Microsoft investing on hopes of the "next Halo"

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

my gripe is bigger then you, why would i be done now?PressXtoJump

You're dealing with your gripe, and then me?

#102 Posted by PressXtoJump (1493 posts) -

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]my gripe is bigger then you, why would i be done now?lundy86_4

dont take yourself so lightly.. instead, look for the light that surrounds you with the power of Allah
#103 Posted by OldSnakePS3 (310 posts) -
ten bucks says itll be ANOTHER SPACE MARINE SHOOTER the one trick pony keeps its name
#104 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

ten bucks says itll be ANOTHER SPACE MARINE SHOOTER the one trick pony keeps its name OldSnakePS3

That "one trick pony" also develops and publishes the Forza franchise. Right away, that makes it a "two trick pony", and that's not counting other games.

#105 Posted by clyde46 (46578 posts) -

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]my gripe is bigger then you, why would i be done now?lundy86_4

Just ignore him. He's trying (read, failing) to be funny.
#106 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]my gripe is bigger then you, why would i be done now?clyde46

Just ignore him. He's trying (read, failing) to be funny.

I really should... I just can't help myself :P

#107 Posted by PAL360 (26930 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="DontGetBigIdeas"]Halo is great and all, but if MS is banking on Halo then I'm out. I'm tired of them pimping the same four "core" franchises and acting like it's enough. I'm sick of constant Halo, Forza, Gears and relying on COD releases. This next gen needs a serious influx of new IPs and ideas across all platforms, but most importantly MS.clyde46

This is a whole new IP.

But its like Halo.... The industry has too many shooters. I want a return to games that require you to think rather than being led through a level being told what I can and cant do.

By saying that 'it's like Halo', they meant in quality and popularity. We know nothing about this new IP, yet...

#108 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
The year is 2027. Your son asks you for Halo 23 for the holidays, what do you say?
#109 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34157 posts) -

The year is 2027. Your son asks you for Halo 23 for the holidays, what do you say? SAGE_OF_FIRE

Nothing, as not to ruin the surprise Christmas day!

#110 Posted by enterawesome (9477 posts) -
Best of luck to them, I guess.
#111 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
Eww!, why not try something different?... surely they can come up with something new and refreshing(inb4fabreeze).
#112 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

I have no doubts MS has a number of teams right now making exclusive first party games for the next Xbox considering it takes years for a game to finish development.

#113 Posted by hoosier7 (3843 posts) -

I have no doubts MS has a number of teams right now making exclusive first party games for the next Xbox considering it takes years for a game to finish development.

jimmypsn
Yep, plenty of Kinect titles being worked on i bet :P I'd be surprised if there were anything more than a new IP or two but it won't be the kind of consistent level you see on other platforms.