MGS5... where is all the ridiculous hype?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts
@seanmcloughlin said:

Ground zeroes is less than 2 hours long and they are basically holding the main game ransom if GZ does badly. Not only that but it's ridiculously priced.

It's also mostly a cutscene. So technically, it has about 10 minutes of gameplay.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#52 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Well, it's not exclusive. Hence it's not worth hyping. Stupid fanboys.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, been a LONG time since I made a real topic on SW. Forgot how much you have to dumb things down here so that people can understand.

Oh well, at least a few of you got it.

you mean when you post some dumb shit and only some agree with you because you are too damn stupid? why yes, sir!

Haha, I love how upset you're getting even when your previous posts prove you never understood what I said to begin with.

So are you saying that the concept of fanboys over-hyping exclusives far more than they do with multiplats is "dumb shit"? Do you just not think that that happens at all? Because that is pretty much the point here.

Maybe you got upset because of the games I chose to illustrate the point? That's what I'm thinking. Maybe somewhere in that skull of yours, you thought this was a slight against MGS. Sorry, but it happened to be the perfect comparison.

I'll try breaking it down simple for you.

MGS4 - Start of a new gen and the game is expected within a couple of years. It's known to be an exclusive. Without even a shred of info, the game is immediately hyped and that hype only builds for years.

MGS5 - Start of a new gen and the game is expected within a couple of years. It's known to be a multiplat. Even with tons of info, trailers and gameplay footage, the hype on this board is luke warm.. almost non-existant.

Cows claim all the time that MGS4 was one of the greatest games of all time. It would be reasonable to assume that if they believed this, they would be on the hype train for the sequel.

Also, just realized, you're probably mad because you think I'm calling out cows. And yes, in a way I am because they're the biggest offenders, but as I said before I know that all fanboys do this shit.

Anyways, you've insulted me out of ignorance and I've made you look like a fool, so even if this does finally click with you I don't expect you to agree at this point.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

The hype is being reserved for The Phantom Pain. D'uh.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

MGS5 is still a year away....why else would they be releasing Ground Zeroes this year? Why hype so far in advance?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

haha why would i hype ground zeroes when its just a demo? mgs5 phantom pain, now that looks a great game but its at least 1 year away

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Steadily losing faith in the MGS franchise and losing any respect for Kojima I once had after seeing the ground zeroes milkage and how CoDified MGS5 actually is. 2 hour demo release at nearly full price. Konami is slowly but surely becoming another EA/Crapcom at this rate. They keep pulling stupid ass stunts like this and the fanbases will inevitably lose interest in the franchise and the franchise will die. Good riddance.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Being a huge metal gear fan (even loved the acid games) the direction Kojima is going with this is worrying. Japanese devs in general are screwing up as they try to figure out ways to stay relevant. It's an awful sight to see since I grew up playing these games.

I just played the Lightning returns demo it was horrible.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Krelian-co said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, been a LONG time since I made a real topic on SW. Forgot how much you have to dumb things down here so that people can understand.

Oh well, at least a few of you got it.

you mean when you post some dumb shit and only some agree with you because you are too damn stupid? why yes, sir!

Haha, I love how upset you're getting even when your previous posts prove you never understood what I said to begin with.

So are you saying that the concept of fanboys over-hyping exclusives far more than they do with multiplats is "dumb shit"? Do you just not think that that happens at all? Because that is pretty much the point here.

Maybe you got upset because of the games I chose to illustrate the point? That's what I'm thinking. Maybe somewhere in that skull of yours, you thought this was a slight against MGS. Sorry, but it happened to be the perfect comparison.

I'll try breaking it down simple for you.

MGS4 - Start of a new gen and the game is expected within a couple of years. It's known to be an exclusive. Without even a shred of info, the game is immediately hyped and that hype only builds for years.

MGS5 - Start of a new gen and the game is expected within a couple of years. It's known to be a multiplat. Even with tons of info, trailers and gameplay footage, the hype on this board is luke warm.. almost non-existant.

Cows claim all the time that MGS4 was one of the greatest games of all time. It would be reasonable to assume that if they believed this, they would be on the hype train for the sequel.

Also, just realized, you're probably mad because you think I'm calling out cows. And yes, in a way I am because they're the biggest offenders, but as I said before I know that all fanboys do this shit.

Anyways, you've insulted me out of ignorance and I've made you look like a fool, so even if this does finally click with you I don't expect you to agree at this point.

you are too dumb to argue with , stop getting mad because you post stupid bs that people already explained to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

To be fair, we know next to nothing about MGS5 for now, and what we know about Ground Zeroes isn't very encouraging, so it figures there wouldn't be as much hype.

Not that I am defending the cows here >.>

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Paying $30-$40 for a 2 hour prologue and are told if it doesn't sell well, the core game will be delayed? **** him.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#63 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

@narutosup said:

Ground Zero is a 2-4 hour game with no multiplayer, who would be excited for that? MGS4 was 15-30 hours + with multiplayer and it was Solid Snake last mission.

Ground Zero is a prequel.

MGS4 was 4-6 hours long. 15 hours with cutscenes.

I'm more hyped about Phantom pain, which appears to be the real game.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11245 Posts

What do you mean there is no hype? I figuratively soiled myself when I saw the Phantom Pain trailer for the first time, and as you see in your OP; MGS4 truly is the greatest game of all time.

I have no doubt that MGS5: PP will be up there among the all time greats.

Ground Zeroes is looking like a AAA $30 "demo"

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@ConanTheStoner: thank you very much. your dude is pretty funny. looks so puzzled and naive.

'yo man i didn't do nothing'

Haha, just found more pics of him. Terrible person, but pretty damn funny looking.

Oh god that's not a hairnet? Hahaha, made my morning man.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ConanTheStoner

@Krelian-co said:

you are too dumb to argue with , stop getting mad because you post stupid bs that people already explained to you.

Yeah, your'e not even speaking English anymore man. And it's pretty clear who is mad here lol

Relax buddy.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@charizard1605

Well I don't blame you for not reading through this mess of a thread, but I explained it earlier.

You see, that's exactly the point. There is no reason to be mega hyped for MGS5 at the moment and it's being treated as it should because it's a multiplat. We've already seen a good amount of gameplay footage and some story segments, we have a good idea of how the game will look and play, but nobody is losing their shit.

On the other hand, MGS4 didn't even have a screenshot out and the hype was already at a fever pitch. This trailer which was built on PS2 hardware that didn't tell us anything about the game at all was enough to get the hype going just because it confirmed the game was a PS3 exclusive. Then we saw tech demo type footage months after that, but we didn't see actual gameplay until almost 2 years later. Even so, there was a ridiculous amount of hype all along.

This thread isn't so much about MGS5 really, it's more about how pathetic it is that fanboys will put so much stock in a game just because it is exclusive. Even if the game looks like crap. I only chose to call out cows because even though every faction does it, they are the worst offenders.

@whiskeystrike said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Haha, just found more pics of him. Terrible person, but pretty damn funny looking.

Oh god that's not a hairnet? Hahaha, made my morning man.

Haha yeah man, it's pretty fucking terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@BigBoss255 said:

MGS4 was the end of the series. There were so many unanswered questions that needed answering.

We know exactly what happens in Ground Zeroes.

MGS3 was the end. I don't acknowledge the POS that is MGS4

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@BigBoss255 said:

MGS4 was the end of the series. There were so many unanswered questions that needed answering.

Agreed. Good to see some things never change. :)

How do you feel about MGS5 so far though? I'm a little hyped man. You know I quit caring about the story after MGS4, so I don't really care what kind of mess they write up now. The gameplay looks legit though. Like they took the good elements of MGS and Splinter Cell and mashed them together.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mozelleple112

@seanmcloughlin said:

@BigBoss255 said:

No. MGS4 is the best metal gear, or game in general, for that matter.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

MGS5 no Hayter, no specific release date, Quite the stripper, see through walls, enemy markers on map, cross-gen release which pretty much guarantees the game will be greatly gimped by the X360's DVD9 and last gen console's overall lack of ram for an open-world game... Meh.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Ground Zeroes is 2 hours long and a Phantom Pain doesn't even have a release date. Impossible to get super hyped for a game that doesn't have a release date. Also unlike MGS4 which was the final tale of Snake's story this game is actually a prequel where we know exactly what happens at the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Wiimotefan said:

How do you feel about MGS5 so far though? I'm a little hyped man. You know I quit caring about the story after MGS4, so I don't really care what kind of mess they write up now. The gameplay looks legit though. Like they took the good elements of MGS and Splinter Cell and mashed them together.

Hyped too. It looks like some crazy over the top stuff at times and the new gameplay changes and world design looks intriguing.

Then again I was hyped before MGS4 came out too and well....

@Mozelleple112 said:

All this reads like is "I've never played other MGS games so I don't know what I'm talking about" because a person who did wouldn't say those things

The controls were better than the others for the most part but overall it was just a big wet fart on the franchise

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Well, for starters...

1. The main mission is rumored to be only 2 hours long.

2. The videos and screens don't look that great.

3. We don't know how much of the 2-hour campaign is cutscenes.

This game does not deserve AAA hype because it clearly won't be a AAA title.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Dumb thread. All multiplats get less hype. And this is still just essentially a demo.

Again, this is a very dumb thread. You should have posting privileges revoked for a day.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@seanmcloughlin:

Damn, I can't believe Mozelleple still pulls this shit lol. Must just be doing it for a reaction.

I agree though, I was also hyped for MGS4 of course. That was insane hype though, I'm keeping myself a bit reserved on this one. As long as the gameplay delivers, It'll be cool.

@Netherscourge:

OP was talking about MGS5. You're talking about a 2 hour demo of the intro mission. A snippet of a snippet. Probably not even 10 percent of the game if this ends up being like most other MGS titles. And seeing as this game will feature a Peace Walker style mission system with base management and recruiting (something that the demo doesn't even touch on) then you're probably looking at a game that is longer than most. MGS 2, 3 and 4 all landed in the 20 - 30 hour range. When you factor in progression like Peace Walker with multiple objectives and special goals, you're looking at about 50 hours at least.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I want MGS5 not an overpriced 2h DLC.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ConanTheStoner

It's funny. I only mentioned MGS5. I never even brought up Ground Zeroes in the OP. I didn't even hint at it. THIS TOPIC WASN'T EVEN ABOUT MGS5 FOR REAL.

If there was ever proof that people in SW don't read anything beyond the title, this topic is it... even though the title doesn't mention Ground Zeroes either.

A quick breakdown of how I assume the thought process went before most of the responses.

"MGS5!.....Squirrel!.... wait, **** Ground Zeroes!"

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Because it's on the PS4, if it was just on the Xbone there would be 10 topics a day on it.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Don't you know they don't buy the game based on quality but based on who's publishing it. In other words they don't love a corporation because it makes quality games, they love the games based on the corporation they dick ride.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mozelleple112

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Wiimotefan said:

Hyped too. It looks like some crazy over the top stuff at times and the new gameplay changes and world design looks intriguing.

Then again I was hyped before MGS4 came out too and well....

@Mozelleple112 said:

All this reads like is "I've never played other MGS games so I don't know what I'm talking about" because a person who did wouldn't say those things

The controls were better than the others for the most part but overall it was just a big wet fart on the franchise

Funny, but I've played every game produced by Hideo Kojima and am probably the biggest Metal Gear fan out there.

MGS4 is the best one, though it didn't feel like a metal gear game at first, I've never been so satisfied playing a game as I was with MGS4.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

If you haven't noticed this place is pretty much a ghost town ... I don't even remember the last time I saw a legit Hype Thread for any game.

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

The game is scheduled for late 2015 release (I think i may have even read 2016 somehwhere) hard to get hyped for a game thats that far away from being finished.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

People are finally tiring of Kojima-san's bullshit.

/thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Mozelleple112 said:

Funny, but I've played every game produced by Hideo Kojima and am probably the biggest Metal Gear fan out there.

MGS4 is the best one, though it didn't feel like a metal gear game at first, I've never been so satisfied playing a game as I was with MGS4.

Then more power to you I guess, it felt like a shambles of a game when I played it

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Krelian-co said:

You are an idiot, mgs5 is still a year from releasing all we get now is a 2h demo.

Must be one of three things. You lack basic comprehension skills, you're in denial, or you simply didn't read anything past the topic title.

No he's right. you're ignorant

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#87  Edited By tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I'm not one for hyping up games but even if I was, this whole Ground Demoes thing is a bunch of bullshit that makes me just want to skip the game entirely. And I love me some MGS.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

Completely agree TC. I have to wonder how many people were actual fans of the series and how many were fanboys. Fanboys wouldn't STFU about MGS4 years before release and years after. Now all of a sudden the hype level for the series is at the noise level of crickets.

And when it does come to release, the only thing people will have to talk about is the frame rate and resolution. Pathetic.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

it was killed by the ground zero 2hr/$40 bs

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

the real hype starts when MGS5: Phantom Pain is close to release.

GZ just a start to how the full game will feel like.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

MGS5 doesn't come out for a year.

Phantom Pain is the real MGS5. GZ is a glorified demo which i will borrow, play in a night and give back to my friend

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jhcho2 said:

Why would there be 'ridiculous hype' for Ground Zeroes which is little more than 2 hours long.....or Phantom Pain which has an unannounced release date?

I never brought up Ground Zeroes. It's funny watching you guys try to deflect the obvious here.

MGS4 didn't have a release date or even a screen shot when the killer hype started, and it was getting killer hype for 3 years straight leading up to release.

You see, that's the point. You're right, there shouldn't be ridiculous hype. Unlike it's predecessors, MGS5 is being treated as a regular game.

This topic isn't even so much about MGS5, this just happens to be a great example of how stupid the majority of fanboys are regarding exclusives.

I know it couldn't happen, but if Naughty Dogs games went multiplat you would suddenly see a decline in all the cheerleading for their games.

Maybe because Ground Zero is called MGS5: Ground Zero. lol!! So everyone thinks that's what you were talking about because it's part of MGS5 and it's coming out soon. There is absolutely no real info for MGS5: The Phantom Pain since it's over a year from release. There's not going to be any hype for that game right now.

I could actually see more hype for Uncharted 4, as it will probably come out before MGS5: TPP. Still both games are a long ways out. I can't see anyone hyping those games right now.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I guess for me it would be because I have kinda grown bored with the series.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

Then more power to you I guess, it felt like a shambles of a game when I played it

your loss, to me MGS4 was one of the best games i have ever played, i adore the entire series and cannot wait for Phantom pain, although recent news for GroundZeroes has pissed me off.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#95 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

I thought it was a good game, but definitely the worst of the series, especially story-wise. It seemed like Kojima was just winging it as far as the plot was concerned.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

I've played all of them, including the first two MG games. I think it is one of the best, so your statement is wrong. I think you need to get up, walk out of your shed, and into your mom's backyard to get some air. Being cooped up in a doll house for so long is making you think your opinion is fact.