Microsoft: 1.2 million Xbox Ones Sold Q1 14, 5.1 mil total

• 163 results
#103 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9486 posts) -

The Xbox One is selling relatively well l but the PS4 is on another level. While the Xbox One sales have slowed down, the PS4 is selling at nearly a consistent 1M per month.

PS4: (sold to consumers)

December 28th, 2013 - 4.2M

February 8th, 2014 - 5.3M

March 2nd, 2014 - 6.0M

April 6th, 2014 - 7.0M

To put this into perspective, the PS4 is on target to sell more console in it's first year than the PS3 ever sold in ANY year - 15.4M.

#105 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@I_can_haz said:

LOL 4.2 million like GAF predicted. So the gap is 2.8 million? Ouch!

"b...bu....bu....but teh 5 million salez to retailerz!!1"

TLHBO.

Lems cant catch a break and SONY is on a ROLL.

#SDC

#106 Posted by delta3074 (18440 posts) -

Why is everybody saying 4.2 million sold through?nobody knows how many units are in people hands. we only know that 5.1 million have shipped.

Lol at the pure idiots on here adding Fake sold through numbers to shipped numbers, bunch of muppets,lol

#107 Posted by Underdog123x (266 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

So everyone agree that SONY is just KILLING it????

Well, their gaming division is. MS is absolutely murdering and butchering with profits overall, while their gaming side is very doing well. Sony's gaming side is murdering and butchering profits, but corporate wide they in deep shit, lol. All in all a very, very competitive E3 is on the horizon :)

I think Playstation fans are too stupid to realize that Sony is in deep shit. Even if they sold 20 million units they'd still be in the hole.

I don't like the Xbox One very much, but what I do respect is M$ From a business standpoint.

#108 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

Thread title is misleading. Microsoft only sold about 4 million to actual consumers.

#109 Posted by tormentos (18398 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

Why is everybody saying 4.2 million sold through?nobody knows how many units are in people hands. we only know that 5.1 million have shipped.

Lol at the pure idiots on here adding Fake sold through numbers to shipped numbers, bunch of muppets,lol

Because NPD tell the story.

MS sold from January to March like 750k in US that mean it most have d 450K outside US and that number is been generous since MS doesn't sell more than half of what they sell in US outside.

They sold like 1.1 to 1.2 million to consumers in those 3 months,so basically 3million already + that is 4.1 or 4.2 million sold,the xbox one is not selling out,all the contrary stores are jam pack with them.

So yeah a good 800 to 900k still out there much like December.

Actually at least they aren't pretending that sold to consumers mean shipped like you try to do with sony's numbers..lol

#110 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5171 posts) -

Blackace spent so long damage controlling shipped as sold when all along the non-lems were right, it was 4.2 million sold to consumers.

#112 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

Good luck convincing anyone of that (I agree, btw).

Oh NPD told the whole story the xbox one sold in US like 750k the rest outside US where the xbox one doesn't sell even half of what it sell in US,so 450 with luck and been generous,and they sold 1.2 million vs the PS4 2.8 million,so yeah 900k still unsold everything happen like i say it would...

@Alucard_Prime said:

Good numbers, better than the 360 did in this period of its lifecycle apparently. I expect the XOne to maintain steady sales in the upcoming months, as a lot of people who were waiting for the upgrade are doing so now, with all the price cuts on the hardware and software. TitanFall seems to be benefiting from good word of mouth overall, and I think it should have strong sales in April as well.

Looking forward to E3, things will just keep improving over time for Xone the way I see it.

Yep but half a million lower than what MS did on quarter 3 2006 with the xbox 360..

1.7 million vs 1.2 million for the xbox one..

Again, if XB1's were piling on the shelves like you say they are, then distributors would cut back on their orders. They haven't.

So, either distributors like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop etc. like purchasing XB1s that they cannot sell; or you are incorrect.

#113 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

"Shipping" 400k a month world wide is shite, PS4 "sells through" close to that in the US alone every month.

I suppose without the PS4 the XB1 sales would be pretty good compared to previous generations, but PS4 is here and is killing it.

#114 Posted by delta3074 (18440 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Because NPD tell the story.

MS sold from January to March like 750k in US that mean it most have d 450K outside US and that number is been generous since MS doesn't sell more than half of what they sell in US outside.

They sold like 1.1 to 1.2 million to consumers in those 3 months,so basically 3million already + that is 4.1 or 4.2 million sold,the xbox one is not selling out,all the contrary stores are jam pack with them.

So yeah a good 800 to 900k still out there much like December.

Actually at least they aren't pretending that sold to consumers mean shipped like you try to do with sony's numbers..lol

If the XB1 isn't selling the Retailers wouldn't be ordering them so MS would not be shipping any, the Cows belief that there are loads of XB1's sitting around on store shelves doesn't make any sense, if it wasn't selling retailers would not need to restock so why are they buying so many Xbox ones that they don't need? the only logical answer is that they are not buying more XB1's than they need and that there are not as many sitting around on store shelves as cows would have us believe.

#115 Posted by SecretPolice (22243 posts) -

Unholy Cow, that's quite good considering price and bad pub., whoa, after they announce at E3 the new < 400 bones price and the just gotta have gamezzzz, Teh Bore and Sony gonna be doooooomed I tell ya doomed. :P

#116 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Ooooo! No five mill owners yet. That's pretty solid gap for the ps4.

#117 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5171 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

So true.

Hahaha, quoting an obese Xbox fanboy's split personality. SlowRobby's desperation knows no bounds.

It's 4.2 million, by the way. And that 2 billion includes tablets and mobiles. And that's revenue, not profit. And SCE made a profit last quarter.

#118 Edited by tormentos (18398 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Again, if XB1's were piling on the shelves like you say they are, then distributors would cut back on their orders. They haven't.

So, either distributors like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop etc. like purchasing XB1s that they cannot sell; or you are incorrect.

Retailers were not ordering any dude...

Don't you get it 900k went unsold in December and January sales world wide were 200k,some 700k were still lefts unsold,MS had to act and give credit to retailers so they would do price cuts,retailers had to also hold current inventory pause it while making room for Titanfall bundles that is the only way retailers would take more units

MS shipped 1.2 million units in 3 months sony sold to actual customers 2.8 million in those same 3 months dude,MS is trailing bad.

Sony sold more units to consumers in those 3months than what MS sold to retailers between the xbox one and xbox 360 combined,open your eyes and smell the roses dude,they are trailing badly..

Hell the xbox 360 in this 3 months sold 1.7 million to retailers on 2006 the xbox one is half a million behind that number at 1.2 million.

#119 Edited by Shewgenja (9640 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

So true.

I didn't know buying an XBone automatically made you a shareholder. I guess that explains a lot.

I just want to play the games that the machine obviously selling 7 million is going to get.

XBots = casual non-gamer fanbase confirmed.

#120 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5171 posts) -
@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

So true.

I didn't know buying an XBone automatically made you a shareholder. I guess that explains a lot.

I just want to play the games that the machine obviously selling 7 million is going to get.

Lemmings are pretty much the toilet crust of the industry.

#121 Posted by Shewgenja (9640 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

So true.

I'm going to call it ShareholderBone from now on. Since it seems like everyone has their junior starter kit MBA from Cosco to be a fanboy of that shit system.

#122 Posted by tormentos (18398 posts) -
@delta3074 said:

If the XB1 isn't selling the Retailers wouldn't be ordering them so MS would not be shipping any, the Cows belief that there are loads of XB1's sitting around on store shelves doesn't make any sense, if it wasn't selling retailers would not need to restock so why are they buying so many Xbox ones that they don't need? the only logical answer is that they are not buying more XB1's than they need and that there are not as many sitting around on store shelves as cows would have us believe.

There is a difference between not selling 1,and selling average dude,January NPD the xbox one sold like 200k world wide,that is abysmal when 900k units were still floating confirmed by MS it self,this is not made by me MS it self stated 3 million sold to consumers 3.9 million shipped both as of the end of December.

Maybe you are confuse let me brake it down US is MS stronghold like more than 60% of all units were sold there in US,if US sales are doing bad the rest of the world is doing even worse.

In February retailers had to freeze current stock to move Titanfall bundles,in fact it was after the bundle than the xbox one was able to move some more units,then on march that bundle started to sell under $500 dollars,is not the first time MS recall units and change bundles with retailers in order to move units,do you think those price cuts come from Retailers.? Why would they order any more if they have to cut into their profits to sell those units.?

Those come from MS,is credit MS give store in order to move units,MS wanted to move 5 million by march they don't care how much it takes,and they did it,and like on December a huge number of units still floating around in the retail chain..

Then news comes that they may slow down or stop production to allow retailers to move those units,what does that tell you.?

Oh wait but there comes news from amazon that they are selling day 1 edition xbox one,units that are not suppose to exist because there were suppose to be sold on day 1 or close how is that possible,oh yeah MS call those units back,and they slowly drip them in small sales,they were already expose for doing it on Ebay now on amazon.

NPD doesn't lie the xbox one is trailing bad and only sold 700+ in 3 months on its best market by far,have to wonder how much worse was world wide.

#123 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Tragedy. It's not outright bad, it's actually very good on its own. But in a real world setting, comparing its ssles to its industry peer is bound to happen, and then that's when it doesn't look so good. Regardless, I'm sure they'll mae some changes to excite consumers more.

#124 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Retailers were not ordering any dude...

Don't you get it 900k went unsold in December and January sales world wide were 200k,some 700k were still lefts unsold,MS had to act and give credit to retailers so they would do price cuts,retailers had to also hold current inventory pause it while making room for Titanfall bundles that is the only way retailers would take more units

MS shipped 1.2 million units in 3 months sony sold to actual customers 2.8 million in those same 3 months dude,MS is trailing bad.

Sony sold more units to consumers in those 3months than what MS sold to retailers between the xbox one and xbox 360 combined,open your eyes and smell the roses dude,they are trailing badly..

Hell the xbox 360 in this 3 months sold 1.7 million to retailers on 2006 the xbox one is half a million behind that number at 1.2 million.

MS had shipped 3.9 million by Christmas, and 1.2 million since then. Jan, Feb, March - that's 400K a month. Is it as good as the PS4? No - but those aren't bad sales months; especially post Christmas.

#125 Edited by tormentos (18398 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

MS had shipped 3.9 million by Christmas, and 1.2 million since then. Jan, Feb, March - that's 400K a month. Is it as good as the PS4? No - but those aren't bad sales months; especially post Christmas.

Yes and from those 3.9 million 900 were unsold by MS own mouth.

Add another 1.2 million and is 5.1 million but from those 5.1 million 2.1 million were unsold units in January,so MS move 1.2 million in those 3 months which is 400K a month,so yeah 900 units still floating around in stores,reason why all of the sudden an article pops about MS slowing down production or stopping it..

#127 Posted by SUD123456 (4488 posts) -

MS has shipped 5.1M units, including 1.2M this past quarter. I personally don't find the 1.2M very impressive given where we are in the lifecycle. We also know that some of the 5.1M is inventory since they are readily available on shelves.

Signs are the PS4 is becoming easier to find and the Japan launch cycle appears over. Therefore, you can expect PS4 to reach manufacturing equilibrium this summer. At that point, we can go back to recognizing that shipped is the only number that matters.

By comparison, Sony announced sell thru of 7M on April 6th. Therefore, I expect their shipped numbers to be only a little higher seeing as inventory is still not as easy to find. Their numbers for Jan thru Mar will look good, but that includes launch in the home country so it would be folly to extrapolate those numbers further.

By fall the shipped ratio will probably net out to be in the range of 1.7 to 2.0:1 in favour of PS4. However, one of the things MS missed on was pricing, but that is also the easiest thing to fix. I would expect them to have price parity with PS4 by Black Friday which should make them more competitive provided that they have a good showing at E3 on the games front.

I have both and frankly they are both largely collecting dust due to the lack of compelling software are this point. This gen's launch has been pretty dismal so far.

#128 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

So much lem damage control and butthurt from the usual suspects.

#129 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Add another 1.2 million and is 5.1 million but from those 5.1 million 2.1 million were unsold units in January,so MS move 1.2 million in those 3 months which is 400K a month,so yeah 900 units still floating around in stores,reason why all of the sudden an article pops about MS slowing down production or stopping it..

What is your point? MS shipped 400K from Jan through March. Obviously the 900k left the channel, because retailers would not have ordered 1.2 million more.

What article?

#130 Edited by blackace (20890 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Blackace spent so long damage controlling shipped as sold when all along the non-lems were right, it was 4.2 million sold to consumers.

I'm actually more impressed with the $20 Billion in revenue Microsoft made last quarter. That's a LOT of exclusives games right there. How did Sony do?

#131 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

I think MS saw sales figures a few weeks ago, and combined with the new CEO getting his footing, made the decision to give control of Xbox to Phil Spencer. To date with sales of 4.2 million, E3 for them looms massive as they need a damn comparative price drop and to have the games and features that wow people. Between the overzealous Xbox is doomed crowd and those who feel everything is fine, the middle ground is likely MS is concerned, but far from panicking. No matter the way things change, certain things remain the same. Game consoles sell based on games, features, and price. The 360 had 10 million sales before one PS3 was on the market. It took Sony 7 years to catch up. How did they do it? Price drops, compelling software, pushing on. Things change worldlier all the time, but the 80+ million that bought the 360 and the 80+ million that bought the PS3, the vast majority have not upgraded yet as the PS4 is at 7+ million and the One is at 4+ million. After five months and before one price drop to claim that one side is a guaranteed victor is silly beyond words IMHO. So many things could happen, but first and foremost if Sony didn't panic with the PS3, and they never had the money of MS, I doubt MS panics either. They will be behind for the foreseeable future until they nail a effective price drop. At E3 they have one hell of a opportunity to start clawing their way back into it. There's no magic fix button/game, but they have to deliver on the games sand features and drop that damn price. That will help them a great deal going forward. But the doom and gloom Cows, its premature to think anything is over this far. Phil Spencer has his work cut out for him, no doubt, but I do think he's the right man for the job to turn things around.

#132 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5171 posts) -
@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I'm actually more impressed with the $20 Billion in revenue Microsoft made last quarter. That's a LOT of exclusives games right there. How did Sony do?

And hardware made up 10% of that number, with the Xbox itself producing even less. MS could scrap the whole thing tomorrow and it wouldn't make any difference.

You genuinely think MS is gonna spend even 2% of that money on the Xbone? That toilet crust status is well deserved. :)

#133 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

What is your point? MS shipped 400K from Jan through March. Obviously the 900k left the channel, because retailers would not have ordered 1.2 million more.

What article?

Dat damage control.

"b...bu.....bu.....bu.....but teh 5 millionz shipped!!!1"

"Titanfuh will be teh system seller!!!!!1"

#134 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

#Both consoles are doing really well. It seems like Microsoft will always be in second place, but I'm sure they're not complaining.

#135 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

So everyone agree that SONY is just KILLING it????

They certainly are. Can you agree that Microsoft is doing well also?

#137 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5171 posts) -
@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

What article?

Dat damage control.

Titanwall.

#138 Posted by Shewgenja (9640 posts) -

Titanwall!!!

#139 Edited by tormentos (18398 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Dat damage control.

Damn the ownage...

This is undeniable the sales from NPD don't lie retailers froze old xbox one shipments to able to move Titanfall bundle and spark sales,those sales tell the stories 700K in 3 months in US tell the whole story,like that screen show most stores are jam pack with xbox one...

#140 Edited by tormentos (18398 posts) -
@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yeah from windows and services,as the xbox brand wasn't even discus say an article that came in today..hahaha

That losses on the xbox division most have been biggg...

I find more impressive how the PS4 sold to consumers 800k more units than what MS sold to retailers of the xbox one and xbox 360 combined...

The PS4 officially >>>>>>>>>>>>>> xbox one and xbox 360 combined...lol

@SUD123456 said:

MS has shipped 5.1M units, including 1.2M this past quarter. I personally don't find the 1.2M very impressive given where we are in the lifecycle. We also know that some of the 5.1M is inventory since they are readily available on shelves.

Signs are the PS4 is becoming easier to find and the Japan launch cycle appears over. Therefore, you can expect PS4 to reach manufacturing equilibrium this summer. At that point, we can go back to recognizing that shipped is the only number that matters.

By comparison, Sony announced sell thru of 7M on April 6th. Therefore, I expect their shipped numbers to be only a little higher seeing as inventory is still not as easy to find. Their numbers for Jan thru Mar will look good, but that includes launch in the home country so it would be folly to extrapolate those numbers further.

By fall the shipped ratio will probably net out to be in the range of 1.7 to 2.0:1 in favour of PS4. However, one of the things MS missed on was pricing, but that is also the easiest thing to fix. I would expect them to have price parity with PS4 by Black Friday which should make them more competitive provided that they have a good showing at E3 on the games front.

I have both and frankly they are both largely collecting dust due to the lack of compelling software are this point. This gen's launch has been pretty dismal so far.

The fu**....

@shawn30 said:

I think MS saw sales figures a few weeks ago, and combined with the new CEO getting his footing, made the decision to give control of Xbox to Phil Spencer. To date with sales of 4.2 million, E3 for them looms massive as they need a damn comparative price drop and to have the games and features that wow people. Between the overzealous Xbox is doomed crowd and those who feel everything is fine, the middle ground is likely MS is concerned, but far from panicking. No matter the way things change, certain things remain the same. Game consoles sell based on games, features, and price. The 360 had 10 million sales before one PS3 was on the market. It took Sony 7 years to catch up. How did they do it? Price drops, compelling software, pushing on. Things change worldlier all the time, but the 80+ million that bought the 360 and the 80+ million that bought the PS3, the vast majority have not upgraded yet as the PS4 is at 7+ million and the One is at 4+ million. After five months and before one price drop to claim that one side is a guaranteed victor is silly beyond words IMHO. So many things could happen, but first and foremost if Sony didn't panic with the PS3, and they never had the money of MS, I doubt MS panics either. They will be behind for the foreseeable future until they nail a effective price drop. At E3 they have one hell of a opportunity to start clawing their way back into it. There's no magic fix button/game, but they have to deliver on the games sand features and drop that damn price. That will help them a great deal going forward. But the doom and gloom Cows, its premature to think anything is over this far. Phil Spencer has his work cut out for him, no doubt, but I do think he's the right man for the job to turn things around.

The PS3 catch up because sony had Japan and mainland EU to compensate for US loss,MS has nothing to compensate,the xbox one is been outsold every where.

Also what make you think sony will stand still and will not lower the price of the PS4 as well.?

MS hitting $399 while sony hitting $350 will hit MS even harder..

#141 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

What article?

Dat damage control.

As usual, your comments are too stupid to reply to, other than to tell you they are stupid...

#142 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@tormentos: MS didn't need anything more than what they have to hit 80+ million last gen. Not saying the One will, but they need only hit the right price and compelling software to be successful again. You have to remember, it doesn't matter where the 360 got its number or where the PS3 did. PS3 clawed back in by hitting the right price and producing games consistently for years. None of that happened over night, and came with na ton of missteps along the way. The One will do the exact same thing. 7 and 4 million in are good for the One and great for the PS4 numbers wise, but are completely dwarfed by the 80+ million both the 360 and PS3 sold. As for price, Sony and MS will go back and forth with price drops and counters, but MS has more money and are committed to the One as Phil Spencer has stated via his meetings with the new MS CEO and being named the head of Xbox. I fully expect MS to meet or undercut the PS4 and if Sony goes lower so will they. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Nothing is decided in 5 months. Its just not. The One needs to focus on 3 things to be successful and wherever they end up, so be it. Nail exclusive games and features for the One that are available everywhere, hit the sweet spot price wise, maximize what the One can do with whatever benefits the Cloud and DX12 offer. Those three things will lead the One to be very successful this gen even if they don't win it. And I am far from thinking its impossible that a 280 billion dollar company cannot find a way to claw its way back into a fight with a company many acclaimed analyst feel could be bankrupt in 2 years. We shall see how this plays out, and I know you do not agree with the stuff I just said, but we can agree that E3 is going to be absolutely murderously epic.

#143 Edited by Shewgenja (9640 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@tormentos: MS didn't need anything more than what they have to hit 80+ million last gen. Not saying the One will, but they need only hit the right price and compelling software to be successful again. You have to remember, it doesn't matter where the 360 got its number or where the PS3 did. PS3 clawed back in by hitting the right price and producing games consistently for years. None of that happened over night, and came with na ton of missteps along the way. The One will do the exact same thing. 7 and 4 million in are good for the One and great for the PS4 numbers wise, but are completely dwarfed by the 80+ million both the 360 and PS3 sold. As for price, Sony and MS will go back and forth with price drops and counters, but MS has more money and are committed to the One as Phil Spencer has stated via his meetings with the new MS CEO and being named the head of Xbox. I fully expect MS to meet or undercut the PS4 and if Sony goes lower so will they. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Nothing is decided in 5 months. Its just not. The One needs to focus on 3 things to be successful and wherever they end up, so be it. Nail exclusive games and features for the One that are available everywhere, hit the sweet spot price wise, maximize what the One can do with whatever benefits the Cloud and DX12 offer. Those three things will lead the One to be very successful this gen even if they don't win it. And I am far from thinking its impossible that a 280 billion dollar company cannot find a way to claw its way back into a fight with a company many acclaimed analyst feel could be bankrupt in 2 years. We shall see how this plays out, and I know you do not agree with the stuff I just said, but we can agree that E3 is going to be absolutely murderously epic.

Big difference. Sony had the 1st party to back the PS3 up when the third party started falling in line with the XBox 360. MS, on the other hand, has about as much first party muscle as Steve Urkel. They don't have nearly enough game development houses to leverage a console single-handedly. They're not even in Nintendo's world when it comes to that.

#144 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@shawn30 said:

Big difference. Sony had the 1st party to back the PS3 up when the third party started falling in line with the XBox 360. MS, on the other hand, has about as much first party muscle as Steve Urkel. They don't have nearly enough game development houses to leverage a console single-handedly. They're not even in Nintendo's world when it comes to that.

MS has Lionhead, Black Tusk, Turn 10, and 343. Halo and Gears are huge franchises. They purchase more third party exclusivity than Sony with Remedy, Capcom, Insomniac and Crytek, and it worked for them last gen. Money to buy third party support and their main first party devs are all they need. MS knows its greatest strength is its checkbook and software/online engineering. This isn't about to change. Plus, I don't give a crap how my console secures games so much as they secure ones I like, so the first and third party argument, all of that is BS to me. MS can and will buy specific games. That's how they do business.

#145 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

Dat damage control.

As usual, your comments are too stupid to reply to, other than to tell you they are stupid...

#146 Posted by tormentos (18398 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Some times it takes more than just the right price to compete,the wii u has been here since 2012 alone at $299 and $349.

The original xbox was $299 like the PS2 and keep price parity during all the years it lasted,oh and the hardware was more powerful with HDD included.

Almost 3 million gap in just 4 months is allow,the gap keeps increasing at this rate it should grow to more than 7 million by years end if not more.

I don't think MS can price match the PS4 like that dude,not without setting the stages for huge losses.

Once again and for the 100 times billions mean sh**,all the billions MS has hasn't help then beating Google Android,didn't help with the PS2 beating,and didn't save Zune from been destroy by Ipod,and haven't make BING the number 1 search engine either some times it takes more than just money to win.

There is plenty of proof of that.

#147 Posted by Shewgenja (9640 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

MS has Lionhead, Black Tusk, Turn 10, and 343. Halo and Gears are huge franchises. They purchase more third party exclusivity than Sony with Remedy, Capcom, Insomniac and Crytek, and it worked for them last gen. Money to buy third party support and their main first party devs are all they need. MS knows its greatest strength is its checkbook and software/online engineering. This isn't about to change. Plus, I don't give a crap how my console secures games so much as they secure ones I like, so the first and third party argument, all of that is BS to me. MS can and will buy specific games. That's how they do business.

But how effective were they at securing third party exclusives duing the XBox days? Because, as far as market position is concerned, that's precisely where the Bone is sliding to. The crux of my argument is that you can't take it for granted that MS has the leverage they had with the 360 as far as securing those exclusives. EA went running for the hills. That's not a good look.

#149 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -
@Shewgenja said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

So true.

I'm going to call it ShareholderBone from now on. Since it seems like everyone has their junior starter kit MBA from Cosco to be a fanboy of that shit system.

lol will definitely be joining you on that. Loving your posts recently bahaha.

#150 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Some times it takes more than just the right price to compete,the wii u has been here since 2012 alone at $299 and $349.

The original xbox was $299 like the PS2 and keep price parity during all the years it lasted,oh and the hardware was more powerful with HDD included.

Almost 3 million gap in just 4 months is allow,the gap keeps increasing at this rate it should grow to more than 7 million by years end if not more.

I don't think MS can price match the PS4 like that dude,not without setting the stages for huge losses.

Once again and for the 100 times billions mean sh**,all the billions MS has hasn't help then beating Google Android,didn't help with the PS2 beating,and didn't save Zune from been destroy by Ipod,and haven't make BING the number 1 search engine either some times it takes more than just money to win.

There is plenty of proof of that.

Wii-U doesn't have the big multiplayer titles, big name mainstream titles, multi-plat titles, or features to compare with Xbox One. Its not even remotely the same. OG Xbox came in on the tail-end of Godly PS2. It had no chance and MS saw that early on. The 3 million gap in four months isn't the 10 million gap the 360 enjoyed as the PS3 wasn't on the market yet. Gamers buy based on games, features, and price. A great deal of people end up owning both consoles. And saying MS can't match the PS4 price point without huge losses is silly if you are not selling then you make no money anyone. When you provide services like Xbox Live you can make up money long-term that's lost short-term as production costs fall and you offer more features. The start of the race is important, but how you end it matters more.

Moneywise, Zune was a failure. Surface 2 just made 500 million in profits, and is doing far, far better than Surface 1. Bing is doing well even as it trails behind. Everything at Sony except for insurance and Playstation has completely failed or been sold off. Not every product you make will work no matter how much money you have. But having money allows you to turn things around ala Surface. Xbox One has the support of the new CEO and a new overall boss who gets what it will take to turn this around. I make no predictions that the One will suddenly leap past PS4 or anything like that. But you continue making the case that a war is over 5 months in, with no historical understanding that not a damn thing is over in five months. A number of events and issues loom large and MS is in a fighting, focusing mode which works best for them. If they hit price parity or undercut PS4, and deliver the games and features they will be just fine and do very well. You act as if 30 million next gen consoles have been sold when its just over 11. There's a long fight ahead, and its a uphill one for MS, but far from being lost. I see a system war race in 3 years within 10 million sales of each other. But as always, time will tell.