Metal Gear and mulit-plat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Well, there are rumors that Metal Gear Solid 4 will appear on the 360. I dunno.

MGS2 came out on Xbox I think.

MGS games came out on the GC too.

And Solid Snake is in SSBB.

Kojima said(on putting, not porting, MGS4 on the Wii) "I'd love to do it. But first I have to finish Metal Gear Solid 4 before that." That would indicate to me that Kojima and Konami aren't ruling it out. They're developing it as a stand alone game first and not for a specific system. At least I'd think. Wouldn't it be more likely to come out on the Wii than the 360? And does anyone else think the trailer of it doesn't exactly look PS3-esque? Maybe Xbox, or good PS2. It looks like Zelda:TP, okay graphics but good ART DESIGN. The art design made up for alot in TP.

The Wii already has good support from Square Enix with Dragon Quest Swords, Dragon Quest 9, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles all being exclusive, besides the numerous DS/GBA Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games. I'd think Konami should take a hint from Sqaure Enix.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
MGS4 and ZOE3 are for the ps3, and the wii and 360 get their own exclusive game from him.
GODFLESH_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GODFLESH_basic
Member since 2003 • 1018 Posts
I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.
advertise_this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 advertise_this
Member since 2006 • 1208 Posts
mgs4 on wii? ... lol
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

50/50 at this point.

I'm leaning towards it staying exclusive to the PS3 though. No big loss at this point. I'm looking forward to enough on the Xbox 360 (which is a ridiculous amount of games at this point). It'll be my only reason to pick up a PS3 so hopefully it stays exclusive.

I'd much rather have a new IP from them for the 360.

Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Journey89
Member since 2005 • 1743 Posts
Kojima never said he wanted MGS4 for the Wii. he said he wanted to make a new IP for the Wii!!! STOP SPREADING LIES!!!
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
MGS4 looks like its running on a PS2 engine so a port to the Wii shouldn't be a problem it will just play in a lower resolution. The system is doing so well in Japan you know Konami will want to salvage something. No one knew the PS3 would be such a miserable failure at retail. I expect a port to the PC and XBOX360 as well with a brief exclusive window for the PS3.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
MGS4 and ZOE3 are for the ps3, and the wii and 360 get their own exclusive game from him.Kahuna_1
GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts
I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.GODFLESH_basic
U just a hater, have you ever play the game besides halo??
Paul_Phoenicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Paul_Phoenicks
Member since 2002 • 1015 Posts
Honestly, if there's any reason for the game to go multi-, it'll be because of the budget combined with the PS3 not selling nearly as well as the Wii (worldwide) or the Xbox 360 (North America). If any announcement is to come, it'll either be at the end of their fiscal year (end of March/beginning of April) or at e3 (whatever that thing is now). Personally, I think it's likely to make the jump...
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

50/50 at this point.

I'm leaning towards it staying exclusive to the PS3 though. No big loss at this point. I'm looking forward to enough on the Xbox 360 (which is a ridiculous amount of games at this point). It'll be my only reason to pick up a PS3 so hopefully it stays exclusive.

I'd much rather have a new IP from them for the 360.

Puckhog04

Couldnt have said it better myself...new IP's > retreads anyday twice on sunday...
KzerXtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KzerXtreme
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
You know this topic has been beat to death, but I think Kojima is doing things with MGS4 that keep making it harder to port to the 360-such as tilt controls and the disc capacity. Maybe you could piece something together, but each hurdle makes it that much more work to port it accurately.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

Well, there are rumors that Metal Gear Solid 4 will appear on the 360. I dunno.

MGS2 came out on Xbox I think.

MGS games came out on the GC too.

And Solid Snake is in SSBB.

Kojima said(on putting, not porting, MGS4 on the Wii) "I'd love to do it. But first I have to finish Metal Gear Solid 4 before that." That would indicate to me that Kojima and Konami aren't ruling it out.

darth-pyschosis
youre taking that quote out of context. i read the interview and kojima said he'd love to develope a different game for wii and 360. the never said that mgs4 was going anywhere but ps3.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
MGS with the Wiimote would be awesome. Kojima did wonderous things with rumble on the PS1... imagine what he could do with the Wiimote... :|
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
So now the Sheep think MGS4 will get ported to the Wii? . . . . . . I'm speechless.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
[QUOTE="GODFLESH_basic"]I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.GatoFeo

He doesn't like MGS, and that automatically means he's never played any game other than Halo? I don't like MGS either, what have I been doing with my NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Xbox, 360, and GBA for all of these years? :|
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="GatoFeo"][QUOTE="GODFLESH_basic"]I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.Vyse_The_Daring

He doesn't like MGS, and that automatically means he's never played any game other than Halo? I don't like MGS either, what have I been doing with my NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Xbox, 360, and GBA for all of these years? :|

Yea, ''overhyped cinema wannabe'' sounds like such a great argument.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
MGS4 looks like its running on a PS2 engine so a port to the Wii shouldn't be a problem it will just play in a lower resolution. The system is doing so well in Japan you know Konami will want to salvage something. No one knew the PS3 would be such a miserable failure at retail. I expect a port to the PC and XBOX360 as well with a brief exclusive window for the PS3.JiveT
\

lmao..are you serious??
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vyse_The_Daring

[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="GatoFeo"][QUOTE="GODFLESH_basic"]I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.tegovoltio

3 words means he's never played another game in his life? I wish I could learn so much about someone from such a simple statement. Over-the-top statements are what system wars is all about, and it's his opinion to express anyway.

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="GatoFeo"][QUOTE="GODFLESH_basic"]I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.Vyse_The_Daring

3 words means he's never played another game in his life? I wish I could learn so much about someone from such a simple statement. Over-the-top statements are what system wars is all about, and it's his opinion to express anyway.

Ok, well if over the top statements are fine then the second poster statement is fine too. I wasn't backing the second poster statement but just pointing out the first wasn't ok either but since you say it's fine...
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

MGS4 looks like its running on a PS2 engine so a port to the Wii shouldn't be a problem it will just play in a lower resolution. The system is doing so well in Japan you know Konami will want to salvage something. No one knew the PS3 would be such a miserable failure at retail. I expect a port to the PC and XBOX360 as well with a brief exclusive window for the PS3.JiveT

I cannot fathom your stupidity right now. If you were trying to be funny with your PS2 engine statement, you failed miserabley. It is also not a good idea to lie about a system's launch. Calling the PS3 a miserable failure will not get you any allies who are rational-minded, non-fanboys.

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"]

[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="GatoFeo"][QUOTE="GODFLESH_basic"]I personally could care less if MGS comes to 360, overhyped cinema wannabe.tegovoltio

Ok, well if over the top statements are fine then the second poster statement is fine too. I wasn't backing the second poster statement but just pointing out the first wasn't ok either but since you say it's fine...

The first was a (poorly expressed) opinion on MGS, the second was an assumption that first: that person was a lemming, and second: that this person has only ever played Halo. I'm not defending the first poster either, I'm saying just because he doesn't like MGS doesn't mean he doesn't play any other games.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
It's coming out on the GBA in the Summer.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darth-pyschosis
It's coming out on the GBA in the Summer.TrueReligion_
are you kidding? not to be mean but if that was true, i dunno. do you have proof. or a link?
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]It's coming out on the GBA in the Summer.darth-pyschosis
are you kidding? not to be mean but if that was true, i dunno. do you have proof. or a link?

Joke
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]It's coming out on the GBA in the Summer.WildTurkey00

Joke

i wouldn't have put it past nintendo. let us not forget Grand Theft Auto Advance in 2004. or Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (or something like that) on the DS.
giantsfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 giantsfan91
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts
Is the TC trying to say MGS4 will come out on the Wii instead of the PS3 or 360? What do you mean by "They're developing it as a stand alone game first and not for a specific system"? I think it's been mentioned a thousand times that it's exclusive (at least for now) to the PS3.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
So now the Sheep think MGS4 will get ported to the Wii? . . . . . . I'm speechless.WildTurkey00
No we don't. New IP or a spinoff. I am hoping for later release on the 360, I love MGS.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darth-pyschosis

Is the TC trying to say MGS4 will come out on the Wii instead of the PS3 or 360? What do you mean by "They're developing it as a stand alone game first and not for a specific system"? I think it's been mentioned a thousand times that it's exclusive (at least for now) to the PS3.giantsfan91

What the hell does TC mean? I don't mean it will come out instead, just maybe along side PS3 or 360. Its been mentioned a thousand times by fans it'll be PS3 exclusive and Konami has said that so far they only can confirm it for the PS3. They haven't said they're making it esspecially for it.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Sony producing the MGS movie have something to do imo
GODFLESH_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GODFLESH_basic
Member since 2003 • 1018 Posts

Yeah, I don't like MGS, I think it's overhyped, and some people here just drool at the "deep character" development that only a genius could understand, please! I also realize, since I believe this, I must only play Halo.  That's incorrect, I stick to my online strategy games, occassional online FPS, and elder scrolls RPGs, and I base RPG loosely now since Oblivion was released.

The deal with Metal Gear Solid, you really don't play the game much, you watch the game, and move your character to a new location to continue the cinema.  Many of the characters are ridiculous, remember that pig looking man on roller blades that attached bombs to surfaces?  Are you kidding me?  Where's the genius?  Honestly, the Splinter Cell series destroys MGS at what it claims "tactical espionage."  I really think alot of gamers get sucked into the hype, or like MGS because they are "suposed" too, you know?

giantsfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 giantsfan91
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts

What the hell does TC mean? I don't mean it will come out instead, just maybe along side PS3 or 360. Its been mentioned a thousand times by fans it'll be PS3 exclusive and Konami has said that so far they only can confirm it for the PS3. They haven't said they're making it esspecially for it.

Did you not say "They're developing it as a stand alone game first and not for a specific system"? By that you make it sound like they haven't decided what system they'll release it on yet. There's also the quote you took out of context. "Kojima said(on putting, not porting, MGS4 on the Wii) " 'I'd love to do it. But first I have to finish Metal Gear Solid 4 before that.' ". He's "putting, not porting, MGS4 on the Wii" suggests you believe he's designing with the Wii in mind. Anyways, don't get your panties in a bunch, I was just wondering why you'd suggest it was going to be on the Wii. If you really believe it looks like a good PS2 game than don't you think the first console it would be ported to was the PS2. Why waste time developing a port for the Wii and it's 5 million consoles when you could delvelope a port and put it on the PS2 and it's 100 million consoles?
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darth-pyschosis

giantsfan91

Did you not say "They're developing it as a stand alone game first and not for a specific system"? By that you make it sound like they haven't decided what system they'll release it on yet. There's also the quote you took out of context. "Kojima said(on putting, not porting, MGS4 on the Wii) " 'I'd love to do it. But first I have to finish Metal Gear Solid 4 before that.' ". He's "putting, not porting, MGS4 on the Wii" suggests you believe he's designing with the Wii in mind. Anyways, don't get your panties in a bunch, I was just wondering why you'd suggest it was going to be on the Wii. If you really believe it looks like a good PS2 game than don't you think the first console it would be ported to was the PS2. Why waste time developing a port for the Wii and it's 5 million consoles when you could delvelope a port and put it on the PS2 and it's 100 million consoles?

because a PS2 port would be very easy for the Wii. And they would have to design it with the Wii in mind because of the vastly different control scheme.And is developing a game for the console with the highest selling launch ever. A system that is outselling its predecessor (GC) right now 8:1. How can I take out of context. I said I think it might happen and the lead developer saying "I'd love to do it, but first,..." doesn't mean anything but positive. Kojima is finishing the game first, and then he'll look into it. Whether it happens or not I dunno. Whether I care or not, not really. I've never been too fond of the series I just want it to happen so more light is shed on the disaster that is the PS3, and how much the average consumer is ripped off by purchasing one. Esspecially if one if their main AAA games is cheaper on another system and looks just as good. Incase you didn't notice there are alot of PS2 to Wii ports out there and this would make sense coz it would be easy to do and make more sense. PS2-WII Ports so far: The Godfather, Scarface, Manhunt 2, Splinter Cell:Double Agent, Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (essentially), Happy Feet, Madden 07. Why would it make sense to release only on a console that will as of now sold 1.7 million as to one thats sold 5 million and clearly hasn't lost its high demand yet. Couldn't Kojima do wonders with that controller?