microsoft also lies.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFf7AtAOagw

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/rbach/05-16-05E3.mspx

Today, we're poised to make the leap again, this time from 3D to the HD era. Now, of course the HD era is about high-definition graphics and unbelievable sound but the implications of the HD era are even more profound than that. It's about the ability to connect with your communities and to personalize your experience, it's about unleashing the creative power of human energy.

If we work together to create games and experiences that really deliver on the promise of the HD era, as an industry we'll take games places they've never been before.

In the HD era, we are going to reach 1 billion people with our medium. (Cheers, applause.) J ALLARD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mzfuZ-nKQRY

this is just a little bit of what the 360 has done. sense ps3 launched how many problems have people had with it? i dont ever remember sony promising anything they did say some things that was stupid but my point is that all companys lie. ps3 is my fave system but sony nor micro are perfect.

take a look at vista lol i had it i really did and i never want that again i keep xp. xp best os in the world vista just sux and their both micro products so no one can really bash me about my vista comment. vista was supposed to be so great but you have to click on everything nothing expands.

half the software i have like nero and all kinds of other stuff wont run with vista. vista sux. just like the 360 sux.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    How is saying that they are ushering in the gaming HD era a lie? They were the first console to support HD, and the 360 makes HD support manditory.
    Your beef with Microsoft (By the way, Vista compatability is the software makers problem, not Microsoft's) has nothing to do with their so called lie, but your general disdane for the company as a whole.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SpruceCaboose
yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?deadmeat59

That is called a delay, and they happen to many companies and many products.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
Corporations lie? :o This is a thing unheard of! :shock:
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?SpruceCaboose

this is called damage controll
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="dcm06"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFf7AtAOagw

Today, we're poised to make the leap again, this time from 3D to the HD era. Now, of course the HD era is about high-definition graphics and unbelievable sound but the implications of the HD era are even more profound than that. It's about the ability to connect with your communities and to personalize your experience, it's about unleashing the creative power of human energy.

If we work together to create games and experiences that really deliver on the promise of the HD era, as an industry we'll take games places they've never been before.

In the HD era, we are going to reach 1 billion people with our medium. (Cheers, applause.) J ALLARD

this is just a little bit of what the 360 has done. sense ps3 launched how many problems have people had with it? i dont ever remember sony promising anything they did say some things that was stupid but my point is that all companys lie. ps3 is my fave system but sony nor micro are perfect.

take a look at vista lol i had it i really did and i never want that again i keep xp. xp best os in the world vista just sux and their both micro products so no one can really bash me about my vista comment. vista was supposed to be so great but you have to click on everything nothing expands.

half the software i have like nero and all kinds of other stuff wont run with vista. vista sux. just like the 360 sux.

So Vista won't run pirated software? I've heard rumors, but this is the 1st time I've heard it from an actual person. And yeah, that Velocity Girl hype about custom content never really panned out. Oh well... I didn't want to buy custom Tony Hawk skateboards anyhow... I like making my own content, but you're right, J Allard's promise of cutom user created content on the Marketplace never came true. Not that anyone cared.
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
I honestly dont care... I mean maybe they do, but its not troubeling me, atleast they dont make tons of CGI trailers to fool me in buying a console wich I will expect way enough for.

Also the console has good games, good online (for a litle price), good graphics... hell greath graphics, it has a good controller, it has some multimedia function, arcade, alot of games in differend genres, good developer support, it has anything I want.... its not disturbing me at any moment that they lied about certain things, its not that big of lie.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
I wonder how many times the STALKER devs have fibbed about its release date. :o
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?deadmeat59

this is called damage controll

How so? I don't care when Halo 3 comes out. I can wait for a game. You should know. You are familiar with waiting, having that PS3 and all...
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="dcm06"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFf7AtAOagw

So Vista won't run pirated software? I've heard rumors, but this is the 1st time I've heard it from an actual person. And yeah, that Velocity Girl hype about custom content never really panned out. Oh well... I didn't want to buy custom Tony Hawk skateboards anyhow... I like making my own content, but you're right, J Allard's promise of cutom user created content on the Marketplace never came true. Not that anyone cared.

The custom content was scrapped because MS could not iron out the legalities of it, such as who would control the IP, taxes, and other things.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Well, sometimes Bill Gates does tell the truth. Like the time he said that Viva Pinata was for little girls. How much more truth do you guys want?
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts
guess what Nintendo lies too :shock: Everybody lies!
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Well, sometimes Bill Gates does tell the truth. Like the time he said that Viva Pinata was for little girls. How much more truth do you guys want?Zhengi
Have you ever played it, or are you just pulling that assessment out of your hidey-hole?
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
[QUOTE="Zhengi"]Well, sometimes Bill Gates does tell the truth. Like the time he said that Viva Pinata was for little girls. How much more truth do you guys want?donalbane
Have you ever played it, or are you just pulling that assessment out of your hidey-hole?

I'm just posting what Bill Gates said. If you have an issue, take it up with him.
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
pirated software i dont have pirated software not like nero and some of the other things. it just wont install anything from the disk like i would have a disk in and it would have this error thing and say something like registry or something i forgot. but yeah it all messed up. hey people i was just letting you know all companies lie including micro i was just meaning sony arent the only ones that lie.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?SpruceCaboose

Yea but when Sony had supply problems like all consoles due during their launch and have to change their projected shippment goals just like the Xbox 360 did, MS fans called Sony a liar.
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFf7AtAOagw

dcm06
Ok, now, go and have a look at the amount of lies Sony has made. Microsoft shows in game footage and graphical renders that are reasonable. Most games surpass that graphical render (Crackdown anyone?), and impress everyone. However, take Killzone 2, and Motorstorm. Motorstorm never lived up to its promises (despite Sony reps stating it looks better than the trailer) and Killzone 2 is going to do the same.

NINTENDO ALSO LIED BIGTIME! To begin with, (I found the official blog somewhere, can't find it now), some guy from Nintendo was saying how the graphics on the Wii would totally surpass anything that had come before it. Well...

Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?Javy03

Yea but when Sony had supply problems like all consoles due during their launch and have to change their projected shippment goals just like the Xbox 360 did, MS fans called Sony a liar.

The fact is though, Bill Gates didn't use the word promise, Sony did.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?Javy03

See, that happened because Sony said they would have 400,000 units at the US launch, and then it turns out they really had about 200,000. In that instance, Sony forgot to tell people about the shortages.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?Matmoo_Wii60

The fact is though, Bill Gates didn't use the word promise, Sony did.

Show me the quote where they said they promise this amount and that it was a certainty and not a GOAL which people seem to forget.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"]yeah ms lies like the time bill gates said that halo 3 would come out when ps3 does! i have a ps3 so wheres halo 3 ms?SpruceCaboose

See, that happened because Sony said they would have 400,000 units at the US launch, and then it turns out they really had about 200,000. In that instance, Sony forgot to tell people about the shortages.

No Sony announced the shortage in a Press release well before the actual launch. The 360 allowed tons of preorders to be made on their items and then gave only a fraction of what they promised leading to people having to wait till march to get a preorder they made during the summer before.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpruceCaboose
Show me the quote where they said they promise this amount and that it was a certainty and not a GOAL which people seem to forget.Javy03

Dave Karraker, SCEA's newly appointed head of corporate communications, told GameSpot that the wire-service figures were correct. "400,000 is just the day-of-launch figure," said the executive. "1 to 1.2 million units will be available in North America by December 31." This afternoon, Karraker confirmed the reduced international numbers to The Rocky Mountain News. "Worldwide, there will be between 2 to 2.4 million units available in North America and Japan by the end of the year," he said.

Karraker also claimed that, while reduced, the US PS3 launch numbers bested those of another next-generation console. "By the end of the year, we will have...more than double what Microsoft sold through of Xbox 360 in 2005." He reiterated this sentiment to MTV News. "The supply we have at launch is comparable to what was available for the PlayStation 2, not Xbox 360," said Karraker. "The total allocation for units in North America...is just less than what we had for PS2 and more than Microsoft had for Xbox 360."

I dont see "goal" in there.
topcatyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 topcatyo
Member since 2006 • 1732 Posts

[QUOTE="Javy03"]Show me the quote where they said they promise this amount and that it was a certainty and not a GOAL which people seem to forget.SpruceCaboose

Dave Karraker, SCEA's newly appointed head of corporate communications, told GameSpot that the wire-service figures were correct. "400,000 is just the day-of-launch figure," said the executive. "1 to 1.2 million units will be available in North America by December 31." This afternoon, Karraker confirmed the reduced international numbers to The Rocky Mountain News. "Worldwide, there will be between 2 to 2.4 million units available in North America and Japan by the end of the year," he said.

Karraker also claimed that, while reduced, the US PS3 launch numbers bested those of another next-generation console. "By the end of the year, we will have...more than double what Microsoft sold through of Xbox 360 in 2005." He reiterated this sentiment to MTV News. "The supply we have at launch is comparable to what was available for the PlayStation 2, not Xbox 360," said Karraker. "The total allocation for units in North America...is just less than what we had for PS2 and more than Microsoft had for Xbox 360."

I dont see "goal" in there.

I also don't see promise.

As for Halo 3, Bill Gates never used the word "goal" either.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpruceCaboose
No Sony announced the shortage in a Press release well before the actual launch. The 360 allowed tons of preorders to be made on their items and then gave only a fraction of what they promised leading to people having to wait till march to get a preorder they made during the summer before.Javy03

Well before? As of November 1, 16 days before launch, they still said the PS3 would launch in the US with 400,000 units. I cannot find anywhere where a Sony head said anything less than 400,000 pre-launch. Analysts, yes. Sony, no.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

The lemmings will never acknowledge anything MS does wrong any more than loyal Sony fanboys can admit Sony has messed up.  HOwever, I will mainly side with Sony as most of the time the cry of "lies!" is little more than distortions and rumour passed off as fact...yet MS acts identical, makes many verifiably false claims and yet there are practically zero posts about it.

Getting lemmings to admit MS "misinformation" is like getting Republicans to admit Bush "misinformation."  Even if you manage to get them to see absolute, verifiable proof that MS lied about something, they will just say, "So...all companies do it and you are just a fanboy for not realizing it."

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpruceCaboose
    I will do both. All companies and politicians lie. However, Sony is the worst of the 3 in terms of purposely mis-informing people.
    Motorstorm will run at 60 FPS in 1080p. The Xbox 360 needs the HD-DVD to play games (they said that). The PS3 is more powerful that a supercomputer. Blu-Ray is necessary for this generation (that is highly arguable at best). Those are just a few. To claim that they are all innocent slips is astounding.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
Everybody lies.Dr. Gregory House
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points