Microsoft hiring new Xbox console developer

• 61 results
#51 Posted by Daious (1295 posts) -

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

XB1 Pro-Version....incoming for the love of god!!!

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

Terrible idea. No one would trust an MS console at launch ever again and it would absolutely screw over early adopters. Considering you can pick up an xboxone for 300-325 dollars now, it already bad enough.

XB2 pro version at the launch of next gen = great idea though. Steam machines/boxes might actually prompt MS to do so. I do hope they go that route.

The ONLY company that currently are making home consoles, that could do this is Microsoft at this point. They could render the PS4 so last gen in all features it would be a slaughter in console power differences.

Microsoft could drop 5 billion right now in a new Pro version of the X1 leaving Sony holding their dicks, not blinking an eye. How could Sony in their financial state counter? They couldn't.

/truthfacts

Why would MS want to throw away money? Why would they want to hurt their adopters? What does this have to do anything about MS money or playstation/sony? I only mentioned from a microsoft standpoint and mentioned steambox because I hope the competition would encourage MS to make a pro version for their next gen.

Your response was completely irrelevant to my statement. I said nothing about MS not being able to do it. I just said they shouldn't do it for this generation but for next generation because it would hurt xboxone fanbase by releasing it this generation. I am sure day one buyers would have picked the pro version from the start. They weren't told of the price drop and I am pretty sure they would be salty if a pro version was released. How could their fans trust an MS console at launch? It would make me scared to pick up a console at launch next time around knowing that a better version would randomly pop in and the current version would be highly price cut. Microsoft would hurt their reputation severely by this. When next-gen launches, would the average MS console owner go out an buy a XboxTWO (or w/e) day one knowing that previous early adopters were screwed by price cuts and a new pro upgradable version last generation?

I would love to see MS do it for next generation. What did you even read to make that response? I am being completely serious. What did you read? The argument that on why MS shouldn't do it was about MS hurting its own fanbase. Its like the statement you made was responding to someone else entirely. I mean seriously what is your problem. You been harassing me and other users here in other threads. You are also completely misconstruing what people write. I am not sure if its intentional or you really can't see it.

TLDR: Pro version would hurt xboxone fans this generation. Next-gen = good idea if they announce it before the release of the successor of the xboxone. This has nothing to do with Sony.

Because I'm a gamer, and cows deserve it for being resolution/graphics whores this entire early gen. I don't see the fanboys giving up anytime soon.

Cows you're just lucky I'm not on the board of Microsoft. I would fill a ocean with yours and Kaz's tears.

I think microsoft cares more about their fanbase than cows.

#52 Edited by B4X (4793 posts) -

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

Terrible idea. No one would trust an MS console at launch ever again and it would absolutely screw over early adopters. Considering you can pick up an xboxone for 300-325 dollars now, it already bad enough.

XB2 pro version at the launch of next gen = great idea though. Steam machines/boxes might actually prompt MS to do so. I do hope they go that route.

The ONLY company that currently are making home consoles, that could do this is Microsoft at this point. They could render the PS4 so last gen in all features it would be a slaughter in console power differences.

Microsoft could drop 5 billion right now in a new Pro version of the X1 leaving Sony holding their dicks, not blinking an eye. How could Sony in their financial state counter? They couldn't.

/truthfacts

Why would MS want to throw away money? Why would they want to hurt their adopters? What does this have to do anything about MS money or playstation/sony? I only mentioned from a microsoft standpoint and mentioned steambox because I hope the competition would encourage MS to make a pro version for their next gen.

Your response was completely irrelevant to my statement. I said nothing about MS not being able to do it. I just said they shouldn't do it for this generation but for next generation because it would hurt xboxone fanbase by releasing it this generation. I am sure day one buyers would have picked the pro version from the start. They weren't told of the price drop and I am pretty sure they would be salty if a pro version was released. How could their fans trust an MS console at launch? It would make me scared to pick up a console at launch next time around knowing that a better version would randomly pop in and the current version would be highly price cut. Microsoft would hurt their reputation severely by this. When next-gen launches, would the average MS console owner go out an buy a XboxTWO (or w/e) day one knowing that previous early adopters were screwed by price cuts and a new pro upgradable version last generation?

I would love to see MS do it for next generation. What did you even read to make that response? I am being completely serious. What did you read? The argument that on why MS shouldn't do it was about MS hurting its own fanbase. Its like the statement you made was responding to someone else entirely. I mean seriously what is your problem. You been harassing me and other users here in other threads. You are also completely misconstruing what people write. I am not sure if its intentional or you really can't see it.

TLDR: Pro version would hurt xboxone fans this generation. Next-gen = good idea if they announce it before the release of the successor of the xboxone. This has nothing to do with Sony.

Because I'm a gamer, and cows deserve it for being resolution/graphics whores this entire early gen. I don't see the fanboys giving up anytime soon.

Cows you're just lucky I'm not on the board of Microsoft. I would fill a ocean with yours and Kaz's tears.

Caring about a fanbase is stealing another's fanbase. In business. Take away the enemies supply lines = win.

If you think Microsoft is going to sit around on their hands, while these rabid fanboys count pixels and compare resolutions to hurt their brand image.

You might be high. Watch what happens.

#53 Edited by Daious (1295 posts) -

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

/truthfacts

Caring about a fanbase is stealing another's fanbase. In business. Take away the enemies supply lines and ammo = win.

If you think Microsoft is going to sit around on their hands, while these rabid fanboys count pixels and compare resolutions to hurt their brand image.

There is a reason your idea isn't happening despite MS's capital and backing to do so. Early adopters of Xboxone, you know their biggests fans, would be screwed and forever cursed. MS doesn't care about 20fps difference. I think only SW and gaf really does. MS needs to rework on xbox image and bang they are set. That is about it. If sony fixed their image from last generation, then MS can do it this generation.

#54 Edited by B4X (4793 posts) -

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

/truthfacts

Caring about a fanbase is stealing another's fanbase. In business. Take away the enemies supply lines and ammo = win.

There is a reason your idea isn't happening despite MS's capital and backing to do so. Early adopters of Xboxone, you know their biggests fans, would be screwed and forever cursed. MS doesn't care about 20fps difference.

You realize we're talking about Microsoft? Do you want me to go pull up the 100s of examples of them doing EXACTLY what I just outlined.

You're from this planet right? They dumped the Original Xbox in 4-5 years basically for the Xbox 360. They weren't taking 1/4 of the backlash they are taking now towards a built brand that they have dumped billions in so far.

You really think they care about you or me...They care about winning and PROTECTING an image. We as fans have nothing to do with that.

You act as if this would be a bad thing for gamers? This would be a bad thing for one group of people. Fanboys. Gamers win.

I hope you realize I'm talking about a pro and standard version in the sense of all software working on both platforms?

A new more powerful SOC in the Pro version, the architecture remains the same. Software scalability in a closed environment? It wouldn't render the original early adopters systems obsolete. You do understand this? Please don't even try to talk about software problems. Developers have been making scalable software since the beginning of the PC. That's what those fancy buttons in your PC graphics menu are.

Offer a trade up program for early adopters.. and your argument is void.

They don't CARE about you or me, that's if you even own an X1? They care about the MILLIONS apon MILLIONS of potential customers that are looking at their product in a negative light.

You are from this planet? You have seen how Microsoft operates? /just asking?

#55 Edited by Daious (1295 posts) -
@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

/truthfacts

There is a reason your idea isn't happening despite MS's capital and backing to do so. Early adopters of Xboxone, you know their biggests fans, would be screwed and forever cursed. MS doesn't care about 20fps difference.

You realize we're talking about Microsoft? Do you want me to go pull up the 100s of examples of them doing EXACTLY what I just outlined.

You're from this planet right? They dumped the Original Xbox in 4-5 years basically for the Xbox 360. They weren't taking 1/4 of the backlash they are taking now towards a built brand. They have dumped billions in so far.

You really think they care about you or me...They care about winning and PROTECTING an image. We as fans have nothing to do with that.

You act as if this would be a bad thing for gamers? This would be a bad thing for one group of people. Fanboys. Gamers win.

I hope you realize I'm talking about a pro and standard version in the sense of all software working on both platforms?

A new more powerful SOC in the Pro version, the architecture remains the same. Software scalability in a closed environment? It wouldn't render the original early adopters systems obsolete. You do understand this? Please don't even try to talk about software problems. Developers have been making scalable software since the beginning of the PC. That's what those fancy buttons in your PC graphics menu are.

Offer a trade up program for early adopters.. your argument is void.

They don't CARE about you or me, that's if you even own an X1? They care about the MILLIONS apon MILLIONS of potential customers that are looking at their product in a negative light.

Your outline will never happen because any businessman already knows its a terrible idea to do it this gen. They know it. Like I said in the last post. They don't care about 20fps difference. Graphical difference isn't why they are failing to outsell the ps4. They aren't going to dump a billion R&D into Xboxone pro version to help fanboys win a resolution war. No way the new CEO is going to do that. Zero. Its against everything he has just stated since hes been put in charge.

It would wreck their image even worse and would be an investment that doesn't pay off. Last gen was RROD for early adopters. No biggy we had a warranty. Doing what you stated would be much worse. They already BS us by saying there is no kinectless model in the works. They aren't going to shot themselves in the foot by acknowledging xboxone is a failure by moving on to the next thing. There will be no "opps we messed us give us a year" while simultaneously hurting their fanbase who supported it from day one.

I also enjoy how you instantly try to discredit people's opinions by attempting to insult them. Its cute.

#56 Edited by B4X (4793 posts) -

@daious said:
@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

/truthfacts

You're from this planet right? They dumped the Original Xbox in 4-5 years basically for the Xbox 360. They weren't taking 1/4 of the backlash they are taking now towards a built brand. They have dumped billions in so far.

Your outline will never happen because any businessman already knows its a terrible idea to do it this gen. They know it. Like I said in the last post. They don't care about 20fps difference. Graphical difference isn't why they are failing to outsell the ps4. They aren't going to dump a billion R&D into Xboxone pro version to help fanboys win a resolution war. No way the new CEO is going to do that. Zero. Its against everything he has just stated since hes been put in charge.

It would wreck their image even worse and would be an investment that doesn't pay off. Last gen was RROD for early adopters. No biggy we had a warranty. Doing what you stated would be much worse. They already BS us by saying there is no kinectless model in the works. They aren't going to shot themselves in the foot by acknowledging xboxone is a failure by moving on to the next thing. There will be no "opps we messed us give us a year" while simultaneously hurting their fanbase who supported it from day one.

I also enjoy how you instantly try to discredit people's opinions by attempting to insult them. Its cute.

We'll see what happens won't we? History leans one way In this debate.

Microsoft Acquisitions

101987-07-30-0000July 30, 1987ForethoughtComputer softwareUnited States700714000000000000014,000,000[19]
201991-03-31-0000March 31, 1991Consumers SoftwareSoftwareCanada700720500000000000020,500,000[20]
301992-06-29-0000June 29, 1992Fox SoftwarePC database softwareUnited States7008174800000000000174,800,000[21]
401994-02-28-0000February 28, 1994SoftimageWholesale 3-D visualization softwareCanada7008139000000000000139,000,000[22]
501994-09-27-0000September 27, 1994Altamira SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[23]
601994-11-01-0000November 1, 1994NextBaseSoftwareUnited States[24]
701994-11-15-0000November 15, 1994One Tree SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[25]
801995-02-23-0000February 23, 1995RenderMorphics3D graphics hardwareUnited States[26]
901995-07-10-0000July 10, 1995Network ManagersSystems designUnited Kingdom[27]
1001995-10-17-0000October 17, 1995Blue Ribbon SoundworksSoftwareUnited States[28]
1101995-11-06-0000November 6, 1995NetwiseComputer softwareUnited States[29]
1201995-12-12-0000December 12, 1995Bruce Artwick OrganizationProgrammingUnited States[30]
1301996-01-16-0000January 16, 1996Vermeer TechnologiesSoftwareUnited States[31]
1401996-03-06-0000March 6, 1996VGA-Animation Software Div[note 1]SoftwareGermany[32]
1501996-03-12-0000March 12, 1996Colusa SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[33]
1601996-04-16-0000April 16, 1996ExosVideo game controllersUnited States[34]
1701996-04-23-0000April 23, 1996Aspect Software EngineeringComputer softwareUnited States700714150000000000014,150,000[35]
1801996-06-11-0000June 11, 1996eShopSoftwareUnited States[36]
1901996-06-17-0000June 17, 1996Electric GravityElectronic gamesUnited States[37]
2001996-11-01-0000November 1, 1996Panorama Software Sys-On-Line[note 2]SoftwareCanada[38]
2101997-02-03-0000February 3, 1997NetCartaInternet softwareUnited States700720000000000000020,000,000[39]
2201997-03-03-0000March 3, 1997InterseInternet softwareUnited States[40]
2301997-04-30-0000April 30, 1997WebTV NetworksInternet service providerUnited States7008425000000000000425,000,000[41]
2401997-05-07-0000May 7, 1997Dimension XJava-based platformsUnited States[42]
2501997-06-13-0000June 13, 1997Cooper & PetersProgrammingUnited States[43]
2601997-06-30-0000June 30, 1997LinkAge SoftwareInternet software developmentCanada[44]
2701997-08-05-0000August 5, 1997VXtremeInternet video softwareUnited States[45]
2801997-12-31-0000December 31, 1997HotmailInternet softwareUnited States7008500000000000000500,000,000[46]
2901998-02-23-0000February 23, 1998Flash CommunicationsEnterprise instant messaging softwareUnited States[47]

[48]

3001998-04-15-0000April 15, 1998FireflyRelationship management softwareUnited States700740000000000000040,000,000[49]
3101998-04-28-0000April 28, 1998MESA GroupData sharing softwareUnited States[50]
3201998-08-25-0000August 25, 1998Valence ResearchInternet softwareUnited States[51]
3301998-11-06-0000November 6, 1998LinkExchangeInternet advertising networkUnited States7008265000000000000265,000,000[52]
3401999-01-11-0000January 11, 1999FASA InteractiveComputer game softwareUnited States[53]
3501999-03-04-0000March 4, 1999CompareNetShopping onlineUnited States[54]
3601999-03-26-0000March 26, 1999Numinous TechnologiesSoftwareUnited States[55]
3701999-04-27-0000April 27, 1999Interactive Objects-DigitalWeb music softwareUnited States[56]
3801999-04-30-0000April 30, 1999Jump NetworksInternet service providerUnited States[57]
3901999-06-07-0000June 7, 1999ShadowFactor SoftwareWholesale computer softwareUnited States[58]
4001999-06-15-0000June 15, 1999OmnibrowseInternet softwareUnited States[59]
4101999-06-28-0000June 28, 1999IntrinsaDefect detection softwareUnited States700758900000000000058,900,000[60]
4201999-07-01-0000July 1, 1999SenditApplication softwareSweden7008125420000000000125,420,000[61]
4301999-07-07-0000July 7, 1999ZoomitEncryption softwareCanada[62]
4401999-07-21-0000July 21, 1999STNCCommunity softwareUnited Kingdom[63]
4501999-09-19-0000September 19, 1999Softway SystemsComputer programmingUnited States[64]
4601999-10-29-0000October 29, 1999EntropicSoftwareUnited States[65]
4702000-01-07-0000January 7, 2000Visio CorporationWholesale drawing softwareUnited States70091375000000000001,375,000,000[66]
4802000-02-29-0000February 29, 2000Peach NetworksDigital TV servicesIsrael[67]
4902000-03-17-0000March 17, 2000TravelscapeInternet service providerUnited States700789750000000000089,750,000[68]
5002000-04-12-0000April 12, 2000Titus CommunicationsCable televisionUnited States7008944800000000000944,800,000[69]
5102000-06-19-0000June 19, 2000Bungie SoftwareComputer softwareUnited States[70]
5202000-07-12-0000July 12, 2000NetGamesSoftwareUnited States[71]
5302000-09-13-0000September 13, 2000MongoMusicOnline music search engineUnited States700765000000000000065,000,000[72]
5402000-09-27-0000September 27, 2000Pacific MicrosonicsDigital audio technologyUnited States[73]
5502001-03-17-0000March 17, 2001VacationspotInternet service providerUnited States700770850000000000070,850,000[74]
5602001-04-05-0000April 5, 2001Great Plains SoftwareBusiness management softwareUnited States7008939884000000000939,884,000[75]
5702001-05-02-0000May 2, 2001Intellisol InternationalSoftwareCanada[76]
5802001-05-31-0000May 31, 2001NCompass LabsInternet softwareCanada700736000000000000036,000,000[77]
5902001-06-21-0000June 21, 2001Maximal Innovative IntelligenceSoftwareIsrael700720000000000000020,000,000[78]
6002001-07-01-0000July 1, 2001YupiOnline Spanish PortalUnited States[79]
6102002-03-11-0000March 11, 2002Classic Custom VacationsTravel agencyUnited States700778000000000000078,000,000[80]
6202002-05-22-0000May 22, 2002Sales Management SystemsSoftwareUnited States[81]
6302002-07-12-0000July 12, 2002NavisionSoftware programmingDenmark70091330000000000001,330,000,000[82]
6402002-07-29-0000July 29, 2002MobilocityComputer consultingUnited States[83]
6502002-09-10-0000September 10, 2002XDegreesSecurity softwareUnited States[84]
6602002-09-24-0000September 24, 2002RareSoftware and video gamesUnited Kingdom7008375000000000000375,000,000[85]
6702002-12-13-0000December 13, 2002VicinityOnline enterprise locationUnited States700795849000000000095,849,000[86]
6802003-02-25-0000February 25, 2003ConnectixSoftwareUnited States[87]
6902003-03-03-0000March 3, 2003DCGInternet softwareAustralia[88]
7002003-04-30-0000April 30, 2003PlaceWareWeb conferencingUnited States7008200000000000000200,000,000[89]
7102003-05-27-0000May 27, 2003G.A. SullivanInformation technologyUnited States[90]
7202003-06-10-0000June 10, 2003GeCAD SoftwareAntivirus technologyRomania[91]
7302003-08-29-0000August 29, 20033DO Co-High Heat BaseballSoftwareUnited States7005450000000000000450,000[92]
7402004-04-22-0000April 22, 2004Encore Bus Solutions-IP AstsIP assetsUnited States[93]
7502004-04-26-0000April 26, 2004ActiveViewsReporting systemsUnited States[94]
7602004-07-16-0000July 16, 2004Lookout SoftwarePersonal search toolUnited States[95]
7702004-12-16-0000December 16, 2004GIANT Company SoftwareAnti-spywareUnited States[96]
7802005-03-02-0000March 2, 2005en'tegrateSoftwareUnited States[97]
7902005-04-09-0000April 9, 2005Groove NetworksCommunity softwareUnited States[98]
8002005-05-11-0000May 11, 2005MessageCastMessagingUnited States70067000000000000007,000,000[99]
8102005-05-31-0000May 31, 2005Tsinghua-Shenxun-Cert AstsCertain assetsChina700715000000000000015,000,000[100]
8202005-06-21-0000June 21, 2005Sybari SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[101]
8302005-08-29-0000August 29, 2005TeleoVoIPUnited States[102]
8402005-08-31-0000August 31, 2005FrontBridge TechnologiesEmail protectionUnited States[103]
8502005-09-19-0000September 19, 2005AlacrisCertificate management softwareUnited States[104]
8602005-11-03-0000November 3, 2005media-streams.comSoftwareSwitzerland[105]
8702005-11-17-0000November 17, 20055th FingerMobileAustralia70063153000000000003,153,000[106]
8802006-01-19-0000January 19, 2006UMT-Software and IP AssetsSoftwareUnited States[107]
8902006-02-13-0000February 13, 2006MotionBridgeSearchFrance700717858000000000017,858,000[108]
9002006-02-13-0000February 13, 2006Seadragon SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[109]
9102006-03-07-0000March 7, 2006ApptimumSoftwareUnited States[110]
9202006-03-07-0000March 7, 2006OnfolioInternet softwareUnited States[111]
9302006-04-06-0000April 6, 2006Lionhead StudiosVideo gamesUnited Kingdom[112]
9402006-04-26-0000April 26, 2006AssetMetrixEnterprise softwareCanada[113]
9502006-05-04-0000May 4, 2006Massive IncorporatedVideo game advertisingUnited States[114]
9602006-05-04-0000May 4, 2006VexcelMapping softwareUnited States[115]
9702006-05-15-0000May 15, 2006DeepMetrixWeb log analysisUnited States[116]
9802006-06-06-0000June 6, 2006ProClarityAnalysis softwareUnited States[117]
9902006-06-27-0000June 27, 2006iView MultimediaDigital asset managementUnited Kingdom[118]
10002006-07-17-0000July 17, 2006Softricityapplication virtualization softwareUnited States[119]
10102006-07-18-0000July 18, 2006Winternals SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[120]
10202006-07-26-0000July 26, 2006Whale CommunicationsApplicationsIsrael[121]
10302006-09-26-0000September 26, 2006GtekoApplicationsIsrael[122]
10402006-10-02-0000October 2, 2006DesktopStandardApplicationsUnited States[123]
10502006-10-12-0000October 12, 2006ColloquisNatural language softwareUnited States[124]
10602007-03-09-0000March 9, 2007MedstoryInternet search engineUnited States[125]
10702007-03-26-0000March 26, 2007devBiz Business SolutionsSoftware toolsUnited States[126]
10802007-05-03-0000May 3, 2007ScreenTonicAdvertising and marketingFrance[127]
10902007-05-03-0000May 3, 2007Tellme NetworksMobile phone softwareUnited States[128]
11002007-05-09-0000May 9, 2007SoftArtisansBusiness Intelligence softwareUnited States[129]
11102007-06-04-0000June 4, 2007EngyroInformation technologyUnited States[130]
11202007-06-07-0000June 7, 2007StratatureMaster Data ManagementUnited States[131]
11302007-06-29-0000June 29, 2007Savvis Inc-Data CentersNetworkingUnited States7008200000000000000200,000,000[132]
11402007-08-13-0000August 13, 2007AdECNAd ExchangeUnited States[133]
11502007-08-13-0000August 13, 2007aQuantiveDigital marketingUnited States70096333000000000006,333,000,000[134]
11602007-10-02-0000October 2, 2007Jellyfish.comSearch engineUnited States[135]
11702007-10-05-0000October 5, 2007ParlanoEnterprise messaging softwareUnited States[136]
11802007-10-29-0000October 29, 2007Global Care Solutions-AssetsAssetsThailand[137]
11902007-11-01-0000November 1, 2007HOB Business SolutionsInformation technologyDenmark[138]
12002007-11-15-0000November 15, 2007MusiwaveMobile music entertainmentFrance[139]
12102007-12-12-0000December 12, 2007Multimap.comMappingUnited Kingdom[140]
12202008-01-22-0000January 22, 2008Calista TechnologiesSoftwareUnited States[141]
12302008-02-07-0000February 7, 2008Caligari CorporationSoftwareUnited States[142]
12402008-02-27-0000February 27, 2008YaDataSoftwareIsrael[143]
12502008-03-14-0000March 14, 2008RaptAdvertising yield management softwareUnited States[144]
12602008-03-19-0000March 19, 2008KomokuRootkit security softwareUnited States70065000000000000005,000,000[145]
12702008-03-31-0000March 31, 200890 Degree SoftwareBusiness intelligence softwareCanada[146]
12802008-04-14-0000April 14, 2008FarecastOnline search softwareUnited States700775000000000000075,000,000[147]
12902008-04-15-0000April 15, 2008DangerMobile Internet softwareUnited States7008500000000000000500,000,000[148]
13002008-04-25-0000April 25, 2008Fast Search & TransferEnterprise search[clarification needed]Norway70091191000000000001,191,000,000[149]
13102008-05-26-0000May 26, 2008KidaroSoftwareUnited States[150]
13202008-06-04-0000June 4, 2008QuadreonSoftwareBelgium[151]
13302008-06-18-0000June 18, 2008Navic NetworksManagement softwareUnited States[152]
13402008-06-26-0000June 26, 2008MobicompMobile applicationsPortugal[153]
13502008-08-11-0000August 11, 2008PowersetSemantic SearchUnited States[154]
13602008-09-16-0000September 16, 2008DATAllegroData softwareUnited States[155]
13702008-09-28-0000September 28, 2008Greenfield OnlineSearch and e-commerce servicesUnited States7008486000000000000486,000,000[156]
13802009-03-01-0000March 1, 20093DV SystemsDeveloper of ZCam, a time-of-flight cameraIsrael35,000,000[157]
13902009-05-07-0000May 7, 2009BigParkInteractive online gamingCanada[158]
14002009-06-01-0000June 1, 2009Rosetta BiosoftwareBioinformatics solutions for life science researchUnited States[159]
14102009-09-22-0000September 22, 2009Interactive SupercomputingSoftwareUnited States[160]
14202009-12-10-0000December 10, 2009Opalis SoftwareSoftwareCanada[161]
14302009-12-10-0000December 10, 2009Sentillion, Inc.Identity and Access Management Software for HealthcareUnited States[162]
14402010-10-06-0000October 6, 2010AVIcode, Inc..Net monitoring technologyUnited States[163]
14502010-10-29-0000October 29, 2010Canesta, Inc.3-D sensing technologyUnited States[164]
14602011-05-10-0000May 10, 2011Skype TechnologiesTelecommunicationsLuxembourg70098500000000000008,500,000,000[165]
14702011-06-07-0000June 7, 2011ProdianceSoftwareUnited States[166][167]
14802011-11-22-0000November 22, 2011VideosurfVideo searchUnited States100,000,000[168]

[169]

14902012-06-25-0000June 25, 2012YammerSocial networkingUnited States1,200,000,000[170]
15002012-07-09-0000July 9, 2012Perceptive PixelMulti touch hardwareUnited States[171]
15102012-10-04-0000October 4, 2012PhoneFactorTwo-factor authentication systemUnited States[172]
15202012-10-16-0000October 16, 2012StorSimpleCloud-storage appliance vendorUnited States[173]
15302012-10-17-0000October 17, 2012MarketingPilotMarketing automation firmUnited States[174]
15402013-01-03-0000January 3, 2013id8 Group R2 StudiosHome automationUnited States[175]
15502013-03-04-0000March 4, 2013MetricsHubCloud monitoringUnited States[176]
15602013-03-19-0000March 19, 2013NetbreezeSocial analyticsSwitzerland[177]
15702013-06-03-0000June 3, 2013InReleaseRelease management[178]
15802013-09-02-0000September 2, 2013Nokia mobile phones unitMobile phones, smartphonesFinland70097200000000000007,200,000,000[179]
15902013-10-12-0000October 12, 2013HLW SoftwareRDP applicationsAustria[180]
16002013-10-25-0000October 25, 2013ApiphanyAPI managementUnited States[181]
16102014-01-07-0000January 7, 2014ParatureCustomer service softwareUnited States7008100000000000000100,000,000[182]
16202014-05-01-0000May 1, 2014GreenButtonCloud computingNew Zealand[183]
16302014-05-01-0000May 1, 2014Capptain(Mobile) application developmentFrance[184]
16402014-07-02-0000July 2, 2014SyntaxTreeDeveloper toolsFrance[185]
16502014-07-11-0000July 11, 2014InMageDisaster recovery solutionsUnited States[186]
#57 Posted by B4X (4793 posts) -

@daious: Come on bro? That list didn't run you off? Microsoft makes, spends and losses billions more than any company I have ever seen in the technical sector.

Can you answer a question for me.. Just fill in the blank.

History finds a way to _______ itself.

#58 Posted by l34052 (3197 posts) -
@edwardecl said:

Maybe Microsoft want's to get the head start this time and not release something that looks like a VCR from the 80's and finally be able to integrate the power supply into the system, and maybe just maybe put a rechargeable battery in the control pad.

MS wont provide a proper rechargable battery in their controllers cause xb/bone fans have proven time and again they dont mind bein ripped off by a giant corporation selling them seperate battery packs and proprietary charging cables so why wold they change that.

MS fans really only have themselves to blame by supporting the cancer of gaming that is microsoft.

#59 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

I bet they're hoping that they can pay Cerny enough money so that he'll moonlight on their behalf and actually make a console inspired by developers for gamers. They know full well they don't have a Cerny equivalent on their side so I can't blame them for looking into making the next Xbone a sure thing. I think we'll be seeing the next Xbone a lot sooner than the next playstation. Especially if it continues to be trounced by the PS4.

#60 Edited by Daious (1295 posts) -
@b4x said:

@daious said:
@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

@daious said:

@b4x said:

DO IT....DO IT NOW!

/truthfacts

We'll see what happens won't we? History leans one way In this debate.

Microsoft Acquisitions

101987-07-30-0000July 30, 1987ForethoughtComputer softwareUnited States700714000000000000014,000,000[19]
201991-03-31-0000March 31, 1991Consumers SoftwareSoftwareCanada700720500000000000020,500,000[20]
301992-06-29-0000June 29, 1992Fox SoftwarePC database softwareUnited States7008174800000000000174,800,000[21]
401994-02-28-0000February 28, 1994SoftimageWholesale 3-D visualization softwareCanada7008139000000000000139,000,000[22]
501994-09-27-0000September 27, 1994Altamira SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[23]
601994-11-01-0000November 1, 1994NextBaseSoftwareUnited States[24]
701994-11-15-0000November 15, 1994One Tree SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[25]
801995-02-23-0000February 23, 1995RenderMorphics3D graphics hardwareUnited States[26]
901995-07-10-0000July 10, 1995Network ManagersSystems designUnited Kingdom[27]
1001995-10-17-0000October 17, 1995Blue Ribbon SoundworksSoftwareUnited States[28]
1101995-11-06-0000November 6, 1995NetwiseComputer softwareUnited States[29]
1201995-12-12-0000December 12, 1995Bruce Artwick OrganizationProgrammingUnited States[30]
1301996-01-16-0000January 16, 1996Vermeer TechnologiesSoftwareUnited States[31]
1401996-03-06-0000March 6, 1996VGA-Animation Software Div[note 1]SoftwareGermany[32]
1501996-03-12-0000March 12, 1996Colusa SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[33]
1601996-04-16-0000April 16, 1996ExosVideo game controllersUnited States[34]
1701996-04-23-0000April 23, 1996Aspect Software EngineeringComputer softwareUnited States700714150000000000014,150,000[35]
1801996-06-11-0000June 11, 1996eShopSoftwareUnited States[36]
1901996-06-17-0000June 17, 1996Electric GravityElectronic gamesUnited States[37]
2001996-11-01-0000November 1, 1996Panorama Software Sys-On-Line[note 2]SoftwareCanada[38]
2101997-02-03-0000February 3, 1997NetCartaInternet softwareUnited States700720000000000000020,000,000[39]
2201997-03-03-0000March 3, 1997InterseInternet softwareUnited States[40]
2301997-04-30-0000April 30, 1997WebTV NetworksInternet service providerUnited States7008425000000000000425,000,000[41]
2401997-05-07-0000May 7, 1997Dimension XJava-based platformsUnited States[42]
2501997-06-13-0000June 13, 1997Cooper & PetersProgrammingUnited States[43]
2601997-06-30-0000June 30, 1997LinkAge SoftwareInternet software developmentCanada[44]
2701997-08-05-0000August 5, 1997VXtremeInternet video softwareUnited States[45]
2801997-12-31-0000December 31, 1997HotmailInternet softwareUnited States7008500000000000000500,000,000[46]
2901998-02-23-0000February 23, 1998Flash CommunicationsEnterprise instant messaging softwareUnited States[47]

[48]

3001998-04-15-0000April 15, 1998FireflyRelationship management softwareUnited States700740000000000000040,000,000[49]
3101998-04-28-0000April 28, 1998MESA GroupData sharing softwareUnited States[50]
3201998-08-25-0000August 25, 1998Valence ResearchInternet softwareUnited States[51]
3301998-11-06-0000November 6, 1998LinkExchangeInternet advertising networkUnited States7008265000000000000265,000,000[52]
3401999-01-11-0000January 11, 1999FASA InteractiveComputer game softwareUnited States[53]
3501999-03-04-0000March 4, 1999CompareNetShopping onlineUnited States[54]
3601999-03-26-0000March 26, 1999Numinous TechnologiesSoftwareUnited States[55]
3701999-04-27-0000April 27, 1999Interactive Objects-DigitalWeb music softwareUnited States[56]
3801999-04-30-0000April 30, 1999Jump NetworksInternet service providerUnited States[57]
3901999-06-07-0000June 7, 1999ShadowFactor SoftwareWholesale computer softwareUnited States[58]
4001999-06-15-0000June 15, 1999OmnibrowseInternet softwareUnited States[59]
4101999-06-28-0000June 28, 1999IntrinsaDefect detection softwareUnited States700758900000000000058,900,000[60]
4201999-07-01-0000July 1, 1999SenditApplication softwareSweden7008125420000000000125,420,000[61]
4301999-07-07-0000July 7, 1999ZoomitEncryption softwareCanada[62]
4401999-07-21-0000July 21, 1999STNCCommunity softwareUnited Kingdom[63]
4501999-09-19-0000September 19, 1999Softway SystemsComputer programmingUnited States[64]
4601999-10-29-0000October 29, 1999EntropicSoftwareUnited States[65]
4702000-01-07-0000January 7, 2000Visio CorporationWholesale drawing softwareUnited States70091375000000000001,375,000,000[66]
4802000-02-29-0000February 29, 2000Peach NetworksDigital TV servicesIsrael[67]
4902000-03-17-0000March 17, 2000TravelscapeInternet service providerUnited States700789750000000000089,750,000[68]
5002000-04-12-0000April 12, 2000Titus CommunicationsCable televisionUnited States7008944800000000000944,800,000[69]
5102000-06-19-0000June 19, 2000Bungie SoftwareComputer softwareUnited States[70]
5202000-07-12-0000July 12, 2000NetGamesSoftwareUnited States[71]
5302000-09-13-0000September 13, 2000MongoMusicOnline music search engineUnited States700765000000000000065,000,000[72]
5402000-09-27-0000September 27, 2000Pacific MicrosonicsDigital audio technologyUnited States[73]
5502001-03-17-0000March 17, 2001VacationspotInternet service providerUnited States700770850000000000070,850,000[74]
5602001-04-05-0000April 5, 2001Great Plains SoftwareBusiness management softwareUnited States7008939884000000000939,884,000[75]
5702001-05-02-0000May 2, 2001Intellisol InternationalSoftwareCanada[76]
5802001-05-31-0000May 31, 2001NCompass LabsInternet softwareCanada700736000000000000036,000,000[77]
5902001-06-21-0000June 21, 2001Maximal Innovative IntelligenceSoftwareIsrael700720000000000000020,000,000[78]
6002001-07-01-0000July 1, 2001YupiOnline Spanish PortalUnited States[79]
6102002-03-11-0000March 11, 2002Classic Custom VacationsTravel agencyUnited States700778000000000000078,000,000[80]
6202002-05-22-0000May 22, 2002Sales Management SystemsSoftwareUnited States[81]
6302002-07-12-0000July 12, 2002NavisionSoftware programmingDenmark70091330000000000001,330,000,000[82]
6402002-07-29-0000July 29, 2002MobilocityComputer consultingUnited States[83]
6502002-09-10-0000September 10, 2002XDegreesSecurity softwareUnited States[84]
6602002-09-24-0000September 24, 2002RareSoftware and video gamesUnited Kingdom7008375000000000000375,000,000[85]
6702002-12-13-0000December 13, 2002VicinityOnline enterprise locationUnited States700795849000000000095,849,000[86]
6802003-02-25-0000February 25, 2003ConnectixSoftwareUnited States[87]
6902003-03-03-0000March 3, 2003DCGInternet softwareAustralia[88]
7002003-04-30-0000April 30, 2003PlaceWareWeb conferencingUnited States7008200000000000000200,000,000[89]
7102003-05-27-0000May 27, 2003G.A. SullivanInformation technologyUnited States[90]
7202003-06-10-0000June 10, 2003GeCAD SoftwareAntivirus technologyRomania[91]
7302003-08-29-0000August 29, 20033DO Co-High Heat BaseballSoftwareUnited States7005450000000000000450,000[92]
7402004-04-22-0000April 22, 2004Encore Bus Solutions-IP AstsIP assetsUnited States[93]
7502004-04-26-0000April 26, 2004ActiveViewsReporting systemsUnited States[94]
7602004-07-16-0000July 16, 2004Lookout SoftwarePersonal search toolUnited States[95]
7702004-12-16-0000December 16, 2004GIANT Company SoftwareAnti-spywareUnited States[96]
7802005-03-02-0000March 2, 2005en'tegrateSoftwareUnited States[97]
7902005-04-09-0000April 9, 2005Groove NetworksCommunity softwareUnited States[98]
8002005-05-11-0000May 11, 2005MessageCastMessagingUnited States70067000000000000007,000,000[99]
8102005-05-31-0000May 31, 2005Tsinghua-Shenxun-Cert AstsCertain assetsChina700715000000000000015,000,000[100]
8202005-06-21-0000June 21, 2005Sybari SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[101]
8302005-08-29-0000August 29, 2005TeleoVoIPUnited States[102]
8402005-08-31-0000August 31, 2005FrontBridge TechnologiesEmail protectionUnited States[103]
8502005-09-19-0000September 19, 2005AlacrisCertificate management softwareUnited States[104]
8602005-11-03-0000November 3, 2005media-streams.comSoftwareSwitzerland[105]
8702005-11-17-0000November 17, 20055th FingerMobileAustralia70063153000000000003,153,000[106]
8802006-01-19-0000January 19, 2006UMT-Software and IP AssetsSoftwareUnited States[107]
8902006-02-13-0000February 13, 2006MotionBridgeSearchFrance700717858000000000017,858,000[108]
9002006-02-13-0000February 13, 2006Seadragon SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[109]
9102006-03-07-0000March 7, 2006ApptimumSoftwareUnited States[110]
9202006-03-07-0000March 7, 2006OnfolioInternet softwareUnited States[111]
9302006-04-06-0000April 6, 2006Lionhead StudiosVideo gamesUnited Kingdom[112]
9402006-04-26-0000April 26, 2006AssetMetrixEnterprise softwareCanada[113]
9502006-05-04-0000May 4, 2006Massive IncorporatedVideo game advertisingUnited States[114]
9602006-05-04-0000May 4, 2006VexcelMapping softwareUnited States[115]
9702006-05-15-0000May 15, 2006DeepMetrixWeb log analysisUnited States[116]
9802006-06-06-0000June 6, 2006ProClarityAnalysis softwareUnited States[117]
9902006-06-27-0000June 27, 2006iView MultimediaDigital asset managementUnited Kingdom[118]
10002006-07-17-0000July 17, 2006Softricityapplication virtualization softwareUnited States[119]
10102006-07-18-0000July 18, 2006Winternals SoftwareSoftwareUnited States[120]
10202006-07-26-0000July 26, 2006Whale CommunicationsApplicationsIsrael[121]
10302006-09-26-0000September 26, 2006GtekoApplicationsIsrael[122]
10402006-10-02-0000October 2, 2006DesktopStandardApplicationsUnited States[123]
10502006-10-12-0000October 12, 2006ColloquisNatural language softwareUnited States[124]
10602007-03-09-0000March 9, 2007MedstoryInternet search engineUnited States[125]
10702007-03-26-0000March 26, 2007devBiz Business SolutionsSoftware toolsUnited States[126]
10802007-05-03-0000May 3, 2007ScreenTonicAdvertising and marketingFrance[127]
10902007-05-03-0000May 3, 2007Tellme NetworksMobile phone softwareUnited States[128]
11002007-05-09-0000May 9, 2007SoftArtisansBusiness Intelligence softwareUnited States[129]
11102007-06-04-0000June 4, 2007EngyroInformation technologyUnited States[130]
11202007-06-07-0000June 7, 2007StratatureMaster Data ManagementUnited States[131]
11302007-06-29-0000June 29, 2007Savvis Inc-Data CentersNetworkingUnited States7008200000000000000200,000,000[132]
11402007-08-13-0000August 13, 2007AdECNAd ExchangeUnited States[133]
11502007-08-13-0000August 13, 2007aQuantiveDigital marketingUnited States70096333000000000006,333,000,000[134]
11602007-10-02-0000October 2, 2007Jellyfish.comSearch engineUnited States[135]
11702007-10-05-0000October 5, 2007ParlanoEnterprise messaging softwareUnited States[136]
11802007-10-29-0000October 29, 2007Global Care Solutions-AssetsAssetsThailand[137]
11902007-11-01-0000November 1, 2007HOB Business SolutionsInformation technologyDenmark[138]
12002007-11-15-0000November 15, 2007MusiwaveMobile music entertainmentFrance[139]
12102007-12-12-0000December 12, 2007Multimap.comMappingUnited Kingdom[140]
12202008-01-22-0000January 22, 2008Calista TechnologiesSoftwareUnited States[141]
12302008-02-07-0000February 7, 2008Caligari CorporationSoftwareUnited States[142]
12402008-02-27-0000February 27, 2008YaDataSoftwareIsrael[143]
12502008-03-14-0000March 14, 2008RaptAdvertising yield management softwareUnited States[144]
12602008-03-19-0000March 19, 2008KomokuRootkit security softwareUnited States70065000000000000005,000,000[145]
12702008-03-31-0000March 31, 200890 Degree SoftwareBusiness intelligence softwareCanada[146]
12802008-04-14-0000April 14, 2008FarecastOnline search softwareUnited States700775000000000000075,000,000[147]
12902008-04-15-0000April 15, 2008DangerMobile Internet softwareUnited States7008500000000000000500,000,000[148]
13002008-04-25-0000April 25, 2008Fast Search & TransferEnterprise search[clarification needed]Norway70091191000000000001,191,000,000[149]
13102008-05-26-0000May 26, 2008KidaroSoftwareUnited States[150]
13202008-06-04-0000June 4, 2008QuadreonSoftwareBelgium[151]
13302008-06-18-0000June 18, 2008Navic NetworksManagement softwareUnited States[152]
13402008-06-26-0000June 26, 2008MobicompMobile applicationsPortugal[153]
13502008-08-11-0000August 11, 2008PowersetSemantic SearchUnited States[154]
13602008-09-16-0000September 16, 2008DATAllegroData softwareUnited States[155]
13702008-09-28-0000September 28, 2008Greenfield OnlineSearch and e-commerce servicesUnited States7008486000000000000486,000,000[156]
13802009-03-01-0000March 1, 20093DV SystemsDeveloper of ZCam, a time-of-flight cameraIsrael35,000,000[157]
13902009-05-07-0000May 7, 2009BigParkInteractive online gamingCanada[158]
14002009-06-01-0000June 1, 2009Rosetta BiosoftwareBioinformatics solutions for life science researchUnited States[159]
14102009-09-22-0000September 22, 2009Interactive SupercomputingSoftwareUnited States[160]
14202009-12-10-0000December 10, 2009Opalis SoftwareSoftwareCanada[161]
14302009-12-10-0000December 10, 2009Sentillion, Inc.Identity and Access Management Software for HealthcareUnited States[162]
14402010-10-06-0000October 6, 2010AVIcode, Inc..Net monitoring technologyUnited States[163]
14502010-10-29-0000October 29, 2010Canesta, Inc.3-D sensing technologyUnited States[164]
14602011-05-10-0000May 10, 2011Skype TechnologiesTelecommunicationsLuxembourg70098500000000000008,500,000,000[165]
14702011-06-07-0000June 7, 2011ProdianceSoftwareUnited States[166][167]
14802011-11-22-0000November 22, 2011VideosurfVideo searchUnited States100,000,000[168]

[169]

14902012-06-25-0000June 25, 2012YammerSocial networkingUnited States1,200,000,000[170]
15002012-07-09-0000July 9, 2012Perceptive PixelMulti touch hardwareUnited States[171]
15102012-10-04-0000October 4, 2012PhoneFactorTwo-factor authentication systemUnited States[172]
15202012-10-16-0000October 16, 2012StorSimpleCloud-storage appliance vendorUnited States[173]
15302012-10-17-0000October 17, 2012MarketingPilotMarketing automation firmUnited States[174]
15402013-01-03-0000January 3, 2013id8 Group R2 StudiosHome automationUnited States[175]
15502013-03-04-0000March 4, 2013MetricsHubCloud monitoringUnited States[176]
15602013-03-19-0000March 19, 2013NetbreezeSocial analyticsSwitzerland[177]
15702013-06-03-0000June 3, 2013InReleaseRelease management[178]
15802013-09-02-0000September 2, 2013Nokia mobile phones unitMobile phones, smartphonesFinland70097200000000000007,200,000,000[179]
15902013-10-12-0000October 12, 2013HLW SoftwareRDP applicationsAustria[180]
16002013-10-25-0000October 25, 2013ApiphanyAPI managementUnited States[181]
16102014-01-07-0000January 7, 2014ParatureCustomer service softwareUnited States7008100000000000000100,000,000[182]
16202014-05-01-0000May 1, 2014GreenButtonCloud computingNew Zealand[183]
16302014-05-01-0000May 1, 2014Capptain(Mobile) application developmentFrance[184]
16402014-07-02-0000July 2, 2014SyntaxTreeDeveloper toolsFrance[185]
16502014-07-11-0000July 11, 2014InMageDisaster recovery solutionsUnited States[186]

Do you honestly think the reason xboxone is being outsold is because of a few frames per second? Its the xbox image that was tarnished. Sony fixed their image last gen so MS can definitely do it this gen. Dumping money for a few frames will only hurt their fans.

#61 Posted by cainetao11 (17594 posts) -

Cant be real. They're laying off 6000 of the 30000 jobs they took on when Nokia was acquired. They can't still be hiring.

#62 Posted by B4X (4793 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Cant be real. They're laying off 6000 of the 30000 jobs they took on when Nokia was acquired. They can't still be hiring.

:p