MGS V: Ground Zeroes X1 vs PS4 HD Video Comparison

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by vickissv2 (1704 posts) -
#2 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

PS4 looks much better

#3 Posted by Gatman32 (427 posts) -

@tyloss: What?

Yep, you're a fanboy. You cant tell the difference.

#4 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

@Gatman32:

You're right. You can't tell the difference in a compressed video online. You can immediately tell the difference playing these games in person though.

The X1 version doesn't look bad at all. It actually looks really nice. But not only is the PS4 version rendering over double the pixel amount of the X1 version, it also has noticeably better lighting and pretty much no jaggies... it seems the textures look better too, but that could just be due to the benefit of the lighting and higher screen resolution.

But you don't have to take my word for it. You could just as easily get the same response from everyone else who has seen both versions and if that's not enough, you could just listen to the developer who said it himself.

I'm usually annoyed when people bicker about minute differences between multiplats, but there is a clear winner in this case.

#5 Posted by Guy_Brohski (266 posts) -

Textures, particles, frame rate and lighting effects seem exactly the same between both new consoles. The XboxOne is a little brighter though, that's the only difference I see here.

#6 Posted by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

Haven't played the game but reviewers have said the PS4 is better.

#7 Edited by princeofshapeir (13599 posts) -

The game is gorgeous, no matter what platform. The PS4 version is obviously the best, but you won't be missing out even if you can only play this on PS3.

One thing about Metal Gear: the visuals from trailers are the real deal. No bullshit; no Ubisoft-tier downgrades. What you see is what you get.

#8 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3164 posts) -
#9 Posted by Epak_ (6760 posts) -

@Guy_Brohski: Also most of the minute details seem to vanish on the Xbone version due to the lower resolution.

#10 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28309 posts) -

n4g? no thank you.

#11 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28309 posts) -
#12 Posted by stationplay_4 (442 posts) -

ps4 wins again.

#13 Posted by blamix99 (1532 posts) -

There won't be a single game this gen that will look better on X1

#14 Posted by Krelian-co (9975 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

are you tellling me teh cloud (tm) was a lie?!!

#15 Edited by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

Kojima clearly didn't give two shits about X1 version,duh

#16 Posted by blamix99 (1532 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

are you tellling me teh cloud (tm) was a lie?!!

just knock on my door when there is one

#17 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

Kojima clearly didn't give two shits about X1 version,duh

Nah, the system is just underpowered. Not even DX12 will close the gap. It will be the same as before. Resolution Gate will continue. Be ready to enjoy that poverty resolution (sub HD) that you will soon get