METAL GEAR SOLID V: Xbox One exclusive content trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Are you prepared for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES? Check out this Xbox-exclusive trailer featuring bonus character, the cyborg ninja Raiden, as he takes down enemy bioroid 'Snatchers'! Available March 18 for Xbox One & Xbox 360. TCHBO!

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (4674 posts) -

Looked like fluff tbh. Not that I give a shit about the game anyway, overrated like mad.

#3 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

Looked like fluff tbh. Not that I give a shit about the game anyway, overrated like mad.

Agreed

#4 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2136 posts) -

Raiden from the spin-off game? Meh. MGS1-era Snake and the revisiting of Shadow Moses is much better.

Release date is the most important chunk of info from that video.

#5 Posted by bobbetybob (18830 posts) -

Lol Xbox fans loves shooters

#6 Edited by Ghost120x (3421 posts) -

Wow! I might have to get mgs on x1 because Raiden is awesome!

This is way better than some 64 bit snake.

#7 Posted by raging_user (363 posts) -

oh cows..

for myself not even remotely interested

#8 Posted by shawn30 (3676 posts) -

Nice! MGS is a day one purchase for me. Having a new Metal Gear and Titanfall in the same month, just can't wait :)

#9 Edited by ShepardCommandr (1508 posts) -

I'd rather buy the superior PS4 version.

I am calling it now it will be 720p on x1.

#10 Edited by XboxDone74 (1704 posts) -

suddenly lems are going to fall in love with raiden. maybe even cop a feel on him like the president did in mgs2.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (36387 posts) -

Looks fun.

#12 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2136 posts) -

suddenly lems are going to fall in love with raiden. maybe even cop a feel on him like the president did in mgs2.

Hahaha, bank on it. They'll try and claim it's the "better version" too.

#13 Edited by nethernova (3959 posts) -

I still don't get it. Ground Zeroes = Phantom Pain?

#14 Posted by happyduds77 (1038 posts) -

I really don't get the appeal of these games. I played MGS4 and it's weird and complicated not just the story, I could care less about the story, but also the gameplay. For instance why does Snake scratch his butt and mumble something weird when I press the triangle button? I don't get it.

#15 Posted by silversix_ (12533 posts) -

Nice stealth gameplay there.

#16 Edited by Animal-Mother (24997 posts) -

I still don't get it. Ground Zeroes = Phantom Pain?

Ground Zeroes is the prequel to the phantom pain.

Think of it as the trailer for it. Except it'll be probably 3-8 hours (Guesstimating) And it'll be the prequel to Phantom pain prepping people and giving them something to experience instead of waiting years on end. Ground Zeroes will lead up to the intro of phantom pain, so when it comes out we can hop right in.

As far as the DLC goes. I hope it does all come out for every platform. I really do enjoy the metal gear games and what they offer. But as someone said it's probably all fluff probably no more then an hour or two for each consoles exclusive DLC

#17 Edited by seanmcloughlin (37503 posts) -

Wow Xbox got a MUCH fucking cooler exclusive content deal than the PS4 version. A completely different type of playstyle compared to a shitty MGS1 style Snake face

Exclusive content in general sucks a fat one though

#18 Posted by tymeservesfate (1331 posts) -

geez, thats a rough one. suck it cows i guess...lol smh.

#19 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2136 posts) -

I'm seeing lem scum claim that this will save the Xbone in Japan. They couldn't even be bothered making a version of the game Cyborg Raiden featured in on the 360 there. What's wrong with them?

#20 Posted by Animal-Mother (24997 posts) -

Wow Xbox got a MUCH fucking cooler exclusive content deal than the PS4 version. A completely different type of playstyle compared to a shitty MGS1 style Snake face

It does. Also. I don't get why Kojima just won't update the damn snake model if he's gonna do it.

It's like he latched onto that thing he did in MGS4 and won't let it fucking go.

#21 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23172 posts) -

lol it would be funny if they fast forwarded through 90% of the exclusive trailer because the content was so mindnumbingly boring like they did the gameplay trailer.

kojima to world: "hey everyone! here is our game trailer! that is such a huge bore we fast forwarded through almost the entire thing!"

#22 Posted by JangoWuzHere (15621 posts) -

This looks way cooler then the playstation exclusive mission. However, this exclusive mission stuff is garbage, why is this stuff even here?

#23 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Poor cows. I pray (for their sake) that FF15 and/or KH3 doesn't have exclusive content for The One. System Wars is all fun and games after all

#24 Posted by pc-ps360 (3444 posts) -

warra melooooooooooooooon

#25 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37503 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

It does. Also. I don't get why Kojima just won't update the damn snake model if he's gonna do it.

It's like he latched onto that thing he did in MGS4 and won't let it fucking go.

He wasn't paid enough by Sony :P

#26 Posted by TheGuardian03 (20643 posts) -

this is so fuking cool.

#27 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

I'd rather buy the superior PS4 version.

I am calling it now it will be 720p on x1.

It was running 1080 30fps at E3, and that horse level was kept.

#28 Edited by Animal-Mother (24997 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Alright so that's a decent point. We know they pay for exclusive content all the time.

But is this what the gen is gonna become? Are we really gonna split hairs and games over an hour or two DLC for fans of a franchise or game? I mean what do you think? Is this shit just gonna get way to out of hand even more so now?

#29 Posted by Heil68 (40405 posts) -

Still getting the PS4 version. :)

#30 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4590 posts) -

I'ma stealth the crap outta some fools!

#31 Posted by g0ddyX (3731 posts) -

Pretty Slick.

#32 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2136 posts) -

>Cyborg Raiden

>Stealth

Oh look, another lem who doesn't get it.

#33 Edited by seanmcloughlin (37503 posts) -

Alright so that's a decent point. We know they pay for exclusive content all the time.

But is this what the gen is gonna become? Are we really gonna split hairs and games over an hour or two DLC for fans of a franchise or game? I mean what do you think? Is this shit just gonna get way to out of hand even more so now?

Honestly I think it will happen more and more. MS and Sony need something to sell these consoles considering the visuals are gonna be largely the same

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (24997 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Honestly I think it will happen more and more. MS and Sony need something to sell these consoles considering the visuals are gonna be largely the same

Blegh that sucks. But luckily you and I don't care enough to split hairs that much. We game on whatever the hell we want to. I just hope content eventually finds it's way to every console at the end of the day.

#35 Edited by tymeservesfate (1331 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

i thought exclusive content was the hotness now since cows got exclusive content for Destiny. they started treating the game like it was a ps4 exclusive after that nonsense. so its funny how its getting so much hate now that Xboxers got exclusive content from a major franchise of Sony's last gen...now its, "it just ain't right!". why, because Sony fans are getting the shaft now? idk...smh

#36 Posted by -Unreal- (24446 posts) -

Poor trailer. Doesn't really show what MGS is all about. This makes it look like a generic third person shooter with MG characters in it.

But then I guess if they were to show what MGS is all about it might not even be a gameplay trailer at all.

#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4590 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

>Cyborg Raiden

>Stealth

Oh look, another lem who doesn't get it.

Oh look another cow who is mad his PS4 only has a Facebook game worth playing. Cheer up little fella.

#38 Posted by Gue1 (8075 posts) -

I hate Rising and everything that has to do with it. Creepy MGS4 Raiden would have been better.

#39 Edited by remiks00 (1065 posts) -

Wow...I really can't see how any of you guys are "legitimately" excited about this exclusive content. This is even more lame than the Shadow moses content for PS4. At least Shadow Moses is a nostalgic place of the franchise.........this is just Raiden running around shooting guys and collecting data... I'm curious if you guys even beat the last Raiden game. Seriously, you Xbox fanboys remind me of PlayStation 3 fans (during the early years) last gen, where they hyped up turds just for the sake of it being "exclusive".

Kojima really dropped the ball with these "Shocking announcements". The game will still be great I believe.

#40 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6445 posts) -

Not gonna lie, Im jelly. Raiden is probably my favorite MGS character. Its a shame hes not chopping everything up in this dlc though. Him and guns? Thats silly.

#41 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2136 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sob sob sob.

There there, Xdrone, maybe one day the Bone will get content worth bothering with.

#42 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4590 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sob sob sob.

There there, Xdrone, maybe one day the Bone will get content worth bothering with.

I think you have the two systems confused. Even PS4 die hards are rebelling about the PS4 content. Xbox One has plenty to offer and the future is only getting brighter.

PS4 trailers a no show at VGX? Yeah expect more of that.

#43 Posted by Animal-Mother (24997 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sob sob sob.

I think you have the two systems confused. Even PS4 die hards are rebelling about the PS4 content. Xbox One has plenty to offer and the future is only getting brighter.

So let me get this straight. Exlcusive content that is probably no longer then two hours is "plenty to offer"

If that's the way you look at things you'll be severely disappointed.

#44 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2136 posts) -

Wrong way round, bro. It's the Xbone with a games lineup that resembles the Atacama Desert. Even the dwindling number of lemmings on NeoGAF are seeing the truth: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731419

Don't worry, I'm sure Halo Spartan Assault will turn the tide!

#45 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37503 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

i thought exclusive content was the hotness now since cows got exclusive content for Destiny. they started treating the game like it was a ps4 exclusive after that nonsense. so its funny how its getting so much hate now that Xboxers got exclusive content from a major franchise of Sony's last gen...now its, "it just ain't right!". why, because Sony fans are getting the shaft now? idk...smh

Except me and Animal are the ones complaining about it and neither of us are Cows or "Sony fans"

#46 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4590 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sob sob sob.

So let me get this straight. Exlcusive content that is probably no longer then two hours is "plenty to offer"

If that's the way you look at things you'll be severely disappointed.

no. I was reffering to the overall X1 pipeline, not the exclusive content in MGSV.

#47 Posted by I_AM_MEGATRON (371 posts) -

probably in 720p....LOL

#48 Posted by tymeservesfate (1331 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: whats your point? i just used them as an example...i wasnt talking about it solely being them.