Metroid Prime 3 --- It will be much shorter than MP1 and MP2. Count on it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

This game has had like 2 delays already. I think Retro Studios is trying their very best to make the controls as good as possible. However, this is going to effect the length of the game. Concentrating most of their efforts on the control while neglecting other aspects of the game. Plus, the game is rumored not to have near as much backtracking. I'm thinking that the 1st playthrough of the game may be only 8 hours max.

Yes, this is another AvidGamer prediction, and yes...I have a crystal ball and a magic 8-ball.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Someone call Miss Cleo. She has some competition.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts

The 2nd delay was supposed to be to polish the levels up. Having less backtracking is a good thing since so much time is wasted doing that.

Granted I'm an old school Metroid fan, and I liked how speed was emphasized in the 2D Metriods to get the best endings. If they ever do a 3D Metriod again, I'd rather they create it so that the game can be completed in around an hour in a speed run.

rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts

This game has had like 2 delays already. I think Retro Studios is trying their very best to make the controls as good as possible. However, this is going to effect the length of the game. Concentrating most of their efforts on the control while neglecting other aspects of the game. Plus, the game is rumored not to have near as much backtracking. I'm thinking that the 1st playthrough of the game may be only 8 hours max.

Yes, this is another AvidGamer prediction, and yes...I have a crystal ball and a magic 8-ball.

AvIdGaMeR444

im thinking ur crystall ball is actually wworking:D

NOT!!:roll:

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Oh boy, the twentieth "prediction" by Avidgamer. This should be stimulating.:roll: If there isn't going to be multi-player, then the single player will be longer. That much is obvious. And how do you know that they are only working on controls?
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

Good. One of the things I hate about Metroid Prime is that none of the puzzles are apparent. You have to go find everything yourself without any hints or guides whatsoever.

Not that I find that extremely challenging, it just takes forever.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
lol, 8 hours. :|
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

I predict that it'll be just as long or longer. The entire team doesn't work on control, what does a level designer or artist have to do with control? Absolutely nothing.

:)

NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

making the controls work well will effect the length of the game even though they've had an extra year to work on it?

WTF?

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

I predict that it'll be just as long or longer. The entire team doesn't work on control, what does a level designer or artist have to do with control? Absolutely nothing.

-RPGamer-
Winner.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

Yeah the games gonna be great. The Play magazine description of how smooth a learning curve and level design really upped my hype for the game. It sounds like it has a perfect difficulty and flow. But 8 hours? The orginal had about 20 hours give or take a few, and this wraps up the series so it HAS to at least be that length if not longer.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

:|

A monkey could make good FPS controls for the Wii, the delays have clearly been for other aspects of the gameplay. And 8 hours??... :|

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
I really hope they keep the Ridley boss battle I got to experience in the game, amazing design choice!
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
one could say the same thing about hd graphics for 360/ps3 games.
rey06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 rey06
Member since 2006 • 2699 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

PBSnipes

Winner.

TC got owned :lol:
Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grasshopper_12
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

AvIdGaMeR444
Ooh, ooh! what does the crystal ball say about my future :D
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
yep shortest and worst game ever
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
yep shortest and worst game evertree-branch
That saved me 50 bucks. Or in my case that lost Blockbuster 7 bucks.
Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grasshopper_12
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

yep shortest and worst game evertree-branch
I disagree. If it's anything like the first 2, I think It's money well spent :)

*EDIT* w00t! 100 posts!

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

I really hope they keep the Ridley boss battle I got to experience in the game, amazing design choice!-RPGamer-

Well it was shown in the latest screen shots and better looking so Im guessing its still there, I doubt they would work on it if it wasnt going to be in the game.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
wasn't this the guy that claimed it wasn't coming out until 08 and then was owned to hell for it?
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
8 hours! :lol:
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I hate your threads. :evil:
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
wasn't this the guy that claimed it wasn't coming out until 08 and then was owned to hell for it?Blackbond
In fact he "guareented" that MP3, SMG and SSBB would all be 2008 titles. I think he said SSBB would be late 2008 too.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Weren't you the one complaining about them already having the controls working back at last E3?

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/features/119708.shtml

This game was supposed to be out earlier. What prompted the delay, and what did the extra time allow you?

Well, there was never a set date for the game's release, but there was a target date. Mr. [Satoru] Iwata [President of Nintendo] challenged us last fall to make this equal to, if not exceeding, the Zelda experience. And he said he would support it by giving us more time. It was, "Here's the bar. What is it going to take to reach it?" And the obvious answer was, "Well, we're going to need more time." And he agreed.

So it's all your fault....

Ha! Well, you'll reap the rewards, I'll guarantee.

As for what we added, that's kind of a tough question. I can't say, from a geometry standpoint, that we added this room or we added that boss. It wasn't a matter of "We have to add this element." We had the foundation of the game, it was more the cIassic Nintendo scenario of refinements and polish. So what we now have is an extremely polished, extremely tight experience.GamePro Article

And as for length... I could care less, if I can replay the game multiple times then the length will have no bearing on how much fun the game is.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nitric
Member since 2003 • 13328 Posts
Isn't hard to do when the first two iterations were total trash.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
Considering the game is ona full DVD instead of the mini DVDs the GC used, I see no reason for the game having less content.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Isn't hard to do when the first two iterations were total trash.Nitric

Wow you're so smart. Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 were both AAA and Metroid Prime won a GOTY. Tell me. How many times has Halo won GOTY at Gamespot?

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Considering the game is ona full DVD instead of the mini DVDs the GC used, I see no reason for the game having less content.iunderstand

That is definitely true. I wonder how many Nintendo games suffered because of this... I mean maybe WW, TP and MP fall into this example. If they did... I wonder what they would do with the next Zelda or in this case MP3.

It may not be much, but the possibility is definitely there that such a case could have hindered some of those games... even tho in the end they were high quality titles.