Microsoft Azure is not looking good

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Devakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Devakie
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Before I start this thread, I want to say that I know that there is a Titanfall sticky, but this thread isn't really about Titanfall, it's about Microsoft Azure.

Ok, I received the Titanfall beta key 8 days ago for Origin, and I still haven't been able to play 1 single multiplayer game on my PC, and I have tried dozen of times.

At first I thought it was just me, but I went to look on the internet for solutions and it seems that tons of people are experiencing the same problem (not an exaggeration) as me (both PC and X1).

What happens is that I have to wait ages before I get into the game (like 6 minutes or something), and when I finally get in, I get an error that kicks me right out of the game.

Is this a sign of things to come? Are Microsoft's servers going to suck?

I have a gut feeling that these problems will continue to happen when the game is actually released.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

sucks to be you. other than friday afternoon i haven't had any issues joining games.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

Played loads of Titanfall today and last night, not had one problem. Infact I'm well impressed at how smooth the game has run considering its a Beta.

They have even opened it up to all instead of just keys they so confident it will be ok.

They had a bit of downtime but that is what happens with beta.

lame troll tread.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Besides for when the servers were actually down due to the influx of players I've had no problems. If anything I'm surprised how good they're be managed given what sounds like the massive numbers of people playing this game. Maybe you should check your internet, and also post a source about people experiencing those issues.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

Azure is the most stable server period. sucks to be TC

Devakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devakie

Which is funny to me, because why would they make this an open beta if the closed beta doesn't even work properly?

Loads of people are still experiencing problems, including me.

Also sorry but this is not a lame troll thread since I'm speaking the truth, and if you want proof I can easily provide it.

Also it's not my internet, all my multiplayer games are working fine and I have a perfect connection.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

And this NEVER happens with anything Sony related......

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

Chances are that this is an issue with Titanfall (it is a beta) and not azure. This is exactly why they have beta's. The Titanfall developers have probably figured out some issues in their server side software so that it didn't scale well and will fix it before it is launched.

Seeing as Azure powers tons and tons of websites without issues (including all of the NBC live streams of the Olympics which put way more load than titanfall beta could ever put on servers) without issue. Microsoft runs servers that hundreds of millions of people use on a daily basis for email, search, games, news, videos, software downloads, etc. They know what it takes to run servers just fine.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Played a few games last night and it was amazingly smooth, especially considering there are no Australasian severs (I live in NZ). Pretty impressed.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

Your name sounds strangely familiar....

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Been playing the game solidly the past couple days with hardly any issues. So sucks to be you.

Devakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Devakie

@RR360DD said:

Been playing the game solidly the past couple days with hardly any issues. So sucks to be you.

It's not just "me" though. Just a small example: http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1xx9wk/lost_connection_to_server_anyone_else_having_this/

I wish it was just me, so I could fix the problem myself.

Also, no need to say "sucks to be you" because i'm not really bothered. I'm not hyped for Titanfall, I only wanted to give the game a try.

I'm not having much faith in Azure if the problem is supposed to be "fixed" by now.

P.S. it seems that my posting limit has been reached.

But to answer the guy below me, there isn't any thread backfire here sorry. How can there be a thread backfire when I speak the truth? You might think that there was a thread backfire here because some people are being defensive about their precious Titanfall/Microsoft.

Then again you probably just wanted to sabotage the thread because you can't handle the truth. In that case, too bad.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Back fire thread.............TC did you survive after that grenade blew up in your hand?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Remember, MS only lies. Its all talk and nothing else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Might depend on where you live. There are regions that Azure doesn't have data centres in yet/are being built.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Also i'm not sure why Azure gets the hype it does, most of the benefits are on the developer end. The only real benefit over normal dedicated servers would be that it could hold up to launch periods a bit better (though we'll have to wait and see about that) and that more games might have dedicated servers (though again i'm sceptical, only Forza seems to be using them at the moment and other big exclusives like DR3 and KI passed on them).

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

The issues at first were with the Azure servers. Friday night the login servers were completely down because of it. There has been no issues since that (that I was aware of).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#20 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@mems_1224: I can't say myself, I stopped by a friends and he was having no problem on PC, other than claiming it was casual crap, all the while getting killed a lot. Makes me laugh when gamers blame the game for being noobified because they are getting killed. Maybe gamers like this are dying a lot because THEY THEMSELVES are new at the game? Nah, it has to be the devs, the games, the current state of casualization, and President Obama's fault.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Origin doesn't use Azure.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Azure is still a over hyped piece of shit though. A lot of the world (for example Australia) can't even use it yet as it isn't finished deployed yet meaning you have to use a server not local meaning shit ping.

If I was forced to pay for crap like that and I didn't get at least a 20ms ping i would be well pissed off with it.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@edwardecl said:

Azure is still a over hyped piece of shit though. A lot of the world (for example Australia) can't even use it yet as it isn't finished deployed yet meaning you have to use a server not local meaning shit ping.

If I was forced to pay for crap like that and I didn't get at least a 20ms ping i would be well pissed off with it.

a guy in this thread from australia said he's having a very smooth experience with Azure. so ur basically full of shit.

@sailor232 said:

Played a few games last night and it was amazingly smooth, especially considering there are no Australasian severs (I live in NZ). Pretty impressed.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@devakie said:

Before I start this thread, I want to say that I know that there is a Titanfall sticky, but this thread isn't really about Titanfall, it's about Microsoft Azure.

Ok, I received the Titanfall beta key 8 days ago for Origin, and I still haven't been able to play 1 single multiplayer game on my PC, and I have tried dozen of times.

At first I thought it was just me, but I went to look on the internet for solutions and it seems that tons of people are experiencing the same problem (not an exaggeration) as me (both PC and X1).

What happens is that I have to wait ages before I get into the game (like 6 minutes or something), and when I finally get in, I get an error that kicks me right out of the game.

Is this a sign of things to come? Are Microsoft's servers going to suck?

I have a gut feeling that these problems will continue to happen when the game is actually released.

You received a beta key 8 days ago?? Not going to call you a liar, but the keys only started getting released on February 14th.

As for the servers, yes they had problems the first day. I have not had any issues since.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I got a key and downloaded the game last night. Have yet to run into any server issues (i think it had to reconnect once) in my hours of play

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@devakie said:

@RR360DD said:

It's not just "me" though. Just a small example: http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1xx9wk/lost_connection_to_server_anyone_else_having_this/

I wish it was just me, so I could fix the problem myself.

Also, no need to say "sucks to be you" because i'm not really bothered. I'm not hyped for Titanfall, I only wanted to give the game a try.

I'm not having much faith in Azure if the problem is supposed to be "fixed" by now.

P.S. it seems that my posting limit has been reached.

But to answer the guy below me, there isn't any thread backfire here sorry. How can there be a thread backfire when I speak the truth? You might think that there was a thread backfire here because some people are being defensive about their precious Titanfall/Microsoft.

Then again you probably just wanted to sabotage the thread because you can't handle the truth. In that case, too bad.

Thread backfire because it sounds like you're full of shit

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

On the enterprise side, Azure guarantees 99.9% uptime on most of their services. Meaning that MSFT promises that the servers and services will be down less than 9 hours a year. Not sure what they promised Respawn and whether the downtime on Friday counts toward SLA as it was a beta test. But I don't think that any online gaming service can promise as good uptime and availability as Azure.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

What a stupid thread.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

davekeeh is back. Loser can't live without this place.