Microsoft: 1.2 million Xbox Ones Sold Q1 14, 5.1 mil total

• 163 results
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

Microsoft sold in 2.0 million Xbox console units, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles.

SOURCE

That comes to roughly 400,000 a month.

Total worldwide shipments currently stand at 5.1 million units worldwide. We don't know the sellthrough numbers (in fact the only console we know those for are Sony with PS4).

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

Cool.

#3 Posted by Shewgenja (8345 posts) -

*splat*

#4 Edited by stereointegrity (10699 posts) -

Japan and Scandinavia will save it's sales...

#5 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#6 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

LOL 4.2 million like GAF predicted. So the gap is 2.8 million? Ouch!

"b...bu....bu....but teh 5 million salez to retailerz!!1"

TLHBO.

#7 Posted by Telekill (4332 posts) -

Not bad at all. Congrats Microsoft.

#8 Edited by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

Not too good for "setting records."

#9 Edited by Nike_Air (18296 posts) -

Congrats Sheep , the Xbone is DEAD LAST and Mario Kart 8 is coming for Phil Spencer's bum.

#10 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (756 posts) -

Congrats, Microsoft, for selling so well. Congrats, Sony, for having your priorities straight!

#11 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Sold in

But yep, congratz ms.

#12 Edited by granddogg (409 posts) -

pretty damm good that they almost sold everything they shipped....

#13 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

What? Don't be silly! It's an absolute record*!

-

-

* For the Xbox family! :D

#14 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

LOL 4.2 million like GAF predicted. So the gap is 2.8 million? Ouch!

"b...bu....bu....but teh 5 million salez to retailerz!!1"

TLHBO.

Lems cant catch a break and SONY is on a ROLL.

#15 Edited by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

lol, but SW told me they sold 5m

SW lied

sold in = in customer hands

#16 Posted by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

Microsoft sold in 2.0 million Xbox console units, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles.

SOURCE

That comes to roughly 400,000 a month (and brings the total ales to 4.2 million worldwide, with shipments sitting at 5 million)

That's what people have been predicting, 4.2 million worldwide...amazingly accurate posts by god knows who back then.

Good job mystery posters from the past!

#17 Posted by sam890 (1057 posts) -

Lets see some damage control Lems

#18 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Chutebox said:

What? Don't be silly! It's an absolute record*!

-

-

* For the Xbox family! :D

lol be nice

#19 Posted by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

So...PS4 still dominating.

TLHBO

#20 Posted by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -
#21 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15927 posts) -

800,000 units languishing in giant stacks in big box stores.

Not that that's a big surprise, we've all seen them.

#22 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

That comes to roughly 400,000 a month (and brings the total ales to 4.2 million worldwide, with shipments sitting at 5 million)

That's what people have been predicting, 4.2 million worldwide...amazingly accurate posts by god knows who back then.

Good job mystery posters from the past!

Not accurate whatsoever. So many people can't read or listen properly it's amazing.

#23 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

I've been saying 4.2 million awhile.

PS4 is likely above 7.2 million now effectively making it 3 million more.

Selling on average 1.4 million consoles vs 400,000 Xbox One console.

#24 Edited by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

@Indicud said:

X1 is still not at 4.2 since this is until March. It's sold units since then.

#25 Edited by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

This thread is amazing. Every single post is wrong. (other than my last one)

#26 Edited by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

both consoles are outpacing their last gen systems, so thats a good thing for console gaming

#27 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15927 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Indicud said:

It's through March 31st, actually.

#28 Edited by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

They have always maintained the 'records' are as measured against previous Xbox consoles.

#29 Edited by MonsieurX (29234 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

lol, but SW told me they sold 5m

SW lied

sold in = in customer hands

sold in = in retailers hands

#30 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Indicud said:

So, I suppose we can add some 200k-300k to this number, considering we're on the 24th of April. (that's if we go by their monthly average of 400k of course).

#31 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Chutebox said:

@Indicud said:

So, I suppose we can add some 200k-300k to this number, considering we're on the 24th of April. (that's if we go by their monthly average of 400k of course).

Or you can realize the 1,2 million is shipped and stop adding it to the 3 million sodl through number and instead add it to the 3.9 million number.

#32 Posted by asylumni (2107 posts) -

This thread is amazing. Every single post is wrong. (other than my last one)

I'm confused. If every post is wrong, then this post is wrong, which means every post is right, which means this post is right, which means every post is wrong...

#33 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3367 posts) -

Gears 4 will save it.

#34 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -
#35 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -
#36 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16492 posts) -

I'm going to take my fanboy ask off for a second and just say that I really hope MS doesn't crash that badly

#37 Posted by Shewgenja (8345 posts) -

I was expecting at least 4.5.

#38 Posted by musicalmac (22832 posts) -

I don't know how to feel about this. Both are disappointing, and while I don't want a company to fail, I'm not necessarily rooting for either of these consoles (or the Wii U for that matter, but at least that one isn't exactly the same as it was before).

Conflicted.

#39 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman:

The hell are you talking about?

the 1.2 million ins the sales call was shipped (sold-in) what people are doing in this thread is assuming 4.2 million were solde because they are adding the 1.2 million to the last sold-through number of 3 million.

EXCEPT that makes no sense. Instead, you are supposed to add the 1.2 million shipped number to their last SHIPPED number which was 3.9 million. Which means that they sold 5.1 which is on the money of what MS announced (shipped).

#40 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

I don't know how to feel about this. Both are disappointing, and while I don't want a company to fail, I'm not necessarily rooting for either of these consoles (or the Wii U for that matter, but at least that one isn't exactly the same as it was before).

Conflicted.

When mods can't read or hear correctly there is even a bigger problem with this forum. We do not have sold through numbers.

#41 Posted by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman:

the 1.2 million ins the sales call was shipped (sold-in) what people are doing in this thread is assuming 4.2 million were solde because they are adding the 1.2 million to the last sold-through number of 3 million.

EXCEPT that makes no sense. Instead, you are supposed to add the 1.2 million shipped number to their last SHIPPED number which was 3.9 million. Which means that they sold 5.1 which is on the money of what MS announced (shipped).

The last we heard from MS, the X1 was at 3 million, no? If that's true, and this is the first we've heard they they've sold another 1.2m, that puts it at 4.2m.

#42 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

Ps4 outpacing XB1 on sales 3.5 to 1

1.4 million a month vs 400,000

#43 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

4.2 is about what most everyone has expected it sold thus far, so no real shock there. The spikes in sales recently have come from price cuts, so I expect a worldwide one come E3. Still, even in the PS4's amazing sales, 4.2 ain't bad at all. Hit the price parity, have a great E3, and launch worldwide and MS will do fine all gen long, even if it never catches the PS4. And I do not think its impossible that they wont within 3 years. Still, 4.2 is worthy of congrats.

#44 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@Chutebox said:

@TigerSuperman:

The last we heard from MS, the X1 was at 3 million, no? If that's true, and this is the first we've heard they they've sold another 1.2m, that puts it at 4.2m.

The last we heard was 3.9 million shipped. Also don't do the "no?" thing at the end of you sentence, it makes you look dumb and it should never had made a comeback.

3 million was the sold through number. The report after that put it at 3.9 million shipped.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/39-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-2013

You add the 1.2 million to this number, not 3 million, both are shipped, why are people adding shipped number to sold when we have shipped numbers?

#45 Posted by Nike_Air (18296 posts) -

1.2 million is shipped. (sold in)

1.2 million shipped + 3.9 million shipped = 5.1 million.

4.2 sold is a tale from someone's butt.

#46 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

So everyone agree that SONY is just KILLING it????

#47 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

4.2 is about what most everyone has expected it sold thus far, so no real shock there. The spikes in sales recently have come from price cuts, so I expect a worldwide one come E3. Still, even in the PS4's amazing sales, 4.2 ain't bad at all. Hit the price parity, have a great E3, and launch worldwide and MS will do fine all gen long, even if it never catches the PS4. And I do not think its impossible that they wont within 3 years. Still, 4.2 is worthy of congrats.

#48 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

1.2 million is shipped. (sold in)

1.2 million shipped + 3.9 million shipped = 5.1 million.

4.2 sold is a tale from someone's butt.

@shawn30 said:

THE FAKEBOY SONY FAN sees why this thread is dumb but the FAKEBOY XBOX FAN at the bottom DOES NOT?!?!

This forum is damaged beyond repair.

#49 Posted by TigerSuperman (1956 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

They are doing pretty good.

#50 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Well, their gaming division is. MS is absolutely murdering and butchering with profits overall, while their gaming side is very doing well. Sony's gaming side is murdering and butchering profits, but corporate wide they in deep shit, lol. All in all a very, very competitive E3 is on the horizon :)