Metro: Redux coming for PS4 and Xbox One

• 82 results
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -
#2 Posted by LadyBlue (3722 posts) -

Previous box art was more badass.

#3 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

The boxart should say it includes 2 games.

Now it just looks like only 2033 is included.

I think it's very nice though. If more people get to play these games, and with better graphics and a higher res, than it will be a good thing.

#4 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2544 posts) -

Boring game. Got it on PC and it's a chore to play.

#5 Edited by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

A chore?

#6 Posted by LadyBlue (3722 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I think it's very nice though. If more people get to play these games, and with better graphics and a higher res, than it will be a good thing.

Didn't know it included two games.

#7 Edited by jake44 (1908 posts) -

Cool, I guess.

#8 Posted by naforaty (7 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: Agreed. Metro 2033 kind of sucks honestly. It got poor reviews too, it only got attention because of its graphics which weren't that great in my opinion. Last Light is better bit still overrated.

I wonder how they will perform on the new consoles. My guess is 1080p 30fps. Still pretty demanding games for modern PC's. I'd honestly be pretty surprised if the Xbone version is in 1080p.

#9 Posted by Heil68 (42691 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

me either?

Just read it:

Metro: Redux will include a remastered version of Metro: 2033 and Last Light for the next-generation consoles for $50.

#10 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

See, the confusion has already begun. Very bad box art.

Most game boxarts would jump at the ability to put "two full games" on there, even if it's like only one game and some DLC XD

#11 Posted by LadyBlue (3722 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@ladyblue said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

me either?

Just read it:

Metro: Redux will include a remastered version of Metro: 2033 and Last Light for the next-generation consoles for $50.

Thats a very good price.

#12 Edited by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@ladyblue said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

me either?

Just read it:

Just added that part to the OP

#13 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Thats a very good price.

Agreed, though you could get the games for cheaper in a steam or other PC store sale, however if your hardware is not up to snuff and you have a current gen console (that doesn't start with W and ends with U) than you'll be getting 2 great games for a good price.

If it also comes with all the DLC, than it would be even better.

#14 Edited by LadyBlue (3722 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ladyblue said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

See, the confusion has already begun. Very bad box art.

Most game boxarts would jump at the ability to put "two full games" on there, even if it's like only one game and some DLC XD

ls it possible to make a good box art with two games in the cover? Tonguesmiley

#15 Posted by Blabadon (25233 posts) -

Really old news

#16 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1849 posts) -

is new metro direct sequel and begins right after first?

#17 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2544 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

A chore?

Eh yeah. As in I really had to get my head in to gear to be remotely interested in it. About the dullest game I can think of.

#18 Posted by clone01 (24178 posts) -

Okay. Sniper would have fun with this, but I think he's in the penalty bin.

#19 Edited by NFJSupreme (5028 posts) -

Need to finish this game for my pc

#20 Edited by clone01 (24178 posts) -

Okay. Sniper would have fun with this, but I think he's in the penalty bin.

#21 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

ls it possible to make a good box art with two games in the cover?

Hmmm, good question. What do you think of these ?

But the GOW franchise switched it around, and have a way more good looking boxart and an emblem on there saying how many games are included:

I'm personally a bigger fan of the last two. The artwork comes off way better when it's not cut in two and there is just an emblem telling you what you're getting.

So just some Metro artwork and an emblem or something that says: "2 full games + all DLC"

#22 Edited by Animal-Mother (26224 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

It'll be nice to play a hopefully more stable console/PC port of 2033 game was awesome but had some bugs/issues

#23 Posted by madskills6117 (4021 posts) -

I'll probably pick it up. I liked Last Light more then 2033 but enjoyed both games nonetheless.

#24 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4077 posts) -

is new metro direct sequel and begins right after first?

I don't know the exact time frame, but Last Light takes place shortly after 2033 and you're the same person. So it's definitely a direct sequel.

#25 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

It'll be nice to play a hopefully more stable console/PC port of 2033 game was awesome but had some bugs/issues

True, the game was pretty demanding at launch, resulting in not a lot of people being able to enjoy it to its fullest.

But modern hardware can play it fine. Perhaps not max it out at very high resolutions, but turning down some small things does allow you to play at highest settings at a stable framerate.

Perhaps for the people that played 2033 on lower settings on PC, and have then switched to consoles, this will also be worth checking out :)

#26 Edited by LadyBlue (3722 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ladyblue said:

But the GOW franchise switched it around, and have a way more good looking boxart and an emblem on there saying how many games are included:

I'm personally a bigger fan of the last two. The artwork comes off way better when it's not cut in two and there is just an emblem telling you what you're getting.

So just some Metro artwork and an emblem or something that says: "2 full games + all DLC"

Those two bathesda covers look horrible, though not worse than some of the GOTY editions. lol

The first god of war collection looks very good. Saga, and the vita are solid.

#27 Posted by Animal-Mother (26224 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Animal-Mother said:

True, the game was pretty demanding at launch, resulting in not a lot of people being able to enjoy it to its fullest.

But modern hardware can play it fine. Perhaps not max it out at very high resolutions, but turning down some small things does allow you to play at highest settings at a stable framerate.

Perhaps for the people that played 2033 on lower settings on PC, and have then switched to consoles, this will also be worth checking out :)

I played it on both 360/PC when it released. While it wasn't butt ugly when it released you could tell it was a compromised vision of the PC version.

When the PC version behaved well it was really great. I got to play it on at least medium at like 40-50 FPS and had a blast.

My biggest problem however was I ran into the gas mask bug both times ( You couldn't take the gas mask off for more then half the game :P )
But nonetheless i'll pick this up. I like what they've done with the series and if you have LL on PC I suggest you read Metro 2033 the book it came with pretty solid stuff.

#28 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Those two bathesda covers look horrible, though not worse than some of the GOTY editions. lol

The first god of war collection looks very good. Saga, and the vita are solid.

Yeah, I agree. The first two would be the equivalent of ripping a painting in two and using the bottom half of another painting to slap it on it.

Boxarts are made by artists and shouldn't be just cut in two like that.

I played it on both 360/PC when it released. While it wasn't butt ugly when it released you could tell it was a compromised vision of the PC version.

When the PC version behaved well it was really great. I got to play it on at least medium at like 40-50 FPS and had a blast.

My biggest problem however was I ran into the gas mask bug both times ( You couldn't take the gas mask off for more then half the game :P )

But nonetheless i'll pick this up. I like what they've done with the series and if you have LL on PC I suggest you read Metro 2033 the book it came with pretty solid stuff.

I don't think I played it at launch but when I did get it I also got to play it at around medium settings.

Finished it recently at highest settings, with perhaps a few small things like AA turned down for better perfomance and it still looked great. Though a bit too much indoors, luckily that is something which Last Light fixes and it's not like I can complain about the setting when it's about people living in a metro.

Never encountered that bug. Did it mean you would chock if you ran out of filters ?

I really do mean to check out the books. I really like the story of the Metro games, but especially the setting. And I would like to read 2034 and how it compares to 4As vision of the sequel :P

#29 Posted by Animal-Mother (26224 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

I don't think I played it at launch but when I did get it I also got to play it at around medium settings.

Finished it recently at highest settings, with perhaps a few small things like AA turned down for better perfomance and it still looked great. Though a bit too much indoors, luckily that is something which Last Light fixes and it's not like I can complain about the setting when it's about people living in a metro.

Never encountered that bug. Did it mean you would chock if you ran out of filters ?

I really do mean to check out the books. I really like the story of the Metro games, but especially the setting. And I would like to read 2034 and how it compares to 4As vision of the sequel :P

No it was just a bug if you happened to find yourself indoors coming from an outdoor area with the gas mask on it just wouldn't come off.

No amount of resetting, re-loading, yada yada would not fix it until you hit the next cutscene which would correct it. I'm assuming it's fixed now considering it's been a long while since I played 2033

#30 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3795 posts) -

lol

#31 Posted by gameofthering (9978 posts) -

I've got the first one on Steam but I've played it for around an hour. It just doesn't seem to be capturing my attention.

#32 Edited by lostrib (31771 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ladyblue said:

God of War Saga wins

or the alternate version:

#33 Edited by lostrib (31771 posts) -

I just got Metro 2033 from the humble bundle this week, so any bets if it will look better on my PC or on the PS4?

#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

@lostrib said:

God of War Saga wins

Tell me that's on the backside and you can flip the print :O

Don't you hate being a PC gamer ? You get all these awesome deals on games, but you know where the price cut is coming from: you don't get to look at amazing boxarts anymore :(

#35 Posted by lostrib (31771 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

God of War Saga wins

Tell me that's on the backside and you can flip the print :O

Don't you hate being a PC gamer ? You get all these awesome deals on games, but you know where the price cut is coming from: you don't get to look at amazing boxarts anymore :(

yeah it's the back side of the box art

As a PC gamer, the benefits outweigh any boxart

#36 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

No it was just a bug if you happened to find yourself indoors coming from an outdoor area with the gas mask on it just wouldn't come off.

No amount of resetting, re-loading, yada yada would not fix it until you hit the next cutscene which would correct it. I'm assuming it's fixed now considering it's been a long while since I played 2033

I think it was pretty uncommon, so even if they didn't fix it, the chance of you running into it again is very slim.

Though it would definitely suck if you did. Though I did like the gas mask mechanic, and it always makes people look more badass like the one in your avatar, it's not fun that you aren't seeing parts of your screen most of the time.

@lostrib said:

I just got Metro 2033 from the humble bundle this week, so any bets if it will look better on my PC or on the PS4?

I wanna give 4A the benefit of the doubt, because I think they are great devs, and say they will make the console versions look even better. But even if they did that, which most re-releases don't, the difference would be minimal.

Just play Metro and Saints Row already :P

#37 Posted by 7MDMA (198 posts) -
@lostrib said:

PS4 version will be the equivalent of the Tomb Raider 'definitive' edition. That means, worse.

#38 Posted by LadyBlue (3722 posts) -

@lostrib said:

l think you know the answer to that question.

#39 Posted by lostrib (31771 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I think it was pretty uncommon, so even if they didn't fix it, the chance of you running into it again is very slim.

Though it would definitely suck if you did. Though I did like the gas mask mechanic, and it always makes people look more badass like the one in your avatar, it's not fun that you aren't seeing parts of your screen most of the time.

@lostrib said:

I wanna give 4A the benefit of the doubt, because I think they are great devs, and say they will make the console versions look even better. But even if they did that, which most re-releases don't, the difference would be minimal.

Just play Metro and Saints Row already :P

I just started SR2 last night and it hasn't imploded on itself yet :P

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (38252 posts) -

where am mi

#41 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3795 posts) -
@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

yeap

#42 Posted by getyeryayasout (6906 posts) -

Sounds good. I'd played but not finished the first game on 360 and have Last Light on PS3 thanks to Plus, but have barely touched it. Getting snazzy versions of both games for PS4 at a discount sounds like a bargain to me.

#43 Posted by coasterguy65 (5741 posts) -

I'll grab it when the price drops some. Not in a rush to pay $50 for "remastered" versions of games I already own on the Xbox 360 and Steam, and could buy for around $30 in the store.

#44 Posted by lostrib (31771 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@lostrib said:

yeap

WiiU?

#45 Posted by wis3boi (30908 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

A chore?

he couldn't run and gun and conserving ammo and supplies required actual thought

#46 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2544 posts) -
@7mdma said:
@lostrib said:

PS4 version will be the equivalent of the Tomb Raider 'definitive' edition. That means, worse.

Yep. The word of 7mdma means it's how it is.

#47 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2544 posts) -
@wis3boi said:

@MonsieurX said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

A chore?

he couldn't run and gun and conserving ammo and supplies required actual thought

Hello wis3obi, nice to talk to you first time. I simply just dislike the game. I can't get into it. I'm sorry if this offends you in any way.

#48 Posted by donalbane (16139 posts) -

I enjoyed the hell out of it. I wonder how this version holds up to the PC version.... like what settings.

#49 Edited by lamprey263 (22456 posts) -

Hopefully they fix a lot of things form 2033, not just give it a visual enhancement, better hit detection for the lurkers would be a welcome change of things. It would also be nice to be able to reliably scavenge air filters in the same locations in the game, as when I played it things tended to randomly allow you to pick up air filters in certain locations; not sure if randomized or based on users air filter time when they try to scavenge.

#50 Edited by wis3boi (30908 posts) -

Hopefully they fix a lot of things form 2033, not just give it a visual enhancement, better hit detection for the lurkers would be a welcome change of things. It would also be nice to be able to reliably scavenge air filters in the same locations in the game, as when I played it things tended to randomly allow you to pick up air filters in certain locations; not sure if randomized or based on users air filter time when they try to scavenge.

loot is based on difficulty