Metal Gear Solid 5 Multiplayer leak....Kojima is a genius

#1 Edited by Omega-316 (787 posts) -

This takes replayability to a whole new level. Infiltrating other peoples bases that have different lay outs, traps, terrains, trying to be the ultimate troll. It will be a never ending MGS experience in one mode.

Kojima is simply on another level of human intelligence.

What do you think about this mode?

#2 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Brilliant

#3 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

the online in MGS4 was horrific, so I'll wait to see the execution of this.

#4 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5095 posts) -

There's gonna be a proper MGO, right? I want to play Team Sneaking again. ;_;

#5 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17761 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

This and that online also had some neat cool modes. But man...what a mess...separate registration...crap system...they charged for multiple characters...it was a mess.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (8920 posts) -

Doesn't look at good as Blacklist.

#7 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

rather see metal gear online or coop mode...

#8 Edited by Gue1 (10189 posts) -

so mad with myself because I've been a MGS fan since the PS1 but I just cannot get excited for this game even though it's looking like it's gonna be Kojima's best game in the franchise. I just wish he made something else like Policenauts or something completely new that has nothing to do with MGS or Silent Hill. This man could be doing so many amazing games right now but instead he's stuck making the same shit over and over again and now he's even thinking on remaking the original games from the MSX.

#9 Posted by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

Ho. Ly. Fuck.

#10 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2735 posts) -

couldn't care less about mp

All i care about is the story.

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5036 posts) -

Thats amazing.

#12 Posted by Omega-316 (787 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

so mad with myself because I've been a MGS fan since the PS1 but I just cannot get excited for this game even though it's looking like it's gonna be Kojima's best game in the franchise. I just wish he made something else like Policenauts or something completely new that has nothing to do with MGS or Silent Hill. This man could be doing so many amazing games right now but instead he's stuck making the same shit over and over again and now he's even thinking on remaking the original games from the MSX.

I personally think he should continue MGS just like RS continues GTA, or MS continues HALO. MGS is just those types of games that should and will stand the test of time.

#13 Edited by Flubbbs (3139 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

didnt he say MGSV is his last one? im sure hes probally said that before though

#14 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17490 posts) -
@Flubbbs said:

@Gue1 said:

didnt he say MGSV is his last one? im sure hes probally said that before though

I think he has been saying that since MGS2...

#15 Posted by clone01 (24830 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Doesn't look at good as Blacklist.

Flagged for disruptive posting.

#16 Edited by lamprey263 (24134 posts) -

well that's dumb. not really MP when its bots protecting the base, and all the bases are pretty much the same stupid oil platform map

but hey, lets say someone gets back to their base, they basically have some 1 on 1 stuff, congrats Metal Gear Solid fans, you basically achieved the same roughly the same multiplayer gameplay that Splinter Cell has had for years

#17 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26868 posts) -

Don't tell DSP that you think Kojima's a genius. lol

#18 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

Kojima for pres

#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14412 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

Don't tell DSP that you think Kojima's a genius. lol

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26868 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: XD

In all seriousness, even if he recently made a video saying that he respects Kojima, everyone of his critics know that is an absolute lie once you see all his playthrough related to Kojima's content.

#21 Posted by parkurtommo (27217 posts) -

@Omega-316 said:

Kojima is simply on another level of human intelligence.

Why do people assume that everything related to his franchises are directly a result of Kojima's thinking? It was probably a whole team decision, a result of many discussions and prototyping...

I understand that in Japan there is a kind of equivalent to Hollywood's director culture, but it's simply not fair imo.

#22 Posted by WallofTruth (1745 posts) -

According to PCGamer MGSV comes out at the end of 2014, which is weird because I haven't seen that news anywhere else.

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (47236 posts) -

It looks really cool but I hope you can turn the option off or restrict it to just friends. Would hate to constantly get my shit stolen.

#24 Posted by Doozie78 (332 posts) -

Eh, I'm not so sure I like the idea of asshats invading my rig constantly. It sounds like an annoying pain in the ass more than anything. If I can't play this game solo I'm going to be a sad panda.

#25 Posted by SolidTy (43721 posts) -

I hope it's awesome as I imagine.

#26 Edited by ominous_titan (728 posts) -

all developers should aspire to be like Hideo Kojima ,the g.o.a.t , hes on a level all on his own. while most become complacent with their IP after a while he continues to greatly improve the series with each new iteration. MGS:4 was the best game last generation and i wont be surprised at all if MGS:V TPP is this generations best as well. making it multiplatform is a gift to hermits and lems

#27 Posted by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

Oh my does that look amazing.

#28 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3862 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

are you kidding me? sure the sign up process was a pain but the actual multiplayer was incredible and fun.

#29 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

it was actually awesome. maybe your weak mind needs a bum rush game like cod.