now we'll stick with the facts.

Windows 8 isn't quite what W7 was on release, no, but you have to understand that at the time o Windows 7's release users were desperate for a better OS. Vista was awful and as such the majority of users were still using the 8 year old XP, which was inconceivable for the modern PC gamer. When 7 released it was like a godsend to PC users everywhere, finally a more efficient user friendly system that actually worked. Windows 8 is a fine OS, it's just not the boom that 7 was. The hate on W8 is based on assumptions and ignorance.

Yep.

It's natural that Windows 8 wouldn't be selling as well as Windows 7, considering how good Windows 7 is and how f***ing awful (apparently, I never used it) Vista was.

#152 Posted by pelvist (4630 posts) -

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] So? You wont be able to actually USE linux, otherwise valve are going to have the ultimate piratable-console of all time. It wont be a linux pc, it will be a console with a locked version of linux... just like the xbox is a heavily locked version of windows ect. Everyone praises VALVE, and when Gabe slams Microsoft for wanting a store (which is more than justifiable to stay relevant against apple and google) yet mr gabe wants a locked down console, denies europeans the right to trade their software and continues to go in a "consilization" focus direction. Any money/effort/resources pumped into the steam box could into the "amazing pc fanbase" that worship the ground they walk on. Its all hypocritical BS. Steambox being linux means nothing, and doesn't change the fact that for PCs nobody is going to use linux.MBirdy88

Look out everyone! Nerd rage!

Look everyone, a moron with no real rebuttal .

Its already been done a few pages back, if you werent such a moron yourself youd have noticed that before the nerd rage.

Youll get over it, happy holidays!

#153 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Windows 8 isnt going away and will improve, as more hybrid devices become available windows 7 will become alot less relevant,Plagueless

Maybe, but for now we'll stick with the facts.

Windows 8 isn't quite what W7 was on release, no, but you have to understand that at the time o Windows 7's release users were desperate for a better OS. Vista was awful and as such the majority of users were still using the 8 year old XP, which was inconceivable for the modern PC gamer. When 7 released it was like a godsend to PC users everywhere, finally a more efficient user friendly system that actually worked. Windows 8 is a fine OS, it's just not the boom that 7 was. The hate on W8 is based on assumptions and ignorance.

I hope you're not insinuating that I'm hating on Windows 8 from a simple link, but the proof is in the pudding that people still prefers Windows 7. Unless there's a distinct advantage to convert, people will probably stay with what they're comfortable with. Is it ignorance when game developers speak up about the new interface and how much more of a closed system it seems?

#154 Posted by AdrianWerner (27985 posts) -

I hope you're not insinuating that I'm hating on Windows 8 from a simple link, but the proof is in the pudding that people still prefers Windows 7. Unless there's a distinct advantage to convert, people will probably stay with what they're comfortable with. Is it ignorance when game developers speak up about the new interface and how much more of a closed system it seems?

Gxgear

Most people do not prefer any OS in reality. Hardly anyone who buys new PC will downrage to Windows 7. So it doesn't really matter what people are comfortable with. Hundreds of millions of people will move to Windows 8 each year solely by buying new PCs.

Also...it's worth remembering people absolutely loathed XP when it launched and even prefered to stay on ME

#155 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="percech"] You use Windows, lol.

No I don't :| I prefer good operating systems

lmao. this liar.

It's true. That you are ignorant about using other systems don't make everyone else ignorant...
#156 Posted by delta3074 (17897 posts) -
lemmings are ownedPinnacleGamingP
How are lemmings owned? this has nothing to do with the 360, this is a Hermit thing not a lemming thing you muppet!
#157 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

AdrianWerner

Most people do not prefer any OS in reality. Hardly anyone who buys new PC will downrage to Windows 7. So it doesn't really matter what people are comfortable with. Hundreds of millions of people will move to Windows 8 each year solely by buying new PCs.

Also...it's worth remembering people absolutely loathed XP when it launched and even prefered to stay on ME

Gamers do, I thought we were talking about the OS' gaming applications. I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that "hundres of millions" of people will automatically convert to W8 based on sales; people normally don't go for the newest, top-of-the-line hardware (especially the ones that would shop at retail), and the more tech-savvy ones will build it themselves and install the OS of their choice. Assumptions on my part of course, but it makes more sense, and, at the very least, illustrates the fact that you can reason it both ways.

I don't know who you hang out with, but people hated ME. Microsoft OS preference as far as I know was 98se/XP/W7,