Metro: Last Light Canceled for Wii U Due to Horrible, Slow GPU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nekrothing (387 posts) -

Much hasnt been said about the specs side of things, however. Sure, the system was ripped open and some menial information acquired, but that doesnt mean much when one simply wants to see what games can be made on the platform. Well, the developers of a previously-confirmed game for the system, 4A Games, has decided to pull their port of Metro: Last Light from Nintendos latest system. The reason? The Wii U has a horrible, slow GPU.

source

#2 Posted by RR360DD (13001 posts) -
:lol: This is too good to be true
#3 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
CPU, not GPU.
#4 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Because THQ has no money.
#5 Posted by silversix_ (15762 posts) -
Wasn't this being said already? Anyway, that's how Nintendo sees it, release 06 specs (or worst in some cases) at the end of 2012. Don't expect any kind of ports when next gen launches, just saying.
#6 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
its a nintendo console...so it was destined from before the creation of the wii u
#7 Posted by KBFloYd (14560 posts) -

someone suspend this guy....this isn't even news from this month!

nothing but nintendo troll threads...

#9 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -

Article quote says GPU and article title says CPU..

#10 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

UCF_Knight
And the article is from November. Of course all this will be ignored and this will become a 10 page thread.
#11 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -
:lol: This is too good to be trueRR360DD
#12 Posted by RR360DD (13001 posts) -

KBFloYd

28654320.jpg

#13 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -
Holy sh!t, my time machine works!
#14 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5202 posts) -

"Dooooooommed"

"Ugh, rumors, wait until official specs are revealed guys"

"Ugh, it just came out, no launch titles look that good. Wait until the 'real' games come out guise"

"ugh, I dont care what all these developers are saying. Alien vs Predator developers say Wii U's specs are baddazz"

"ugh,I dont care what DigitalFoundry says.3rd parties just havent figured out the system yet."

"Ugh, I dont play Nintendo consoles for multiplats"

Just saved sheep some time:P

#15 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -

"Dooooooommed"

"Ugh, it just came out, no launch titles look that good. Wait until the 'real' games come out guise"

"ugh, I dont care what all these developers are saying. Alien vs Predator developers say Wii U's specs are baddazz"

"ugh,I dont care what DigitalFoundry says.3rd parties just havent figured out the system yet."

StrongDeadlift
Gearbox didn't develop AvP. >_>
#16 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -

This will continue even more so once the next PS and Xbox are out. Devs aren't going to want to make sacrifices and put extra effort towards games for the Wii U, especially when it comes to M rated games. Nintendo better bring their A game again this gen if they want to continue to stay relevant in the console market.

#17 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5202 posts) -
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

"Dooooooommed"

Xaero_Gravity

I didnt mention Gearbox anywhere.
#18 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

aaaand this is why I'm moving to PC. I'm sick of waiting for consoles to catch up, plus all the other benefits are too good to pass up. Console gaming just isn't what it used to be, at this point the consoles are just wanna-be PC's.

#19 Posted by gamefan67 (9946 posts) -

/thread

notice the dates too.

#20 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

"Dooooooommed"

StrongDeadlift

I didnt mention Gearbox anywhere.

My apologies. I just thought you were confusing Gearbox with Rebellion since Gearbox is the only developer I've seen praise the Wii U hardware wise. Confusing them with Rebellion would be a massive disservice. :P
#21 Posted by stereointegrity (10810 posts) -
and sheep claim next gen hahahaha
#22 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -

/thread

notice the dates too.

gamefan67

Too bad this post will be ignored.

#23 Posted by Storm_Marine (12048 posts) -

haha owned

#24 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10759 posts) -
Meh, who cares. Even if it did come out, I wouldn't even bother with it. PC version for me!
#25 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

It's CPU not GPU. Besides I'm getting on PC.

#26 Posted by jg4xchamp (49719 posts) -
Their source?
#27 Posted by KBFloYd (14560 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

RR360DD

28654320.jpg

2110vw7.jpg

#28 Posted by Tessellation (8837 posts) -
who cares thq is doomed and lol at this guy changing the old news for GPU.
#29 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7607 posts) -
Pretty bad if the console is already too weak for games in its first year out. Games are only going to get more demending from year to year so just how many games the Wii U will not be able to handle 4 or 5 years from now.
#30 Posted by freedomfreak (42758 posts) -
Older than Metro 2033.
#31 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -
Older than Metro 2033.freedomfreak
That's just factually incorrect Twinkie t!ts.
#32 Posted by halogreatest (134 posts) -

:lol: This is too good to be trueRR360DD

agreed lol. nothing honestly touches xbox360 or xbxo720 in grafix.

#33 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9884 posts) -

We've discussed this to death and THQ even shot down those comments:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-22-thq-clarifies-wii-u-horrible-slow-cpu-claim-but-developer-concern-remains

THQ did not give a PR response. They admitted that this particular game is CPU-heavy and that the WiiU presents challenges in this particular case that led to the port being dropped. They also admitted that 4A didn't have the time or money to build a proper engine for the game so it's not like this indicates a whole lot. The number one thing that THQ said was that the original comments were spun to take advantage of the desire for info on the system. This includes those who just want to rip on nintendo for blind hate I guess...

edit: oops I didn't someone else post pretty much the same thing, but I'll leave it there since its a different source.

#34 Posted by gamefan67 (9946 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamefan67"]

/thread

notice the dates too.

OreoMilkshake

Too bad this post will be ignored.

I shouldn't have wasted my time.
#35 Posted by freedomfreak (42758 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Older than Metro 2033.Xaero_Gravity

That's point of these kind of posts :x I like Twinky t!ts though.
#36 Posted by lamprey263 (25207 posts) -
That sucks for Wii U only owners, but honestly did anybody really think the Wii U would be a multiplatform powerhouse? I still plan on getting one for exclusives, but I never expected to be getting multiplatform titles on it. And if it can't even handle multiplats that will work for the Xbox 360 and PS3 then I'd have less faith in their ability to handle multiplats designed for the other next gen systems. Anyhow, even if they could make the game work on the Wii U, is it worth the extra trouble? Lets say they get a working copy out, then what, with the current install base they'll sell what, like 100K copies on the system?
#37 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Older than Metro 2033.freedomfreak

That's point of these kind of posts :x I like Twinky t!ts though.

:D
#38 Posted by super600 (31007 posts) -

What the hell is wrong with the title in both the article and the OP's title?:|

Also the whole article linked is a confusing mess.

#39 Posted by super600 (31007 posts) -

UCF_Knight

Actually the article title and quote say GPU.:|

#40 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7968 posts) -

Old as the hills. And they're complaining about the CPU, not the GPU. Some developers have praised the CPU, such as Gearbox, so I guess it depends on your project.

#41 Posted by DarkLink77 (31856 posts) -

And nothing of value was lost.

#42 Posted by super600 (31007 posts) -

Old as the hills. And they're complaining about the CPU, not the GPU. Some developers have praised the CPU, such as Gearbox, so I guess it depends on your project.

YearoftheSnake5

TC edited the article probably.He;s just trying to troll the sheep and failing at it horribly.