Microsoft: 1.2 million Xbox Ones Sold Q1 14, 5.1 mil total

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@shawn30 said:

I think MS saw sales figures a few weeks ago, and combined with the new CEO getting his footing, made the decision to give control of Xbox to Phil Spencer. To date with sales of 4.2 million, E3 for them looms massive as they need a damn comparative price drop and to have the games and features that wow people. Between the overzealous Xbox is doomed crowd and those who feel everything is fine, the middle ground is likely MS is concerned, but far from panicking. No matter the way things change, certain things remain the same. Game consoles sell based on games, features, and price. The 360 had 10 million sales before one PS3 was on the market. It took Sony 7 years to catch up. How did they do it? Price drops, compelling software, pushing on. Things change worldlier all the time, but the 80+ million that bought the 360 and the 80+ million that bought the PS3, the vast majority have not upgraded yet as the PS4 is at 7+ million and the One is at 4+ million. After five months and before one price drop to claim that one side is a guaranteed victor is silly beyond words IMHO. So many things could happen, but first and foremost if Sony didn't panic with the PS3, and they never had the money of MS, I doubt MS panics either. They will be behind for the foreseeable future until they nail a effective price drop. At E3 they have one hell of a opportunity to start clawing their way back into it. There's no magic fix button/game, but they have to deliver on the games sand features and drop that damn price. That will help them a great deal going forward. But the doom and gloom Cows, its premature to think anything is over this far. Phil Spencer has his work cut out for him, no doubt, but I do think he's the right man for the job to turn things around.

I must say you have a lot of faith.

But I do commend you as your post is pretty reasonable if not extremely optimistic, but you are far left of other xbox fan posters in this thread doing nothing but damage control like Blackace talking bout MS overall company earnings as if that helps the xbox brand and xbox one in this situation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Wii-U doesn't have the big multiplayer titles, big name mainstream titles, multi-plat titles, or features to compare with Xbox One. Its not even remotely the same. OG Xbox came in on the tail-end of Godly PS2. It had no chance and MS saw that early on. The 3 million gap in four months isn't the 10 million gap the 360 enjoyed as the PS3 wasn't on the market yet. Gamers buy based on games, features, and price. A great deal of people end up owning both consoles. And saying MS can't match the PS4 price point without huge losses is silly if you are not selling then you make no money anyone.When you provide services like Xbox Live you can make up money long-term that's lost short-term as production costs fall and you offer more features. The start of the race is important, but how you end it matters more.

Moneywise, Zune was a failure. Surface 2 just made 500 million in profits, and is doing far, far better than Surface 1. Bing is doing well even as it trails behind. Everything at Sony except for insurance and Playstation has completely failed or been sold off. Not every product you make will work no matter how much money you have. But having money allows you to turn things around ala Surface. Xbox One has the support of the new CEO and a new overall boss who gets what it will take to turn this around. I make no predictions that the One will suddenly leap past PS4 or anything like that. But you continue making the case that a war is over 5 months in, with no historical understanding that not a damn thing is over in five months. A number of events and issues loom large and MS is in a fighting, focusing mode which works best for them. If they hit price parity or undercut PS4, and deliver the games and features they will be just fine and do very well. You act as if 30 million next gen consoles have been sold when its just over 11. There's a long fight ahead, and its a uphill one for MS, but far from being lost. I see a system war race in 3 years within 10 million sales of each other. But as always, time will tell.

The original wii didn't have it either..

The xbox one came 20 months after the PS2 dude never the less it was $299 and more powerful to.

exactly the PS3 wasn't on the Market,but once it arrives from the moment it arrives it started outselling the xbox 360 in Japan and mainland EU even at a higher price,the PS4 didn't have to wait for a price drop to outsell the xbox 360 in Japan or mainland EU it did so since the opening bell.

The xbox one doesn't have any territory to make for the gap it has,US now is buying more PS4 than xbox one,and outside US the beating is even worse,without something to make for the xbox one is loss.

MS is no match for Sony reducing cost of the unit and making new models,that comes from sony hardware experience as a company,Sony was making hardware before MS was even alive,how much it took MS to deliver a slim xbox 360.?

The PS3 took 3 years,the xbox 360 even that it arrived on 2005 took until 2010 to a slim model,so beating sony lowering cost is very hard for MS.

Maybe you forgot that sony also charges for PSN now,and that PSN+ sky rocket with the PS4 introduction,so sony can use that card to dude.

MS sold 4 million Surface on 2013 4 million you know how many Apple sold in 2013.? 70 million Ipads,is not even close the beating is so astronomical is not even fair...

For each Surface sold Apple sell 17 ipads..

OH and Apple wasn't the leader...

It was Android with 120 millions.... For every Surface sold Android sell 30 tablets.

Screen shot 2014-03-03 at 09.27.16

So you see it takes something more than money to win..

Exactly and that bold part landed exactly were i am,just because you have money doesn't mean you will win...Sony is beating MS quite easy and people say it will be bankrupt.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#154 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Not bad baring in mind Microsofts negative media reaction, really good actually.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#155 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@asylumni:

@asylumni said:

@TigerSuperman said:

This thread is amazing. Every single post is wrong. (other than my last one)

I'm confused. If every post is wrong, then this post is wrong, which means every post is right, which means this post is right, which means every post is wrong...

@asylumni said:

@TigerSuperman said:

I'm confused. If every post is wrong, then this post is wrong, which means every post is right, which means this post is right, which means every post is wrong...

You think like a Cow.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

When it comes to sales, this gen is looking like the PS2 era again.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@cantloginnow said:

@asylumni:

@asylumni said:

@TigerSuperman said:

You think like a Cow.

How so? Do you believe Cows are the only ones that can find amusement in seemingly paradoxical statements?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

MS had shipped 3.9 million by Christmas, and 1.2 million since then. Jan, Feb, March - that's 400K a month. Is it as good as the PS4? No - but those aren't bad sales months; especially post Christmas.

Yes and from those 3.9 million 900 were unsold by MS own mouth.

Add another 1.2 million and is 5.1 million but from those 5.1 million 2.1 million were unsold units in January,so MS move 1.2 million in those 3 months which is 400K a month,so yeah 900 units still floating around in stores,reason why all of the sudden an article pops about MS slowing down production or stopping it..

What is your point? MS shipped 400K from Jan through March. Obviously the 900k left the channel, because retailers would not have ordered 1.2 million more.

What article?

Dat damage control.

"b...bu.....bu.....bu.....but teh 5 millionz shipped!!!1"

"Titanfuh will be teh system seller!!!!!1"

LMFAO, dat ownage

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Seabas989 said:

When it comes to sales, this gen is looking like the PS2 era again.

yup

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#161 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

PS2 era all over again...Xbox has officially hit that 3rd generation console Curse.

I called this type of GAP at E3...MS were too full of themselves and unveiled some seriously fatal "restrictions"

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#162  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@Telekill said:

Not bad at all. Congrats Microsoft.

actually it's pretty bad. Those number are shipments to distributors. I believe the industry has predicted that the sale numbers to consumers is about 70% of total shipments. So realistically Microsoft is doing pretty terrible on console sales. Luckily for them their profits do not come from console sales so their company can still remain financially secure.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@TigerSuperman: if there are 5.1 million sold-in. Is a pretty decent assumption that there are about 800,000 sitting on shelves right now. Meaning that total sales land around 4.2-4.3 million sold through.

Sonys 7 million number is sold through.

Enough with your stupid math. People understand how to add.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

MS had shipped 3.9 million by Christmas, and 1.2 million since then. Jan, Feb, March - that's 400K a month. Is it as good as the PS4? No - but those aren't bad sales months; especially post Christmas.

Yes and from those 3.9 million 900 were unsold by MS own mouth.

Add another 1.2 million and is 5.1 million but from those 5.1 million 2.1 million were unsold units in January,so MS move 1.2 million in those 3 months which is 400K a month,so yeah 900 units still floating around in stores,reason why all of the sudden an article pops about MS slowing down production or stopping it..

What is your point? MS shipped 400K from Jan through March. Obviously the 900k left the channel, because retailers would not have ordered 1.2 million more.

What article?

Dat damage control.

"b...bu.....bu.....bu.....but teh 5 millionz shipped!!!1"

"Titanfuh will be teh system seller!!!!!1"

LMFAO, dat ownage

Just because you cows get into a circle jerk doesn't mean you are correct.

@I_can_haz hasn't, and probably never will, own anyone.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

@prawephet: sony dont even know how many they sold to the public...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

It's been a tough year for the lemmings, and it's only going to get worse.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

5+ million, on to e3 to continue to show the best games so far this gen.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

It's been a tough year for the lemmings, and it's only going to get worse.

You self owned with your list.

Funk21312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Funk21312
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I can't believe how well the X1 has done considering the backlash it had after E3 which made the mind of the casuals up instantly

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@funk21312 said:

I can't believe how well the X1 has done considering the backlash it had after E3 which made the mind of the casuals up instantly

The lemmings were always gonna jump in head first. Some of them even continue to excuse disc-based DRM.

What is interesting is the last three months they've sold 1.1 million consoles - 367,000 a month. By contrast a million PS4s have been sold a month.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#171 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Op saved himself. Work is done.

Now then, let us predict current sales. i think any number 4.7 or above is really really reaching. It COULD be possible, but unless they slowed shipments totally to outside U.S. countries I don't see it.

4.5 is probably. Anything below 4.3 is not. The sweetspot is probably 4.3-4.5ish sold total as of the date they recored the shipping number. The week after that I would say 4.5ish on the spot.

Sig

___

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161288635428