Microsoft addresses install times because it's ass on XB1.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Consolites no longer have the plug and play "PRO" anymore.

it takes longer to install an XBoner game than to install, tweak, patch and even mod your average PC games Times 3.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@silversix_ said:

40 minutes to install games? WOW. WOW. WOW. Wasn't the system supposed to be better at everything but graphics when compared to ps4? Because its not better at anything else but being almost twice as big and heavier than a ps4.

Yup, and lemtrash like RR360DD sticks with the inferior Xbone despite the clearly superior PS4.

because there are no installs on the ps4 right?

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

it takes longer to install an XBoner game than to install, tweak, patch and even mod your average PC games Times 3.

Word.

This is absolutely LOL worthy. It's even more deserving of a TLHBO than when MS upped the price of XBL by 10$ a year or when the first massive amount of RRODs started kicking in.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@silversix_ said:

40 minutes to install games? WOW. WOW. WOW. Wasn't the system supposed to be better at everything but graphics when compared to ps4? Because its not better at anything else but being almost twice as big and heavier than a ps4.

Yup, and lemtrash like RR360DD sticks with the inferior Xbone despite the clearly superior PS4.

Right. There are no 40minute installs on ps4.

Dumbass.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Long install times have never bothered me before; I mean after the PS3's taking 15-20 mins to install I kinda got used to it.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

While obviously shorter is better, install times are really near the bottom of my list in terms of crap I care about.

And to be honest I generally prefer a full install rather than booting the game and being locked out of certain features.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts
@BeardMaster said:

While obviously shorter is better, install times are really near the bottom of my list in terms of crap I care about.

And to be honest I generally prefer a full install rather than booting the game and being locked out of certain features.

Agreed.

I wish we had the option for a full install.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@silversix_ said:

There's a giant difference between 30 second installations and 1-hour installations, ESPECIALLY if the console that does the 30-second installs have far better graphics and framerates.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@Boddicker said:

Long install times have never bothered me before; I mean after the PS3's taking 15-20 mins to install I kinda got used to it.

No. PS3 made you get used to 15 minute installs, not 60-90 minute installs.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

No one mentions this in a XB1 review? what the actual ****...it couldn't be that bad...8 GB of ram and a decent CPU...

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@Suppaman100 said:

What did you expect? The Xbone is weak.

No. Your trolling is weak

The PS4 hasn't been a picnic either. Battlefield and NBA2K are broken on PS4. PS4 analog sticks falling apart, PS4's freezing and having to reboot their systems. Not to mention the PS4's Blu-ray plyer is complete ass.

Both systems need work. And the PS4 needs games.

Battlefield and 2k is broken on all system, there's only been a few issues with analog sticks falling apart, and I haven't really had freezing issues. Plus every system locks up every once in a blue moon.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

While installs can be frustrating when one just wants to play their new game ; it's still only a one time event so it's not really such a big deal. Great if they can fix it, but not a deal breaker if they can't

Exactly how I feel about this. Any improvements to the system will be welcomed though.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@Locutus_Picard said:

No one mentions this in a XB1 review? what the actual ****...it couldn't be that bad...8 GB of ram and a decent CPU...

The Xbone is a trainwreck when it comes to architecture.

The problem is that you and all the lemmings are viewing the Xbone's silicon individually and not how they interact with each other. The PS4 was customly designed by a genius. All of its components trump their counterparts on the Xbone, and each component was engineered to play well with other components. The Xbone doesn't have that. The Xbone uses mostly off-the-shelf parts and Microsoft's lousy engineers didn't think about how the parts interacted with each other. As a result, the Xbone is inefficient, since much of the processing power of its CPU and GPU needs to be dedicated towards tasks such as simultaneous read/write and RAM transfers which the PS4 does for free.

In real world performance, the Xbone is barely stronger than the 360. Think of the Wii and the GameCube.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

sad but true, good thing i got more things to do in my life than to wait around though.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

WHy takes so long? Cheap bluray drive of xbone?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

"Even worse than the PS3."

lol that gif threw me.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Don't think Microsoft can fix it, it would probably require the games to be rewritten to some extent, maybe on future games. But anyway, it's not their biggest problem at the moment. Fixing other problems in their firmware is probably top on the list.

What about the long boot up time, ability to brick the console by going into dev mode, OS getting more and more slow over time, 50hz frame drops on HDMI input, unfinished voice recognition (does not support many languages). Slow installs are not the worst problem it has.

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

Deal with it.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Much install time

many wait

such next gen

Wow!

It funny how last gen it was PS3 PSN that took long time in DL and Install speed, but this time around its Xbox XBL that is the slower one.

What Happen? How do you get worse when you already had it right for years?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

Not sure how they messed this up, and Sony did it right.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 Heil68  Online
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Hopefully it will improve, but I just switch to TV or another system while it's installing,so I dont really notice it that much.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Remember the good old days when you could just put in a disc and play it without worrying about installing and patching? You know, what made console gaming attractive?

Thanks console manufacturers for totally missing the point.

Yeah instead we got 30 minute load screens to boot the game instead.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

It's an issue that does need addressing. I mean, how can you **** it up more than the PS3? DL game…separate action.... Install game…separate action..DL update…Separate action…install update.

I mean WTF MS did you really think we liked doing that on the PS3?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Yeah it definitely needs fixing, I thought the faster drives in the new machines would mean that at most 30 seconds would be all you had to wait. The new drives have faster read/write speeds than the 360 drive, so it should be able to play the game directly off the disk. 500GB HDD + several GB updates + installs of every game = bullwinkle

The updates and installs (which at least wasn't for every game) used to annoy the hell out of me when I just wanted to sit down and play a game on PS3. At least PC game installs are fast (usually) and after install you never have to insert the disk again.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
@Jakandsigz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Remember the good old days when you could just put in a disc and play it without worrying about installing and patching? You know, what made console gaming attractive?

Thanks console manufacturers for totally missing the point.

Yeah instead we got 30 minute load screens to boot the game instead.

Unfortunately the games still have load screens, pretty much same as last gen. The only time consoles had no loading was the consoles that used cartridges.