Metal Gear Movie now official

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Hihatrider87
Member since 2007 • 1042 Posts

note: i wouldn't think this should go in the sticky because its not about mgs4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/

while it could still go the way of the halo movie, it is now in early production.

as much as i want it to be good... i have my doubts. those doubts, however, won't stop me from speculating.

i hope they don't try to stick too close to the original story. not that i don't enjoy the story, but it wouldn't work in a 2 hr. movie format. with the amount of information they throw at you, metal gear games are more like a season of a tv show and less like a movie. what i would like is if they keep the basic themes about war, nuclear weapons, PMCs in place and maybe put it in a near future setting. maybe children of men ****action and camera work (battle scenes with one roaming camera angle).

i don't have much to say about casting except that i don't want them to use hayter. despite his voice, he doesn't seem to be tough enough to play snake. the best choice i've heard about so far is Christian Bale. i'm not a huge fan, but he can pull the look off. he's an okay actor besides that, but kind of dull.

my whole thing is first and foremost, they should make a great movie that makes since. base it off the games,but not necessarily a direct translation.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Early reports state that it may include gameplay sequences of well over 1 hour. ;)
Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hihatrider87
why was "style" censored?
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
MGS 4 had a 90 minute cutscene from what I heard, how would this compare? Would it focus on something that was left unanswered in MGS 4?
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

why was "style" censored?Hihatrider87

i think it has to do with some HTML issues that Gamespot has with its forums. i still have problems with this word when posting a blog.

Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hihatrider87

MGS 4 had a 90 minute cut-scene from what I heard, how would this compare? Would it focus on something that was left unanswered in MGS 4?RyuHayabusaX

i would hope that the movie would just take inspiration from the games. it wouldn't be a continuation from where mgs4 left off- it would simply have the same themes as metal gear.

Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
I honestly think that this movie will never be...just look what happened to the Halo movie...
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50716 Posts

MGS 4 had a 90 minute cutscene from what I heard, how would this compare? Would it focus on something that was left unanswered in MGS 4?RyuHayabusaX

You heard wrong bud. It was a lie.

arachosia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 arachosia
Member since 2003 • 1647 Posts
I agree that it should just take inspiration from the games rather than adhering to them verbatum. It has to take a more serious tone and do away with the goofy bosses. Also, the whole concept of the metal gears has to be thought out a little better as they really make nos sense and would never be practical in a real war.
Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hihatrider87

[QUOTE="RyuHayabusaX"]MGS 4 had a 90 minute cutscene from what I heard, how would this compare? Would it focus on something that was left unanswered in MGS 4?Chutebox

You heard wrong bud. It was a lie.

of the last two hrs. of the game. (i.e. the hallway and beyond) there was maybe 30 minutes of gameplay (and in this sense "gameplay" is dramatic walking and 10 minutes of a fighting game)

btw i loved every second of it so don't take my sarcasm the wrong way.

anyways, back to the movie.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
The movie was confirmed a long time ago, that IMDB page has been up since last year I think. On the set of Dark Night Christian Bale supposedly said he landed the role of Snake but I have also heard Kojima hand selected someone else.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
It will most likely fail because some director that makes poor movies and some writer that makes poor scripts will be given the job to create the movie..
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

Movie ?

Just watch the game.

It apparently sucks you when and makes you score it a 10 even though its got some issues.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
MGS 4 had a 90 minute cutscene from what I heard, how would this compare? Would it focus on something that was left unanswered in MGS 4?RyuHayabusaX
None of the cutscene were 90 mins the longest one was about 45-60 mins can't remember
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
Russell Crowe or Christian Bale should play Solid Snake
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50716 Posts

Russell Crowe or Christian Bale should play Solid Snakejasonharris48

Right now, he can do no wrong to me lol. Dude is just on a role in every little thing he does.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
The Metal Gear movie has been official for over a year now IMDB is a little late to the party sometimes. There were a few interviews even after Subsistence came out with David Hayter discussing possible writers and directors (him being an option) when the film hadn't been greenlighted yet. Hayter even said he thinks Christian Bale would make a good Snake.
saywat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 saywat11
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

I really hope Christian Bale plays snake. he freakin looks like him. and i've enjoyed every movie he has been in recently. haha

i hope this doesnt suck tho :(

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Twenty bucks says this vanishes off the face of the earth like the Splinter Cell/Halo/Max Payne/Metroid movie.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

Twenty bucks says this vanishes off the face of the earth like the Splinter Cell/Halo/Max Payne/Metroid movie.Verge_6

I can only pray it does.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts

Twenty bucks says this vanishes off the face of the earth like the Splinter Cell/Halo/Max Payne/Metroid movie.Verge_6

The Max Payne movie is actually moving along nicely:P

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Paging Uwe Boll! Uwe Boll! Where are you!?
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9573 Posts

Movie ?

Just watch the game.

It apparently sucks you when and makes you score it a 10 even though its got some issues.

-Ninja_Dog-

Some issues? Like what?

MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
MGS5: The Movie.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Well now I will get the crazy story that I like and not have to deal with gameplay that I don't like.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Max Payne? I was watching TV a few days ago and the exact qoute was now that The Happening is out Mark Walhberg is set to begin filming his next movie "Max Payne". So I'd say that movie didn't fall off the face of the earth.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
I wouldn't get too excited about this. It's being directed by the same guy as "Ultraviolet".
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

max payne is confirmed for this year. they've already finished shooting i think.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Metal Gear Solid isn't fit for A-list movie treatment.

Don't know why they will even try.

lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts

mgs is an interactive movie no need to make into a actual movie. plus think about it the movie has to be longer than 4 hours. If its shorter than that might as well put the movie in the final boss fight and credits and movie is over

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
Who would play the best Snake? I think to stay true they would have to find a new face. One that Snake fits rather than making a known actor fit Snake. I mean, it would be bad ass to see Hugh Jackman fighting Christian Bale on top of Metal Gear Rex. I just got done looking at pics of Jackman and he would fit very well. Christian Bale his own english accent as liquid?
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FrozenLiquid

Who would play the best Snake? I think to stay true they would have to find a new face. One that Snake fits rather than making a known actor fit Snake. I mean, it would be bad ass to see Hugh Jackman fighting Christian Bale on top of Metal Gear Rex. I just got done looking at pics of Jackman and he would fit very well. Christian Bale his own english accent as liquid?MadExponent

An integral part of being Snake is being American.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

[QUOTE="MadExponent"]Who would play the best Snake? I think to stay true they would have to find a new face. One that Snake fits rather than making a known actor fit Snake. I mean, it would be bad ass to see Hugh Jackman fighting Christian Bale on top of Metal Gear Rex. I just got done looking at pics of Jackman and he would fit very well. Christian Bale his own english accent as liquid?FrozenLiquid

So is batman

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FrozenLiquid
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]

[QUOTE="MadExponent"]Who would play the best Snake? I think to stay true they would have to find a new face. One that Snake fits rather than making a known actor fit Snake. I mean, it would be bad ass to see Hugh Jackman fighting Christian Bale on top of Metal Gear Rex. I just got done looking at pics of Jackman and he would fit very well. Christian Bale his own english accent as liquid?MadExponent

So is batman

Hence Christian Bale adopting an American accent ;)

No really, Batman is a universal character made in from the mind of one American. The themes, concepts etc associated with Batman aren't exclusive to the United States.

Snake's pretty much grounded as the American hero. I mean, he's based of Snake Plissken, who may arguably be the greatest American hero the cinema has ever seen.

Making Snake British would lessen the impact of the themes presented in the Metal Gear Solid story arc. One of the bigger problems would be the intimacy of the Cold War.

teh_ownerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 teh_ownerer
Member since 2005 • 2037 Posts

I agree that it should just take inspiration from the games rather than adhering to them verbatum. It has to take a more serious tone and do away with the goofy bosses. Also, the whole concept of the metal gears has to be thought out a little better as they really make nos sense and would never be practical in a real war.arachosia

Like resident evil?