Microsoft fears losing NA - Delays EU release more

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -
#2 Edited by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Europe is Sony land. Microsoft knows they won't win outside of home. Focusing for 2nd place on USA soil is a good business decision by Microsoft.

#3 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

That's bullshit, all those 43 swedish people who want an xbox one will be so PEEEOOD

#4 Posted by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

Are are fighting tooth and nail for HQ Country.

#5 Posted by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

Xbone is a fantastic console. It is just too expensive for most.

#6 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4078 posts) -

Switzerland to declare 20 days of national mourning.

Shit, things must be bad in the homeland if MS is diverting all its resources there.

#7 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Agree, Playstation 4 is just the better choice - Cheaper, More Powerful, Better games; even well known youtubers with over 100 subcribers would agree that the PS4 is the better choice.

#8 Posted by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

Agree, Playstation 4 is just the better choice - Cheaper, More Powerful, Better games; even well known youtubers with over 100 subcribers would agree that the PS4 is the better choice.

Yea PS4 is my main console with wii u and xboner for exclusives. I still like all 3 systems, but ps4 just has it where it counts.

#9 Posted by farrell2k (5807 posts) -

Microsoft dominates in North America. Where did you get this nonsensical idea about it fearing the loss of NA?

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

MS should lay a sneak attack on sony's home in japan!

#11 Edited by danjammer69 (4108 posts) -

Microsoft dominates in North America. Where did you get this nonsensical idea about it fearing the loss of NA?

Well they are not dominating right now, so how the hell does that make any sense?

Xbox 360 doesn't matter in this fight.

It is about PS4 vs. Xbone, and right now PS4 is dominating in North America.

#12 Edited by AdrianWerner (27983 posts) -

MS pretty much lost the fight for no.1 worldwide with this delay. At most they can now concentrate on trying to reclaim USA, but even that is doubtful. Unless Sony does something incredibly stupid they're pretty much guaranteed to win the gen and the gap between PS4 and Xbox One install bases will be siginificant, like 30-50%

#13 Posted by Desmonic (13416 posts) -

MS should lay a sneak attack on sony's home in japan!

Eh, wouldn't do much. Japan cares little for Xbox.

#14 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

Dat desperation.

#15 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

Indeed, now that all 2 million foolish lemms have purchased a Xbone. There is no potential to go up from there.

#16 Edited by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

It's only a $50 difference for the PS4 to the Xbox One here in Australia. $50 F**** dollars! I wouldn't say the Xbox One is WAY MORE expensive by any means.

#17 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

I was unaware that the Nordics was all of Europe.

Oh the sensationalist title that is not true.

Sony on Sony Fan. You guys wreak of desperation.

#18 Posted by trasherhead (3058 posts) -

Norwegian fans are super thrilled

/sarcasm

#19 Posted by Suppaman100 (3771 posts) -

Lemmings can't catch a break.

PS4 domination continuation

#20 Edited by gagit811 (3574 posts) -

I've notice both systems have sold out quickly, I didn't preorder and didn't plan on buying until later. Well that go to buy a new system bug hit me, so I went on a search for both systems. I've notice the Xbox one gets restocked quicker then the ps4, using http://www.xboxonelocator.com I was able to find a Xbox one. It also tracks the ps4 which never seem to be instock anywhere outside a insane bundle.

It's great at this time a year Microsoft keeps bringing in a steady supply of xboxone, it helps it over the ps4 because it's just easier to get one. Sony has to spread out its supply over more territory's which makes it harder for everyone to get.

#21 Posted by farrell2k (5807 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Well they are not dominating right now, so how the hell does that make any sense?

It's about the BRAND, the Xbox BRAND! Everything in the Xbox brand matters. Xbox has dominated North America.

#22 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@danjammer69 said:

@farrell2k said:

It's about the BRAND, the Xbox BRAND! Everything in the Xbox brand matters. Xbox has dominated North America.

It's 50/50, PS2 dominated NA, then 360 took over NA. I wouldn't say that's Xbox domination.

#23 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

even well known youtubers with over 100 subcribers would agree that the PS4 is the better choice.

LMAO, this is officially my most stupid reason ever that the PS4 is better than the Xbox One. Wow, you've outdone yourself.

#24 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15969 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You guys wreak of desperation.

It's "reek of desperation", not "wreak".

#25 Posted by MonsieurX (29502 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

Better games? Where is the AAA game?

Well kown youtubers with 100 subscribers? LOL

#26 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6143 posts) -

Cows twisting every bit of news. What else is new?

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

Well, sometimes you have to take food from the peasants for the important people to survive.

#28 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

Lol another cow circle jerk thread. These are quite common on system wars.

#29 Posted by StormyJoe (4889 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3:

What the Hell does XB1 being delayed in some countries have to do with the US?

You cows are fricken ridiculous.

#30 Posted by farrell2k (5807 posts) -

Lol another cow circle jerk thread. These are quite common on system wars.

I've noticed this. It's actually ridiculous how delusional some fanboys are!

#31 Edited by NFJSupreme (5150 posts) -

None of this matters. The xbone is selling millions and will continue to sell millions and cows will continue to be butthurt about as always.

#32 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Mwahaha! Yes my darlings, this is the end for the xbox. It was a cute little spat, a Halo here, a Gears there, but the world remembers the game changing platform that was, and is, Playstation. And you will all bow, and gives thanks.

The Domination has Won.

#33 Posted by blackace (20272 posts) -

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/102544/Source%3A+Xbox+One+hitting+delayed+regions+Q3+2014/

Sales must really not be going in Microsoft's favor.

My guess is that SONY has 70% of the marketshare in NA and Microsoft is panicking.

Microsoft's mistake is that supply doesn't generate demand. All they're going to get is a shitton of unsold units.

LOL!! 70%. Where are you getting these numbers from, you @$$? XB1 is still selling out everywhere and they are feeding the demand better then Sony right now. Words from retailers is XB1 dominated the week of Black Friday in the U.S. Sony had a full 2+ weeks in Novemeber compared to M$ one full week +2 day. Sony should be ahead because they've have been on the market longer, but it the numbers are fairly close, Sony won't be taking N.A., that's for sure. It'll end up just like the PS3. I doubt Sony has 70% of the market. More like 40% if they are lucky. you're forgetting the Wii U has a % of the market as well. lol!!

#34 Edited by blackace (20272 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Are you stupid or braindead or something? Seriously!! The PS4 launched before XBox One and has been out longer. By that fact along they should have sold more consoles then XB1 in NA. There is no domination at this point as both systems were just released. Come back 6-12 months from now after the dust has cleared and then you can make some biased claims. The reason the XBox 360 doesn't matter to you is because it destroyed the PS3 in N.A. lol!! It completely dominated the PS3 for almost 3 years straight. Obviously you don't want to hear that. lol!! Bias troll!!

#35 Posted by farrell2k (5807 posts) -

@blackace said:

@danjammer69 said:

@farrell2k said:

Are you stupid or braindead or something? Seriously!! The PS4 launched before XBox One and has been out longer. By that fact along they should have sold more consoles then XB1 in NA. There is no domination at this point as both systems were just released. Come back 6-12 months from now after the dust has cleared and then you can make some biased claims. The reason the XBox 360 doesn't matter to you is because it destroyed the PS3 in N.A. lol!! It completely dominated the PS3 for almost 3 years straight. Obviously you don't want to hear that. lol!! Bias troll!!

The denial is strong with danjammer69. On a side note, is it wrong for me to get a stiffy every time I see that avatar of yours, blackace?

#36 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/102544/Source%3A+Xbox+One+hitting+delayed+regions+Q3+2014/

Sales must really not be going in Microsoft's favor.

My guess is that SONY has 70% of the marketshare in NA and Microsoft is panicking.

Microsoft's mistake is that supply doesn't generate demand. All they're going to get is a shitton of unsold units.

They're probably losing NA and they're pumping all their stock into the region to saturate it. That's why there's so many XB1s left on shelves at the minute. it's gonna look bad for the division if their sales aren't up to scratch, the shareholders will definitely be looking in to analyse such a wide marketshare loss.

#37 Posted by Ghost120x (3738 posts) -

They probably delayed EU launch to allocate more boxes for the US because the Xbox one is doing really well here, despite what the average cow thinks. The Xbox sells very well in the US so they are making sure that everyone who wants one, gets one or else they could move to Sony.

#38 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -
#39 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10330 posts) -

no way

#40 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Sony just need parity in the US and they will dominate this generation. Xflop won't be a huge failure, but it is another year on generation Microsoft fails to win.