AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#651 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Looks good for a TPS but hopefully it's good. I'll reserve judgment for when we get something more concrete. I'm not a real fan of most TPS games so it will take quite a bit to impress me.

I rarely give most TPSs a look normally unless it is really unique (like Vanquish, RE4) but since this is a console exclusive I'll probably give them the benefit of the doubt.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#652 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

people crying about scripted events need to replay COD!

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#653  Edited By SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

Crysis 3 still looks better

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

You know what's worse than cows overhyping their exclusives? Lems and Hermits denying obvious facts and saying it's downgraded because it went through some changes like colors becoming darker or brighter in the new build.

Sometimes I am convinced that some of you don't even have a fully functional brain.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

How I didn't say anything bad just that the game looks like gears and that's the truth. This is the one game I've been waitin for on PS4, once this comes out I'll pick up a ps4 and SS, between those 2 and my 1 games I should be good until Halo and Left for Dead 3 come out,oh and Evolve.

And Forza look like GT,Halo like Half life...

Dude Gears wasn't the first 3rd person shooter out there,it steal its mechanics from RE4 and Killswitch,every time i hear people try to pass Gears and something innovative you can clearly see how much of an xbox fan they are,my god play some freaking games..

Over the shoulder aiming pull from RE4,fire from cover,taking cover,roll all those element taken from Killswitch which even Epic credited for.

@cfisher2833 said:

hahahaha!! Megaton? That looked boring as ****. That has to be some of the worst AI I've ever seen. They literally just stood still, exposed on a rooftop, missing constantly as that guy fired his pistol at them. The enemies didn't seem to hit him once, and whoever was playing that game was fucking shitty at it--constantly missing. It has a nice depth of field effect, but otherwise it just looks drab and grey.

Really fucking sad that in 2014 the gaming industry still hasn't surpassed the original FEAR's AI.

You do know that demos like this are lower in AI to show things better without getting kill right.? I has been done on games from both platforms and even on PC.

@lundy86_4 said:

Kk. Whilst I feel that it will still look good, it's hard to ignore the differences posted in this thread (beyond compression and poor quality). The LoD looked drastically hampered within the environment, as well as the characters. Even dropping to an "infiltration" uniform still took out distinct detail. The dev addressing this gave a statement a little to "on the nose."

And another closet lemming arrive..lol

This thread has really deliver some nasty butthurt can wait for actual high quality clean videos.

My god i miss it for been working 14 pages of pure meltdown..hahhaha Bututbut is downgraded...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#657 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

That set-piece with the player's character and some other guy dragging some wounded fella looks remarkably similar to the one from Gears of War 2 when you have to carry some piece of equipment with Dom. I'm talking about the level with lambent wretches.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

@stereointegrity said:

@b4x said:

@I_can_haz: Is that framerate drops I'm seeing, and shit animation transition? at 800p 30 fps?

Not 800p fail troll

I forgot. The black bars are 1080p also. My bad.

nope who cares about the black bars....its still not 800p

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Hey, stop criticising this game. It looks pretty, and that's enough.

Stop damn it. I about spit coffee everywhere!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Why are the particle effects so limp?

Why is the gameplay copying Dead Rising?

Why is it so repetitive?

Are you serious? I would much rather play Sunset Overdrive than a narrow corridor shooter with shiny walls.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play Ryse either.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Hey, stop criticising this game. It looks pretty, and that's enough.

Apparently so. Even though all the footage shown so far gameplay wise looks boring as hell.

Sure the info they've told us about the game like the slight exploration and horror style sections with monsters all sounds good but they have yet to show that. So far I'm very unimpressed by the game as a whole.

But visually it does look nice

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

is that gif supposed to be graphically impressive?

It IS graphically impressive. The visuals in the game are outstanding, it's the gameplay that's boring to look at

maybe i've turned into a PC elitist but all I see is screen tearing and judder. I'd actually use that gif if I were trying to troll the game.

Screen tearing is on the videos end. The stream was shit and thus made the game look worse than it really is, the devs even said there was no tearing at all and if there is they will get rid of it

I'm not sure how a stream can cause screen tearing. Would like an explanation on that or I'm going to have to call BS. I thought screen tearing was something that ocurred on local hardware and had nothing to do with netcode. I get crappy image quality but screen tearing happens on local hardware from everything I know about it.

@g0ddyX said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@g0ddyX said:

The graphics of The Order should make any graphics whore and PC gamer play it even though they might not want a PS4.

People should stop acting like PS4 and Xbox One have really bad graphics when they dont and games run fine on them.

I've seen graphics on the Wii that would make the game a worse experience of the same game available elsewhere.

Games like The Order will force developers to produce and make better, which in effect, make more better games for PC and Xbox one too.

Benchmarks are being set and broken continually by next gen games.

not 1080p, sub 30 fps, excessive screen tearing, constant judder. Um from what I've seen PC graphic whores wouldn't touch this.

As I said before about hermits... I can tell your not full fledged hermit, but I think you saw where he was coming from. Don't be discriminating all the time. It sets the benchmark for next gen assets like polygon count of characters and levels, and animations etc. PS3/360 did the same last gen with Gears and Uncharted. It also has an amazing dynamic texture system that looks like real material. It's pretty exciting stuff for real time graphics. Lets just see how the game looks at release and stop jumping to conclusions based on a screen cap of a twitch feed from youtube.

Developers like Naughty Dog raised boundaries for such old hardware consoles, imagine the knock on effect it would have on other developers to excel and produce better games.

PC graphic lovers and PC gamers would play this game, considering the hardware and limits and what the market is like on console gaming.

There is a lot worse.

I would not be suprised if there was a petition for the Order PC version, not thats a bad thing, I would love a PC version with mods myself.

It is a feed from youtube, and the actual thing is going to look and play a lot better, and the experience should hopefully be epic.

From what they have shown the performance of this game looks like straight up trash. Very pretty trash but still trash performance. Which is why I said true PC graphical elitist wouldn't touch this game. True PC graphical elitist want performance not just a pretty image. 30fps with constant drops just doesn't cut it and the excessive screen tearing would make them scream. Sure this is fine on console to consolites who don't get to experience high end performance on a regular basis but to a PC graphical whore the performance of this game is flat out unacceptable.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

I'm not sure how a stream can cause screen tearing. Would like an explanation on that or I'm going to have to call BS. I thought screen tearing was something that ocurred on local hardware and had nothing to do with netcode. I get crappy image quality but screen tearing happens on local hardware from everything I know about it.

The stream can't keep up with what's happening and tears the image. It's like when you watch the E3 streams and all the games seem to have tearing in them

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

You know what's worse than cows overhyping their exclusives? Lems and Hermits denying obvious facts and saying it's downgraded because it went through some changes like colors becoming darker or brighter in the new build.

Sometimes I am convinced that some of don't even have a fully functional brain.

great post.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665 NFJSupreme

@seanmcloughlin said:

@NFJSupreme said:

The stream can't keep up with what's happening and tears the image. It's like when you watch the E3 streams and all the games seem to have tearing in them

still calling shenanigans. Here is a direct feed video and it still has excessive screen tearing and judder.

The Order Direct Feed

So this is twitch's fault too? Nah the game is just a terrible performer as of now. Hopefully it's cleaned up by release but every time I watch game play of this game the performance looks like straight donkey ass. Which was my point about true PC graphical whores not being impressed by this.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
@NFJSupreme said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@NFJSupreme said:

still calling shenanigans. Here is a direct feed video and it still has excessive screen tearing and judder.

The Order Direct Feed

So this is twitch's fault too? Nah the game is just a terrible performer as of now. Hopefully it's cleaned up by release but every time I watch game play of this game the performance looks like straight donkey ass. Which was my point about true PC graphical whores not being impressed by this.

that article is from February. Lots of things can change after several months.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

That was a beautiful movie. It was so on-rails I bet he didn't even need to be shooting and the scripted event would have gone on as usual.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Also. Downgrade??

Don't be silly.

different lighting...and did u take these screencaps from a youtube video?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#671 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@stereointegrity:

there should be suspensions for using youtube screencaps in graphic comparisons

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672  Edited By NFJSupreme

@scottpsfan14 said:
@NFJSupreme said:

From what they have shown the performance of this game looks like straight up trash. Very pretty trash but still trash performance. Which is why I said true PC graphical elitist wouldn't touch this game. True PC graphical elitist want performance not just a pretty image. 30fps with constant drops just doesn't cut it and the excessive screen tearing would make them scream. Sure this is fine on console to consolites who don't get to experience high end performance on a regular basis but to a PC graphical whore the performance of this game is flat out unacceptable.

What you seem to forget is a 'true graphical PC elitist' is not good. Don't look up to them lol. They are the reason even console gamers now whine on about 1080p 60fps all the time. You never heard about game resolutions on consoles in previous generations from consolites. It's the PC elitists fault that gaming is more about graphics. They need to understand that they have no real world skills. That their rig will not enhance their life. It's quite a sad situation as a whole.

I'm not debating any of this. But that guy said PC graphical whores would love this game. I'm sorry but that's bullshit. That's all I'm saying.

@handssss said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@NFJSupreme said:

The Order Direct Feed

that article is from February. Lots of things can change after several months.

That's the point though. Every time I see this game the performance looks like ass. "That was from February", "oh it was caused by the stream", "they changed the art direction" all these excuses yet every time I see this game in motion the performance is sub par even by console standards. When do we get to call a spade a spade? If this was an xbone game cows would be all over it. Yet since it's on PS4 all I hear are excuses. Fact is they have a lot of work to do to get it to perform at an acceptable level and that might even end up leading to a real downgrade. I'm not expecting 1080p and 60fps from next gen consoles but I am expecting steady framerates and no screen tearing. As of now this game is kinda a studdering screen splitting mess. Let's hope it gets better.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@lostrib:

Awesome sig. Funny enough, just today I watched Frozen.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The amount of butthurt this game is causing among lems and hermits alike is unprecedented. If this game is causing his much butthurt imagine the butthurt Naughtygods will cause once they show Uncharted 4 at E3. Feels good to be a PS4 owner right now. This is what having the most talented 1st party studios causes, pure JELLY in your rivals.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Lems truly did look pathetic in this thread

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

Lemmings cant catch a break, they know damn well that those screens were taken from a compressed, blurry twitch stream, yet they insist on using them cause theyre that desperate.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Indicud said:

Lems truly did look pathetic in this thread

Not any less than you

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#683 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11120 Posts

@Sweenix said:

Cinematic gaming is fun

Absolutely.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#684  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

The game looks fine, I'm sure it will be enjoyable. Gears of War, which obviously has a heavy influence on this, was a fun game. I certainly enjoyed 1 - 3.

I just wish they stop putting so much motion blur and depth of field in games these days. Horrible smoke and mirror techniques.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lol MS fanboys aka Hermits and their too ghetto to afford PC cousins the Lemmings are embarrassing themselves in this thread!

This game is shitting on everything on Xbone and PC right now. Hermits jelly cuz they're gonna be playing iphone ports and Facebook games for yet another gen LMFAO!

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Late to the party but this looks spectacular, what has me most interested though is still the setting.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#688 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@NFJSupreme said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@lostrib said:

is that gif supposed to be graphically impressive?

It IS graphically impressive. The visuals in the game are outstanding, it's the gameplay that's boring to look at

maybe i've turned into a PC elitist but all I see is screen tearing and judder. I'd actually use that gif if I were trying to troll the game.

Screen tearing is on the videos end. The stream was shit and thus made the game look worse than it really is, the devs even said there was no tearing at all and if there is they will get rid of it

@g0ddyX said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@g0ddyX said:

The graphics of The Order should make any graphics whore and PC gamer play it even though they might not want a PS4.

People should stop acting like PS4 and Xbox One have really bad graphics when they dont and games run fine on them.

I've seen graphics on the Wii that would make the game a worse experience of the same game available elsewhere.

Games like The Order will force developers to produce and make better, which in effect, make more better games for PC and Xbox one too.

Benchmarks are being set and broken continually by next gen games.

not 1080p, sub 30 fps, excessive screen tearing, constant judder. Um from what I've seen PC graphic whores wouldn't touch this.

As I said before about hermits... I can tell your not full fledged hermit, but I think you saw where he was coming from. Don't be discriminating all the time. It sets the benchmark for next gen assets like polygon count of characters and levels, and animations etc. PS3/360 did the same last gen with Gears and Uncharted. It also has an amazing dynamic texture system that looks like real material. It's pretty exciting stuff for real time graphics. Lets just see how the game looks at release and stop jumping to conclusions based on a screen cap of a twitch feed from youtube.

Developers like Naughty Dog raised boundaries for such old hardware consoles, imagine the knock on effect it would have on other developers to excel and produce better games.

PC graphic lovers and PC gamers would play this game, considering the hardware and limits and what the market is like on console gaming.

There is a lot worse.

I would not be suprised if there was a petition for the Order PC version, not thats a bad thing, I would love a PC version with mods myself.

It is a feed from youtube, and the actual thing is going to look and play a lot better, and the experience should hopefully be epic.

So no consoles exist in this PC elitist world.. and countless list of developers and indie devs??
There are plenty of PC gamers who love to play exclusive and multiplatform games and not just certain PC games.

If you have money to build a high performance rig, why not a console gaming set up for the living room, bedroom?
True PC elitist have consoles, even if they dont touch them and are well aware of top console games.

I would like to see what console game appeals to you graphically.
Because currently, the Order, Ryse, Killzone, Infamous have set the bar...
The great thing about it is that it will force developers to make better looking games and also on the PC as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Yet another "Blockbuster (The modern word for "We ploughed all of your budget into graphics, voice and advertising") sony shooter I see.... le sigh.

Sony is more about guns than microsoft these days... its sad.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#690  Edited By Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@MonsieurX: good one, too bad I struck a nerve

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#691 NFJSupreme

@g0ddyX: dude sub 1080p, sub 30fps, excessive screen tearing is not impressive to the average pc gamer let alone a true elitist. You said pc graphic whores would play this game based on graphics alone. Sorry but no. I'm not even talking about any of the other stuff you typing up. Just pointing out you are way off base with that statement.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693  Edited By NFJSupreme

@scottpsfan14: no they made an open ended statement. They said there was no tearing but if there was they will fix it. A lot different than "absolutely" no screen tearing. Also doesn't explain away the frame drops. The game performs like ass right now dude. You can dc it all you want but every video we have seen of this game has been a juddery screen tearing mess. Let's just hope the final code isn't like this.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#695 NFJSupreme

@scottpsfan14: I'm not talking downgrade. After totmentos post (might not have been this thread) I don't think there was a downgrade. More like a touch up. I'm just pointing out that the performance is ass right now and it's plain to see. Sorry if I'm too real. Like I said hopefully the final code is not like this. I'm actually interested in this game so I'd rather not play a slide show. Especially since they are cutting every corner in the book and using all sorts graphical tricks (all this is a good thing to me btw) to make this game look great. They have no excuse for it to not be a rock solid 30fps with no drops like ass creed4 on ps4. It's just a red flag to me that every time I see this game I see screen tearing and frame rate drops. You can only blame so much on the stream.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#696 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Seems like graphics on consoles are impossible to please some PC graphic elitist on here, or they are chatting it out of spite.
Ever played a Wii before and seen the visuals?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Dat downgrade,it looks terrible.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#698  Edited By Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

meh. Too much grey,bad voice acting. Shiny graphics.skip

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#699 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

The game got "E3 - Watch Dog"ed !

My hunch says it's not gonna be a blast, gotta omit the "hype" from equation.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@b4x said:

Caption: I can't see past the Fud Marcus! Keep Looking!

Ummm, Hate to burst your bubble lem but all of Ryse cutscenes are pre-rendered. I.E. a movie, PS2 could run that.

lol, at you trying to use that in a argument against the real time graphics of The Order or any other high profile PS4 exclusives.

"Cut-scenes, however, are much more impressive to behold thanks to the use of performance capture. Unfortunately, that brings us to another disappointment; Crytek's stated commitment to "real-time, all the time" goes unrealised in Ryse with the move to pre-rendered cut-scenes. This is a common technique employed in many last-generation games that helps move the narrative forward while concealing loading, but we can't help feel disappointment in missing the opportunity to see these scenes play out in real-time."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ryse-son-of-rome

lol, silly lem