MGS V(Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes) coming to PC

#201 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4796 posts) -

Well...today is a big win for PC gaming.

#202 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@napo_sp said:

LMAO that was one funny hell of tease.

Probably the best reveal in a long time

OMG....gimme a break.

What?

#203 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6246 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

I've only ever played MGS2(PS2) and the MGS3 demo (3DS) and MGS4 demo (PS3)

I've never actually owned any game in the series. I might start with this then.

Start with MGS1 and MGS2 imo

#204 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

OMG....gimme a break.

Someones upset.

I was so upset, I shaved the word "fuck" into my cat.

I promise.

Cause I'm all upset and stuff.

#205 Edited by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

OMG....gimme a break.

Someones upset.

I promise.

what exactly was the issue?

#206 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Someones upset.

I promise.

Good lord, lostrib...you really don't like when ppl don't talk to you.

He said I was upset just b/c thats the cool thing to do.....and I told him I was so upset that I did something ridiculous.

I know....a gripping story....but you asked.

#207 Posted by Krelian-co (11155 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Someones upset.

I promise.

He said I was upset just b/c thats the cool thing to do.....and I told him I was so upset that I did something ridiculous.

but you do sound upset :(

#208 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

but you do sound upset :(

So do you.

But I'm not making a big deal about it.

#209 Posted by uninspiredcup (8893 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

OMG....gimme a break.

Someones upset.

I promise.

The harder you try, the more obviose it is.

#210 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Someones upset.

I promise.

Which was in response to you stating "OMG...gimmee a break"

so what exactly was the issue you had?

#211 Edited by danjammer69 (4120 posts) -

@MonsieurX:

OMG, such awesome news.

HNNNNNGGGGG.....squirt.....ahhhhh

......Zzzzzzz

#212 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3573 posts) -

Did you guys read comments on youtube video of gamespot .? Hilarious .

#213 Edited by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol, the series was never Playstation exclusive. And Kojima said a while ago he wanted to make the game on PC

#214 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3573 posts) -

@lostrib :

Not to mention , initial Pax reveal demo , which was running on actual Windows 7 PC .

#215 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (734 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium:

Damn those consolite tears, knowing one of the most beloved console exclusive franchises will be better on the PC.

#216 Posted by BldgIrsh (2683 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Kojima wanting to make money is a bad thing xP God sometimes these comments are hilarious.

#217 Edited by NoodleFighter (7085 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Man this is just priceless

#218 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Ok, but before we play it we have to read up on the story or something because right now I couldn't give 2 shits about MGS, I don't understand fuck all about what's going on in those games.

This being a game about Big Boss, you'd really only have to look at what he was in and before this game takes place. In chronological order, these are

• MGS3
  • Portable Ops (heard it's somewhat canon but may not be essential)
  • Peacewalker
  • Ground Zeroes (which is the prologue to V)
#219 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

I remember ps4hasnogames and amazonangry recently claiming that best games were on console,and included MGS V in their lists,ownage

There is also a user with a fugly woman in his avatar but he also lists FFXV also and some idiot with a huge tummy.

#222 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@Cloud_imperium:

Damn those consolite tears, knowing one of the most beloved console exclusive franchises will be better on the PC.

Seeing as how I've already played MGSV:GZ on my PS4....that is a false statement.

I actually coudn't imagin playing this game on PC.

It felt right in every way.

#223 Edited by Weird_Jerk (594 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog: You could probably use a DS4 on the pc version as well, just like FFXIV and a few others. The only difference then would just be the shinier graphics and possibly a higher / more stable framerate. I was actually really looking forward to a pc release of this game as Kojima did say that he would like to bring Phantom Pain to pc.

This was pretty much the only game I was looking forward to buying for consoles other than Zelda and maybe SSB, so I may just be PC&WiiU this gen. Hopefully some other announcements will change my mind (but if the rumor of Mirror's Edge 2 as an Xbone exclusive is true, I'd probably just wait for its exclusivity to run out).

#224 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5581 posts) -

@handssss said:

@parkurtommo said:

Ok, but before we play it we have to read up on the story or something because right now I couldn't give 2 shits about MGS, I don't understand fuck all about what's going on in those games.

This being a game about Big Boss, you'd really only have to look at what he was in and before this game takes place. In chronological order, these are

• MGS3
  • Portable Ops (heard it's somewhat canon but may not be essential)
  • Peacewalker
  • Ground Zeroes (which is the prologue to V)

Kojima says that in the big picture, Portable Ops is canon, but not some of the smaller events and details within it. Of course that's pretty vague. There are some aspects that are so out of place with the rest of the timeline that we have ideas on what might not count Frank Jaeger being older, meeting Big Boss earlier, and having one hell of a shitty bastardized back story re-write, but of course nobody knows for sure.

That said, Portable Ops is a shit game all around. Weak story and shitty gameplay handled by a B-team. Luckily, you can just watch the story on Youtube. You get to enjoy the best part of the game, Ashley Woods art work, while digesting the story.

But yeah, agreed on the other 3.

MGS3 has gotten a bit clunky with age, but it's still a bad ass game all around.

Peace Walker is fun, addictive and gives you a rough idea of the mission structure and base building elements of MGSV

Ground Zeroes gives you a thorough preview of how the core of MGSV will play... which I gotta say, it plays pretty fucking awesome and they've only been making improvements since.

Of course there will be tie ins to the games that are further in the timeline, but probably nothing too major.

#225 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1749 posts) -

It will sell more on PS4. Cant imagine playing MGSV on a PC.

#226 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5581 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

Yeah, I'm guessing the sales will go PS3>PS4>PC=360>/=Xbone..

That said, I bought a PS4 for MGSV and I can't imagine NOT getting the PC version instead. Of course I'll wait for the reviews to roll in, but it's pretty safe to assume that it'll be the superior version. Those early Fox Engine jungle shots running off the PC looked awesome.

#227 Edited by scatteh316 (4958 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: PC with an emulator is the best place to enjoy the MGS series, not play station.

#228 Posted by superbuuman (2892 posts) -

Great news :)

#229 Posted by Gue1 (10186 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc doesn't need animoo movie games.

Take it back.

be glad you'll have something nice to play on shitty pc thanks to consoles.

#230 Posted by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

Well if you have a DS4, I imagine playing it on PC would be just about the same

#231 Posted by Motokid6 (5703 posts) -

@Gue1: "something nice to play"

Pc has got that covered MGS or not.

#232 Edited by istreakforfood (7749 posts) -

No way he is being serious. If he isn't, then it's just sad.

#233 Edited by lostrib (37484 posts) -

@istreakforfood: there were people who sent death threats over FF13 being on 360

#234 Posted by gameofthering (10306 posts) -

I don't understand those that wish for others not to experience other games.

#235 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

It's amazing how many people are saying they don't need a new console now. if you are a big PC gamer then the XB1 may be pointless as MS will eventually whore out all there exclusives to the PC. But the PS4 has many games that will never make it to any other platform.

SCE has published games on PC in the past like MS. Just saying. :D

#236 Posted by MonsieurX (30407 posts) -

@amazonangry pleasde show psn ID

#237 Edited by AM-Gamer (4028 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: Only MMOs. And they even made then cross platform. It's nowhere near how MS does it.

#238 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: Only MMOs. And they even made then cross platform. It's nowhere near how MS does it.

Wrong. Twisted Metal, Jet Moto back in 1995/96 from the top of my head, actually pretty much all games from the PS1 era. I knew you wouldn't know that. Just like MS did it with their first console.

#239 Posted by AM-Gamer (4028 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: Lmao how is games that came out almost 20 years ago relevant now? SCE was a thirdy party publisher before they built consoles.

Uncharted,TLOU,GT,God of War, Jax and Daxter, Ratchet and clank,Infamous, KZ, Resistance , Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, ICO, SOC.

None of those games were brought to PC. And anything from the PS3 and beyond isn't even playable. Can you name me anywhere near the Xbox exclusive that stayed with MS. This is there 3rd console and they still whore there games out to the pc.

#240 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: Lmao how is games that came out almost 20 years ago relevant now? SCE was a thirdy party publisher before they built consoles.

Uncharted,TLOU,GT,God of War, Jax and Daxter, Ratchet and clank,Infamous, KZ, Resistance , Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, ICO, SOC.

None of those games were brought to PC. And anything from the PS3 and beyond isn't even playable. Can you name me anywhere near the Xbox exclusive that stayed with MS. This is there 3rd console and they still whore there games out to the pc.

During PS1 they were the Third Party Publisher?Your idiocy knows no bounds.

Anyway, relax, you cows are so insecure, sony isn't bringing their games to PC. At least I hope so, for every cows sake.

#241 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

Consolites am cry.

#242 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:

Nintendo had MGS first. MGS was also on PC as well when it was on the ps1.

These people just have mad cow disease.

#243 Posted by AM-Gamer (4028 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Anyway, relax, you cows are so insecure, sony isn't bringing their games to PC. At least I hope so, for every cows sake.

I know reading isn't your strong point. But if you notice the workd "BEFORE" stuck in the first line. Perhaps you should look up what that word means? SCE published multiple games for the SNES before the PS1 was released. A handful of PS1 games coming to the PC in the mid 90s has nothing to do with what ive said. Its just more irrelvant bullshit by you yet again.

You were the one that brought up this ridiculous claim and acted like Sony somehow whored there games out to the PC like MS did. When in fact its not even close. My point still stands the PS brand has plenty of reasons to own it as they will not whore any of there games out to the pc anytime soon. Meanwhile MS has lost 2 exclusives in less then a year already on the XB1.

#244 Edited by AM-Gamer (4028 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:@Cloud_imperium said: Did you guys read comments on youtube video of gamespot .? Hilarious .

Nintendo had MGS first. MGS was also on PC as well when it was on the ps1.

These people just have mad cow disease.

No Nintendo didnt have MGS first. It had the orginal Metal Gear but it was a over the top shooter with very little story. It wasnt till MGS came out for the PS1 where the series became basically what it is today. People can blabber about all they want but the PS brand has normaly had priority on the MGS series. MGS didnt come to pc for quite awhile, MGS2 was exclusive for about a year. MGS3 didnt come to any other platform for years. MGS4 still isnt on any platform other then the PS3. So although the series has been available on other platforms it was a series that rose to success on Playstation. Much like Tekken, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil. Game developement is expensive and the platforms all have very simlilar developer tools so it is logical that they will bring it to other platforms. But to act like the Playstation brand didn't put MGS where it is today is ludicrous.

#245 Posted by IgGy621985 (4816 posts) -

I'm not particularly excited about the game mostly because MGS "weirdness".

On the one hand you have an AI that "adapts to your behavior" during the game, and all kinds of realism, but on the other hand you have that cardbox, a balloon that sends goats and people to ever present airplane, and vehicles that spin out because your horse crapped on the road.

Yeah, yeah, it's all part of the MGS universe, but personally, I don't like it.

#246 Posted by Suppaman100 (3935 posts) -

I'm happy for hermits, now they'll finally have a game worth playing.

#247 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -
@IgGy621985 said:

I'm not particularly excited about the game mostly because MGS "weirdness".

On the one hand you have an AI that "adapts to your behavior" during the game, and all kinds of realism, but on the other hand you have that cardbox, a balloon that sends goats and people to ever present airplane, and vehicles that spin out because your horse crapped on the road.

Yeah, yeah, it's all part of the MGS universe, but personally, I don't like it.

I know what you mean, It's OK to add humour to a game as long as it's not over done, making it a central part to the game play just takes all the immersion and seriousness away from the story. The cardboard box thing I don't care about because you don't have to use it, it's optional. The balloon thing does not seem to be optional.

Saying that I'm sure there will be PC mods to remove it and replace it with just tagging for extraction.

#248 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I know reading isn't your strong point. But if you notice the workd "BEFORE" stuck in the first line. Perhaps you should look up what that word means? SCE published multiple games for the SNES before the PS1 was released. A handful of PS1 games coming to the PC in the mid 90s has nothing to do with what ive said. Its just more irrelvant bullshit by you yet again.

You were the one that brought up this ridiculous claim and acted like Sony somehow whored there games out to the PC like MS did. When in fact its not even close. My point still stands the PS brand has plenty of reasons to own it as they will not whore any of there games out to the pc anytime soon. Meanwhile MS has lost 2 exclusives in less then a year already on the XB1.

I was talking specifically about the PS1 days, what does that have to do with anything they did before, you dumb dumb? I know it's too much to ask for someone with an IQ level in the negative scale.

#249 Posted by AM-Gamer (4028 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I was talking specifically about the PS1 days, what does that have to do with anything they did before, you dumb dumb? I know it's too much to ask for someone with an IQ level in the negative scale.

You were talking specifically about PS1 days because I owned your dumb ass yet again. You tried to argue with me about something and then brought up games Sony ported to the PC 20 years ago like it was somehow relevant? Its funny because you never name all those Xbox exclusives that stayed exclusive. You wouldn't even be able to name half of the titles I named. Instead you talked about how Sony released some games on PC back in the PS1 days. And you know why what they did before the PS1 days was relvant dumbass? Because they were a third party publisher that had no intent of going into the hardware industry. Nintendo screwed them on the CD upgrade for the SNES so they decided to make there own console. They didn't see the PC as any competition so they relesed a few titles for the paltform. But somehow you focused on that instead of the argument that mattered which is for about the past 10 years MS has whored about about every exclusive they have ever had to the pc while Sony has kept all of theres.

Im done responding to you yet again as you spin more irrlevant bullshit into your argument

#250 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

You were talking specifically about PS1 days because I owned your dumb ass yet again. You tried to argue with me about something and then brought up games Sony ported to the PC 20 years ago like it was somehow relevant? Its funny because you never name all those Xbox exclusives that stayed exclusive. You wouldn't even be able to name half of the titles I named. Instead you talked about how Sony released some games on PC back in the PS1 days. And you know why what they did before the PS1 days was relvant dumbass? Because they were a third party publisher that had no intent of going into the hardware industry. Nintendo screwed them on the CD upgrade for the SNES so they decided to make there own console. They didn't see the PC as any competition so they relesed a few titles for the paltform. But somehow you focused on that instead of the argument that mattered which is for about the past 10 years MS has whored about about every exclusive they have ever had to the pc while Sony has kept all of theres.

Im done responding to you yet again as you spin more irrlevant bullshit into your argument

Yup, bookmark this thread also how you owned my ass, because you most definitely did. And yes, I was specifically talking about the PS1 days from the very first post because I wrote SCE not Sony Imageworks. SCE was formed to publish games exclusively for PS brand, well not exclusive, since it also published games on PC. But it was formed after the Playstation barnd and console was launched. So, who's the dumbo now? :P