Microsoft: Everybody Knows PS3 isnt as Good of an Entertainment Console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Krelian-co (12083 posts) -

Yusuf Mehdi, senior vice president of Microsofts Interactive Entertainment Business, held a presentation at the D:Dive Into Media conference, where he boasted that the PlayStation 3 isnt as good of an entertainment console, something he thinks everybody knows. Lovely. As part of his talk on how the 360 has transitioned from a gaming console to an entertainment console (because thats what every gamer wants) he revealed that 18 billion hours of entertainment have been consumed on Xbox, much of which is from Netflix. Netflix, meanwhile, have said that the PS3 is their most used platform"

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/14/microsoft-everybody-knows-ps3-isnt-as-good-of-an-entertainment-console-as-xbox-360/

PSP107

You_just_got_pwned.jpg

#52 Posted by Krelian-co (12083 posts) -

thanks microsoft for making an entertainment console and ignoring the gaming side of it, that what people want from a console obviously, oh wait.

Sony pumps new ips and many exclusives but we have NEXTFIX AND FACEBOOK! Microsoft logic at its best

#53 Posted by finalstar2007 (25434 posts) -

Of course its not as good because PS3 is Better

no games, no free online, halo every single year, no blu-ray and so on.. its far better than any other console released this generation.

microsoft is a sore loser

#54 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5291 posts) -
360 is not even better for entertainment. on ps3 we get free netflix, free facebook, blu ray player. what does 360 get that we dont besides having to pay for online features? lems are so damn stupid. u already pay for internet through your service provider and then u pay m$ again. what abuncha dumbasses.
#55 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

thanks microsoft for making an entertainment console and ignoring the gaming side of it, that what people want from a console obviously, oh wait.

Sony pumps new ips and many exclusives but we have NEXTFIX AND FACEBOOK! Microsoft logic at its best

Krelian-co
it's bad enough that you have to pay for XBL to use netflix, but I just couldn't stand using it on the xbox after they decided for some INCREDIBLY STUPID reason to remove the party feature for it that let me watch stuff with friends in an update that also made the UI total crap,
#56 Posted by hardmicro (622 posts) -

Of course its not as good because PS3 is Better

no games, no free online, halo every single year, no blu-ray and so on.. its far better than any other console released this generation.

microsoft is a sore loser

finalstar2007
This this and this!
#57 Posted by coasterguy65 (6116 posts) -

So many Alts...so many fakeboys....Gamespot really needs to require a credit card to open an account or at least tie your account to your IP address. :roll:

#58 Posted by hardmicro (622 posts) -

So many Alts...so many fakeboys....Gamespot really needs to require a credit card to open an account or at least tie your account to your IP address. :roll:

coasterguy65
Yeah, I bet you are one of those lemming alts! Funny how everyone speaking the truth simply in your head equals, "oh my god, they dont blindly worship M$ the way I do, so that means they all must be alt accounts" I bet you get told that you are delusional often? Am I correct?
#59 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25829 posts) -
Have MS execs been huffing the glue today?
#60 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Lol M$ is getting desperate with all the hype the PS4 is getting. So should lems.... get desperate rodents!!
#61 Posted by ronvalencia (15257 posts) -
[QUOTE="PSP107"]

Yusuf Mehdi, senior vice president of Microsofts Interactive Entertainment Business, held a presentation at the D:Dive Into Media conference, where he boasted that the PlayStation 3 isnt as good of an entertainment console, something he thinks everybody knows. Lovely. As part of his talk on how the 360 has transitioned from a gaming console to an entertainment console (because thats what every gamer wants) he revealed that 18 billion hours of entertainment have been consumed on Xbox, much of which is from Netflix. Netflix, meanwhile, have said that the PS3 is their most used platform"

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/14/microsoft-everybody-knows-ps3-isnt-as-good-of-an-entertainment-console-as-xbox-360/

Atleast PS3 can still play blu-ray 1080p videos.
#62 Posted by faizan_faizan (7867 posts) -
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="PSP107"]

360 Can play 1080p Videos too, But not BR.
#64 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73497 posts) -

As part of his talk on how the 360 has transitioned from a gaming console to an entertainment console (because thats what every gamer wants) he revealed that 18 billion hours of entertainment have been consumed on Xbox, much of which is from Netflix. Netflix, meanwhile, have said that the PS3 is their most used platform"

PSP107
lol, he kind of made himself look stupid with that
#65 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
I agree. The PS3 is a (GAMING) console.
#66 Posted by brofists (2185 posts) -
Is any one else fed up with the direction M$ has been taking? Well anyway, The fact is Microsoft has finished dead LAST two gens in a row Yet they continue to sit in their ivory towers Isnt that annoying? The only reason why Microsoft was even able to get close, is because Sony wasnt at their best, but now Sony is at their best and will be at their best for the PS4, and through out all the PS4's life cycle etc. Here's what i want to see happen... I want to see Sony really go up against Microsoft and annihilate Microsoft with their own tactics. And they will. Be afraid...be very very afraid Microsoft! I know you are afraid too Microsoft, considering how much you have been damage controlling lately lmao
#67 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Clock-w0rk

3104902259_1_3_iUJ1LSJd.gif

#68 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

There is no defending Xbox anymore. Microsoft flat out admits it's not a gaming console anymore. Halo is not worth the price of admission anymore with 343i and Microsoft running it into the ground. Gears has gone kinect. Forza is easily swapped for Gran Turismo. 

Time to accept defeat Xbox fans. Microsoft has.

720OwnsPS4
they never did lol. back in 05-06 they wanted it be the place where everyone goes to for entertainment. Thats why they was the first ones to update their system with APPS
#69 Posted by StormyJoe (5868 posts) -

Cows are jelly today.

#70 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
That's funny coming from ms which can't even get hardware right
#71 Posted by brofists (2185 posts) -

Cows are jelly today.

StormyJoe
What possible reason would they have to be jealous lol The 360 has no games, basic online play is a 60 $ a year extortion fee, apps are hidden behind that 60 $ a year xbox live paywall fee etc Mean while, PS3 gamers are getting the very best in gaming, free online, and blue ray etc They arent the ones getting Gears/Halo/Forza + kinect shoved down their throats! You lems are the ones who are jealous and its showing! M$ are the ones on full on damage control mode too, so you know Sony is doing something right M$ is the one making ridiculous comments while sounding delusional Unfortunately there are a couple of xbots like you who still defend them, But thankfully there are many more people aware to the b.s of M$, and M$ is getting called out on it all, which is awesome! Bottom line, you lems are in full blown damage control mode just like M$ is lol Microsoft, along with their delusional fans have become the running joke of this industry
#72 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Pay $60 a year to enjoy MS better entertainment system, lems.
#73 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

:lol: 

Their ignorance is so cute :lol: 

The 360 is a JOKE of an entertainment console. 

Oh hey guise let's watch a dvd on mah 3sh1tty guise. :lol: 

#74 Posted by brofists (2185 posts) -

:lol: 

Their ignorance is so cute :lol: 

The 360 is a JOKE of an entertainment console. 

Oh hey guise let's watch a dvd on mah 3sh1tty guise. :lol: 

Eddie-Vedder
Its a joke of a gaming console too It has no games Lmao
#75 Posted by themajormayor (25949 posts) -
[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

Yup, PS3 is a gaming console.

360 is for people who want to pay to play no games.

CanYouDiglt
But yet the 360 has more games and a better library according to critic scores. Also the games they share almost always run better on the 360.

Proof?
#76 Posted by Martin_G_N (1734 posts) -
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="PSP107"]

360 Can play 1080p Videos too, But not BR.

Nothing beats BluRay in both audio and video quality, the resolution is just one part of what makes the picture quality great, and the streaming services are just ok at best. Netflix is great for TV series and low budget movies. The PS3 has been a great entertainment system, and also a very good media server.
#77 Posted by PowerB4 (14 posts) -
One of the reasons the 360 was good early on was because you weren't paying extra for a blue ray player. If MS makes their next console more expensive because of kinect built-in or other non-gaming entertainment they will make the same mistake Sony did. Early adopters of new consoles usually are core gamers who only care about games and price.
#78 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

My only retort to that is anecdotal.

We had a game night at my place, had over another couple over. After some drinks we wanna listen to music. My friend who was playing stuff from his phone says to his wife, "Dang wish I could play this song louder for them." I told him to just to download it from his phone to my PS3. He said it couldn't do that. I kindly take his phone hook up to the Wifi, find it on my PS3. DL's his catalogue of recent downloads. Disconnected. Then proceeded to play his song he made.

His wife said, "We need to get a Playstation." They have a 360, but his wife told me they could only stream media not DL.

#79 Posted by KungfuKitten (21280 posts) -

human function
everybody_knows(topic){if(sticks == fiddle) then print sticks;}

#80 Posted by coasterguy65 (6116 posts) -

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

hardmicro

Yeah, I bet you are one of those lemming alts! Funny how everyone speaking the truth simply in your head equals, "oh my god, they dont blindly worship M$ the way I do, so that means they all must be alt accounts" I bet you get told that you are delusional often? Am I correct?

Watch brofists  |  Add brofists to Ignore List  |  Report Offensive MessageFrom:  brofists Sent:  Feb 15, 2013 8:39 am ET Subject: my responsecoasterguy65 wrote:

So many Alts...so many fakeboys....Gamespot really needs to require a credit card to open an account or at least tie your account to your IP address. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I bet you are one of those lemming alts!

Funny how everyone speaking the truth simply in your head equals, "oh my god, they dont blindly worship M$ the way I do, so that means they all must be alt accounts"

I bet you get told that you are delusional often? Am I correct?

So wait.....when you PM me this message it's from Brofists, but here it's hardmicro. Word for word it's the exact same message. My point is proven. At least keep your Alts straight kid...sad really

#81 Posted by sts106mat (20160 posts) -

[QUOTE="hardmicro"][QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

coasterguy65

Watch brofists  |  Add brofists to Ignore List  |  Report Offensive MessageFrom:  brofists Sent:  Feb 15, 2013 8:39 am ET Subject: my responsecoasterguy65 wrote:

So many Alts...so many fakeboys....Gamespot really needs to require a credit card to open an account or at least tie your account to your IP address. rolleyes.gif

Funny how everyone speaking the truth simply in your head equals, "oh my god, they dont blindly worship M$ the way I do, so that means they all must be alt accounts"

So wait.....when you PM me this message it's from Brofists, but here it's hardmicro. Word for word it's the exact same message. My point is proven. At least keep your Alts straight kid...sad really

ah ha ha ha ha what a fookin clown, clueless completely clueless, we all new it anyway but to see it confirmed is so much great. all those times he has quoted himself, what a sad, warped deluded little cretin.
#82 Posted by coasterguy65 (6116 posts) -

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="hardmicro"] Yeah, I bet you are one of those lemming alts! Funny how everyone speaking the truth simply in your head equals, "oh my god, they dont blindly worship M$ the way I do, so that means they all must be alt accounts" I bet you get told that you are delusional often? Am I correct?sts106mat

ah ha ha ha ha what a fookin clown, clueless completely clueless, we all new it anyway but to see it confirmed is so much great. all those times he has quoted himself, what a sad, warped deluded little cretin.

The sad part is he PMs me like I was picking on him personally or something..

#83 Posted by RR360DD (12298 posts) -
Who gives a shlt about netflix? Cows act like ONE service saying its most used on the PS3 = every service lol. Netflix is nothing in the UK for example. Does the PS3 even have Sky Go? LOL
#84 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -
MS is leader with ads and putting apps behind gold. They know their stuff.
#85 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -
Who gives a shlt about netflix? Cows act like ONE service saying its most used on the PS3 = every service lol. Netflix is nothing in the UK for example. Does the PS3 even have Sky Go? LOLRR360DD
It doesn't even have HBO Go. Cows are a joke.
#86 Posted by thedork_knight (889 posts) -
Who gives a shlt about netflix? Cows act like ONE service saying its most used on the PS3 = every service lol. Netflix is nothing in the UK for example. Does the PS3 even have Sky Go? LOLRR360DD
UK netflix is rubbish, ive got the american version on my ps3 in the UK, its a lot better but i dont netflix is that good anyway
#87 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I have all the shows I like tv is not a concern for me. I care about games which ms lacks in.
#88 Posted by lundy86_4 (43866 posts) -

Unnecessary, but I don't overly disagree. Live and the 360 have come leaps and bounds in terms of offering a multitude of entertainment from their one box (more than gaming). However, Sony aren't too far behind in that regard, though I find their GUI to be more difficult with regards to the integration of these services.

#89 Posted by -Wicked_Sick- (1171 posts) -
Man I have both an Xbox, and an Xbox 360 but Microsoft is embarrassing.
#90 Posted by dxmcat (1200 posts) -

In terms of entertainment, PS3 def wins.

Bluray for one thing (sorry if you dont have a larger 1080p tv to appreciate it), as well as seamless oepration with network streaming via PC (though best results are yielded through a 3rd party prog). You can swap the hard-drive to any size you want, 1Gbps ethernet (helps with 1080p movie streaming), and a super easy interface to get to your movies/etc without being assaulted with 9000 ads.

Better entertainment device? Definitely PS3. Better gaming device? definitely PC.

#91 Posted by Puckhog04 (22679 posts) -

It's sad that someone from their company stooped so low. He sounds like a user from this forum with how stupid his statement is. That being said, both Console are great. Only fanboyistic (don't know if that's a word...) and moronic children can't enjoy both.

#92 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -
Look like MS got pissed of those Sony's AdSence ads XD
#93 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

of course MS thinks that , in their eyes a good console is the one which is holding multiplayer in games hostage unless you pay them

#94 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

of course MS thinks that , in their eyes a good console is the one which is holding multiplayer in games hostage unless you pay them

AmnesiaHaze
Oh so they meant entertaining for THEM. That explains it, I agree it's probably entertaining to rip lems off.
#95 Posted by Vatusus (4871 posts) -

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

CanYouDiglt

But yet the 360 has more games and a better library according to critic scores. Also the games they share almost always run better on the 360.

On meta the PS3 has more AAA exclusives than the 360 so what are you on about?

#96 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

kuraimen
Oh so they meant entertaining for THEM. That explains it, I agree it's probably entertaining to rip lems off.

yeah , i can imagine it being entertaining for MS by looking at the Millions of income for something that should be and is free elsewhere , if they would at least offer dedicated servers for all xbox games in return i wouldnt say a word
#97 Posted by RR360DD (12298 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

Vatusus

He's on about the fact that the 360 has the better overall library according to meta. You know people don't just play exclusives.

#98 Posted by lundy86_4 (43866 posts) -

Vatusus

AAAE's does not a library, make.

#99 Posted by telefanatic (2883 posts) -

I used to like 360, now Microsoft ruined the system completelly, there are no worth while games on it anymore, PS3 and my PC is the way to go! Now PS4 will be on reserve day 1!

#100 Posted by j_assassin (918 posts) -
I can stream movies and music from my laptop to my ps3,